1. Post #2001
    August 2011
    1,495 Posts
    I binge watched Oregairu for the first time in my life last Sunday and it was so good
    Although I liked the first season better than second

2. Post #2002
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    17,731 Posts
    I binge watched Oregairu for the first time in my life last Sunday and it was so good
    Although I liked the first season better than second
    the second season is one of the most frustrating anime for me because it fucks up everything i liked about s1
    and the worst part is it has potential, it keeps almost going good and then going back to badly written angsty melodrama
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2003
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,696 Posts
    not a controversial opinion to be fair
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Puerto Rico Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2004
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,002 Posts
    so how about that new eva then?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #2005
    I CAN LITERALLY NOT STOP SUCKING HORSE DICK
    August 2007
    1,045 Posts
    get me off the wild ride that is Evangelion

6. Post #2006
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,598 Posts
    I still think Unit-03 is the coolest.

7. Post #2007
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,056 Posts
    I still think Unit-03 is the coolest.
    yooooo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #2008
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,033 Posts
    last ep of konosuba was underwhelming but a good cap off to the series. Hopefully there is more., I like how despite not having much actual plot progression, we do learn more about the characters.

normally I think fantasy is ass but I was longing for a fantasy/adventure show where its just random hijinks instead of trying to save the world from (insert fantasy technobabble)
    I really liked how    character's attitudes towards each other show there's a lot more than the viewers of Kazuma knows. Like how Wiz knew the poison slime guy, that same guy knew the woman in the mixed bath scene, implying she was a demon king general too.   

Also, firepunch is hilarious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

9. Post #2009
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,703 Posts
    Fire Punch is absolutely amazing. Modern art, I swear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #2010
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    6,988 Posts
    Due to some weird stroke of insanity, Malaysia is going to have a screening of the third part of Kizumonogatari.

Kinda wondering if I should watch it becasue some scenes could be cut but I have free tickets.

11. Post #2011
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    8,459 Posts

Why do anime girls like yoshi so much?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #2012
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    12,851 Posts
    tounge
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #2013
    MechaFag
    December 2006
    675 Posts
    oh ye got this a couple days ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

14. Post #2014
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,167 Posts
    absolute madman

15. Post #2015
    Yosh! best Mario Kart racer so makes sense.

16. Post #2016
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,712 Posts
    now get a big zam model kit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 New Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2017
    Gold Member

August 2011
    3,909 Posts
    The last youjo senki.

I realise they're fighting a large war and are in the 20's or something, and they're using magic, but I think the mechanized units shown were a bit too advanced.

Also, they're a bad choice when there are mages in your world that can take out bunkers with their rifles.

Otherwise, good episode but no surprises.

18. Post #2018
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    20,270 Posts
    The last youjo senki.

I realise they're fighting a large war and are in the 20's or something, and they're using magic, but I think the mechanized units shown were a bit too advanced.

Also, they're a bad choice when there are mages in your world that can take out bunkers with their rifles.

Otherwise, good episode but no surprises.
    A number of their tech is more advanced than they'd have at the time in our world. They're about 15 years ahead of where they should be for some technology. Although from my understanding of it the Empire also developed extremely quickly so as to be a capable fighting force.

19. Post #2019
    August 2011
    1,495 Posts
    the second season is one of the most frustrating anime for me because it fucks up everything i liked about s1
    and the worst part is it has potential, it keeps almost going good and then going back to badly written angsty melodrama
    I guess we're like Hayama because    we don't want things to change   

20. Post #2020
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    17,731 Posts
    I guess we're like Hayama because    we don't want things to change   
    oh no, i'm fine with change, as long as the change isn't from "decent fun" to "terrible and annoying"

21. Post #2021
    Gold Member

August 2011
    3,909 Posts
    A number of their tech is more advanced than they'd have at the time in our world. They're about 15 years ahead of where they should be for some technology. Although from my understanding of it the Empire also developed extremely quickly so as to be a capable fighting force.
    I thought they were in the 20's, because alt world is different.

I don't mind the mashup of older and newer warfare, I just thought tanks would be really easy targets to all the mages, and a lot more expensive than simple artillery.

Unless the tanks also involved mages. But I think that'd be a waste of mages, since they'd be better in the air.

Planes have an altitude advantage over mages, artillery is way at the back and aren't a huge effort to make. Tanks just don't seem to have a niche in a war with mages.

(It's fun to overthink)

22. Post #2022
    June 2015
    1,550 Posts
    to clear up any confusion about the time in which youjo senki takes place

23. Post #2023
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,890 Posts
    it's an isekai
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #2024
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,032 Posts
    I feel like the Youjo Senki anime actually makes the Mages seems way more powerful than their novel counterpart to be honest, and they also changed a lot of details in the anime which makes things way more heroic and exaggerated. But I can see that's because they don't really have time for all the backstory and conversations for an anime, and it still turns out to be fine anyway.

Also the technology in Youjo Senki is in a really weird places where they have WW2-period weapons but are still stuck with WW1~early WW2 tactics and strategies for some reason. It is never really explained in the story so it's all just what the author says.

However, I can see why tanks are still being used because mages are really limited in numbers and they are a specialized unit rather than being a main combat force, so tanks can still be an effective front-line group unit in most situation. I can also recall reading some author notes for the web novel explaining mages vs tanks are actually a 50/50 fight but I can't remember the details, and I am not sure how settings from the WN may translate to the LN.

25. Post #2025
    MechaFag
    December 2006
    675 Posts
    it is done

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #2026
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,712 Posts
    it is done

its not done until you get a big zam and pose them fighting eachother
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 New Opera United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #2027
    September 2013
    295 Posts
    https://i.4cdn.org/gif/1489688185355.webm

Can anyone tell me source to this? (caution headphone users, its just girls dancing to Skrillex)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #2028
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    24,047 Posts
    https://i.4cdn.org/gif/1489688185355.webm

Can anyone tell me source to this? (caution headphone users, its just girls dancing to Skrillex)
    Gochiusa
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #2029
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    6,988 Posts
    discord is kill so we have moved to the FA Steam Chat until it comes back on to soothe our lonely souls

30. Post #2030
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,703 Posts
    i'll keep hitting this retry button until discord is fixed so when it eventually gets back up it'll have a thousand copies of itself

31. Post #2031
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    13,624 Posts
    Discord is not kill for me and many others, I dunno what your issue is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #2032
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    20,270 Posts
    I thought they were in the 20's, because alt world is different.

I don't mind the mashup of older and newer warfare, I just thought tanks would be really easy targets to all the mages, and a lot more expensive than simple artillery.

Unless the tanks also involved mages. But I think that'd be a waste of mages, since they'd be better in the air.

Planes have an altitude advantage over mages, artillery is way at the back and aren't a huge effort to make. Tanks just don't seem to have a niche in a war with mages.

(It's fun to overthink)
    It is the 1920s. But the tanks the Empire is using look to be Panzer IIIs, which shouldn't exist until the mid 1930s.
    Also, I think part of it is that there aren't enough capable mages to make tanks futile. So when mages aren't around to provide fire support, its just the typical warfare we'd expect, where a tank fits on the battlefield.

33. Post #2033
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    13,624 Posts
    And so the floodgates are truly opening for isekai LN adaptations with ridiculously specific premises. Behold, Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo Ni.

34. Post #2034
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,032 Posts
    And so the floodgates are truly opening for isekai LN adaptations with ridiculously specific premises. Behold, Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo Ni.
    The smartphone wasn't his main ability in this tho, and there are even mechas in later parts of the story
    But I don't think the anime will cover up to that point

35. Post #2035
    Touhou Enthusiast
    January 2011
    830 Posts
    late? I think this was announced months ago but I don't remember seeing visuals for this

http://citrus-anime.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox France Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

36. Post #2036
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    4,692 Posts
    Hot damn DEEN has gone from one of my least favourite studios, to one of my favourite. No clue how they went from messing up log horizon season 2 to fucking hitting it out of the park and making not just one, but two shows that occupy my top 5 of last year. What the fuck did they put in the water?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2037
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    27,843 Posts

lalatina_ford_dustiness.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

38. Post #2038
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    17,731 Posts
    Kase-san is getting an anime adaptation
    if you want diabetes i would strongly suggest reading it, it's so cute it hurts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #2039
    this link changes
    April 2012
    6,541 Posts
    I can also recall reading some author notes for the web novel explaining mages vs tanks are actually a 50/50 fight but I can't remember the details
    I'd like to read those.

My guess is because a large portion of a mage's spellbook is basically explosions of various sizes. Shockwaves are really good at shaking buildings and limbs into tiny chunks, not so good at penetrating armour.

Conversely, a tank against a mage is basically trying to hit a fly with a hammer.

40. Post #2040
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,032 Posts
    I'd like to read those.

My guess is because a large portion of a mage's spellbook is basically explosions of various sizes. Shockwaves are really good at shaking buildings and limbs into tiny chunks, not so good at penetrating armour.

Conversely, a tank against a mage is basically trying to hit a fly with a hammer.
    I think it was on the author's ask.fm but I might need to look for it in order to find it again.
    but yeah if memory serves its about the mages' explosion spell being ineffective against armor and tanks can't hit flying mages.