1. Post #1961
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    4,943 Posts
    Elder scrolls is like star wars to me.

The shit I like Is cannon. The shit I don't can be ignored. I'll get entrenched over my opinion.

Most of skyrim is in my ignore pile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #1962
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    27,994 Posts
    The "I know you" thing only occurs if your bounty is low enough and you managed to escape the guards and stayed in the wilderness/another hold for long enough.

If you kill a guy, walk out of whiterun and get back in, guards are still going to want you either dead or behind bars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #1963
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    31,980 Posts
    you guys give me purpose in life

"Wait I know you" is triggered if

- The actor isn't alarmed (alarmed by tresspassing, combat, stealing, assault, ect)
    AND
    - The player has crime gold (it runs on subject, but get crime gold is a global variable that always returns the player's crime gold)
    AND
    - The player isn't a jailbreaker
    AND
    [
    It's been 1 day since the last time a guard said "Wait I know you" (Funny enough, this also shares the same cooldown with potential lovers noticing the player wearing Mara's amulet )
    OR
    The bounty is less than the petty crime threshold (Default 100)
    ]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

4. Post #1964
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,661 Posts
    Great news, everyone!

Lady Miraak's voice lines' volume was raised, you should be able to hear her now.

Edited:

you guys give me purpose in life

"Wait I know you" is triggered if

- The actor isn't alarmed (alarmed by tresspassing, combat, stealing, assault, ect)
    AND
    - The player has crime gold (it runs on subject, but get crime gold is a global variable that always returns the player's crime gold)
    AND
    - The player isn't a jailbreaker
    AND
    [
    It's been 1 day since the last time a guard said "Wait I know you" (Funny enough, this also shares the same cooldown with potential lovers noticing the player wearing Mara's amulet )
    OR
    The bounty is less than the petty crime threshold (Default 100)
    ]
    You may wanna change the "S" on the Target tab to "PL" or it won't run on the player.

5. Post #1965
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    15,347 Posts
    The "I know you" thing only occurs if your bounty is low enough and you managed to escape the guards and stayed in the wilderness/another hold for long enough.

If you kill a guy, walk out of whiterun and get back in, guards are still going to want you either dead or behind bars.
    "Wait I know you" just shows up if your bounty is really low. It's incredibly easy to get and I have it in pretty much all holds. Being caught pickpocketing/stealing will cause it all the time and the guards never come for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1966
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    31,980 Posts
    You may wanna change the "S" on the Target tab to "PL" or it won't run on the player.
    Oh this isn't mine, it's bethesda's. This is contributing to the discussion of what triggers guards to say "wait I know you"

Some condition functions don't matter where you run it. Stuff like GetDaysInJail is based on a game value, meaning you can call it on anything and it will give the same results.

Also correction,

It's been 1 day since the last time a guard said "Wait I know you"
    should be

It's been 1 day since the last time that specific guard said "Wait I know you"
    Edited:

Oh going to start a run where my experience gain multiplier is 0, which means I can only level up through training and books.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #1967
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,910 Posts
    Anyone know why I'm getting such pathetic speeds on the nexus? Goes right under 50kb/s and frequently quits half way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome New Zealand Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #1968
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    2,198 Posts

What's causing the water flickering? Faulty ENB?

9. Post #1969
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    31,980 Posts
    well try toggling your enb off and see if it makes any difference

also whats your fps in game, as well as your monitor's refresh rate?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

10. Post #1970
    Still Not GLOD
    May 2013
    1,097 Posts
    i cant watch the video on my phone but iirc you get water flickering issues if you have ipresentinterval=0 regardless of other vsync or fps limiting solutions you might use
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #1971
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    2,198 Posts
    well try toggling your enb off and see if it makes any difference

also whats your fps in game, as well as your monitor's refresh rate?
    Should have thought of that myself... Now I know it's enb related at-least.

Around 40 fps outdoors, on a 60hz monitor.

12. Post #1972
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    31,980 Posts
    Should have thought of that myself... Now I know it's enb related at-least.

Around 40 fps outdoors, on a 60hz monitor.
    alright so your framerate isn't a problem, it is the enb but you might want to check and see if vsync is enabled anyways

Check in enbseries.ini what Value is set for AdaptionTime. Set it at least to 0.05 if its below that Value.
    water flickering is caused by all sorts of things, if you can't find an answer on google you might have to post on reddit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #1973
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    13,610 Posts
    Oh going to start a run where my experience gain multiplier is 0, which means I can only level up through training and books.
    That's a cool idea tbh

14. Post #1974
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    2,198 Posts
    i cant watch the video on my phone but iirc you get water flickering issues if you have ipresentinterval=0 regardless of other vsync or fps limiting solutions you might use
    alright so your framerate isn't a problem, it is the enb but you might want to check and see if vsync is enabled anyways
    Got it fixed, for now at-least. Weren't vsync tho. Rolled back my nvidia driver to an older version, and somehow that seems to have fixed it. I have no clue about why the driver only would affect the water while an enb was active, but w/e, it's all good now. Thanks for the help anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #1975
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    31,980 Posts
    enbs are weird

also for an update on that run where I can only level up my skills from books and training, omfg it's the worst fucking thing ever

leveling up was clearly meant to be a money dump or something. it costs 200 gold to level up a skill from 15 to 16 and 200 gold is a lot when you're level 1 especially when you need like 5 skill ups to go to level 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1976
    January 2011
    606 Posts
    Is there any way you can boost the amount of exp training gives you?

17. Post #1977
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    31,980 Posts
    Is there any way you can boost the amount of xp training gives you?
    training gives you levels, not xp

but I just found a way to edit the cost of training so I can continue my run

Edited:

god, there are a lot of useful game settings.

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php...egory:Settings

too bad that these can't be put in an ini file, only an esp.

18. Post #1978
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,478 Posts
    training gives you levels, not xp

but I just found a way to edit the cost of training so I can continue my run

Edited:

god, there are a lot of useful game settings.

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php...egory:Settings

too bad that these can't be put in an ini file, only an esp.
    I renember there being a mod called SkyTweak that was good for that. Might be wrong though.

Also I kinda wish you got an option to choose whether you learn the skill point by going to the end or something before getting it. I got so many weird miscellaneous levels and with a combat overhaul where every level puts you closer and closer to DRAUGR DEATHLORD shit is pretty serious

19. Post #1979
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,711 Posts
    For those that still play ESO, something interesting is coming:

Further details:

Reddit posted:
    There's a ton of new tilesets. Hlaalu, Redoran (including Under-Skar!), Telvanni, Vivec and Molag Mar, Dunmer strongholds, Velothi (I can see Holamayan, but that might be it), and Morrowind style Dwemer ruins.

That covers pretty much every architectural style in Morrowind, except for Imperial towns and castles, which don't exist since Morrowind isn't an Imperial colony yet. Oddly, Seyda Neen does exist, and is using custom assets that make it look exactly like it does in TES3. I'm sure that's going to be a fun nostalgia trip.

The whole area around Red Mountain appears inaccessible, though the northern ashlands around Urshilaku are, along with Molag Amur. Sheogorad looks to be heavily under construction, but that giant wall of rocks makes me think it may be inaccessible as well.

There's a Redoran town around Andrasreth that didn't exist in Morrowind. There's also a Hlaalu town and a Redoran(?) village near where Caldera will be. Weirdly, Rethan Manor seems to exist, despite the fact that it was built during Morrowind.

The Telvanni towers all have big mushroom caps like the one in Dragonborn. Interested to see how that turns out.

Vivec's foreign quarter appears not to exist yet, which I think is a neat touch. There also seems to be a port/outskirts around the future site of Ebonheart, which is awesome and makes it look more like an actual city.

Finally, a size comparison between Vvardenfell, Wrothgar, and Stonefalls. It's definitely going to be the biggest PvE zone in the game so far, even without Red Mountain being accessible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Waterfox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 15Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #1980
    Still Not GLOD
    May 2013
    1,097 Posts
    I'd be excited just to see an updated take on Vivec's character design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #1981
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    4,268 Posts
    For those that still play ESO, something interesting is coming:
    pictures:

Yes please

22. Post #1982
    May 2013
    7,729 Posts
    I'd be excited just to see an updated take on Vivec's character design.
    I just hope it's not as underwhelming as their Almalexia.

That is supposed to be a divine beauty there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #1983
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,478 Posts

Clearly what TESO needs is a bit of Loverslab guidance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #1984
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,653 Posts

Morrowind's depiction, for those who haven't played it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

25. Post #1985
    February 2009
    1,794 Posts
    I think my favorite thing about the "Wait... I know you." is that if your crime gold is actually petty (i.e. 40 gold) you can just say, "I don't have time for this. Do you?" and they just let you go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1986
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    4,943 Posts
    The best thing about guards has always been retarded/excellent lines.

Daggerfall: HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT!

Morrowind: We're watching you, Scum (In the excellent Dunmer voice they've wrongfully omitted in later games)

Oblivion: STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM.

Skyrim (a collection of mildly amusing, tedious lines)

It's never been a fantastic justice system, though points to skyrim for getting rid of the universal bounty (though maybe daggerfall had something like that)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

27. Post #1987
    October 2013
    1,546 Posts
    The best thing about guards has always been retarded/excellent lines.

Daggerfall: HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT!

Morrowind: We're watching you, Scum (In the excellent Dunmer voice they've wrongfully omitted in later games)

Oblivion: STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM.

It's never been a fantastic justice system, though points to skyrim for getting rid of the universal bounty (though maybe daggerfall had something like that)
    In a way I kind of wish that if you got a high enough bounty in one hold, it should bleed into the next holds. Because surely Jarls and Guards would inform their neighbours if there was a rampaging murderer on the loose
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

28. Post #1988
    Still Not GLOD
    May 2013
    1,097 Posts
    in regards to vivec's appearance    are we supposed to assume hes half chimer half dunmer?   

29. Post #1989
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,653 Posts
    have you seen about those warriors from hammerfell?

they've got currrved swards. cuurrrrved. swwaarrrds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #1990
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    31,980 Posts
    I renember there being a mod called SkyTweak that was good for that. Might be wrong though.
    I have SkyTweak but it doesn't touch base leveling gold for whatever reason, only adept, expert, and master modifiers for leveling costs which is sad because every single stat in that page I linked earlier can be put in SkyTweak.

Also I kinda wish you got an option to choose whether you learn the skill point by going to the end or something before getting it. I got so many weird miscellaneous levels and with a combat overhaul where every level puts you closer and closer to DRAUGR DEATHLORD shit is pretty serious
    This happening to me inspired me to do a trainer only run. I have SkyRE installed aswell as a custom x5 experience gain multiplier. What ended up happening is that I had 150 in smithing, 80 in wayfaring (bullshit perk tree that's based on how many places you've explored), and I kept getting my ass kicked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #1991
    Stupid Sexy Russian
    February 2011
    624 Posts
    Are there any Facepunch guilds around in ESO?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1992
    May 2013
    7,729 Posts
    in regards to vivec's appearance    are we supposed to assume hes half chimer half dunmer?   
    He is and I'm not sure why this is a spoiler
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #1993
    Ott
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,376 Posts
    Are there any Facepunch guilds around in ESO?
    I'm pretty sure there was one but I haven't logged in in months.

34. Post #1994
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    27,994 Posts
    I just encountered a really annoying bug where my character model isn't aligned with my hitbox anymore.

Going in third person and turning the camera around causes the model to disappear, and I bump into shit way before I actually come into contact with them.

Anyone knows a fix ?

Edited:

Okay the solution was to use player.setscale to force the model to realign.

35. Post #1995
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,478 Posts
    I just encountered a really annoying bug where my character model isn't aligned with my hitbox anymore.

Going in third person and turning the camera around causes the model to disappear, and I bump into shit way before I actually come into contact with them.

Anyone knows a fix ?

Edited:

Okay the solution was to use player.setscale to force the model to realign.
    Yeah setscale doesn't seem to work properly with third/first person. It's like it applies it only to one side of the camera toggles.

36. Post #1996
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    27,994 Posts
    Yeah setscale doesn't seem to work properly with third/first person. It's like it applies it only to one side of the camera toggles.
    I didn't apply it at all to begin with, though. The issue just kind of showed up out of nowhere, and the solution was to setscale to some dumb number and then back to 1, which forced the hitbox to realign.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #1997
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    31,980 Posts
    That feeling when you've made more unique rewards than reasons for the player to receive unique rewards.

Every time I get writer's block I just make another unique enchantment. And I get writer's block a lot.

38. Post #1998
    May 2013
    7,729 Posts
    That feeling when you've made more unique rewards than reasons for the player to receive unique rewards.

Every time I get writer's block I just make another unique enchantment. And I get writer's block a lot.
    You could always go Morrowind style and have some unique loot hidden in completely unmarked, hidden locations with little to no hints or explanation
    Treasure hunter as fuck

39. Post #1999
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    31,980 Posts
    You could always go Morrowind style and have some unique loot hidden in completely unmarked, hidden locations with little to no hints or explanation
    Treasure hunter as fuck
    I already had an easter egg planned out where you find 3 skulls and it does something that affects the story, but I think it will just grant a mostly cosmetic reward. I really don't like giving out rewards that most players won't get, especially when they're decently useful.

40. Post #2000
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,478 Posts
    I didn't apply it at all to begin with, though. The issue just kind of showed up out of nowhere, and the solution was to setscale to some dumb number and then back to 1, which forced the hitbox to realign.
    Things like using chairs or any crafting station seems to mess with your scale. I've seen kids get on a cooking pot and become GIANTS.

I already had an easter egg planned out where you find 3 skulls and it does something that affects the story, but I think it will just grant a mostly cosmetic reward. I really don't like giving out rewards that most players won't get, especially when they're decently useful.
    Yeah, things like these are better off being more obvious if they actually have a large impact, or if they're minor they should just have a little "good job guy" effect.