1. Post #2001
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,675 Posts
    Aigis will have comments just about everything. Like what the player is wearing:

Dawnguard Armor (light armor)

Daedric Armor

And, of course, she will call you Dragonborn only after the quest Dragon Rising. If you're not Dragonborn, no point on calling you that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2002
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    23,817 Posts
    my follower mod has that too!!!!!!!!!!!

except mine is poorly written and contains lines such as "hey studded armor, I'm a bit of a stud myself heh"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 26Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #2003
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,675 Posts
    my follower mod has that too!!!!!!!!!!!

except mine is poorly written and contains lines such as "hey studded armor, I'm a bit of a stud myself heh"
    Hide armor line: "Ha! You're wearing Light armor! Don't try to "hide" it!"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 22 (list)

4. Post #2004
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,471 Posts
    I'd kill for a follower with shitty puns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Vivaldi Norway Show Events

5. Post #2005
    September 2012
    4,766 Posts
    For those that still play ESO, something interesting is coming:

Further details:
    Hm, that seems a bit strange that Seyda Neen will look pretty much exactly the fucking same for several era's worth of time without much changing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

6. Post #2006
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    4,968 Posts
    fanservice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

7. Post #2007
    February 2014
    490 Posts
    Hm, that seems a bit strange that Seyda Neen will look pretty much exactly the fucking same for several era's worth of time without much changing.
    The online map seems to have more land area than Morrowind's. Maybe the ocean levels rose?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Brazil Show Events

8. Post #2008
    September 2012
    4,766 Posts
    The online map seems to have more land area than Morrowind's. Maybe the ocean levels rose?
    No but like, it's pretty much exactly the same with a few houses missing, like, even down to the building you get out of.

Doesn't that strike anyone as strange at all given when Elder Scrolls Online is set, all that time afterwards and all they did was add one or two new houses in the Third Era?

Edited:

Like, water levels shouldn't be a problem either given magic exists and is lore wise blatantly OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #2009
    February 2014
    490 Posts
    No but like, it's pretty much exactly the same with a few houses missing, like, even down to the building you get out of.

Doesn't that strike anyone as strange at all given when Elder Scrolls Online is set, all that time afterwards and all they did was add one or two new houses in the Third Era?
    There's not much info about it, but I'd guess it has no room for growing? www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Seyda_Neen

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Brazil Show Events

10. Post #2010
    September 2012
    4,766 Posts
    There's not much info about it, but I'd guess it has no room for growing? www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Seyda_Neen

It has plenty of room, just go over the bridge and continue to make houses, or get a powerful mage to make more land, the water is not something that needs to get in the way, even so, I really never had the feeling like it was the sort of place that was always there.

Tbh, I really feel like they should have just left it out.

11. Post #2011
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    2,028 Posts
    fanservice
    Or laziness. Why re-imagine something when you can just copy it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Norway Show Events

12. Post #2012
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,665 Posts
    They're likely gonna re-imagine the rest of the map it's just that Seyda Neen is so iconic that they'd rather keep it as is for nostalgia's sake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #2013
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    They're likely gonna re-imagine the rest of the map it's just that Seyda Neen is so iconic that they'd rather keep it as is for nostalgia's sake
    Yep. Even the people who tried to get into Morrowind post Oblivion or Skyrim and failed horribly due to the combat will still recognize Seyda.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #2014
    Still Not GLOD
    May 2013
    902 Posts
    If they dont have a bootleg blatant ripoff of Fargoth I will be dissapointed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #2015
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,665 Posts
    inb4 sidequest to help grandpa fargoth get his nut bust so the events of morrowind can be set in motion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

16. Post #2016
    April 2012
    453 Posts
    If they dont have a bootleg blatant ripoff of Fargoth I will be dissapointed
    They could name him Nirgoth
       pronounced near-goth   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

17. Post #2017
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    9,875 Posts
       pronounced near-goth   
    whereveryouaregoth?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #2018
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    23,817 Posts
       pronounced near-goth   
    um lets not use slang words. there are kids browsing this family forum
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 22 (list)

19. Post #2019
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    um lets not use slang words. there are kids browsing this family forum
    Even the slab of the romantic one does not use such foul language. Despicable tbh

On another note, I was talking about it in some Discord and did anyone really think the weapons in Skyrim were unpractical? Sure, they're broader, thicker and overall heavier than they should be, but it's not like some WoW tier shit.

If anything it felt like it was meant to mirror the Nords themselves, with most weapon designs taking a cue from their own broad outline.

The only weapon that's truly unpractical are the Daedric ones, anything that's not a hammer/mace is so ridiculously serrated it doesn't look like it'd slice a fella goodly. But then again, that's maybe the point? To cause pain by tearing the dude up instead of killing outright dudes cuz you're an evil demon guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #2020
    June 2013
    1,929 Posts
    Different Daedra with different armors deployed to different part of Mundus. Mehrune Dagon is such a culturally-aware demon prince.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Malaysia Show Events

21. Post #2021
    Resident IFAP Phantas- magor- iologist
    July 2010
    8,988 Posts
    -snip-

It works now, nevermind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

22. Post #2022
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,905 Posts
    inb4 sidequest to help grandpa fargoth get his nut bust so the events of morrowind can be set in motion
    Fargoth Ur:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 10Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #2023
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,594 Posts
    Even the slab of the romantic one does not use such foul language. Despicable tbh

On another note, I was talking about it in some Discord and did anyone really think the weapons in Skyrim were unpractical? Sure, they're broader, thicker and overall heavier than they should be, but it's not like some WoW tier shit.

If anything it felt like it was meant to mirror the Nords themselves, with most weapon designs taking a cue from their own broad outline.

The only weapon that's truly unpractical are the Daedric ones, anything that's not a hammer/mace is so ridiculously serrated it doesn't look like it'd slice a fella goodly. But then again, that's maybe the point? To cause pain by tearing the dude up instead of killing outright dudes cuz you're an evil demon guy.
    compare handle width to blade width. Those proportions are wack, feels like they might snap. Its like this on almsot all swords.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #2024
    August 2013
    231 Posts
    There was a video (unlisted now for some reason) made about the topic of swords and why they're impratical.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #2025
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    Unlisted probably because it got a lot of rabid hate, something you gotta deal with when making videos like these. I recognize that they're impractical but taking into account how Oblivion's weapons were pretty practical minus excessive detailing, to have weapons be like this in Skyrim was an aesthetic choice, and one that works IMO.

The Better Shaped Weapons mod, the main one that 'fixes' this, is pretty unpopular, atleast compared to the top weapon mods in the Nexus. Which is curious -- if you look at them, they usually have a mix of new pretty realistic weapons, stuff ripped from the Witcher, plus stuff made using Skyrim assets that fall in line with the original aesthetic. I guess the end goal there is not to override Skyrim's aesthetic, but to add onto it, which is why they're popular.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #2026
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,959 Posts
    Unlisted probably because it got a lot of rabid hate, something you gotta deal with when making videos like these. I recognize that they're impractical but taking into account how Oblivion's weapons were pretty practical minus excessive detailing, to have weapons be like this in Skyrim was an aesthetic choice, and one that works IMO.

The Better Shaped Weapons mod, the main one that 'fixes' this, is pretty unpopular, atleast compared to the top weapon mods in the Nexus. Which is curious -- if you look at them, they usually have a mix of new pretty realistic weapons, stuff ripped from the Witcher, plus stuff made using Skyrim assets that fall in line with the original aesthetic. I guess the end goal there is not to override Skyrim's aesthetic, but to add onto it, which is why they're popular.
    I don't care if they where low stats, Fine steel weapons in oblivion looked fucking dope

I'm an absolute whore for realistic, practical, simple weapons.
    Fuck trash like glass weapons and elven, give me a smooth sharp slab of steel any day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

27. Post #2027
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2011
    26,409 Posts
    I don't care if they where low stats, Fine steel weapons in oblivion looked fucking dope

Fuck trash like glass weapons and elven, give me a smooth sharp slab of steel any day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Funny Funny x 25Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #2028
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts

Yeah I also try to lean towards the more standard materials. Things like Ebony and Dragonbone are fine though. The axes still look HELLA broad. But I guess that's because axes are blunt in the world of Oblivion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When I think about Skyrim's broad ass weapons this comes to mind. This is impractical as raw dicks, even a real life version of the non-Dragonslayer greatsword is still like trying to hit people with a sharpened I-beam, but it's less about what the weapon would do IRL and how it mirrors the characters wielding them. Skyrim weps = big cuz Nords = big
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events

29. Post #2029
    : |
    February 2009
    3,916 Posts
    Is there a mod out there that makes it so reanimated corpses don't dissolve into ash piles?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #2030
    Gold Member

August 2011
    4,030 Posts
    I don't recall that video getting a lot of rabid hate. Actually, opening it, it gets no rabid hate.
    Maybe he was worried he'd get sued, or the quality was lower than the standard evolved later.

Glass should stop being a thing. It was a rare material that IIRC was only found in red mountain. It's also just not a good material for a lot of weapons. Glass wasn't a thing in daggerfall. It's like if amber was found a lot in skyrim. Like it could be a really rare set, like how daedric was in morriwnd, but it's just too common in skyrim.

Also. Machalite (and corrundum, and quicksilver) changes were pretty dumb. Ebony/Glass not being Wood/glass was well explained. In skyrim, we have a bunch of real shit used wrong, and it's misleading. No doubt some dickhead thought they were being clever when they decided green marble would be a great replacement for a light, translucent,shock absorbant material.

They should also not make metal bows. Yes, you can make bows out of metal IRL. Certain metals work, and only when in the right shape. Skyrim doesn't do that. It gives us thick metal bows out of materials known for hardness.

I liked what dagerfall did to some extent. All the metal weapons and armours are just recolours. Somehow more realistic than whatever fuckery skyrim gave us.

31. Post #2031
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    I don't recall that video getting a lot of rabid hate. Actually, opening it, it gets no rabid hate.
    Maybe he was worried he'd get sued, or the quality was lower than the standard evolved later.

Glass should stop being a thing. It was a rare material that IIRC was only found in red mountain. It's also just not a good material for a lot of weapons. Glass wasn't a thing in daggerfall. It's like if amber was found a lot in skyrim. Like it could be a really rare set, like how daedric was in morriwnd, but it's just too common in skyrim.

Also. Machalite (and corrundum, and quicksilver) changes were pretty dumb. Ebony/Glass not being Wood/glass was well explained. In skyrim, we have a bunch of real shit used wrong, and it's misleading. No doubt some dickhead thought they were being clever when they decided green marble would be a great replacement for a light, translucent,shock absorbant material.

They should also not make metal bows. Yes, you can make bows out of metal IRL. Certain metals work, and only when in the right shape. Skyrim doesn't do that. It gives us thick metal bows out of materials known for hardness.

I liked what dagerfall did to some extent. All the metal weapons and armours are just recolours. Somehow more realistic than whatever fuckery skyrim gave us.
    Videos that try to deconstruct things like those often get filled with shitflinging comments from fanboys. When I watched it a while back there were definitely some shitty comments, probably was before they got downvoted though.

I guess marble swords or metal bows doesn't hit me as hard because there's things like people getting shot through the heart with spikes made out of ice that get to keep walking around. Out of all the potentially stupid shit that can go on ingame, a sword being made out of dongers is not very high up on the list of concerns.

The designs being more unique isn't necessarily a bad thing. Not like in Oblivion you could mistake an ebony sword for a iron sword, but the differences weren't as radical as they are in Skyrim. Besides it'd be kind of lame to go to the end of a dungeon for the boss chest and all you get is steel sword but neon green and shiny!!!

Edit: though I do think that Dragonbone is definitely silly as far as the bladed weapons are concerned. Bone can't really have a cutting edge (afaik). It would've been cool if the base of the sword was made out of bone and the edges out of Ebony or Steel or whatever.

32. Post #2032
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    12,875 Posts
    Things like using chairs or any crafting station seems to mess with your scale. I've seen kids get on a cooking pot and become GIANTS.
    There's a mod that fixes this iirc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #2033
    May 2013
    6,501 Posts
    Oh my god, he's finally here...

Fargoth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

34. Post #2034
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    23,817 Posts

Why hire a modeler to make your own custom armor when you could just recolor existing textures?

Bonus edgy pic just incase my armor wasn't edgy enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #2035
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    22,878 Posts
    I like the way that looks more than the default Dwarven armor actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #2036
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,244 Posts
    I like the way that looks more than the default Dwarven armor actually.
    yeah dwarven armor kinda has this strange gold-but-not thing going on, feels weird
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #2037
    October 2013
    789 Posts
    Well to be fair, aside from the stuff you craft, most of it has been sitting in Dwemer ruins for the last few hundred years. It won't be sparkling. Not to mention it's implied that only the Dwemer knew how to make that particular metal so the player being able to make it doesn't exactly make sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #2038
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    8,214 Posts
    Dwarven Black Bow of Fate though.

39. Post #2039
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    yeah dwarven armor kinda has this strange gold-but-not thing going on, feels weird
    I think the problem is the saturation. Compared to other textures in the game, Dwarven ones have some pretty pure colors, and that's before taking into account the constant shader and screen effect changes the game does depending on weather and location.

The gray fits in a little bit better with Skyrim too.

40. Post #2040
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    15,734 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)