1. Post #2081
    June 2015
    1,548 Posts
    time has flown fast. i realized the last episode of youjo senki is already next week. this sucks, i didn't ask for this

like i said, maybe if we pray hard enough we will get season 2

2. Post #2082
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,598 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #2083
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,295 Posts
    I'm really frustrated by fansubs.

There's a nice fansub group that was recommended to me by a friend but they don't subtitle the onomatopoeias on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (I'm currently at Diamond Is Unbreakable), so I either have to use the good sub and not get all the context from the sounds and stuff or I have to watch a shitty sub that does subtitle the sounds and stuff but the subs are lazier and less descriptive in general I've been told.

What do I do?

4. Post #2084
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    13,612 Posts
    Heroman part 2: Stan Lee makes another Japanese cartoon and narrates the trailer for it.
    Staff
    Original: Stan Lee (Heroman original story), Hiroshi Nagahama (Mushishi director)
    Director: Hiroshi Nagahama
    Script: Yasuyuki Suzuki (YuGiOh Zexal)
    Music: Trevor Charles Horn
    Character Design: Yoshihiko Umakoshi (Boku no Hero Academia)
    Studio: Studio Deen

5. Post #2085
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    6,986 Posts
    -rip me-

Edited:

There's a nice fansub group that was recommended to me by a friend but they don't subtitle the onomatopoeias on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (I'm currently at Diamond Is Unbreakable), so I either have to use the good sub and not get all the context from the sounds and stuff or I have to watch a shitty sub that does subtitle the sounds and stuff but the subs are lazier and less descriptive in general I've been told.

What do I do?
    why would you need subtitles for the onomatepias.
    There's like only two that actually has meaning that isn't obvious to non-Japanese speakers which are Dodododo and Gogogogo. The others are all just normal sound effects
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Malaysia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #2086
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    13,612 Posts

What do I do?
    Just remember that ゴゴゴゴ means menacing and you're set, use the better subs.

7. Post #2087
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,295 Posts
    -rip me-

Edited:

why would you need subtitles for the onomatepias.
    There's like only two that actually has meaning that isn't obvious to non-Japanese speakers which are Dodododo and Gogogogo. The others are all just normal sound effects
    Because I like the series a lot and I feel like I'm missing out a bit by not knowing what the effects are representing.

For example:    After Daniel J. D'arby is defeated and Avdol looks at Jotaro's cards and sees them and this is how he responds. http://i.imgur.com/OPUHIgl.png    Knowing what the text says adds a lot more flavor and mood to it in my opinion.

Just remember that ゴゴゴゴ means menacing and you're set, use the better subs.
    Well I know what the menacing one looks like but there are a lot of different ones. Like near the beginning of Diamond Is Unbreakable there's this one.
    http://i.imgur.com/OxKnQOQ.png - This is the good one that I want to use, it looks nicer and supposedly has better translations and grammar.

http://i.imgur.com/fuJOkDh.png - This is the bad one that I don't like but shows the translations for effects.