1. Post #2081
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,255 Posts
    Everytime I look at stuff like this, I think "Bethesda could have easily put in a condition in the Creation Kit that would prevent this."

It's just such an easy fix out of the many BGS doesn't do that it leaves me wondering
    Bethesda and effort. They do not go hand in hand.

Half of everything wrong with their games can be fixed in such a simple manner, you can only wonder why they don't do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

2. Post #2082
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,715 Posts
    you don't even need to add a condition, you just need to make it so it's enemies with the werewolf faction. if you just set it to a condition it would stand there and do sandbox stuff, but it won't bother you.

the reason why neutral/good NPCs (villagers, guards) attack/fear werewolves is because the player is forced into the PlayerWerewolfFaction upon transformation. Anyone in the PlayerWerewolfFaction are considered enemies with anyone who is part of crime factions AKA any npc that will give you a bounty if you assault them.

the thief itself is set to unaggressive, meaning that it won't attack enemies no matter what they are (unless the enemy attacks first). it's also factionless, which means it doesn't have a problem with anyone anyways. the reason why the thief attacks the player is because the game tells him to via script, which is a pretty bad problem because I think you can actually yield the thief and he just walks away not giving a shit (this happens with a lot of other radiant npcs too, such as the npc that calls you a milk drinker, or the skooma dealer.)

to solve this you just need to create a faction that's enemies with the PlayerWerewolfFaction and give that faction to npcs that would realistically attack/flee from the player as a werewolve on sight. this would also be a huge benefit to modders because it doesn't mean having to create your own faction that does this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2083
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    Of course, high elves make shit infantry and are weak to elements
    On this specifically. It's not like magic dmg = environmental dmg, but how would high elves be able to assault Skyrim or Hammerfell if their armies wouldn't be able to deal with the extreme cold/heat?

A desert war with people who are really good at being in deserts would make their frontline really weak, and mages can't exactly cast shit when they're getting ganked by angry scimitar wielding desert people.

Similarly, when going to Skyrim, if Dominion war tactics depend primarily on demoralizing the enemies, how are they gonna demoralize the most foolhardy warrior race in the game?

I'm kinda reaching, but these garbage elves must be stopped. We need Pelinalgramor or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #2084
    June 2013
    1,794 Posts
    I'm fucking sorry I must have misread you

Considering how much Pelinal hate elves, there must be some things beyond human ken that backs up his reasons. After all he's one of the Ada' , so he must knew things that normal human doesn't.
    For humans, elf is just another race, just like how chinese is for the norwegian.
    But for the Ada' elves are proabably some kind of alien/abomination that does not belong in Mundus for some reason.

5. Post #2085
    May 2013
    6,225 Posts
    Considering how much Pelinal hate elves, there must be some things beyond human ken that backs up his reasons. After all he's one of the Ada' , so he must knew things that normal human doesn't.
    For humans, elf is just another race, just like how chinese is for the norwegian.
    But for the Ada' elves are proabably some kind of alien/abomination that does not belong in Mundus for some reason.
    Actually Pelinal is just fucking insane
    He's a nutso crazy homosexual robot from the future whose brain is programmed to constantly spout "KILL ELVES KILL ELVES KILL ELVES" at him and seemingly has aspects of Akatosh and Lorkhan bickering inside him 24/7

edit: this isn't even out-of-game Kirkbride lore
    it's very heavily implied in the written stuff in Knights of the Nine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #2086
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,058 Posts
    Actually Pelinal is just fucking insane
    He's a nutso crazy homosexual robot from the future whose brain is programmed to constantly spout "KILL ELVES KILL ELVES KILL ELVES" at him and seemingly has aspects of Akatosh and Lorkhan bickering inside him 24/7

edit: this isn't even out-of-game Kirkbride lore
    it's very heavily implied in the written stuff in Knights of the Nine
    The Liberty Prime of TES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #2087
    Gold Member

August 2011
    3,917 Posts
    Nah like, for real.

Fighting as/against mages would be so much cooler if armour/shields/weapons could defend against it.
    On one hand, you've got the people of hammerfell deflecting thalmor balls of green fire with their curved swords like they're fucking jedi or something. He's gonna drop that fireball somewhere around your feet, which way do you turn your shield?

On the other hand, you're Trying to work out what's the best way to deal with the guy in ebony. Freeze him, cook him, or remember the conductive properties of ebony. Ah yes, maybe you should try a burden spell...

8. Post #2088
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    8,163 Posts
    so how does one convert an old armor to mod work in the special edition? there's one I used to use a lot in regular skyrim, and the creator hasn't been around for a few years. would like to still use it hence why I'm curious

9. Post #2089
    February 2014
    481 Posts
    On this specifically. It's not like magic dmg = environmental dmg, but how would high elves be able to assault Skyrim or Hammerfell if their armies wouldn't be able to deal with the extreme cold/heat?

A desert war with people who are really good at being in deserts would make their frontline really weak, and mages can't exactly cast shit when they're getting ganked by angry scimitar wielding desert people.

Similarly, when going to Skyrim, if Dominion war tactics depend primarily on demoralizing the enemies, how are they gonna demoralize the most foolhardy warrior race in the game?

I'm kinda reaching, but these garbage elves must be stopped. We need Pelinalgramor or something
    Okay, let's begin a debate

I chose the Legion over Stormcloaks because:
    - the conflict is just increasing the chances of losing Skyrim to the Dominion
    - they didn't fight the previous war

in short I chose the Legion because the Stormcloaks would fuck up the entire war and leave Skyrim and the rest of Tamriel to be ruled by fucking selfish narcisistic elves

Edited:

Well, the elves (I mean the Dominion races) think they should be gods and everyone should obey their orders... (I don't think Dubmer are included though)

10. Post #2090
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,569 Posts
    Back in Oblivion I just assumed your character's just bad at bartering in general and comes off as particularly shady when trying to steal stolen goods, so merchants just turn it away.

Since it's a game that lets you haggle and that actually lets you sell stolen goods if your skill is high enough, I feel like it's how it was meant to be interpreted to begin with.

Skyrim just kind of works on the same logic by default but there's nothing that really conveys that other than the fact it was the case in Oblivion.
    In Morrowind couldn't you steal something and then sell it to pretty much anyone as long as it wasn't the original owner? It made more sense that way, other than the merchants not talking to each other to let them know something got stolen, I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

11. Post #2091
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,033 Posts
    In Morrowind couldn't you steal something and then sell it to pretty much anyone as long as it wasn't the original owner? It made more sense that way, other than the merchants not talking to each other to let them know something got stolen, I guess.
    I think in a sandbox RPG like Elder Scrolls (or at least what Elder Scrolls strives to be) crimes like theft should be handled way more intuitively. I mean games like Deus Ex and System Shock were pinnacles of emergent gameplay mechanics, and should be games that Bethesda strives to emulate considering sandbox gameplay is where they seem to be trying to go with Elder Scrolls and Fallout series; that being said, games nearly 20 years old give more consistent flexibility and complexity with world and NPC interactions than a modern AAA title that's entire focus is player freedom.

In a perfect Elder Scrolls game, NPCs would be "radiant" enough to not be stolen from as easily as they are in Skyrim or Oblivion to begin with. Oblivion was better about it arguably, since NPCs would hound you far more aggressively whenever you began trespassing, with far more liberal definitions of what was considered suspicious behavior, such as just picking up owned items without putting them in your inventory. In a better Elder Scrolls game, these definitions would be even more liberal and NPCs would be far more suspicious about players in general; would make theft more about stealing things that pique the player's interest rather than players easily stealing a ton of low-value-low-risk items by just being slightly behind a chair.

Additionally, the value of the item should play a bigger role in indicating whether the item can be sold to merchants; Morrowind had the right idea, but it could be taken just a bit further. If the player, for instance, steals some expensive ebony short sword from a store-based merchant in some major city like Bruma, there should be some, you know consequences. The merchant should mention that they've had some expensive items go missing recently, so maybe they have an extra armed guard in the room and so further theft becomes even more challenging. Additionally, you should totally be able to sell that item back to the merchant, but attempted to cash in on the trade should result in the merchant recognizing it and the player getting caught.

Trying to sell to other major merchants in other major cities should have a probability of resulting in the same problem depending on the time elapsed or the distance from the origin city; maybe selling that kind of stolen good would be easier in small villages but merchants in those towns would perhaps be nowhere close to being able to afford the total value for the stolen good. This would, in turn, incentivize players to use Thieve's Guild fences without necessarily hard-coding the Thieve's Guild as the only option for selling stolen goods. Importantly, the Thieve's Guild should be far more "picky" when it comes to stolen goods, acting more like a broker or pawn shop than a store, with players selling to the fence for a fractional cost, and then returning after a period of time for the rest of the sum after the item has been resold and the money laundered. Maybe even add some radiant quests that aren't fucking boring Preston quests where players have to deliver their stolen high-value item to a buyer after the Thieve's Guild has notified the player that there is a buyer. Make stealing a bit more work than just abusing dumb AI so fewer players steal, theft is more "thought out" when it does happen, and players will hopefully be less likely to accrue massive fortunes after only a few ingame days; all without necessarily constraining the player or removing their freedom to steal everything in sight.

This would hopefully help solve the massive inflation problem Elder Scrolls titles suffer from.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

12. Post #2092
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    Nah like, for real.

Fighting as/against mages would be so much cooler if armour/shields/weapons could defend against it.
    On one hand, you've got the people of hammerfell deflecting thalmor balls of green fire with their curved swords like they're fucking jedi or something. He's gonna drop that fireball somewhere around your feet, which way do you turn your shield?

On the other hand, you're Trying to work out what's the best way to deal with the guy in ebony. Freeze him, cook him, or remember the conductive properties of ebony. Ah yes, maybe you should try a burden spell...
    There's a block perk in Skyrim reduces the damage you take when blocking with a shield vs magic dmg.

Wildcat adds timed blocking, which hard staggers an enemy if you block an attack within 1 second of raising your block. This is VERY good and should totally be in TESVI, and it'd be neat if you could deflect spells with either a wep/shield if you timed block them.

Okay, let's begin a debate

I chose the Legion over Stormcloaks because:
    - the conflict is just increasing the chances of losing Skyrim to the Dominion
    - they didn't fight the previous war

in short I chose the Legion because the Stormcloaks would fuck up the entire war and leave Skyrim and the rest of Tamriel to be ruled by fucking selfish narcisistic elves

Edited:

Well, the elves (I mean the Dominion races) think they should be gods and everyone should obey their orders... (I don't think Dubmer are included though)
    They did fight in the war though. Half the reason why Nords are so mad (besides the fact that they're nords) is that they bled just as much as the Imperials and still got thrown under the bus.

Either way, I don't think an offensive could ever be launched from a single independent Skyrim, but they're not defenseless. If the Dominion comes, taking Skyrim won't be as easy as taking Cyrodiil.

And who's to say an independent Skyrim wouldn't ally with an independent Hammerfell vs. the Dominion?

It's just far more interesting if the SCs win. There's a lot more ways Bethesda could go compared to the Legion victory scenario. That, and the Legion managing to pull through on their Thalmor-mandated systematic oppression and destruction of Nords and Nord culture is kind of fucking disgusting.

13. Post #2093
    Gold Member

August 2011
    3,917 Posts
    I thought the thalmore poorly written. How did they win? I know the empire was weakened but...

They're the extreme party of a state. Many High elves want nothing to do with them.
    The Khajiit should be seeking to betray them at every opertunity. (oh, you gave our moon back? who took it anyway?)
    The Moarmer are to the south of them, a dangerous group.

Like, I can see them casting off the empire so they can be proud elves/have more slaves. But reaching as far as skyrim in their demands? No, no.

14. Post #2094
    May 2013
    6,225 Posts
    quality in mod form

Edited:

I thought the thalmore poorly written. How did they win? I know the empire was weakened but...

They're the extreme party of a state. Many High elves want nothing to do with them.
    The Khajiit should be seeking to betray them at every opertunity. (oh, you gave our moon back? who took it anyway?)
    The Moarmer are to the south of them, a dangerous group.

Like, I can see them casting off the empire so they can be proud elves/have more slaves. But reaching as far as skyrim in their demands? No, no.
    1. kinda like how many germans wanted the nazis gone
    that sure held them back huh

2. khajiit are naturally trusting, for one thing; we see a lot that as a nation they usually just try to get along with everyone but valenwood (also they've been allies before)
    for another, they seriously have no idea who took them, all they know is that the aldmeri dominion claims to have given them back

3. whatever happened to the maormer last time they invaded left them in no condition to come back, apparently
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

15. Post #2095
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,715 Posts
    i find it fucking hilarious that they made him an elf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 21Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #2096
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,639 Posts
    I want to start a weird run with some an incredibly lore unfriendly PC that'll be some kind of weird satyr thing. Is there any mod at all that adds goat eyes in the game ? Otherwise I'll have to work with orc eyes, which is fine.

17. Post #2097
    Resident IFAP Phantas- magor- iologist
    July 2010
    8,673 Posts
    Would it be possible to make the 2-handed sword block pose the standard idle pose? I have a mod that fixes the baseball grip, but I think the block pose looks better since it seems like a more realistic guard stance than just the standard "holding my sword off to the side" and since there arent any mods that add actual real-life longsword stances.

18. Post #2098
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,581 Posts
    I want to start a weird run with some an incredibly lore unfriendly PC that'll be some kind of weird satyr thing. Is there any mod at all that adds goat eyes in the game ? Otherwise I'll have to work with orc eyes, which is fine.
    how dis?

Do you want it? Please provide feedback if you want it changed to your liking.

19. Post #2099
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,639 Posts
    That's pretty cool, actually. I ended up using orc eyes but I'm not done with making the character yet, so I would appreciate being able to change it to those.

20. Post #2100
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,581 Posts
    That's pretty cool, actually. I ended up using orc eyes but I'm not done with making the character yet, so I would appreciate being able to change it to those.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81453/?

It's also available for both sexs of all vanilla races.

tell me if you want more.

21. Post #2101
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,639 Posts
    Seems like you forgot Bosmer in the races that can use it, which is a bit of a problem
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #2102
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,581 Posts
    Seems like you forgot Bosmer in the races that can use it, which is a bit of a problem
    whaaat. Damn it Beth, your AllRacesExceptBeastVampire form list is lacking.

this is what I get for relying on the work BGS did.

Edited:

Wait, are you sure that you can't use it as bosmer? That's strange. It should be the first eye color listed, if you have no other eye color mods installed.

23. Post #2103
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,639 Posts
    Yeah, it's there for nords but not for Bosmer.

24. Post #2104
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,581 Posts
    Yeah, it's there for nords but not for Bosmer.
    Do you have mods that alter vanilla races or are you playing as a custom race?

because it works fine on my end with a near vanilla install.

25. Post #2105
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,639 Posts
    I do have ethereal elven overhaul. Probably clashes with it, actually.

26. Post #2106
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,581 Posts
    I do have ethereal elven overhaul. Probably clashes with it, actually.
    It probably does. You might technically be using a custom race that EEO adds in, so it doesn't count as a part of the original WoodElfRace

My mod does not edit any vanilla records, so I'm sure it's probably EEO.

Edited:

I'm going to see about making a compatibility patch, if there needs to be one. For now, try loading the mod after EEO.

EEO edits the vanilla races. But, as I just tested, it should still work. Maybe you mistook it for normal eyes? It should still be the first eye color you can choose, if all you have in terms of eye color mods is mine.

I wouldn't blame you for mistaking it for normal eyes, as the eyes I made are quite dilated.

27. Post #2107
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,639 Posts
    I tried turning everything off other than racemenu and it still won't show up for wood elves.

Edited:

I noticed it also doesn't show up for orcs.

28. Post #2108
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,581 Posts
    I tried turning everything off other than racemenu and it still won't show up for wood elves.

Edited:

I noticed it also doesn't show up for orcs.

I hate problems like this. Let me try the packed release version that i uploaded. Maybe I messed up somewhere and up'd the wrong file.

Edited:

Ah, it's not showing up for the females of races for some reason. you didn't specify gender lol. Because you said satyr, I assumed male, and forgot to test for female.

And I remember what I did wrong without even having to look. I forgot to set up the eyes for the females to all the races.

Edited:

And I've fixed it

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81453?

Just download the latest version, 1.01. Sorry I fucked up.

29. Post #2109
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,639 Posts
    Oh, yeah, probably should have specified that, my bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #2110
    Gold Member

August 2011
    3,917 Posts
    I liked how in TES III all bosmer had entirely black eyes (and I think Dunmer had entirely red eyes, . Made em more alien.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

31. Post #2111
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,534 Posts
    Would it be possible to make the 2-handed sword block pose the standard idle pose? I have a mod that fixes the baseball grip, but I think the block pose looks better since it seems like a more realistic guard stance than just the standard "holding my sword off to the side" and since there arent any mods that add actual real-life longsword stances.
    The block pose is not a pose you would stay in in an idle position.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2112
    July 2010
    8,673 Posts
    The block pose is not a pose you would stay in in an idle position.
    you would in combat. I meant idle pose as in "weapon drawn pose". I dont leave my weapon drawn outside of combat very much.

Edited:

I just think the left pose looks better as a "in combat, ready to fight pose" than the right.

Edited:

It's basically this guard

Edited:

I think I know what I need to do I just dont know how to do it. Im not experienced at modding and I dont know the terminology, but I just need to take the block pose and make it overwrite the idle pose like how modded animations overwrite the vanilla animations, right? I wouldnt be changing any animations, just swapping one pose with another.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #2113
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,336 Posts
    Is there a mod out there that permanently increases Skyrim's FOV? I got back into it recently and the super close FOV is really jarring for some reason. I know that a console command can increase your FOV but I tried that a while ago and it didn't keep when I restarted the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #2114
    Ott
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    5,727 Posts
    Is there a mod out there that permanently increases Skyrim's FOV? I got back into it recently and the super close FOV is really jarring for some reason. I know that a console command can increase your FOV but I tried that a while ago and it didn't keep when I restarted the game.
    Config files

35. Post #2115
    Ask me about my Guardians of the Galaxy fetish.
    September 2010
    9,163 Posts
    Customizable Camera
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37347/?
    You need to edit it at the start of every playthrough however

36. Post #2116
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    13,918 Posts
    you would in combat. I meant idle pose as in "weapon drawn pose". I dont leave my weapon drawn outside of combat very much.

Edited:

I just think the left pose looks better as a "in combat, ready to fight pose" than the right.

Edited:

It's basically this guard

Edited:

I think I know what I need to do I just dont know how to do it. Im not experienced at modding and I dont know the terminology, but I just need to take the block pose and make it overwrite the idle pose like how modded animations overwrite the vanilla animations, right? I wouldnt be changing any animations, just swapping one pose with another.
    But the pose on the right is similar to an existing stance too?

37. Post #2117
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    2,020 Posts
    If you want something that doesn't require an esp, you could use Skyrim Enhanced Camera

The ini is pretty straightforward and easy to customize to your own preferences as-well.

38. Post #2118
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,336 Posts
    If you want something that doesn't require an esp, you could use Skyrim Enhanced Camera

The ini is pretty straightforward and easy to customize to your own preferences as-well.
    I'm actually using this one and I had no idea that it came with an .ini file. I'll fiddle around with it.

Thanks guys, you've potentially saved me from a headache.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #2119
    July 2010
    8,673 Posts
    But the pose on the right is similar to an existing stance too?
    sort of, I just personally prefer how the other one looks. I wish I had actual animation skills because Id make a mod that used actual longsword guards and cuts. Or atleast just one that made the default stance the plow guard.

Edited:

only problem with doing animations based on real life longsword fencing is its all based around going from stance to another through attacks and defense and its all reactionary based on your opponent.

40. Post #2120
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    11,950 Posts
    sort of, I just personally prefer how the other one looks. I wish I had actual animation skills because Id make a mod that used actual longsword guards and cuts. Or atleast just one that made the default stance the plow guard.

Edited:

only problem with doing animations based on real life longsword fencing is its all based around going from stance to another through attacks and defense and its all reactionary based on your opponent.
    RR Motion Replacer has that stance
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)