1. Post #2041
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    7,732 Posts
    replace unrelenting shout sound with 'MWAAAAHH' now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

2. Post #2042
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,660 Posts
    Dwarven Black Bow of Fate though.
    oh god completely forgot about that weapon

hope there isn't anything lore breaking about the weapons that come with my mod being black and dwemer. the armor is basically banded iron quality armor that weighs more.

since the people who will be wearing it come to invade the player endless once or twice per day, I don't want to give people free dwarven armor and weapons (~2000 gold per invasion)

I was actually going to make the villain wear that mask but I remembered that skeletor was a thing so I just made it 3 easter eggs that you can find that will grant you a larger easter egg if you have all of them

would've been a disaster if skeletor was giving small lectures on life, trusting others, parenting, and morality

Edited:

replace unrelenting shout sound with 'MWAAAAHH' now.
    I'll see if I can find a free to use MWAAAAH sound to turn it into a voice power if you have the mask equipped.

3. Post #2043
    May 2013
    6,223 Posts
    would've been a disaster if skeletor was giving small lectures on life, trusting others, parenting, and morality
    if by disaster, you mean fucking amazing

also i don't think anything is necessarily wrong with the armor and weapons; depends on where you're going with it, but nothing prevents dwemer-style armor being made out of something other than dwemer metal (which is exactly how dwarven armor in ESO works), or dwarves making different coloured metal for shits and giggles

4. Post #2044
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    if by disaster, you mean fucking amazing

also i don't think anything is necessarily wrong with the armor and weapons; depends on where you're going with it, but nothing prevents dwemer-style armor being made out of something other than dwemer metal (which is exactly how dwarven armor in ESO works), or dwarves making different coloured metal for shits and giggles
    Yeah, if you want to boost up your differences argument just look at dwarven armor from Morrowind and dwarven armor from Oblivion. They're not different dwarves, and they all went extinct(?) at once, but they still made pretty unique sets of armor.

Also, Interesting NPCs is a cool ass mod. It adds actual people to Skyrim, and the dialogue is really well written.

There are MANY options that involve hitting on people pretty heavy-handedly, which is definitely ?, but the responses are good. Some khajiit said "no thanks I only pet myself"

5. Post #2045
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,481 Posts
    So i was recently thinking about getting back into skyrim after a long time, and i want to try out the new special edition, is there any list of must have mods that have been updated for the special edition?

Preferably one that constantly gets updated to include recent releases.

6. Post #2046
    February 2014
    94 Posts
    Any mods for Morrowind that bump up the damage of clubs? Or anyone know how I'd go about doing that myself?

7. Post #2047
    Gold Member

August 2011
    3,893 Posts
    Any mods for Morrowind that bump up the damage of clubs? Or anyone know how I'd go about doing that myself?
    Literally changing a few numbers in the dev kit. It's a very easy fix. Don't know where you can download the kit now tho.

8. Post #2048
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Literally changing a few numbers in the dev kit. It's a very easy fix. Don't know where you can download the kit now tho.
    here's the link

9. Post #2049
    September 2012
    4,295 Posts
    You know, random thought but I wonder if a dragon could be infected by Porphyric Hemophilia, or it's related diseases.

Or be blighted, or receive the Corprus disease.

10. Post #2050
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    You know, random thought but I wonder if a dragon could be infected by the vampire disease.
    Pretty sure everyone can, and they'd get the static 25 hp reduction, but nothing would happen once the day ticker that activates vampirism goes down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #2051
    September 2012
    4,295 Posts
    Pretty sure everyone can, and they'd get the static 25 hp reduction, but nothing would happen once the day ticker that activates vampirism goes down.
    I think it was pretty obvious that I meant Lore wise not gameplay wise.

Edited:

Cuz a vampire dragon would be neat.

Edited:

Or a werewolf dragon.

12. Post #2052
    February 2014
    94 Posts

Cheers fellas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #2053
    May 2013
    6,223 Posts
    You know, random thought but I wonder if a dragon could be infected by Porphyric Hemophilia, or it's related diseases.

Or be blighted, or receive the Corprus disease.
    Dragons are living time bits, so I'd assume not.
    maybe corprus since corprus is weird tho

edit: actually i guess if a daedric prince directly made them a vampire/werewolf/whatever it'd probably work

14. Post #2054
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,602 Posts
    http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthe...scrolls-games/

So we're not getting other remasters. Shame, Oblivion could use one, if only to make it run borderless easily and at a decent framerate.

15. Post #2055
    September 2012
    4,295 Posts
    Dragons are living time bits, so I'd assume not.
    maybe corprus since corprus is weird tho

edit: actually i guess if a daedric prince directly made them a vampire/werewolf/whatever it'd probably work
    I mean, metaphysical birth bullcrap aside, they are still flesh and blood up until the Dragonborn absorbs them.

16. Post #2056
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,602 Posts
    Dragons are probably immune to disease to begin with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #2057
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,660 Posts
    They're not actually, at least not in creation kit.

I mean the game makes it only the player can catch diseases from traps.

18. Post #2058
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    13,903 Posts
    They're not actually, at least not in creation kit.

I mean the game makes it only the player can catch diseases from traps.
    Except he said lore wise, not gameplay wise.

19. Post #2059
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,529 Posts
    gameplay is lore and lore is gameplay

tes is stupid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

20. Post #2060
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,660 Posts
    let me tell you about CHIM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2061
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,428 Posts
    gameplay is lore and lore is gameplay

tes is stupid
    Then how did sea battles take place in Cyrodil when the landmass is so small? Why is the ground hollow yet there are also graves?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2062
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,529 Posts
    Then how did sea battles take place in Cyrodil when the landmass is so small? Why is the ground hollow yet there are also graves?
    uuuhh

transcription error?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

23. Post #2063
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,602 Posts
    Cyrodiil in Oblivion is like a baby midget version of the lore version, the imperial city's meant to be the size of a small country and Niben Bay's supposed to be like half the size of the Mediterranean by itself.

24. Post #2064
    Gold Member

August 2011
    3,893 Posts
    See, I don't think they (bethesda) get how a large scale conflict should/would work in tes. How could sea battles work at all with the way things are?

1- Normal weapons/shields/armour should be able to block magical attacks. A shield formation should be able to resist destruction spells. They aren't being hit, their shields/arms/armour are. Otherwise, people will never bunch up into formations, which just makes regular soldiers absolutely useless as a battle is won depending on only the strength of rare big players. (also, you kinda get rid of all the cool shit, like arrow volleys, cavalry charges, and heavy-infantry murder machines)

2- Ships need to be enchanted. When people can run on water and throw fireballs, There's gotta be something that makes a ship worth having in a naval battle? Ships are expensive, and lives are inside them, they can't just be fodder. (also, as seen in AC black flag, ship combat is more interesting when it's faster)
    The same is true for fortifications. They're expensive, and while fire/lightning/ice will do little to stone (and less than you'd think for decent wood) you can still just invalidate good cover with an AOE.
    Ideas could include
    spell absorbers placed on walls that weaken all nearby landing destruction spells. Perhaps such things could also give out the stollen mana to defenders/convert it into a heal. Perhaps they could also be sabotaged, leading to a quest or two...
    Spells of resist element, for objects, which can cause fire to quickly run out of fuel if used retroactively.
    Wards on doors preventing 'open seal' spells.
    No-levitation wards, No-swift swim/water walk wards. No teleport wards.

3- A lot of weapons and shields get enchanted. Not fantastically, just enough. Somewhere out there there are imperials breeding mudcrabs for their souls.
    -You want weapons to ignore that 'resistance to mundane weapons' stuff some monsters have
    -Spell blocking could really be assisted through magical means.
    -Heal, fortify, as well as tactical ideas like 'summon scamp' can be lifesavers.

People competently using spells like 'detect life' would be good too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #2065
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,602 Posts
    Redguard showed how naval combat works and it is what you'd expect, a bunch of idiots jumping on board the enemy ship and then stabbing each other. Magic optional.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

26. Post #2066
    May 2013
    6,223 Posts
    See, I don't think they (bethesda) get how a large scale conflict should/would work in tes. How could sea battles work at all with the way things are?

1- Normal weapons/shields/armour should be able to block magical attacks. A shield formation should be able to resist destruction spells. They aren't being hit, their shields/arms/armour are. Otherwise, people will never bunch up into formations, which just makes regular soldiers absolutely useless as a battle is won depending on only the strength of rare big players. (also, you kinda get rid of all the cool shit, like arrow volleys, cavalry charges, and heavy-infantry murder machines)

2- Ships need to be enchanted. When people can run on water and throw fireballs, There's gotta be something that makes a ship worth having in a naval battle? Ships are expensive, and lives are inside them, they can't just be fodder. (also, as seen in AC black flag, ship combat is more interesting when it's faster)
    The same is true for fortifications. They're expensive, and while fire/lightning/ice will do little to stone (and less than you'd think for decent wood) you can still just invalidate good cover with an AOE.
    Ideas could include
    spell absorbers placed on walls that weaken all nearby landing destruction spells. Perhaps such things could also give out the stollen mana to defenders/convert it into a heal. Perhaps they could also be sabotaged, leading to a quest or two...
    Spells of resist element, for objects, which can cause fire to quickly run out of fuel if used retroactively.
    Wards on doors preventing 'open seal' spells.
    No-levitation wards, No-swift swim/water walk wards. No teleport wards.

3- A lot of weapons and shields get enchanted. Not fantastically, just enough. Somewhere out there there are imperials breeding mudcrabs for their souls.
    -You want weapons to ignore that 'resistance to mundane weapons' stuff some monsters have
    -Spell blocking could really be assisted through magical means.
    -Heal, fortify, as well as tactical ideas like 'summon scamp' can be lifesavers.

People competently using spells like 'detect life' would be good too.
    There's some mentions how this is dealt with. Battlemages in Tamriel's armies are typically extremely powerful mages put in a more tactical role; most magical combat is just countering the other guy's magic and letting the soldiers do their work iirc.

Part of why the Dominion kicked the Empire's ass is because the Empire only has those few experienced Battlemages to work with, while everyone in Summerset is a potentially talented mage; too much magic for them to counter.

Edited:

magic isn't as easy for others as it is for the player, and the scaling makes mages look more common than they are
    outside summerset and high rock (where they're constantly busy with their own problems), people skilled in combat magic seem somewhat rare

27. Post #2067
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,344 Posts
    So what you're saying is that the Imperials need to Git Gud™ and learn to Pointy-Side Goes Here harder when it comes to Elves?

Because I'm fairly certain that is a pretty decent counter to mages.

Edited:

...Playing Doom16 and Bloodborne has made me want TES6 to be a Gornfest so much. I want to RIP AND TEAR Thalmor agents in ways TES5 could not let me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #2068
    May 2013
    6,223 Posts
    So what you're saying is that the Imperials need to Git Gud™ and learn to Pointy-Side Goes Here harder when it comes to Elves?

Because I'm fairly certain that is a pretty decent counter to mages.

Edited:

...Playing Doom16 and Bloodborne has made me want TES6 to be a Gornfest so much. I want to RIP AND TEAR Thalmor agents in ways TES5 could not let me.
    it's a decent counter until their battlemage covers all his troops in magical pointy-proof armor and they start shitting fireballs faster than your battlemage can ward them off

29. Post #2069
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    11,888 Posts
    There wouldn't be an elf problem if good ol' Ysgramor was still alive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #2070
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,602 Posts
    There wouldn't be an elf problem if good ol' Ysgramor was still alive
    I'm fucking sorry I must have misread you

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Funny Funny x 19 (list)

31. Post #2071
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    14,791 Posts
    Probably because they are one

I can't tell you how many times I've been in the middle of an important quest and my leg starts acting up and suddenly a fucking dragon I've got to waste 7 minutes hitting with a sword and shooting pointy sticks at with a bow.

Edited:

The alchemists I visit say it's curable via the console but man it feels so cheaty giving myself dragon souls through it

Edited:

Can someone explain to me lore-wise how everything the pc steals is known to legitimate merchants as stolen?

32. Post #2072
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,428 Posts
    uuuhh

transcription error?
    There's no such thing as errors in Bethesda games.

33. Post #2073
    Resident IFAP Phantas- magor- iologist
    July 2010
    8,669 Posts

Can someone explain to me lore-wise how everything the pc steals is known to legitimate merchants as stolen?
    Whenever the pc steals something they put a little red sticker on the object just like how stolen objects have that little red mark in your inventory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #2074
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,602 Posts
    Back in Oblivion I just assumed your character's just bad at bartering in general and comes off as particularly shady when trying to steal stolen goods, so merchants just turn it away.

Since it's a game that lets you haggle and that actually lets you sell stolen goods if your skill is high enough, I feel like it's how it was meant to be interpreted to begin with.

Skyrim just kind of works on the same logic by default but there's nothing that really conveys that other than the fact it was the case in Oblivion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #2075
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    14,791 Posts
    Back in Oblivion I just assumed your character's just bad at bartering in general and comes off as particularly shady when trying to steal stolen goods, so merchants just turn it away.

Since it's a game that lets you haggle and that actually lets you sell stolen goods if your skill is high enough, I feel like it's how it was meant to be interpreted to begin with.

Skyrim just kind of works on the same logic by default but there's nothing that really conveys that other than the fact it was the case in Oblivion.
    But even if you're at 100 speech and have all the perks you still can't sell stolen items to merchants unless you invest in them, so it's not like you're purely just able to hand over a stolen cup and pretend it's not or anything

36. Post #2076
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,602 Posts
    Yeah as I said it's a leftover from Oblivion that's incomplete in Skyrim.

You can however basically bribe vendors to buy your stolen shit so there is some form of alternative.

37. Post #2077
    Gold Member

August 2011
    3,893 Posts
    There's some mentions how this is dealt with. Battlemages in Tamriel's armies are typically extremely powerful mages put in a more tactical role; most magical combat is just countering the other guy's magic and letting the soldiers do their work iirc.

Part of why the Dominion kicked the Empire's ass is because the Empire only has those few experienced Battlemages to work with, while everyone in Summerset is a potentially talented mage; too much magic for them to counter.

Edited:

magic isn't as easy for others as it is for the player, and the scaling makes mages look more common than they are
    outside summerset and high rock (where they're constantly busy with their own problems), people skilled in combat magic seem somewhat rare
    That works if we're talking restoration,illusion and alteration. We're not. And the redguards are known for crazy swordsmen rather than mages, and somehow they won, so somehow swordsmen need to be able to beat an army with better mages. Of course, high elves make shit infantry and are weak to elements, and it's not like quantity will help you from a good AOE (unless lore wise, an AOE is really an outward explosion, and the victims in front protect the rear)

Also seems a lot less interesting that mages are regulated to a roll of rock paper scissors.

38. Post #2078
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    2,068 Posts

Sure bro take my stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 18Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

39. Post #2079
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,575 Posts

Sure bro take my stuff
    Everytime I look at stuff like this, I think "Bethesda could have easily put in a condition in the Creation Kit that would prevent this."

It's just such an easy fix out of the many BGS doesn't do that it leaves me wondering
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

40. Post #2080
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,050 Posts
    -snip wrong thread-