1. Post #241
    January 2012
    629 Posts
    Uh, just be advised, my forces are fighting in the outskirts of the city, you might shell my forces on accident

2. Post #242
    October 2015
    37 Posts
    shelling is aimed towards civilian populated areas so that rebels cant pass through it

3. Post #243
    February 2015
    373 Posts
    1. Faction Name. Vyshny's Revolutionary Peoples Party (V.R.P.P)

2. Faction Alignment Independent

3. Some images of your faction members doing stuff.

4. History of your faction.

Originating from the town of Vyshny Volochyok the V.R.P.P is a far left communist party whos main goal is to spread communism throughout eastern Europe. They are hostile to anyone who disagrees with their ideas. Due to the large military presents during the 7 hour war inside Vyshny Volochyok, the town was unable to be taken over and controlled by the combine, this resulted in the bombing and shelling of the town for a month straight resulting in large death tolls and massive destruction. However a small majority of the town was able to retreat back into the old sewer systems and storm drains.

Over time a sort of government system formed between this group of couple of hundred, to help organize themselves, to manage the trips back and forth the surface to scavenge for any supplies and to start collecting food from outside the towns limits. Other than meeting with some resistance on the surface from a few headcrab zombies the majority of the town was empty due to the heavy bombardments.

Over time more people started to join this group until it was large enough to start calling itself a real faction boasting a large size of 11,000 people. (This number is not the number of people able to fight, the majority of this are helpless refugees and citizens) This unfortunately meant however they were now too large to maintain themselves, to adequately equip people with the essentials to survive, which started to result in large uproars in the population. This gave birth to the V.R.P.P and a few other smaller factions. The V.R.P.P however were the largest of the groups, they began taking control of the different underground stations promising equality for everyone, not just the stations which the higher powers lived in. This resulted eventually in the current governing body to step down from power and allow the V.R.P.P to take complete control of the town.

The V.R.P.P knew its only way to support the town sustainably was to expand into more towns, due to its large numbers the majority of the town was ill equipped to go out and take control of knew places, however the one thing this faction had which could be used to their advantage was its larger numbers and the V.R.P.P knew this, so their goal now is to start to move and expand their reach of power.

5. (Optional) Area of operation. Eastern Europe

6. Link to your faction wiki page. http://rebels-vs-combine.wikia.com/wiki/V.R.P.P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,622 Posts
    Despite enemy reinforcements from the Vice Brigade pouring into the southern parts of Voroschi Zvezda Brigada continue to advance rapidly towards the central industrial sectors. Outside the city General Kvostov work hard to keep the stream of reinforcements and supplies flowing to support ZB and PLF teams.

While most headcrab canisters impacted into the residential zones it didn't stop dozens of headcrabs from spreading into the industrial sector. ZB forces were quick to react however, using burstfire from their AKs, shotguns, shovels, bayonets and other improvised melee weapons to make quick work of the evil creatures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

5. Post #245
    May 2016
    50 Posts

Minutemen are now contacting main HQ to send in the 2nd detachment, that contains a WW2 tank along with artillery and assorted mutitions. and extra men for this campaign

The minutemen have have problems with new recruits as some of them started executing, captives mostly against Inspectors
    (Muzzle effects are crap because I have no good ones.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Brunei Darussalam Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #246
    August 2016
    99 Posts

It was a miracle that Sergeant Kerry and his men were still holding a checkpoint on the near suburban areas, that later were shelled on the morning by the combine. Sergey, Quintana and Avrora were taken to the motel The Minutemen were holding at, it became both an HQ for Lambda and allies as well as a hospital for the many wounded and sick.

The medical supplies brought by The Railroad are considered a blessing, it relieved the pain of the many wounded in the base, the PLF forces are in debt with the Railroad now, as Avrora and many other wounded member were saved thanks to them.

At the next day, a meeting between all the representatives of the Minutemen, The Railroad and Podokovsky was held in the managers office, which was refurnished to be the meeting room -- with many combine factions joining the battle, the odds against the lambda and independent forces raise.

While the Zvezda Brigada is doing most of the heavy work and The Woodsmen are skulking around somewhere, the Minutemen, the PLF and the Railroad has to carefully decide their next moves against the combine, Sergey insists that "Plan X" is crucial for the resistance, but the other factions don't think the vortigaunts are going to be able to execute it.
    But they are very wrong...

The Vortigaunts marched as one through the dark sewers of Voroschi, they were going to complete their objective no matter what, any normal human being would consider this mission a suicide, but to the vorts such concept does not exist -- what to us seems a sacrifice, to them it simply means an oscillation. They do not fear the interval of darkness.

Bursting out of the maintenance tunnels, they enter one of the many combine overwatch outposts, with the vortessense and their iron will, the vortigaunts tear through overwatch forces with ease, many die on their way to the control rooms, but their sacrifice will not be forgotten.

They reached the control room, using their vast knowledge harvested from captured and enslaved vortigaunts they begin to work, among those who survived, only a few decided to stay behind to deter the combine, the others will return to the sewers and find their way to aid the rebels in any way they can.

Combine communications, force fields, metallic gates and control over the Overwatch announcement voice are TEMPORARILY down. This gives a bit of time to all rebel factions to move through the town before the combine try to take control back of the power station.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

7. Post #247
    Dennab
    July 2016
    795 Posts
    No offence but I can't see every single control room being controlled by a few in the individual outposst (snip)

Also doesn't this just keep the metallic gates closed?

Edited:

I could see if they broke into some of the control rooms for the areas the rebels are in but not "THE" control room persay.

Apologies if this is silly nitpicking, i really don't mind just carrying on but i'm just wondering if thats, i dunno, practical?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,622 Posts
    Well yeah if it's a system crash then metallic doors and gates will be immovable.

Edited:

And that's a nuisance for both sides.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Safari Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #249
    Dennab
    July 2016
    795 Posts
    True, true. Actually considering that fact it seems a lot more resonable.

Apologies Edward, may the RP continue!

10. Post #250
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    No offence but I can't see every single control room being controlled by a few in the individual outposst (snip)

Edited:

I could see if they broke into some of the control rooms for the areas the rebels are in but not "THE" control room persay.

Apologies if this is silly nitpicking, i really don't mind just carrying on but i'm just wondering if thats, i dunno, practical?
    At this point it kind of looks like some rebels factions can pretty much do anything and nothing the Combine side does affect them. First they showed up to the city, then they were in the central area, and now they took down the defenses everywhere.

It'd be kinda nice if you guys pumped the breaks a little bit and took a slower pacing, cause at this rate you'll end up taking the city in a couple of days. Combine factions are fewer and (at least in my case) haven't been able to produce scenes by the day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #251
    August 2016
    99 Posts

Edited:

What they are doing is basically hacking into the overwatch system and maintaining everything they can open -- they don't have full control over the entire city, that would be impossible, but they do have control over many gates and check points.

12. Post #252
    Dennab
    July 2016
    795 Posts
    I could see them destroying or halting the system, ergo closing the gates meaning that nothing can be changed but not really controlling it.

Edited:

Like what Viper said

13. Post #253
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    Also, vortigaunt hackers. Vortigaunt. Hackers. I wonder in what sort of situation their slaves learn how to manipulate the interface system and bend it over for cyber abuse and control stuff.

I'm fully aware that nitpicking is bad for the thread, but the rebel players shouldn't be making up too much that will benefit them and leave Combine players with pretty much no fighting chance. It's not over yet, but it kind of looks that way by now as one of our greatest advantages, security, is pretty much done with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    Dennab
    July 2016
    795 Posts
    Sadly i must agree, the battle seems to be going far too fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    August 2016
    99 Posts
    I am going to disagree here, that's why I remarked the TEMPORARILY part, it's hinted in the game itself that Vorts know a lot of combine technology, in fact Alyx even talks about it in HL2 how vorts are captured and sent to nova prospekt, sending small amounts of intel back to the resistance.

We don't have full control of the city, we are outnumbered, there are at least 5 factions around us.

I am not blaming anyone but if there should be something to remark here is the lack of crippling blows made by the combine, so far Piggo was the only one to say "the inspectors are trowing bombs from the roofs" something I clearly pictured -- also Afran said that the suburban areas (where most o my people are at the moment) were headcrab shelled by the combine and Viper showed pictures about it.

Again, I'm not blaming anyone but there should be more violent attacks from Overwatch to our factions -- even from the NPC faction, the combine soldier or synths.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #256
    Dennab
    July 2016
    795 Posts
    Sorry i haven't posted more, i was going to do more attacks. I understand what you're saying and that is a fair point.

Edited:

I'm just anxious when i do my posts as i ask myself "Is this fair?" when ever i post my troops killing other factions. I'm not sure if its right to do such an attack or if i should kill that many people, or if its a reasonable thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    August 2016
    99 Posts
    Don't worry about it Piggo, like I said before I am not blaming anyone, but I would like to see more combat, more destruction.

I understand not all of you have free time or work on your own like myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    I am going to disagree here, that's why I remarked the TEMPORARILY part,
    Sure, but that doesn't really stop your vorts from going to other control rooms and knocking it down temporarily again.

it's hinted in the game itself that Vorts know a lot of combine technology
    All we see one vort doing with Combine technology is attach a hunter-chopper gun to the airboat, that has nothing to do with manipulating the Combine mainframe. And even then, the chances that a slave would somehow master their interface technology and control a bunch of stuff are pretty low unless the Combine are absolutely retarded.

in fact Alyx even talks about it in HL2 how vorts are captured and sent to nova prospekt, sending small amounts of intel back to the resistance.
    She said they sent pictures of the place via vortessence, that doesn't have anything to do with manipulating the Combine mainframe.

We don't have full control of the city, we are outnumbered, there are at least 5 factions around us.
    You may be outnumbered in-game, but you can't deny that rebel factions are the more popular thing and therefore they get more posts and victories.

I am not blaming anyone but if there should be something to remark here is the lack of crippling blows made by the combine, so far Piggo was the only one to say "the inspectors are trowing bombs from the roofs" something I clearly pictured -- also Afran said that the suburban areas (where most o my people are at the moment) were headcrab shelled by the combine and Viper showed pictures about it.

Again, I'm not blaming anyone but there should be more violent attacks from Overwatch to our factions -- even from the NPC faction, the combine soldier or synths.
    Well, that's a fine point. But like I said before, I haven't been able to create many scenes due to time limitations; on the other hand, you guys pump out scenes like farm animals.

Combine players aren't the only players. I don't think anything stops rebel players from considering factors like NPC Combine factions in the area, instead of every post they make being a victory they can simulate losses when Combine players can't post stuff; or alternatively you guys can take it easy and be considerate about other people's time limitations.

Edited:
    Probably wrong on the vortessence part, but the interface argument should suffice coupled with "how would they get to use interfaces while imprisoned in Nova Prospekt?" to make it be vortessence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    February 2015
    373 Posts
    V.R.P.P scouts approach the town of Voroschi, however only going near the out skirts as it is obvious a siege is underway, the scouts hold back and begin noting down any possible ways into the place, what sort of opposition they would be up against if they were to start operating there, and enemy supply lines.
    V.R.P.P men continue to set up smaller outposts and defences around their home town
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    Dennab
    July 2016
    795 Posts
    To be fair its not their fault the Rebel factions are the most popular ones, and i'd hate to see a post-limit be put in place.

Edited:

Overall i say we just play as the Combine far more aggressivly with more attacks. We have weapons, lets start using them!

21. Post #261
    January 2012
    629 Posts
    So I just read the last few posts, vioer, where did you get the bmp and the Shika? I was ok with you having a BTR and the Scrap tank.

I also agree with Omega, the resistance factions have been acting a but overpowered. The combine factions seem to be throwing everything they have at you guys and nothing seems to be happening.

Also, FBI SWAT GUY, where are you getting all of this eqiupment? I already stated that most of your equipment would be mostly inferior.

All rebel factions, slow down a bit, give the combine factions some time to fight back. There arn't as many combine factions in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    October 2015
    37 Posts
    I think the main problem here is a lack of communication between the players over steam and the sort. In order for the game to work both sides need to talk about their posts before posting them so that a fair and logical move is made. I'd say GM's also need to be more involved and sort situations out with the players from a neutral perspective.

The Vorsochi situation is really tricky as well because it's a fictional location and there's no map to see an actual structure of the place so that actual tactics and plans can be made. The lack of information causes a confusion of how big the city is and where exactly factions are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    So I just read the last few posts, vioer, where did you get the bmp and the Shika? I was ok with you having a BTR and the Scrap tank.

I also agree with Omega, the resistance factions have been acting a but overpowered. The combine factions seem to be throwing everything they have at you guys and nothing seems to be happening.

Also, FBI SWAT GUY, where are you getting all of this eqiupment? I already stated that most of your equipment would be mostly inferior.

All rebel factions, slow down a bit, give the combine factions some time to fight back. There arn't as many combine factions in the game.
    I wouldn't say we've been throwing everything yet, but I saw how some things other Combine players did were pretty much overlooked by rebel factions.

I also forgot to mention the increased amount of mechanized infantry, which made me feel a bit concerned about the battle since apparently anything you guys need can pop into existence.

The concerns I brought up here aren't to ruin other people's fun, it's just that right now things seem to be rebel-leaning a little too much (especially the fact of how fast you guys are able to post).

Edited:
    Afran makes a pretty good point. I propose that we make use of a Steam group so we can contact each other with much more ease and GMs can make announcements both in the group and the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #264
    Dennab
    July 2016
    795 Posts
    Third agrrement for the Steam group here. Justin, mind setting it up?

25. Post #265
    January 2012
    629 Posts
    Yep, give me a moment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

26. Post #266
    November 2014
    859 Posts
    Yeah, having a steam group would making planing out things alot easier for those involved.

27. Post #267
    January 2012
    629 Posts
    Ok, heres the link, I'm working so I'll flesh it out when I get back.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LambdaWarsRP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

28. Post #268
    August 2016
    99 Posts
    Good, I'm in the chat for any of those ready to discus this.

29. Post #269
    April 2015
    984 Posts

A squad of Woodsmen approaches the outskirts of Voroschi. Along the way, they stumble upon a few dead bodies...

Squad Leader: Waddya got?
    Woodman 1: *turns the dead body over to get a better look at it* No idea who these guys are. Looks like pulse rifle wounds. Overwatch musta jumped 'em.

Woodsman 2: Hey boss. Got a blood trail leading away here.

*the squad follows the trail a ways before coming across a lone body...*
    Woodsman 2: Got another stiff here. Musta crawled away and bled out.

*the squad leader approaches the prone form and rolls him over. The man's eyes suddenly open and he begins to feebly mumble something in Russian...*
    Squad Leader: Got a live one here. Grab the doc.

*the squad's medic assesses the man and converses quietly with the squad leader...*
    Medic: He's not going to make it.
    Squad leader: You speak Russian right? What's he saying?
    Medic: I speak Belarusian, they're different. Anyway, I could somewhat make out what he's going on about. He kept repeating "405" over and over.
    Squad Leader: Did he say anything that might be useful?
    Medic: He's half-dead, nothing useful is going to come out of him at this point.
    Squad Leader: Alright, let's take his gear and move on.
    Medic: We should at least do something to ease his suffering.
    Squad Leader: I'd shoot him but it'd just draw attention. Whatever you're gonna do, hurry up and let's get going.

*the squad strips the dying man of his gear and leaves him with a syringe of morphine to ease his passage...*
    Meanwhile...

Other Woodsman squads arriving on the outskirts of town run into conflict with the Vice Brigade.

Though not the toughest enemies they've faced, the Vice Brigade manages to inflict a number of casualties and pin down a few squads.

The abundance of headcrabs and zombies does nothing to make life easier on the Woodsman either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,622 Posts
    Well, after waking up and reading through the discussion I can only agree. From here on out I will slow down my pace a little.
    However I do have concerns of my own, such as how it's possible for the Combine to field a massive helicopter fleet when we were told that there's a portal storm in the region?

Then of course there's the conscripts who look like literal Armed Forces of the Russian Federation seemingly not only showing up out of the blue but also started a headcrab shelling in an area with large amounts of Combine and resistance forces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Safari Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #271
    August 2016
    99 Posts
    The battle for Voroschi is becoming harder for both factions, early this morning, the vorts allied with the PLF managed to violate the mainframe for at least 30 minutes before a team of overwatch soldiers found out and killed them, this gave enough time for a few teams of rebels to move across the city, this however also allowed zombies and headcrabs to do the same, Plan X turned out to be a danger rather than a chance to move through the city without being sniped down.

While the largest amounts of zombies are on the northern and northeastern suburban areas, big amounts of them are on the move towards both the industrial areas and southern suburbs, two teams of PLF scouts were killed by the creatures, a hit that deeply saddens most of Podokovsky forces.

With plan X being a complete failure, Sergey and the other faction leaders must decide what to do next -- he has an idea, he insists in searching for new strategic locations to install outposts across the town, leaving Lambda markings to know where these areas are located -- Sergey and Jeremiah lead the scouting party with the help of Sergeant Kelly and many members from the Minutemen, Railroad, PLF and random volunteers or partisans.
    this is the first time I do a picture of Sergey without Quintana there somewhere, this feels strange.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

32. Post #272
    February 2015
    379 Posts
    You guys are making pictures so fast it's amazing. Where do you get all this motivation?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #273
    September 2015
    253 Posts
    Is there an estimated end date of the event? I'd like to use the event as an entry for my faction

34. Post #274
    Dennab
    July 2016
    795 Posts
    Since i've said multiple times "ooooh my post will be today!" i'd just like to apologize for not posting. School is quite busy at the moment and i usually have homework every night. I made a few screenshots an hour ago and while some were quite good, i realized i had started to rush them and i didn't feel well about posting those so i'll redo them. I'd rather post quality screenshots slower than fast crap ones, i hope you all understand why it might take me longer than other people to post.

Edited:

I've planned a lovely big post with Edward but it might take a while, possibly till tomorrow or Wednesday, since i need to figure out how to use some effects as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,622 Posts
    You guys are making pictures so fast it's amazing. Where do you get all this motivation?
    Alcohol.

Edited:

Since i've said multiple times "ooooh my post will be today!" i'd just like to apologize for not posting. School is quite busy at the moment and i usually have homework every night. I made a few screenshots an hour ago and while some were quite good, i realized i had started to rush them and i didn't feel well about posting those so i'll redo them. I'd rather post quality screenshots slower than fast crap ones, i hope you all understand why it might take me longer than other people to post.

Edited:

I've planned a lovely big post with Edward but it might take a while, possibly till tomorrow or Wednesday, since i need to figure out how to use some effects as well.
    No worries dude, RL always goes first. I'm taking a break untill tomorrow or wednesday so that the thread can catch up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    February 2016
    384 Posts
    What maps are being used for Voroschi? Might jump in myself...

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,622 Posts
    What maps are being used for Voroschi? Might jump in myself...
    Judecca (small), Terminal 6, City 8 Canals, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #278
    February 2016
    384 Posts
    Judecca (small), Terminal 6, City 8 Canals, etc.
    Cheers mate

39. Post #279
    November 2014
    147 Posts
    I gotchu, Piggo.

An Outcast APC finds a route into the sewers, starting to move in and finding a retreating Inspector team, with one wounded member of it, they beckon them to get inside the armored box and they gladly move towards the back hatch, one taking care of a chasing Resistance scout before following the other two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

40. Post #280
    August 2016
    99 Posts
    In my case, I work at home so I get a lot of free time, I'm a writer and I love creating stories.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)