1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,440 Posts
    While PLF forces move into position, Dima prepares the ZB forces with a quick briefing for all the designated squad leaders. After the briefing squad leaders united with their men and prepared them for the assault.

Once the signal was finally given and transmitted across PLF and ZB radio channels, ZB mortars opened fire on the Combine emplacements at the northern perimeter of Voroschi. While not particularly effective against the hardened Combine buildings themselves the mortar rounds served their purpose by forcing soldiers of the Overwatch into shelter (as well as civilians) making the assault much more easier for the incoming forces.

Leading by example, Dima spearheads the Zvezda Brigada forces attacking the gate, quickly overwhelming its defenses. While it will take some time to reconfigure the gates to allow for vehicles to pass through the first ZB squads have now entered the city of Voroschi. They expect nothing but fierce resistance.

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting but I didn't want to miss the whole party. In other news I'm sick and at home so more content untill I get better. Yay?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

2. Post #202
    July 2016
    275 Posts
    Awesome, response will be tomorrow!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #203

August 2016
    91 Posts
    An hour before the attack...
    While traveling through the severs underneath Voroschi, the PLF forces encountered a strange uniformed metrocop, Elisaveta didn't waste any second and sniped him down.

Joaquin: Sergey... do you copy?
    Sergey: What is chuvak? are you in position? the fire show is going to start very soon.
    Joaquin: We are not... we could say we fucked really hard... Elisaveta sniped down a strange metrocop dressed in orange.
    Sergey: That explains why the Combine are mobilizing so fast... Orange you say? must be the The Inspectors.
    Joaquin: Who?
    Sergey: A long time ago a member of The Railroad told me about these metrocops clad in black and orange, making their lives impossible by blowing up many of their paths... they are a pain in ass for them... doesn't surprise me they are here as well... listen chuvak, if they are down there it means they have placed traps... hurry up, the good general is about to give the order at any moment... oh, and before I forget... tell Lisa to stop shooting everything.
    Elisaveta: Fuck you Sergey.
    Joaquin: I think she misses you... take care pal... Alright everyone, here is where we start, most of vorts and all of the houndeyes start "Plan X", meanwhile me, Elisaveta, Jeremiah and Parker will scout ahead for any traps placed by our orange friends here, you'll wait here until we give the order to advance, understood? okay, lets do this!
    A few minutes later...
    Four of the rebels scoured ahead, deactivating traps and making sure they were not going to be surprised by the combine.

Joaquin: Make sure your weapons don't get wet.
    Parker: We are not fresh refugees from city 17 Joako, I know what I'm doing.
    Joaquin: Hey Jere, do you see anything?
    Jeremiah: I'm afraid not.
    Parker: Smells like houndeye shit in here...
    Elisaveta: It smells far worse than that.
    Parker: You are just too used to your little pets, Lisa.
    While walking down the sewers, they reached a confined hallway and decided to push onward, however, the loud sound of a shotgun blast makes the group to stop.

Parker was shot in the chest, the other three members quickly hide behind the sewer debris.

Crouching Inspector: I've got one! Get that 12-34! we're cleaning up now.
    Standing Inspector: Sure thing Martin -- All units, we're responding to code 5 - 12, requesting back up!

Elisaveta: Bastards!
    Joaquin: Hey! drop your weapons now and we will not sho-
    Elisaveta fires against the Inspectors.

Proving her sniping skills, she kills the standing inspector before he could fire at them.
    Crouching Inspector: Vladmir! god damn it you assholes!
    The crouching Inspector stands up and charges at the trio with a pickaxe, this desperate attempt at killing them was short lived as Jeremiah quickly subdued the Inspector with ease.

As the Inspector is pinned against the ground, Elisaveta tries to shot him, only to be stopped by Joaquin.
    Joaquin: Stop it Lisa! there is no more need for that!
    Elisaveta: He killed Parker! he deserves to die!
    Joaquin: I said that's enough... He is going to be useful...

Joaquin: Are you okay?
    Inspector: Go to hell...
    Joaquin: We are not going to hurt you... We will take you to a safe place...
    Jeremiah: I'll return to the others and ask two of my kin to take him to the camp, they'll offer him protection from the humans with red stars.
    Joaquin: Thanks Jere... tell the others to come as well, we are almost ready for Plan X...
    That was long
    I was hoping to post this before Viper but I wasn't fast enough -- anyways, tonight I'll be posting the BIG stuff, so stay tuned.

(and as always, sorry for my potato English.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #204
    November 2014
    697 Posts
    While I haven't been able to make that many scenes due to finals, I fixed my garry's mod and now it runs at 60 FPS! Also got that map to work so I'll probably come back in a week or two.
    EdwardDewey: Scenes are looking great! Can't wait to see what happens next. I really like how you make the rebels feel like actual characters. Awesome job!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #205

August 2016
    91 Posts
    The time has come...

Joaquin: We are ready Sergey, I can already hear the blasts of the mortars...
    Sergey: Alright Joako, get everyone ready and lets hope that the vortigaunts hurry up... Plan X is crucial!
    Kvostov: [Sergey, do you copy?]
    Sergey: [Loud and clear, comrade general Kvostov.]
    Kvostov: [Its your turn now my friend, for victory!]
    Sergey: Joako! get on the move now brother! for the resistance!
    Joaquin: Yes hermano, for the resistance!

As the constant bombing obliges combine forces and civilians to take shelter, the metro police start to march on the streets while "evacuating" everyone, Joaquin and his team escaped from the sewers through an abandoned subway tunnel and came out into the streets of the industrial area, the platoon of rebels opened fire against the metro police forces, sadly several citizens were shot during the battle, many dying on the scene.

Meanwhile in the suburban areas of Voroschi, Sergey and Quintana try to evacuate as many people as they can, metrocops are shot on sight but a few of them surrender and get captured, loyalist citizens are also captured, as they are considered too dangerous for the resistance.

As the battle continues, the destroyed streets of the northern areas are a constant battle zone -- a new party has emerged from the insides of the city, many who see this war as a opportunity to join the battle against the combine, either citizens who had enough of their abuse or metrocops who see this as an opportunity to redeem themselves, these combatants are known as The Partisans, while they are a nice addition to the rebel forces, the combine still greatly outnumber them.

The battle will take many days, perhaps even weeks, with more combine and rebel forces approaching, this battle will be crucial for the future of the resistance, if they win this will prove the combine and "the benefactors" that mankind is still willing to fight with everything they have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

6. Post #206
    July 2016
    275 Posts
    Response will be tonight hopefully, homework pending..... its time for the Elites to move in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    January 2012
    998 Posts
    Sorry, work is hectic. Expect a large post sometime tommorow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #208

May 2016
    30 Posts

The eastern minutemen detachment arrived and set up post, in an old motel their mission was
    to support the resistance, and other factions in the attack with recon and support.There were under the command of Lieutenant Jack parsons

They also used the motel to shelter refugees and fleeing citizens from the warzone and is also, used for Volunteer recruitment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Brunei Darussalam Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

9. Post #209
    August 2015
    424 Posts
    Hey dude,donīt want to bother but that SCAR and the F2000 are a little too futuristic.Earth was overrun in the 90īs and the SCAR only began production in 2007 and the F2000 was only produced in 2001(not too far fetched but very expensive to make).Just saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #210
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    Hey dude,donīt want to bother but that SCAR and the F2000 are a little too futuristic.Earth was overrun in the 90īs and the SCAR only began production in 2007 and the F2000 was only produced in 2001(not too far fetched but very expensive to make).Just saying.
    I'm pretty sure nobody has specified that in neither the games or the thread if I remember correctly.

Edited:
    Well, the Black Mesa Incident sure as hell didn't happen in the 2010s as some would like to believe. Might be wrong, but Laidlaw said somewhere the correct date is 200- so.

11. Post #211

May 2016
    30 Posts
    Yeah I was thinking the weapons were too anachronistic after I posted it. I mean the last thread some guy was using a stealth hawk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Brunei Darussalam Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #212

August 2016
    91 Posts
    I'm pretty sure nobody has specified that in neither the games or the thread if I remember correctly.
    Honestly, it's safe to assume that the Xenian portal storm and the 7 hours war happened circa the late 90's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #213
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    I originally edited this, but I'm just gonna make a new post so people don't miss it.

Okay, I found it: http://www.valvetime.net/threads/mar...6#post-3141727

It could be from 2001 to 2009 for our purposes, honestly; no need to back people into a corner with a specific year.

Edited:
    And that's just the Black Mesa Incident, the stalemate between humanity and Xen creatures could've lasted longer. It wouldn't be shocking that during that time the military industry was favored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,440 Posts
    I always assumed it was around the late 90s based on all the HL2 concept arts and how the beta conscripts looked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #215

August 2016
    91 Posts
    I always assumed it was around the late 90s based on all the HL2 concept arts and how the beta conscripts looked.
    Honestly, there are many things that make it look like it was during the early 2000's -- so many of the props, the vehicles, the buildings on HL2 seem to hint that at least.

and honestly, I don't think the battle between humanity and xen took too long, while countless aliens poured into Earth, it seems like humanity was able to "defeat" the xenian invasion, but they were too weak to fight against the combine who were attracted to earth by the Nihilanths portal storm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,440 Posts
    But that's hard to tell since the only stuff we've seen is either a high-tech secret facility located in the United States or a eastern-European city and nearby forests. Nothing really hints at the current year since Black Mesa is overly sci-fi'd and most of Europe have buildings ranging back to the early 20s and 30s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #217
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it's closer to the earlier 2000s, but this isn't a fleshed out story or anything; because of that, there's no real need to be accurate with canon.

Edited:
    Beta =/= Retail

Edited:
    and honestly, I don't think the battle between humanity and xen took too long, while countless aliens poured into Earth, it seems like humanity was able to "defeat" the xenian invasion, but they were too weak to fight against the combine who were attracted to earth by the Nihilanths portal storm.
    I like to see it as more of a stalemate, since you have aliens being teleported randomly that probably caused a big deal of damage in rural areas. It wouldn't be anything like being on the brink of extinction since I'm fairly certain the cities would be properly secure, mostly. At the very least I'd say it took a year or two of Xen incursions until the arrival of the Combine, because I think if humans were in that situation for too many years they probably would've found a way to adapt and not be as weakened.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #218

August 2016
    91 Posts
    I like to see it as more of a stalemate, since you have aliens being teleported randomly that probably caused a big deal of damage in rural areas. It wouldn't be anything like being on the brink of extinction since I'm fairly certain the cities would be properly secure, mostly. At the very least I'd say it took a year or two of Xen incursions until the arrival of the Combine, because I think if humans were in that situation for too many years they probably would've found a way to adapt and not be as weakened.
    "The Portal Storms raged across the Earth, spreading Xen life forms causing the people to move into cities for protection. These portal storms attracted an alien empire known as the Combine that defeated all armed forces of all nations on Earth in only seven hours."
    Earth was weak, the seven hours war lasted that long because they were all in a bad shape thanks to all of the attacks they suffered from the Xenian life forms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    July 2016
    275 Posts

As quickly as troop transport will allow, Combat Units and Elites arrive. 12 teams of 6 are due to arrive, with their weapons being given out at arrival as soon as possible. Each Elite waits for their team to gather their equipment.

One of the readied up teams plans their movements. Each team has a role chosen by their Elite after discussion of the needs of the battle. This team in particular has been equipped for urban warfare, with grenade launchers for on-the-street altercations, side alleys and other bottlenecks. For obvious reasons, they don't use the launchers inside the building.

A team scurries up an apartment block to reach the top floor. They intend to set up a position to rain down explosives onto the rebels below. When they run out of explosives, they'll join an attack team for reinforcements.

The Elites care about their teams. Obviously, they are punished for any deaths that could have been prevented, but they take the deaths personally. Therefore, they put themselves under their team and are prepared to die to protect just one member if they can. A few of them are Combine soldiers, who wanted to serve in more compact circumstances.

An Elite prepares to execute a rebel blinded and dazed by a flash grenade. Members of his team watch on.

The Elite's fighting is often fast and hard hitting, however they do not have the tact of the Rebels. Their actions make them frighting to innocent civilians, who see the gory results of their actions.

As the Inspectors move forward, entering buildings and cramped spaces, melee fighting becomes more common. While most Inspectors are armed with guns, big melee weapons are not always popular. Knives on the other hand are very popular.... and very dangerous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

20. Post #220
    April 2015
    926 Posts
    Faction Name: The Woodsmen
    Alignment: Lambda Resistance, Chaotic "Good"

The Woodsmen are an elite unit of Lambda that operates within White Forest. They are better equipped and trained than the average Lambda cell, and put their skills to use with deadly efficiency. Their function is to act as a roving commando group to harass Overwatch wherever they are in White Forest. Should the situation require it, they can also act as a quick reaction force to aid other Lambda units in trouble or supplement an operation against Overwatch. The Woodsmen have no vehicles or heavy weapons and thus are able to mobilize quickly without drawing too much attention to themselves. The Woodsmen have no base of operations and simply rove from place to place in White Forest, setting up camp wherever they happen to end up when night falls. Many of the Woodsmen are ex-military from before the 7 Hour War and have passed down their training to new members of the unit, resulting in a level of discipline and cohesion rarely seen in other Lambda groups. The Woodsmen have a somewhat unsavory reputation within the ranks of Lambda, as they are known for pursuing the bloodier resolution to a situation and refusing to take prisoners in their raids, even deserting conscripts. There are rumors that the Woodsmen may have killed citizens in the past due to the chance they might be Combine sympathizers. Another unpopular trait of the Woodsmen is that they consider themselves to be superior to the rank-and-file Lambda fighters, and therefore conduct themselves in a cocky and condescending manner when interacting with other resistance members. They are also noted xenophobes, harboring a deep hatred of all off-world life including their vortigaunt allies. They do not answer directly to White Forest Base or any of the other Lambda high commands, rather functioning as an autonomous entity that works to ensure the security of Lambda operations in White Forest in general. It is speculated that the Woodsman may number close to 100+ members, though no one can say for sure due to their secretive nature.

Woodsmen navigating one of their many established patrol routes.

Because they are in the forest for weeks, possibly even months at a time, the Woodsmen survive by gathering water from streams, hunting for meat and foraging for edible plant life, making them expert survivalists.

When passing through the various Lambda settlements in White Forest, the Woodsmen will often hold "tryouts" for those who aspire to join their ranks. The tryouts are brutal, and most who attempt them wash out.

Woodsmen raids are fast and furious, usually leaving no survivors.
    I just wanted to get these guys introduced, I'll make more quality content in the future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    January 2012
    998 Posts
    Welcome back old timer.

Edited:

One of the largest mobilizations of 405th since the founding of the legion.
    With the threat of their primary source of munitions under attack, the 405th has mobilized a massive strike force. With intel suggesting a massive Resistance faction making camp outside the city walls.

Three Kilometers outside Voroschi

405th Legionaries deploying at one of the 5 Major LZs. NOTE: the two heavy flame troopers.
    Backed by their Mi-24 Hinds, The strategy is to Surround the Besieging forces and use heavy flamers and air support to flatten anything in the circle.

Two days later...
    A ZB patrol was ambushed by the advancing 405th legion, all but one was killed. the 405th continue to press into ZB held areas, hell bent on breaking the siege.

Boris wakes up with a ringing in his ear and loss of feeling in his right leg. All he can hear is the sound of helicopters and explosions in the distance.

(Off Screen) 405th Trooper: These fuckers arn't as poorly equipped as the slime we burned out of the sewers.
    Boris:(mubling)...Comrades...
    (Off Screen) 405th Trooper: Commander, hes awake.
    Boris slowly comes to his senses and can see everyone but young Vadim and himself were killed.

405th Trooper: *Chuckles* Looks like you Russians can be killed after all.
    Vadim: [Boris! Boris, Please Help! My gun jammed! These Bastards don't know what we say!]
    Boris: [Don't worry Comrade... Help wi- *winces at the pain returning to his leg*... Help will come...]
    405th Trooper: What the hell are you Bastards saying? Hey! Who in this dammed legion can speak Russian?
    Commander Ellis: Stow it, I can.
    The Combine Elite walks over kneels down in front of Boris and takes off his helmet.

Commander Ellis: [How are you my friend. I apologize for the situation.]
    Boris: [You can go... Go Fuck yourself... Traitor]
    Commander Ellis: [I'm not the traitor here. I only ask, how many of you are attacking the city?]
    Boris doesn't answer the question and only glares angrily at the Commander
    Then over Boris's Radio comes to life with voices.
    Radio [Boris? Boris are you there? Please respond Comrade!]
    A trooper picks up the radio and hands it to the commander
    The Commander turns on the radio on
    Commander Ellis: [Your friends are dead men.]
    Radio Operator: [Who is this? How did you get this radio?!?]
    Boris: [Comrade! Retreat! They have us boxxed i- *Pain shoots through his leg*
    Commander Ellis: [You and your friends are going to meet the same fate as every other resistance faction we meet, Burned or frozen. Fire and Ice]
    Commander Ellis breaks the transmitting button so that ZBHQ can hear whats going to happen.
    Boris by now has lost most of his stregnth, he lost feeling in his leg. Slowly losing concioussness, he sees Ellis has a MedKit and deliriously tries to grab it

Commander Ellis: *laughs* Oh I see you need it well you know what? I'm in a giving mood today!
    Tosses the Medkit out of reach.
    Commander Ellis: (to his troops) Well that was enough fun today. MOVE OUT!
    405th Trooper: What about this one sir?
    Commander Ellis: [You've been awefully quiet Vadim. I like that trait.] Take him Away.Two Legionaries restrain and drag him away
    Commander Ellis: [You'll make a Excellent Stalker]
    Vadim struggles even harder
    Vadim: [NO, PLEASE NO! I DON'T WANT TO BE A STALKER! PLEASE! NO! NO!]
    A trooper comes up from behind and knocks him out with a stunstick.
    Commander Ellis: Move out, we got a city to take back.
    This took me Forever. Hopefully you guys enjoy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #222

August 2016
    91 Posts
    The Zvezda Brigada push through the industrial sectors of Voroschi, The Eastern Minutemen organize a shelter for all the civilians and refugees not willing to join the battle as partisans while the Podokovsky Liberation Fighters fight their way through the suburban areas of Voroschi.

Sergey: Things are not looking good... as we go through the apartment complexes around Voroschi trying to evacuate everyone, The Inspectors make our job harder, we lost Takashi two hours ago... an elite officer shot him down, there was nothing Quintana could do... She looks tired and sad, we already lost two of our own and the day is not over yet... the first day of our battle shows how difficult it will be for us to defeat the combine, but we will prevail, we must prevail.

Sergey: Quinny talks random nonsense from time to time while Avrora sings some old Russian songs, walking through the debris of destroyed buildings, listening to the war around us, it's tragic yet there is something charming about it... maybe I'm just too used to hear this sort of stuff... or maybe I'm ju-

Inspector Elite: Dispatch! we found a group of anti-citizens, code is 508 -- amputate!
    Inspector: Get these suckers! trowing grenade!

Sergey: My ears were ringing, the strong smell of burning flesh and fire filled the street as Quintana grabs me and starts to cry, desperately begging me to get up, I hug her and then I get up immediately then I help her carry Avrora -- Julian and Pavel were killed by the blast, there was nothing left of them. We ran as fast as we could while carrying Avrora, we lost our guns on the run as the metro cops kept shooting at us.

Sergey: Robert! do you copy?!
    Robert: Loud and clear Sergey, is plan X executed?

Sergey: I don't know and right know I couldn't care less! we are running to the minutemen base, Avrora was wounded and we lost Julian and Pavel just a moment ago!
    Robert: Oh god...
    Quintana: I... I can't see anything...
    Sergey: Shit... Quintana lost her glasses, listen Robert we are unarmed and running through a battlefield, the Inspectors are dropping explosives on the streets, we need help!
    Robert: I'll try to warn Dima abo-
    Sergey: Dima is fighting bravely with his men, tell Joaquin to meet me with the minutemen, I need you to call for reinforcements... anybody who is part of Lambda, the railroad, lambda 17-14, the woodsm-.
    Robert: the Woodsmen?! are you sure about this Sergey?
    Sergey: We need them right now Robert, we have no choice... and lets hope the vortigaunts hurry up and perform plan X soon... listen, I have to go I must guide Quintana back to the base.
    Robert: Good luck Sergey... you're going to need it...

Joaquin and his men along many partisans march of the night streets towards the base of the minutemen in the city, it's estimated that Joaquin is leading at least 40 people through the wrecked streets.
    Welcome back Volf! here is a little something to get you involved.

Awesome stuff Justin, hope to see more of your guys in the battlefield.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

23. Post #223
    January 2012
    998 Posts
    So just as a update, I noticed most of us are in the Eastern European theater. I do hope for some factions in the US, so the next Random Loot drop will be in the United States.

Also, once I see five new factions pop up in the United States, I'll assign a Regional Administrator. And for those who are on the list for R.A. they are:

Viper123_SWE- Eastern European Regional Admin

EdwardDewey89

AutismoPiggo

Now I have Reasons for why I chose them:

Viper is a longtime and experienced RP player on this forum, we play together on the Espionage Wars Thread. I also chose him because he is the first Independent faction, I can appreciate the originality and it expands into the unknown of independent factions.

Edward is also on the list because he somehow manages to convince me that all his characters have, well, Character. Almost makes me ashamed I'm going to torch them...Almost. But back to the point, Edward manages to flesh out his characters and makes the thread feel more alive.

Autismo also grabs a position on the list because of the originality of his civil protection unit, I enjoy that he went somewhere people wouldn't think of; Demolition. He also thought of what happens after a fight, you have to clean up the mess. On top of that he keeps in touch often with me making sure he knows he interprets a rule correctly as well as making sure there are no hiccups when we play.

But all three of them have something in common; They respect the rules, help out others when they start out, they are polite to each other. So, once the US region starts gaining new factions in the area, I'll appoint one of three of you for the position unless you would like a certain segment of the globe sectioned off if the thread gets bigger. But due to experience, Viper123_SWE is most likely going to get the position as the US Region Admin because of his experience. Autismo and Edward, Both of you guys will be at the top of the list, I'll post a list of regions when I'm ready.

As for the Rest of the players on the thread, keep on playing, help out people, and encourage others to join.

I was going to add Dunz3d but the way he treated the new players made me think otherwise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

24. Post #224
    July 2016
    275 Posts
    I'll be very happy if Viper becomes the Region Admin, he deserves it. Also Edward is a very good contender and i'm also happy that i'm a contender too.

ANYWAY
    Gonna have a bigger post tonight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

25. Post #225
    January 2012
    998 Posts
    Attention everybody in the Eastern European Region (sector 17). I have appointed Viper123_SWE as Admin for your Region. He will now be doing random events and also has the power to kick you if you become a twat.

Good luck Viper!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #226
    November 2014
    148 Posts
    Just realized that extra pair of glasses. Whoops.

The 12th Armored Regiment has arrived. Two of the Outcast's APCs manage to get into the suburbs and run into a group of Resistance fighters trying to get civilians to the Eastern Minutemen's shelter and mercilessly gun them all down, making their way further into Voroschi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,440 Posts
    Amidst reports of hostile contacts surrounding the ZB-PLF field HQ outside of Voroschi Brigada mechanized and armored brigades intensify their advance into the industrial zones of the city. Knee-deep in rubble soldiers lay down fire against soldiers of the Combine Overwatch whilst escorting BMPs, BTRs and other homemade armored vehicles.

Zvezda Brigada forces have reported heavy resistance while fighting through the war-torn streets Voroschi. The soldiers make every shot count however many dangers lurk around every corner and inside every building.

Wounded soldiers are quickly transported back to the rear lines to be treated by PLF and ZB medics and field surgeons. However some soldiers are not as lucky, if someone dies their comrades usually read them a quick prayer before stripping them of their gear so that they can push in. In the event that this is not possible Brigada soldiers simply leave their fallen untill they have the opportunity to give them the final rest.

After applying force in the form of cursewords and other violent means the gates to Voroschi finally opened and while the main ZB forces are supported by armored vehicles secondary units don't have the same luxury and are instead supported by homemade infatry/armored fighting vehicles such as repurposed trucks, vans or all-terrain vehicles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

28. Post #228
    November 2014
    697 Posts

The Railroad intercepts a call for help from the Podokovsky Liberation Fighters, needing help in the town for Voroschi.

A squad from the Civillan Corps is about 10 miles out from the town, armed with a machine gun truck and various medical supplies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #229

May 2016
    30 Posts

SGT. kerry: Command there's no refugees coming, this way can we move out now over.
    Command: Roger that Alpha move out, to the next area over and out.

SGT.Kerry: Okay gentlemen let's move to the next area.
    Volunteer soldier: Why aren't there more refugees in this area?.
    SGT.Kerry: Negative command says refugees are using a another area.

The squad sniper was holding up in an building, when he looked into his scope closer.He saw 3 shadowed figures who were walking towards the checkpoint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Brunei Darussalam Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #230
    April 2015
    926 Posts

Early in the morning, an element of the Woodsmen intercepts a call for reinforcements sent out by the Podokovsky Liberation Fighters.
    Radioman: Sir, something's coming down the wire.
    Squad Leader: Watcha got?
    Radioman: Looks like there's a big scrape going on a couple clicks west of here, some town called Voroschi. Some guys called the... Potato Liberation Fighters or something are calling for backup.
    Squad Leader: Podokovsky? As much as I'd love to just let those vort huggers get their shit pushed in, I sure as hell don't wanna miss out on a chance to bloody Overwatch's nose.

The few squads of Woodsmen nearest to the fight move out toward the direction of Voroschi. A general order was sent out to other Woodsmen units in White Forest to converge on the town as soon as possible. It should take the better part of the day for the entirety of the Woodsmen to arrive at Voroschi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #231
    October 2015
    38 Posts
    Faction Name: Vice Brigade

Faction Alignment: Conscript (Combine)

Area Of Operation: Eastern Europe

History:
    Vice Brigade is a conscript brigade of minimally trained but well equip soldiers operating in East Europe. They are designated to combat operations as a general purpose fighting force against rebel and resistance groups, on both offensive and defensive fronts.

Wiki Page Up Soon

Immediately after finishing basic training, soldiers from 4th Battalion are armed and sent to the town of Vorsochi to be the bulk of the defensive force against the attacking rebel factions. Rebel forces managed to shoot down some of the aircraft near the town however most landed safely

Units have set up COP's and other defensive positions around the town and patrol teams are sent out daily to target specific objectives, often resulting in engagement with the enemy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,440 Posts
    Looks good although how did they set up a defense line around the city when we're already inside it? The perimeter has already been breached.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #233
    October 2015
    38 Posts
    ill change it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    January 2016
    35 Posts

Somewhere in the sub-sector neighbouring Voroschi lies a former military installation that is currently used by the Combine as one of AF7's main bases in Sector 17.

Deep within its depot, a command point receives the distress signal sent by Overwatch forces in the city. Its commander learns of the attack and prepares a response.

SWIFT-6: Leader 14, Overwatch reports a malignant outbreak in Urban Location 724.
    LEADER-14: Elaborate on report.

SWIFT-6: Multiple hostile guerrillas are currently engaging garrisoned forces; they are supported by machinery and exogens.
    LEADER-14: They won't engage for long, Swift 6. Dispatch an aerial strike team to provide support for our allies down there.
    SWIFT-6: Affirmative.

LEADER-14: Tracker 8, establish communications with ground unit leaders on site as soon as possible.
    TRACKER-8: Acknowledged.

SWIFT-6: Overwatch, activate Strike Team Apex and deploy to outbreak location.

For the task, old fighter-bombers enhanced with Combine technology are used by the air support team.

SAVAGE-9: All set, Command Point. Storm 3 is ready for takeoff.
    SWIFT-6: Storm 3, you are cleared for takeoff.

Strike Team Apex is currently on its way to Voroschi and is expected to arrive soon.

Finally got to make something related to Voroschi. I'll continue my team's whereabouts in a future post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

35. Post #235
    July 2016
    275 Posts
    Sorry i didn't post tonight, lots of homework and didn't feel like doing it. Hopefully a post tomorrow!

36. Post #236
    February 2016
    126 Posts
    Been slacking recently, will have content up soon. The Voroschi situation is awesome I must say

37. Post #237
    November 2014
    697 Posts

The railroad forces reaching the town, ready to aid those in need of help.

Using a shotgun up close can devastate most combine in a single hit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #238
    April 2015
    926 Posts

The first Woodsmen squads arrive in Voroschi, taking the back ways in to avoid detection.

Rather than directly engaging Overwatch in combat, Woodsmen teams covertly eliminate Civil Protection patrols and relieve them of their frequency codebooks. With these, the Woodsmen intend to listen in on Overwatch radio chatter and wait for targets of opportunity to reveal themselves.

Sentries are set up in high places to keep an eye out for nosy Overwatch teams. The Woodsmen intend to lay low until the rest of their outfit arrives, then get to work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

39. Post #239
    February 2015
    366 Posts
    Using a shotgun up close can devastate most combine in a single hit.
    I love that creepy calm smug look on that rebels face as he blasts CP away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #240
    October 2015
    38 Posts
    Vice Brigade forces have set up a fencing around the outskirts of the city, the other sides of these fences are bombarded heavily with headcrab canisters creating a massive zombie population around the other residential area. Although the fence is easily penetrable, the zombies are hoped to stop enemy infantry from advancing in through to the middle of the city.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)