1. Post #41

August 2016
    91 Posts
    Podokovsky Liberation Fighters.

Alignment: Resistance.

Area of operation: Eastern Europe.

Deep inside the woodlands around City 17, on the overpopulated village of Podokovsky, life seems miserable, with its villagers struggling to survive everyday -- but there's something the people of Podokovsky hide, a secret network of Lambda rebels works day and night to help the Resistance.

While they stay in contact and work with White Forest and it's science team, this group of freedom fighters has been called the Podokovsky Liberation Fighters by the local villagers.

Their current headquarters are located in a radio station, located near one of the main Highways of City 17, where they store most of their valuable resources, such as stolen crates of AR2s or combine mines.

While the group has no leader and follow the orders of White Forests, there is a group of veterans that take the most important choices of the group. the nearest "leader" they have is the "local legend" Kolosov Sergey Tikhonovich (also known as Seryozha), a Russian ex-police officer, other members include the young Russian Lomovtseva Elisaveta Olegovna (also known as Lisa or "The Hound Master" by some) known for her Houndeye taming skills, Quintana Wilkins, a young African American and currently the only members with an actual medicine title, she is also Seryozhas wife, the Vortigaunt Jeremiah is also a known legend among the rebels of the region for saving Seryozha from a Bullsquid attack and last but not least is Domovoi, one the few Alien grunts that survived the portal storm and the seven hours war, free from any ties with the Nihilanth or the Combine, this alien behemoth serves the rebels as a scare tactic against conscripts or metrocops who venture too far into the woodlands.

(Jesus that was long, sorry if there is any grammar mistakes or such, I also hope there is no problem that I have a lot of cool aliens! if there's anything I should change, please tell me.)

Edited:

(Hope nobody minds if I post something right after my introduction to the thread :V)

Several rumors start to spread on the village of Podokovsky about a plane sitting in a hangar near the Crimea region, a group of nine Liberation Fighters and 2 Houndeyes head there to investigate.

(PD: I love loot.)

(UPDATE! Wiki page : http://rebels-vs-combine.wikia.com/w...ation_Fighters)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,449 Posts
    Zvezda Brigada forces guarding a key transport route were quick to man defensive positions after a small reconnaissance unit from the Combine Overwatch stumbled into the guardpost. The small unit had detected tiremarks from ZB cargo trucks carrying munitions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #43
    January 2012
    999 Posts
    Alright, updated the OP.

Added 3 new factions. Welcome!

ALIT (Inspectors)/Combine- Autismopiggo

Zvezda Brigada/independent- Viper123_SWE

Podokosky Liberation Fighters/Resistance- EdwardDewey89
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    July 2016
    279 Posts
    I'll make my faction page when i get back!

5. Post #45

August 2016
    91 Posts
    I've a few questions, since I'm currently the only one heading to Crimea, what's going to happen with the event? also, may I ask which other factions work around the Eastern European woodlands?

6. Post #46
    January 2012
    999 Posts
    First come first serve. You basically get the jet as it dosent seem the others want it.

7. Post #47
    October 2014
    608 Posts
    Where do these rebel groups get their cars and domesticated hound eyes from

8. Post #48
    August 2016
    25 Posts
    and where do they get these anime hair styles?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Ireland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

9. Post #49

August 2016
    91 Posts
    It's pretty much hinted in HL2 that citizens are allowed to have vehicles in City 17, as you can hear distant vehicles while exploring the city at the start of the game, not just APC's.

as for the houndeyes, beta content is allowed, remember? there are also ichthyosaur in HL2 yet you never fight them at all, why not other xenian species?

and where do they get these anime hair styles?
    Uh... it's just an asymmetric hair cut? not really something out of the world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    October 2014
    608 Posts
    But you don't see domesticated houndeyes or independent rebel groups, if they even exist at all, with an arsenal like that.

11. Post #51

August 2016
    91 Posts
    But you don't see domesticated houndeyes
    but you do see domesticated headcrabs, it seems very possible that humans -- or vortigaunts -- know a way to domesticate them.

In any case, in the previous thread there were factions with domesticated houndeyes, I don't see why I can't have these.

(Besides they are so cute! :D)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #52

May 2016
    31 Posts
    Are people commonly operating in eastern europe or in USA?.

13. Post #53
    October 2014
    608 Posts
    Whatever 🅱
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

14. Post #54

August 2016
    91 Posts
    Whatever 🅱
    No need to be so rude friend, I'm sure you'll learn to love these cute big eyed dog aliens too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    October 2014
    608 Posts
    I don't care about the animals I was more concerned with the cars to be honest
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    January 2012
    999 Posts
    I let his faction slide because Houndeyes would be possible to domesticate. That said, I'm going to put a hard cap of 20 houndeyes (for now) just so that other factions have a fighting chance.

As for vehicles. your fine, you don't have anything rule breaking.

Are people commonly operating in eastern europe or in USA?.

Currently its Eastern Europe. I think there is one faction in the US.

Edit

That said, I Really do not want to see rebel groups start off with 10 cars right off the bat. When you guys start, you have to steal or salvage your gear. Unless you're combine, then you make it.

Like I said, the best time to grab more gear is when I have Random Loot Drops. I usually drop most of the time weapons or a car.

17. Post #57

August 2016
    91 Posts
    I don't care about the animals I was more concerned with the cars to be honest
    Well, they are not really tanks or military machines now are they? In my case at least, they are just fixed civilian vehicles.

There are mechanics in HL2 and you can even see one working in episode 2, there are also working cars that Gordon uses and they are all made by the rebels, the mudskipper, the buggy and the yellow car? these are all rebel made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,449 Posts
    Calm down about the vehicles, if this thread was forced to enforce every little detail based on assumptions from the games it wouldn't be that much fun, would it?
    Civilian vehicles and domesticated houndeyes (read: not antlions) aren't that crazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #59
    July 2016
    279 Posts
    "i didn't see them so they don't exist"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #60

August 2016
    91 Posts
    It's okay piggo, no need to bring the topic back -- lets get back into the game :D

21. Post #61
    July 2016
    279 Posts
    Agreed

22. Post #62
    October 2014
    608 Posts
    I never said they don't exist I said it's stupid to have domesticated ones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #63

August 2016
    91 Posts
    I never said they don't exist I said it's stupid to have domesticated ones
    There's is no need to continue the issue any further and there's also no need to insult others idea, friend.

Edit:

Hey Justin, gotta ask... where is the jet model from? I want to do a few things with it yet I can't find it anywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #64

May 2016
    31 Posts
    There's is no need to continue the issue any further and there's also no need to insult others idea, friend.

Edit:

Hey Justin, gotta ask... where is the jet model from? I want to do a few things with it yet I can't find it anywhere.
    Its from kail's black ops vehicle pack here is a link https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1338271

25. Post #65
    November 2015
    33 Posts
    Hey, could I have my faction from the last thread re-added? I'm sorry for being out of action for so long, but I'll be able to get something out soon hopefully.

26. Post #66
    January 2012
    999 Posts
    Oh yeah! I remember your faction, I really like your idea. I'll add it to the OP

27. Post #67
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    Alignment: Combine, Overwatch

Name: Augmentation Force Seven (AF7)

Type: Aviation, Airborne

One of AF7's largest bases in the Sector 17 outlands, located somewhere in the mountainous regions. It features a depot, inside of which troops and equipment are stored.

AF7 typically deploys stabilization units directly into battle via dropship, either to support troops already in the field or to assault an enemy position.

When infantry is not appropriate for the task, however, AF7 may make use of exogenous units, hybrid vehicles, or even recycled human vehicles depending on the occasion.

History:
    Augmentation Force 7, abbreviated as AF7, is a large sub-division of Airwatch under the Sector 17 Overwatch. As one of several augmentation forces in the capital sector, it is favored by Overwatch to be deployed across the world. Its ranks sport a colorful mix of transhuman and exogenous units, which are mainly deployed in Eastern Europe as offense or as support for other Overwatch branches in certain operations. However, groups of AF7 units may detach from the main force and be deployed in other sectors, should a particular situation turn dire. AF7's transhuman units are known to utilize all sorts of equipment, from Combine-engineered technology to leftovers from before the Seven Hour War; they are also known for employing irregular tactics if necessary.

Currently, AF7 is performing reconnaissance of Sector 17 after receiving various reports of insurgents in the area from Overwatch.

Area of Operation: Eastern Europe (Mainly)

Wiki Page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Venezuela Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

28. Post #68
    February 2016
    126 Posts
    Internet is back

29. Post #69

August 2016
    91 Posts
    The scavenging group returned back to the base with their hands full of loot, with enough supplies to feed the base for days they decided to share a small part of the findings with the village.

Veteran teaching the young and elderly how to maintain, clean and reload a gun.

The four Ak-47s are currently being used by the best marksmen on the group, new weapons were found, the two M60s were stored away for more dangerous missions.

As for the Mig-17...

It was an ordeal to bring it back to the HQ. with new overwatch forces on the sky, the scavengers had to be careful.

Sergey: I don't think it is going to fit in the garage.

For now, the Mig-17 will remain hidden on the HQ until it can be relocated into a hangar.

(Hope you guys don't mind some light hearted humor from time to time )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

30. Post #70
    February 2015
    367 Posts
    Hope there are still pilots remaining that are able to fly this thing.

31. Post #71

August 2016
    91 Posts
    Hope there are still pilots remaining that are able to fly this thing.
    The little "comic" was going to be a bit longer. Sergey asking if anyone knows how to pilot that thing and everyone in the base looking at each other awkwardly. (even the houndeyes.)

I'm sure someone on the village, white forest or any ally I may get in the future will have a pilot, or so I hope.

32. Post #72
    January 2016
    35 Posts
    The little "comic" was going to be a bit longer. Sergey asking if anyone knows how to pilot that thing and everyone in the base looking at each other awkwardly. (even the houndeyes.)

I'm sure someone on the village, white forest or any ally I may get in the future will have a pilot, or so I hope.
    Good luck getting fuel, too.

Hours after receiving the report of an abandoned aircraft and other supplies, an AF7 stabilization team responds.

After arriving, the dropship unloads its payload without opposition and the team secures the hangar's surroundings.

Since no contacts are encountered, they proceed to search the structure.

SWEEPER-8: "Area secure, no viscon. RANGER-6, on me."
    RANGER-6: "Copy."

The two soldiers move up to the hangar gates.

Upon finding the hangar empty, the team's leader contacts command.

SWEEPER-8: "Overwatch, advise, we have no visual on salvage target."
    OVERWATCH: "Team recall is in effect. Scan of neighboring zones has been mandated."

The dropship departs the runway and heads towards its base of origin.

As a result, gunships are deployed in the vicinity to perform extensive patrols with the convenience of their sensors. Their primary objective is to find tracks of the convoy that had transported the missing equipment and their secondary objective is to locate enemy presences, making them quite noticeable as they pass through the airspace above every faction in the region. No intentional assaults are to be launched by the gunships.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

33. Post #73

August 2016
    91 Posts
    In woodlands around sector 17.

Two bullsquid hunters from Podokovsky see gunships from afar, worried, the two huntsmen leave their hunted game behind and rush back to the village and warn the others. The people of the village are worried that they may get attacked soon, Sergey tries to assure them it won't happen any time soon, or so he hopes.

While he still hopes that AF7 units will eventually leave the woodlands, he decides to warn White Forest, Lambda 17-14 and The Railroad about the gunships and the return of AF7, he also asks if somebody is willing to trade a rocket launcher for a M60 and some basic supplies, just in case a gunship attacks the village, they have to defend it at all costs.

Rumors start to run wild in Podokovsky, the villagers are now blaming the Zvezda Brigada for the sudden reappearance of AF7, they believe that their bold militaristic tactics probably caught the attention of the combine. Sergey and the rebels, however, decide to remain neutral with them.

(this is getting interesting )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Argentina Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

34. Post #74
    February 2016
    126 Posts

The Disruptors begin to expand into the areas outside of City 17, scouting for supplies and vulnerable Combine outposts

With a few intact canisters of the SO25 gas recovered, The Disruptors begin to see if the gas can be compressed into smaller containers for use in handheld devices

35. Post #75
    November 2014
    107 Posts
    I might rejoin the thread as the independent faction. One question is human settlements in wasteland allowed ? like and what is maximum population size ?

36. Post #76
    January 2012
    999 Posts
    Human settlements are allowed, keep the settlement population under 150 people. But if you start, you start with about 12 people automatically

NO PRESTON GARVEYS.

37. Post #77

May 2016
    31 Posts
    Wait there are Population caps for specific factions?.

38. Post #78
    February 2016
    126 Posts
    Wait there are Population caps for specific factions?.
    For factions in the wasteland I think he meant

39. Post #79
    January 2012
    999 Posts
    well, let me think. No, no population cap, but if you do choose to start a settlement, You start at 12 villagers and grow from there

40. Post #80
    February 2016
    126 Posts
    well, let me think. No, no population cap, but if you do choose to start a settlement, You start at 12 villagers and grow from there
    Is that wasteland factions or all factions?