1. Post #161
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    As I said some pages ago, the thread's content isn't strictly enforced and the thread is supposed to be casual, AKA it's here for fun.

Believe me, I don't find the town's purpose to be in line with my perspective on the Half-Life universe, but at least he bothered in exiting the comfort zone of the games and created something that nobody explained or showed in them; on top of that, this thread isn't mine to enforce my vision on the universe, neither it is yours.

If you want a more strict thread (which isn't a bad thing in my book, it's just for a different crowd) you could create your own thread with your own rules instead of disrupting this thread and its rules.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    January 2012
    1,009 Posts
    Dune, I know you are a long timer, but I am tired of your harrasment to the new players. The next post from you better be to rp and not to harras someone. Consider this a warning, After that I'm putting you on probation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    July 2016
    294 Posts

An Inspector is gunned down in the Sewers.
    Quickly, the teams realize an attack is occurring and the regroup order is given.

The explosives are used quickly to block main tunnels but they dont have enough to blow up all the tunnels that allow access. The teams place their C4 and run.

After encountering many traps, along with small homes, the Teams are experienced with creating small explosive traps
    Whilst some of the Inspectors run for the surface after blowing tunnels and rigging traps, the rest stay behind to give their life in defence.

They know they wont last the following battle but they hope their actions will keep the Rebels back for at least a few minutes.

Upon reaching the surface, convincing their above ground comrades that an attack was underway was done simply.
    After calling for Inspection combat units, the authorities call the AF7 for any air support they can give.

As the Rebels get ever closer, the Teams move into buildings to prepare for Urban conflict.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #164

August 2016
    92 Posts
    The Inspectors doing cool stuff.
    Cool stuff Piggo!

Funny, I was hoping that your faction would join the defense of the city, I'll try to get some pre-battle stuff done tonight, this week will be interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    July 2016
    294 Posts
    Agreed, once the combat units arrive this will be really good"

6. Post #166
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    I'll get to making some content tomorrow once I'm free. Probably will be up by afternoon or evening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Venezuela Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #167
    July 2016
    294 Posts
    The seemingly sudden attack on the mining city would, in most cases, be a squabble between Metrocops, Soldiers and Rebels. Your average day. That is however, until you bring in the Factions involved.
    The Inspection Team Combat Unit
    Angry, dangerous and quickwitted demolition, CQC and Urban combat experts led by Elite troops

Zvezda Brigada
    A war scarred, ammunition producing, tough-as-nails fighting force on a mission to liberate Russia

The Podokovsky Liberation Fighters
    Hungry, tired and angry yet strong and courageous, a Resistance movement that will go down in history.

Augmentation Force Seven (AF7)
    Mechanical and biological warfare in the skies is dominated in the East by the AF7, a formidable Airwatch sub-divison.

Edited:

Made this to properly start the battle off, sorry it took so long, ive got only a mouse rn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #168

August 2016
    92 Posts
    Oh WOW piggo they look great! I love mine!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    July 2016
    294 Posts
    Sorry its not as HQ as the others, dealing with low res pics

10. Post #170

August 2016
    92 Posts
    Sorry its not as HQ as the others, dealing with low res pics
    Yeah, I recently discovered the console command to make screenshots look way more better, it still looks amazing in my humble opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    November 2014
    702 Posts
    Those look really good! You made them look cool and convey what the faction is about. Awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    July 2016
    294 Posts
    Thanks a lot! i love PS and Gmod so its great to be praised for creating stuff for the RP.

Any of you, feel free to PM for PS and Poster requests, i need practice!

13. Post #173
    November 2014
    148 Posts
    1. 12th Armored Regiment

2. Combine/Civil Protection

3. Civil Protection portion of the Armored Regiment on patrol in C17.

4. A cross unit between Combine and Civil Protection, the 12th Armored Regiment is a sub-division that focuses on armored combat and patrols, often being deployed to areas that require heavy support and/or attack power.

5. (Optional) Varies.

6. (WIP)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #174

August 2016
    92 Posts
    Oh wow, looks good so far! Welcome Chosen_Undead!

15. Post #175
    January 2012
    1,009 Posts
    Very nice, Welcome to the Thread!

16. Post #176
    November 2014
    148 Posts
    Thank you! I'll work on the wiki page when I can!

17. Post #177

May 2016
    32 Posts
    Whats the map you guys are using for the town assault?

18. Post #178
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    I recognized Terminal 6 V2 in one of EdwardDewey89's pictures about Voroschi. I imagine it's either gonna be just that map by itself or a mix between it and some other map I don't know about.

Looking at their battle plans they do need to have some sort of camp outside the city, so it's more likely that it'll be a mix. For whatever has to do with the city itself though, you can use Terminal 6 V2.

19. Post #179

May 2016
    32 Posts
    I recognized Terminal 6 V2 in one of EdwardDewey89's pictures about Voroschi. I imagine it's either gonna be just that map by itself or a mix between it and some other map I don't know about.

Looking at their battle plans they do need to have some sort of camp outside the city, so it's more likely that it'll be a mix. For whatever has to do with the city itself though, you can use Terminal 6 V2.
    Thank you

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,455 Posts
    Well, for starters the assualt hasn't even begun yet. Secondly, Edward and I agreed on RP Terminal 6, City 8 Canals and Juddeca(?).

I was actually just going to scenebuild the camp from scratch since the main action will inside the city and not in/around the field HQ.
    (It's not wise to just ignore a large enemy force and let them wreak havoc while you engage a much smaller force on the side.)

21. Post #181

August 2016
    92 Posts
    and honestly, while the camp is in the open it would be kind of metagaming attack it, unless AF7 scouts THE WHOLE FOREST around Voroschi, it would be kind of impossible for the combine to find its location.

So far the only ones inside the city are my guys, and they are holding up until they get the order from the Brigadiers.

22. Post #182
    November 2014
    702 Posts

I downloaded that map and tried to use it, but it gave me a error about too many decals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #183

August 2016
    92 Posts
    I downloaded that map and tried to use it, but it gave me a error about too many decals.
    Oh! well you've downloaded the content pack it requires, right? if not, there is your answer.

However, if you did -- make sure you have your valve games mounted and ready to go -- if you don't own any of them you can use Juddeca and City 8 canals, srp_darkdolina is a nice choice too.

24. Post #184
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    I can't see what bases you two's idea that we would even attack your HQ during the battle, at least while you got guys in the city.

On the matter of metagaming though: isn't it a little weird to assume that your large mobilizations towards a specific area wouldn't be noticed? I'm not saying it is the case at the moment, but if I wanted it could be unless you can explain how several APCs and a huge scrap tank go by completely undetected.

Dunno what to tell you other than: it requires an extra content addon and it requires CSS+EP1/2.

Other than that it may be an issue with your PC or your hardware isn't good enough, because it runs fine on mine (and it's an i5 3.30GHz with 8GB RAM and an Intel card, which I guess is probably average). Might be a worthless suggestion, but see if validating game cache fixes it.

25. Post #185

August 2016
    92 Posts
    I can't see what bases you two's idea that we would even attack your HQ during the battle, at least while you got guys in the city.

On the matter of metagaming though: isn't it a little weird to assume that your large mobilizations towards a specific area wouldn't be noticed? I'm not saying it is the case at the moment, but if I wanted it could be unless you can explain how several APCs and a huge scrap tank go by completely undetected.
    The big idea is that all combine forces should defend the city. Should the rebel side win, they should try to recapture it or tear it apart like c17 in EP1 -- or just give up, but I doubt that "our benefactors" would be happy with earths transhuman armies.

and about the mobilizing units, it should be noted that the camp is far from Voroschi and thus the main combine forces in the town wouldn't have noticed them, remember, these are the wild woods, like in the coast the combine have less power in these areas and bigger attacks are more likely to happen.

Also there is a slightly big difference between a bunch of men, women and aliens running through the woods and strong, hardy soldiers with a tractor tank. It's should be a bit easier for my people to sneak into Voroschi undetected -- but the brigadiers? they are going balls to the wall, those hardy mofos aren't sneaking around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    The big idea is that all combine forces should defend the city. Should the rebel side win, they should try to recapture it or tear it apart like c17 in EP1 -- or just give up, but I doubt that "our benefactors" would be happy with earths transhuman armies.
    Agreed, though if I were you I wouldn't get comfortable expecting stuff to go as you've planned, especially since anybody can do some crazy unpredictable stuff; that doesn't have to be a bad thing, otherwise the thread is just boring and scripted.

and about the mobilizing units, it should be noted that the camp is far from Voroschi and thus the main combine forces in the town wouldn't have noticed them, remember, these are the wild woods, like in the coast the combine have less power in these areas and bigger attacks are more likely to happen.

Also there is a slightly big difference between a bunch of men, women and aliens running through the woods and strong, hardy soldiers with a tractor tank. It's should be a bit easier for my people to sneak into Voroschi undetected -- but the brigadiers? they are going balls to the wall, those hardy mofos aren't sneaking around.
    I wasn't talking about the camp's location itself, I was talking about the fact all these people are moving up from their territory and perhaps they'd be fairly noticeable to a patrolling force enough to say "yo man they're up in this area" instead of being completely oblivious that they even moved their large assets around.

As for your people, you'll see that I didn't mention them, so there's that.

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,455 Posts
    The only brigadiers who are using stealth right now are the advance scouts. The other main forces which consist of mechanized and armored groups are kicking up dust, creating a whole lot radio chatter and noise overall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Safari Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    January 2012
    1,009 Posts
    In that case a passing 405th Mi-24 might be a bit curious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #189
    November 2014
    148 Posts

The 25th Company, 'The Outcasts' of the 12th Armored Regiment make their advance to Voroschi due to reports of clashes between AF7 and various unknown dissidents.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

30. Post #190
    April 2015
    928 Posts
    After following the new thread for a while I've been giving some serious consideration to joining up again.
    Before I do anything I want to get one thing straight though.
    I want to know if since this is a new thread if any of the elements of the previous thread are still around, like City 24 (the loyalist utopia in former-Detroit), City 15 (the hellhole in a constant state of warfare that was once Pittsburgh), the various NPC groups like the Continental Army in America, the Blackout unit in City 17, etc.
    Also if any of the events of the previous thread are being considered canon here, like the dark matter bomb that leveled part of City 24, the Battle of White Forest, Cpl Shephard wandering around Sector 17, all that.
    I'd still join either way but it'd kind of be a shame to see all that lore I worked so hard to come up with chucked out the window.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #191
    July 2016
    294 Posts
    I'd presume its a total restart, but it would be great to have you join in again, your work on the first thread was excellent.

Sorry for messaging you without checking the end of the last thread btw.

32. Post #192

May 2016
    32 Posts

The british general who leads the minutemen, decided it is time to go on the
    offensive and personally tell PLF leader Sergey that minutemen will join in the assault.

The order was given for Convoy of soldiers who will reinforce the PLF and Zvezda Brigada.
    (Don't mind the lamp that is about to fall in the first picture.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Brunei Darussalam Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #193
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    Not that it'd be a fundamentally wrong idea to implement the previous thread's stuff here, but I imagine putting everything is going to be a mess since it's quite a lot and most of the previous factions aren't active anymore.

I think it'd be a good idea to reintroduce concepts properly instead of assuming everything from the previous thread persists here.

Edited:
    Reason I say this is because catching up to everything might be a huge pain in the ass for newer players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #194

May 2016
    32 Posts
    Sounds cool to implement stuff from the last thread.

35. Post #195
    October 2010
    319 Posts
    I've been on the fence on bringing back Lost Haven's Coast Guard for quite awhile, but I'm not sure I'll get a lot of action since I stationed them far away from everyone else. And work of course. Work is a real time killer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,455 Posts
    Fresh start/reintroduction of previous factions, ideas, etc. sound better to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Steam Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #197
    July 2016
    294 Posts
    Yeah, i say we re-introduce everything too.

38. Post #198
    January 2012
    1,009 Posts
    After following the new thread for a while I've been giving some serious consideration to joining up again.
    Before I do anything I want to get one thing straight though.
    I want to know if since this is a new thread if any of the elements of the previous thread are still around, like City 24 (the loyalist utopia in former-Detroit), City 15 (the hellhole in a constant state of warfare that was once Pittsburgh), the various NPC groups like the Continental Army in America, the Blackout unit in City 17, etc.
    Also if any of the events of the previous thread are being considered canon here, like the dark matter bomb that leveled part of City 24, the Battle of White Forest, Cpl Shephard wandering around Sector 17, all that.
    I'd still join either way but it'd kind of be a shame to see all that lore I worked so hard to come up with chucked out the window.
    Actually all the Cities are still there, the US in this thread has been pretty silent as most of the action for now is in sector 17. Most of the npc groups are gone, they were yours, but you can retake conrol of them as regular factions. I have this rule that people from the previous thread can rejoin with little to no consequences. Also I know I forgot to post the random event yesterday, but the random event is a category 5 Portal Storm I'll have it last till Monday so that means air travel and road travel is extremely dangerous due to rocks/plasma flying around. It is right over sector 17 and most of the ukrainian area.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

39. Post #199

August 2016
    92 Posts
    No offence boss, but a picture would be appreciated. :P

40. Post #200
    January 2012
    1,009 Posts
    I'm at work at the moment, i'll post the carnage when I get back