1. Post #81
    January 2012
    587 Posts
    This rule applies to the resistance factions. Combine don't have settlements, they have Forward operating bases. I'll update the OP

2. Post #82

August 2016
    97 Posts
    Is that wasteland factions or all factions?
    I hope not, I already wrote down several times that Podokovsky is overpopulated -- while not everyone in my village are rebel sympathizers, most are.

Edited:

This rule applies to the resistance factions. Combine don't have settlements, they have Forward operating bases. I'll update the OP
    well, darn.

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,366 Posts
    12 is practically nothing though. Minimum should be at least fifty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    January 2012
    587 Posts
    For now I'll let things slide. Podikovsky can stay over populated and Viper is right 50 will be the starting number.

Edited:

just added the new rule and the factions. I also was very liberal with the population, so I set it to 100
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    just added the new rule and the factions.
    You missed mine.

6. Post #86
    January 2012
    587 Posts
    just updated it.

CONTENT

405th Basic training starts with lining each new recruits outside for 6 hours in the freezing cold, anyone who survives the initiation is trained.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    May 2016
    45 Posts
    1. Faction Name Eastern minutemen

2. Faction Alignment Independent

3. Some images of your faction members doing stuff.

4. History of your faction.
    The eastern minutemen is a group of soldiers coming mostly from stranded NATO units and led by an british commanding officer, who claims since his the highest ranking officer in NATO, currently he takes charge of the entire unit they all began operations in a Village of 22 civilians and promise to protect and trained the villagers, if they house them for theirs operations and since now they have growing number of people joining in.

5. (Optional) Area of operation. Eastern Europe

6. Link to your faction wiki page. http://rebels-vs-combine.wikia.com/w...notify=created

(Sorry if i picked a very unoriginal name,I had trouble brainstorming names until I rememberd the minutemen also if my grammer or gmod posing is bad I felt sleepy and its 4AM here)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Brunei Darussalam Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

8. Post #88

August 2016
    97 Posts
    Today...

Sergey: We are back at Podokovsky, I left just for a day yet I was already missing the sight of the overcrowded market as shop keepers scream that their bargains are better than their rival...
    A day ago...
    Sergey: Me and Joaquin left the HQ in the morning along with one of our oldest Houndeyes, I call him Wilbur. We often leave for a day to explore new areas, a decade has passed ever since we made that old radio station our base yet we were not able to explore carefully it's surroundings, we were heading north this time, less sights of alien wildlife there. However, a few hours into our trip and we already encountered people, humans.

Sergey: Three of them, two males and a female, the men were wearing camo clothing while the woman was wearing an old gas mask, they were cautious, aiming their guns at us, it took them some time to realize we were not hostile as I approached them with a wide smile and told them my name, they told me theirs, I shake hands with their leader, they were a scout party for a group of fighters called The Eastern Minutemen, they don't seem to fight against us, but they don't seem to share our same objectives.

Sergey: Joaquin commented on the dead combine soldiers and their wrecked elite synth behind them, calling it a "beautiful work of art" however, the minuteman quickly told us that they didn't kill any of them, they just found them like that -- I realized at that point that we were close to the territory of the Zvezda Brigada, I told the strangers about them and they looked puzzled but we all agreed in leaving before they came back, we part ways wishing good luck to one another, hopefully the Minutemen will help us in the future.

Sergey: It was getting late, we were heading back to base through a different path to cover more ground, we also had to be careful distant gunships were heard on the distance -- as we marched through the woods, the distinctive sound of an angry hunter made us take cover, soon after we heard the voices of overwatch soldiers, it was a scout party, one was armed with an AR2 and the other with a shotgun, we were pinned down -- Joaquin armed himself with valor, he saw a chance to fire back and he took it.

Bloody beautiful!
    Sergey: I said out loud as the combine soldier fell dead on the ground, the shotgunner and his synth beast remained. Hunters are though enemies, hard to kill... but no enemy is strong enough against a Houndeye blast. While Joaquin was shooting at the the soldier, little ol' Wilbur sneaked down a fallen tree and got behind both the hunter and the shotgunner, he made a loud sound wave blast that left us deaf for a few moments, when we looked at him we saw the shotgunner dead on the ground, blood pouring down the holes of his mask, the hunter was still alive, just stunned, I killed it with a few shots and then looked at our little hero.

Sergey: I don't know how we survived that encounter, perhaps we are so used to this kind of surprise flanking tactics of the combine or perhaps we are just lucky and God was on our side. We picked their weapons and ammo and left, AR2's are rare to find, this is a valuable weapon these days!

Sergey: It was late, we unpacked our thing and got ready to spend the night in the woods... out of all the people in the HQ I always travel with Joaquin because he is quiet, he never talks about anything, but that night it was different...

Joaquin: I miss home... I miss my family... I want to go home...

He said with sorrow as he watched the embers float in the air.

Joaquin: Caracas was such of beautiful city... I loved walking down the plaza with my kids, knowing that they... they...

I told him that there is no need to delve in the past any further, we all have to move forward and hope for the best for mankind... some people place their trust in some mythical figure or put their hope on the scientist that made this mess in the first place, others put their trust in weapons and power... I don't know which is the correct answer, all I want to do is help everyone, but it's getting harder everyday... I wonder, will the resistance ever win this war?
    Phew... that was long, here is a bit of history about Sergey, had a lot of fun taking the pictures, specially the ones with combat on them (I hate hunter ragdolls).
    (As always, sorry for my POTATO English )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,366 Posts
    Nice content Edward, I need to get off my lazy ass and make some more pics too.

10. Post #90
    February 2016
    244 Posts

Using the recovered SO25 gas, The Disruptors have managed to manufacture a dozen or so prototype gas grenades. They work similar to a normal hand grenade, you pull the pin and have about 5 seconds until the deadly gas is released into the surrounding area. They are estimated to be lethal in a tight space, but in the open have an estimated kill radius of only about 20-30 meters.
    I used the colour tool to make them different to the standard hl2 grenade model, sorry if it is hard to tell but they are meant to be a light yellow colour
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

11. Post #91

August 2016
    97 Posts
    Good job Crooky, more reasons for my faction to not trust yours! :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    February 2016
    244 Posts
    Good job Crooky, more reasons for my faction to not trust yours! :P
    I would say we are more or less on the same side but you never know... :p

13. Post #93
    May 2016
    45 Posts

I used the colour tool to make them different to the standard hl2 grenade model, sorry if it is hard to tell but they are meant to be a light yellow colour
    Is it mustard gas or somthing new

14. Post #94
    February 2016
    244 Posts
    If you go to the old thread there's information about it there. It was used by Dune3z's faction SO25, but dee pixel's faction found where the gas was being stored and basically blew the place to shit, but not all of it was destroyed so some was recovered by The Disruptors. I guess I'll put more info about it in a later post

15. Post #95
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    Nice content Edward, I need to get off my lazy ass and make some more pics too.
    Here's something for you:

A particular gunship had been dispatched to the last known location of a reconnaissance team that had gone into blackout status.

It was not difficult to confirm their presumed death, as apparently the force that took them down did not bother in moving them.

For the task, four smaller units were attached to the gunship in order to facilitate its scan of the area.

The gunship decreased its altitude in order to drop off the other units.

Two rollermines split up after drop and move through both sides off the road, probing any area of interest visually picked up by the three exogenous units.

Two scanners move over the hills, searching areas of interest with more precision and helping guide the rollermines through.

Now that it delivered the units, the gunship rises to perform a high-altitude flight while scanning the area close to Zvezda Brigada, identifying notable structures, vehicles, or large groups for the other four units to inspect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

16. Post #96

August 2016
    97 Posts
    This is getting VERY interesting!

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,366 Posts
    Damn, gotta make some quick content as soon as I'm done with work then (please wait before you kill off half my faction ).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    January 2012
    587 Posts
    just woke up and holy hell, shit is getting hot really fast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    Damn, gotta make some quick content as soon as I'm done with work then (please wait before you kill off half my faction ).
    Gunship is not going to attack unless it's provoked; all of this is just a diagnosis of the threat that eliminated the scout team, basically to measure one of the factions AF7 is up against.

Edited:

Not that your guys would know that but I'm just saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Venezuela Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #100

August 2016
    97 Posts

The forests around city 17 never were safe areas, xenian wildlife has completely taken over, it is a common sight for people to find dead bodies of unlucky travelers. This time a night-shift scouting party of Podokovsky found a pair of dead rebels, headcrabs attached to their heads, they must have starved a long time ago, they suspect this unlucky pair were either sentries of Victory Mine, scouts of Lambda 17-14 or perhaps refugees from The Railroad. The scouts took their equipment and returned in the morning to bury them.
    A lil' picture. don't forget this gang, there are many things in the wilds stalking us! also I updated my wiki page and added "relationships" with all the active factions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

21. Post #101
    October 2016
    30 Posts

The industrial uprising ends in victory for Siren 40.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #102

August 2016
    97 Posts
    The industrial uprising ends in victory for Siren 40.
    Does that mean the rogue Civil Protection officer managed to defeat SO25? is he alive? just asking for curiosity.

23. Post #103
    October 2016
    30 Posts
    Does that mean the rogue Civil Protection officer managed to defeat SO25? is he alive? just asking for curiosity.
    his wherabouts are currently unknown

this wasn't exactly a large victory for s40 as they experienced heavy casualties. moreover, many buildings in this industrial sector have been damaged beyond usability.

24. Post #104
    October 2014
    435 Posts
    The SO25 only lost because of a system malfunction 😉

25. Post #105
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    The SO25 only lost because of a system malfunction 
    You had one job.

By the way, I was wondering if it was fine to interact with more than one faction at a given time.

For instance, while I have Gunship & Co. mess with Zvezda (and wait for Viper's response) I could have other units doing something else with another faction.

26. Post #106

August 2016
    97 Posts
    You had one job.

By the way, I was wondering if it was fine to interact with more than one faction at a given time.

For instance, while I have Gunship & Co. mess with Zvezda (and wait for Viper's response) I could have other units doing something else with another faction.
    You're part of Overwatch, you have almost unlimited resources, of course you can sir! there are small watch posts around Podokovsky which you could attack.

(not saying you should attack me or anything...*WINK WINK* ;3c)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,366 Posts
    (Play at 50% volume.)
    Zvezda Brigada scouts have reported major activity near the supply route which was host to a surprise ambush on a ZB guardpost which left two ZB guerillas wounded. The guardpost was abandoned following the ambush however due to scouts reporting high Combine presence the route has now been marked as a no-go zone for all ZB military forces and supply convoys.

As per ordered by general Kvostov, security has been increased in all outposts at the edge of ZB territory. Mechanized forces supported by light armor and APCs have deployed from Valday to reinforce all outposts in the event of an attack.

With a major supply route having been declared a no-go zone Zvexda Brigada has been searching for alternate routes safe enough for ZB supply convoys transporting raw materials back to Valday. One surveyor group in particular found a road in decent shape which had been blocked during a rockslide.
    This was easily solved by detonating a mix of homemade, TNT and mining explosives to clear the path.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

28. Post #108
    October 2014
    435 Posts
    Where did you get an APC from

29. Post #109
    July 2016
    592 Posts
    Sorry for not posting in ages, schools been hectick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    August 2015
    450 Posts
    -snip-

31. Post #111
    October 2014
    435 Posts
    I mean, where did he "get" an "APC" from

32. Post #112

August 2016
    97 Posts
    I mean, where did he "get" an "APC" from
    The brigaders are ex-military men who took shelter on the forests after the seven hours war, there's also APC's seen on the ruins of City 17, it shouldn't be hard to fix one, specially if you are a military mechanic.

No offence Dune, but you are nitpicking a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #113
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    7,952 Posts
    in all fairness, given how little the rebels had in the hl2 story and with how little they finished episode 2 with, this was the height of their engineering outside of an ICBM to smack a combine portal with

this was one of three running vehicles they had through the entire game, they weren't in any way fully stocked, locked, and loaded

even then, ammo, upkeep, and fuel for it would be difficult to find. for the BTR, that is

34. Post #114

August 2016
    97 Posts
    in all fairness, given how little the rebels had in the hl2 story and with how little they finished episode 2 with, this was the height of their engineering outside of an ICBM to smack a combine portal with

this was one of three running vehicles they had through the entire game, they weren't in any way fully stocked, locked, and loaded

even then, ammo, upkeep, and fuel for it would be difficult to find. for the BTR, that is
    true, but the faction Viper uses are not rebels, they are soldiers. My group are rebels and they have jack-shit, but his faction is justified.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    7,952 Posts
    even then, there's only a finite amount of resources since nothing is in mass production anymore. fuel and ammo being the biggest of these factors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,366 Posts
    Stop with the unneccessary nitpicking. Playing this while staying hardcore-true to the games would be incredibly boring and one-sided.
    Zvezda Brigada has some APCs and civilian vehicles with homemade armor which I don't think is an issue, it's not like they have tanks or attack helicopters etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #117

August 2016
    97 Posts
    even then, there's only a finite amount of resources since nothing is in mass production anymore. fuel and ammo being the biggest of these factors
    that's very true, but there are things we don't know about HL2 world -- there must be a weapons factory somewhere to create the large amount of SMGs and shotguns the combine foot soldiers use, in the game you see (albeit destroyed) an APC, you can take parts of it I guess!

Rebels are not as weak as most people think, we are limited to the game giving us info about the resistance, there are no books or stuff that can help us make much better rebel factions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    13,366 Posts
    Not to mention we only got to see a portion of one resistance (the Lambda movement). I doubt they're the only ones who would pick up arms against the Combine and again, playing this ultra-realistically would mean that Combine players would just plow through all the rebel factions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

39. Post #119
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    Ambiguous canon details like those above will never be explained until a future installment bothers to do so, kinda like how in HL1 Eli Vance was a random scientist yet he's a main character in HL2; since there are no games to explain those details thus far, we have to fill the gaps on our own.

IMO, anything can be canon as long as it doesn't contradict the games nor the pretty clear guesses we can make about the world. For example it's really unlikely that the Combine, who use terror as pretty much their only system of governance, would allow civilians to own vehicles (aka dangerous heavy machinery likely to be weaponized). On the other hand, old APCs being rehabilitated by rebel factions is far from impossible, it'd just be really difficult and time-consuming per vehicle if we consider both fuel and maintenance.

At any rate this is a casual roleplay thread with a Half-Life logo slapped onto it so it's not really that big of a deal. I guess a different thread could be made with a more strict enforcement on the game world's circumstances and less ambiguous lore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #120
    July 2016
    592 Posts

Inspectors storm a factory from the roof after throwing a incendiary. Fire based weapons work well in these old industrial sectors as the brick dust in the air heats up to form a horrible coughing smog. The gas masks of the Inspectors stop such an annoyance.
    Upon the deliverance of information that revealed Siren 40 had achieved victory in one of the Industrial zones, it was decided that the Inspection Teams would be sent in to deal with the battle tired buildings and any rebels they could find.

Due to the recent Siren victory, Inspectors were supplied with low numbers of reinforcements during the demolitions. While this had the side effect of un-prepared Metro Cops being in close proximty to dangerous explosives, many Cops have now returned telling true or horribly over blown stories about the inspectors to co-workers. Morale was given a boost after the recent desctruction, a much needed boost in fact.

As the buildings slowly tumble down one by one as they work their way slowly into the sector, sledgehammers are used heavily. They are very effective at setting off chain reactions of demolition as ageing bombed buildings collapse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)