1. Post #1881
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    13,921 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #1882
    Ott
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    5,729 Posts
    Characters may refer to her as male, that's because I need to edit a lot of lines, that will come at a later point (waiting on you Adobe, to release Adobe VoCo)
    Oh man Adobe VoCo is going to so great for modding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #1883

July 2011
    1,059 Posts
    This is going into lore territory, and I'm not very familiar with this, but if Bethesda going to follow through, this whole discussion is going to be useless anyways because the Thalmor are propheted to win.
    Cheydinhal fell to bandits if I recall, and Bravil erupted into massive violence after two skooma cartel's waged war on each other. I think Titus wants to resume the war with the Thalmor, but the council doesn't. Motierre is going to be disastrous for the empire. With the empire's peacekeeping forces stuck in Skyrim, and the military stuck on the border of Valenwood and Elswyr, Cyrodiil's been ripe for nearly all types of destabilization efforts. Regardless of who regains control of skyrim, I don't see the empire pushing through this.

The thalmor themselves don't seem to have as many forces as they lead you to believe. Rising Threat describes their modus operandi as collect intel, keep your force as large as possible to intimidate the enemy, and stay mobile to obscure how many armies they had.

This short, savage campaign was won by the Thalmor even before first blood was drawn. They waited and watched their enemy, they chose where and when they would attack. The Thalmor were able to bring the full fury of their small contingent of Altmer and Bosmer to any of several Imperial strongholds.

Contrary to the posturing of the Empire's generals, the Thalmor did not command greater numbers. They had better spies and greater mobility, and knew how best to use them. This is the menace that the Thalmor represent! They are cruel and merciless, but they are no fools! They are devious and subtle, and so very patient.
    Skyrim isn't the only place they're operating. While peacekeeping forces are tied down there, they've been stirring unrest in cyrodiil and trying to ingratiate themselves with the nobles of the remaining nations.

4. Post #1884
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    It'd be nice if TESVI took a more direct route and followed up directly after Skyrim, like a 10-20 year timeframe taking into account any one of the victory endings and having you go all Pelinal on these elf fucks right in their fancy glass bug house turf.

I'm still 99% Stormcloak since it's infinitely more interesting, dramatic and complicated, but Imperials are less risky in that regard and would be easier to write and play with as far as Bethesda goes.

GRRR FUCKIN' NINJA'D
    Follower pls so I can add her to my harem and download many LowerSlab mods ;^)))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1885
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,885 Posts
    and khajiit Sherlock Holmes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 40Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #1886
    March 2016
    253 Posts
    Skyrim:

The only game where you can do absolutely anything that's very stupid and no one criticize you for doing it (Probably because they're scared of you about getting Fus Ro Dah'd off to Oblivion.)

7. Post #1887
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,642 Posts
    Skyrim:

The only game where you can do absolutely anything that's very stupid and no one criticize you for doing it (Probably because they're scared of you about getting Fus Ro Dah'd off to Oblivion.)
    What kind of stupid thing are you talking about, because you can get screamed at for doing as little as nudging a bucket with your toe.

8. Post #1888
    March 2016
    253 Posts
    What kind of stupid thing are you talking about, because you can get screamed at for doing as little as nudging a bucket with your toe.
    That's why there this little thing called "I don't care who you are, I'm going to separate your head off your body because you ruined my fun time."

9. Post #1889
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,731 Posts
    Wish list for TES VI: No city walls so we can have levitation back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

10. Post #1890
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    Wish list for TES VI: No city walls so we can have levitation back
    They could just bring levitation back and add those no interaction transition doors they had for caves and such, except all over the city limits. Which is probably what they'll do if they ever bring levitation back.

11. Post #1891
    September 2012
    4,307 Posts
    Or, if you wanted to have it be so there is a lore reason, you could have magical barriers protecting towns so you can't just waltz in using magic.

Something to do with the threat of this game and mages putting up barriers that dispel most magic to protect towns blah blah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1892
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,925 Posts
    Tribunal had this anti-levitation zone if I recall correctly. Can't remember if it stopped super jump and the like. But you could probably just take that into a modern game, put it around a city, and call it a normal city.

That said, of course I want open cities.
    Big cities too.

Like, I don't think dagerfall-like scale is really needed for the world, but we should get something many times the size of morrowind/skyrim/oblivion. Like somewhere between 4X and 8x would be a good start.

and then put more emphasis on means to get around. Like horses, carriages, boots of blinding speed, mage teleportation services, Dwemer bygones that nobody trusts. Transportive Daedra you can summon that are still somewhat more trustworthy that dwemer shit.

quadropedal Khajiit (CatLand), Stilt striders (morrowind), underwater currents (black marsh), somefuckingSwordTechnique (hammerfell) Litters carried by your goblin slaves (Summerset Isles) Probably some kind of giant bird or bat (Valenwood) or an ape (valenwood) or something I've missed out on that's really plain and uninteresting (High rock. But I wanna say Wyverns) or giant seahorses (Mermer)

There are so many options that can make bigger better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1893
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,060 Posts
    Tribunal had this anti-levitation zone if I recall correctly. Can't remember if it stopped super jump and the like. But you could probably just take that into a modern game, put it around a city, and call it a normal city.

That said, of course I want open cities.
    Big cities too.

Like, I don't think dagerfall-like scale is really needed for the world, but we should get something many times the size of morrowind/skyrim/oblivion. Like somewhere between 4X and 8x would be a good start.

and then put more emphasis on means to get around. Like horses, carriages, boots of blinding speed, mage teleportation services, Dwemer bygones that nobody trusts. Transportive Daedra you can summon that are still somewhat more trustworthy that dwemer shit.

quadropedal Khajiit (CatLand), Stilt striders (morrowind), underwater currents (black marsh), somefuckingSwordTechnique (hammerfell) Litters carried by your goblin slaves (Summerset Isles) Probably some kind of giant bird or bat (Valenwood) or an ape (valenwood) or something I've missed out on that's really plain and uninteresting (High rock. But I wanna say Wyverns) or giant seahorses (Mermer)

There are so many options that can make bigger better.
    Cities twice as large as Whiterun with no load boundaries and an appropriate number of NPCs would be great in my book. Bethesda has actually already done a couple of the things y'all have mentioned in this thread for Fallout 4: there's an invisible load boundary extending above the wall of Goodneighbor that lets you enter the town if you choose to jetpack over; and Goodneighbor, Vault 88, and Diamond City all have unnamed 'Resident' NPCs which help make the places feel much more lively.

14. Post #1894
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,470 Posts
    Dragon's Dogma but first person and with more to do off the beaten path.

15. Post #1895
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    I don't think Bethesda has to assume any one game's identity to make a good game. They're already good but this might be because I don't really care about scale that much, atleast not when I think back to Morrowind.

Morrowind's scale was scaley, but you had a thousand and one --seemingly randomly generated for what they were worth-- NPCs with the exact same dialogues, the exact same responses to those dialogues and so on and so forth. There were very few entirely unique NPCs.

Dummy NPCs that do nothing and just exist to give the illusion of scale are fine and I do agree that Bethesda should've thrown a few more of those in there, but the big city filled with essentially faceless people trick in Morrowind didn't really do it for me.

The way they're going about things is fine, taking into account what they're working with. They're just limited because they're either too lazy to go all the way on a big city with not 100% unique but still standalone individuals or they can't deal with the tech limitations in place because of their engine and how it all has to work not only for PCs but consoles too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #1896
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,821 Posts
    GOBLINS ARE WEAK TO FIRE
    WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS ARISEN
    GOLBINS ARE WEAK TO FIRE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #1897
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,843 Posts
    GOBLINS ARE WEAK TO FIRE
    WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS ARISEN
    GOLBINS ARE WEAK TO FIRE
    THE WIND IS PUSHING ME
    INTO THE CLOUDS AGAIN
    I FEEL THE BLOOD IN MY VEINS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Vivaldi Satellite Provider Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

18. Post #1898
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,620 Posts
    THE WIND IS PUSHING ME
    INTO THE CLOUDS AGAIN
    I was so disappointed when Dark Arisen got rid of that song on the title screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1899
    THE WIND IS PUSHING ME
    INTO THE CLOUDS AGAIN

FRYING INTO
    FWEEEEE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #1900
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    14,838 Posts
    You mean the travelling Khajiiti caravans that sell drugs?
    Wait they sell Skooma?

Maybe I haven't noticed because every time I see one my instinct is to run up to them, immediately go to the trade menu, sell all my misc shit or extra weapons, and leave

Edited:

Climbing up ogres and beating the shit out of them would be a lot more interesting in first person.

21. Post #1901
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    16,467 Posts
    Now I wish Skyrim's combat system could be more moddable to do more than rolls/dodges, hitbox sizes, turning on attacks, and AI/damage variables, because having something more refined and skillful would be fun. Or at least turning its combat into something resembling of games with better combat.

Then again this kind of topic crops up every week or two.

22. Post #1902
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,821 Posts
    Now I wish Skyrim's combat system could be more moddable to do more than rolls/dodges, hitbox sizes, turning on attacks, and AI/damage variables, because having something more refined and skillful would be fun. Or at least turning its combat into something resembling of games with better combat.

Then again this kind of topic crops up every week or two.
    Give me might and magic levels of kicking and all is forgiven BETHESDA
    Might and magic, Mount and blade mixed with Dark souls and we all good.

This topic comes up every week because we don't do stuff like /vg/esg/
    We don't have namefags who commit to posting their waifu every morning asking what's happening.
    So most comments revolve around they same things we've been discussing since 11.11.11

23. Post #1903
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,076 Posts
    I was so disappointed when Dark Arisen got rid of that song on the title screen.
    theres a mod for that

24. Post #1904
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,661 Posts
    Guys, some of the lines were a bit low in volume, so my VA will increase them, and also re-do some of the lines, so look forward to the next update of Lady Miraak
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #1905
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    16,467 Posts
    Give me might and magic levels of kicking and all is forgiven BETHESDA
    Might and magic, Mount and blade mixed with Dark souls and we all good.

This topic comes up every week because we don't do stuff like /vg/esg/
    We don't have namefags who commit to posting their waifu every morning asking what's happening.
    So most comments revolve around they same things we've been discussing since 11.11.11
    Unless you modified the dungeons to take advantage of kicking by adding death traps and such, it really wouldn't mean much even if you could jumpkick someone in the face unless you kick them off of a cliff or something. Modifying sword and melee combat into something more fluid like Dark Messiah would be great, or at least making it more consistent like Dark Souls, but I imagine that's way easier said than done. Especially for Special without a fully updated SKSE yet.

26. Post #1906
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    Thus far Skyrim with Wildcat, TK Dodge and Mortal Enemies has been pretty best. It's still very Skyrimy, which is something that most combat overhaul mods lacked. It's way more visceral, getting a combo chain on someone that staggers them and wounds their arm so the next time they do a forward power attack they just flop, or TK dodging into an enemies back while they're power attacking for a 75% damage boost that just instagibs them is very fun.

There is no TK dodge on SE though therefore SE is bad

I'm trying out Ordinator soon after I'm done with this playthrough. I wanted to just use it, but the way swords make your enemies do less damage??? and maces buff your friends??? and weird shit like that turned me off big time, while things like the dagger and shieldless onehander perks turn me on big time.

Wish there was just a perk mod that added extra playstyles or specialization bonuses without making shit too strange.

27. Post #1907

September 2015
    68 Posts
    still waiting for a game to properly pick up a sword fighting system like in chivalry

(cut to 3:50)

as it stands right now anything is better than the click and kill that skyrim is

28. Post #1908
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,352 Posts
    nah theres far more norse art i would've preferred to see; skyrim's is the most sublte and light representation of norse culture, but i guess that's really just due to scale

a lot of the cool locales are in skyrim, just so small that the whole "grandiose impressiveness" just isnt there

plus the draw distances mean you cant really get the same looming awe that you get from, say, and i'm gonna use witcher 3 as an example again, in this picture, where you really feel the massive size of the environment even if its actually not as big as it seems

would've been lovely to see markarth like this

rather than the cramped little maze of a city thats smaller than most real world mansions
    Doesn't TESO relatively achieve this kind of scale with its cities? Compared to Skyrim, at least.

Blame 7th Gen consoles.

Edited:

Actually honestly when I think about it I'd rather just blame Bethesda. Morrowind and Oblivion had decent size towns compared to Skyrim's, and the former was on weaker hardware.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

29. Post #1909
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    Dennab
    May 2009
    22,717 Posts
    Doesn't TESO relatively achieve this kind of scale with its cities? Compared to Skyrim, at least.

Blame 7th Gen consoles.

Edited:

Actually honestly when I think about it I'd rather just blame Bethesda. Morrowind and Oblivion had decent size towns compared to Skyrim's, and the former was on weaker hardware.
    Well that's because the models then has low memory usage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1910
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,933 Posts
    Well that's because the models then has low memory usage.
    LOD

31. Post #1911
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,998 Posts
    there's no easy way to migrate from NMM to MO is there?

the NMM importer crashes MO when i use it

32. Post #1912
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,843 Posts
    there's no easy way to migrate from NMM to MO is there?

the NMM importer crashes MO when i use it
    Yeah, you're better off manually doing it.

33. Post #1913
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,660 Posts
    still waiting for a game to properly pick up a sword fighting system like in chivalry

as it stands right now anything is better than the click and kill that skyrim is
    Its so fucking jittery
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #1914
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    I've started making female chars(waifus) in Skyrim and I got this one that I'm pretty happy with;

but like not entirely. I had fun though, it was a nice change from just angry big beard man.

Is there any way to steal a NPC's face? I saw one that looks like would be a decent template to start from and edit for another playthrough.

I know usually they're just in \meshes\actors\character\facegendata\facegeom\ and then it's Skyrim.esm or whatever, but this one isn't there, nor does it have a .bsa.

35. Post #1915
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,455 Posts

Imagine a TES game with this kind of combat
    Probably impossible on Gamebryo though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #1916
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,266 Posts
    Imagine a TES game with this kind of combat
    Probably impossible on Gamebryo though.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamebryo

Not really. As an engine, it can do whatever you want it to do. Especially with how modular it is, you can easily extend the applications of it if you know how to code it.

Better combat is the addition of more animations for a wider variety of swings, hit detection of weapon clash vs flesh hit, animations for recoil, parry, whatever, and a damage / blood model for various situations.

It can be done, but I don't think Bethesda knows 100% what they're doing with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #1917
    : |
    February 2009
    3,893 Posts
    I've started making female chars(waifus) in Skyrim and I got this one that I'm pretty happy with;

but like not entirely. I had fun though, it was a nice change from just angry big beard man.

Is there any way to steal a NPC's face? I saw one that looks like would be a decent template to start from and edit for another playthrough.

I know usually they're just in \meshes\actors\character\facegendata\facegeom\ and then it's Skyrim.esm or whatever, but this one isn't there, nor does it have a .bsa.
    To me, she looks like Carl from the Walking Dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #1918
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamebryo

Not really. As an engine, it can do whatever you want it to do. Especially with how modular it is, you can easily extend the applications of it if you know how to code it.

Better combat is the addition of more animations for a wider variety of swings, hit detection of weapon clash vs flesh hit, animations for recoil, parry, whatever, and a damage / blood model for various situations.

It can be done, but I don't think Bethesda knows 100% what they're doing with it.
    At this point Bethesda does have a lot under its belt, and Fallout 4 was an example that they know how to make a functional and fun gameplay experience. Opinions of story, dialogue and design elements aside, FO4 was a really fun shooter and power armor in that game felt like something ripped out of WH40k Space Marine or someshit, it was just really good.

It might just be a matter of not wanting to overcomplicate the experience. Saying they're dumbing down is something I think is 100% stupid when I see those videos on YT and shit, but each installment has gotten simpler and the overall scale of things has also gone down a bit.

I do want deeper combat but Skyrim's combat was actually pretty decent. You had light attacks, strong attacks, blocking and parrying/bashes. That alone is enough to provide a fun combat experience, it's just a matter of how you handle it from there. Dark Souls for example has all 4 of those plus dodging and it's an insanely fun game.

Mods like Wildcat that deepen these four features alone are enough to make Skyrim really fun to play, and I hope Beth's looking into making what they have better than just simplifying stuff again or trying to get complex, neither of which are likely to end well when you take everything they have now into account.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1919
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,470 Posts
    Skyrim's combat is better than Oblivion's. Oblivion didn't have shield-bashing. Morrowind's was dice-rolling with the illusion of realtime, which isn't to my tastes, sorry to say. So we're on an upward trend. TES 6 is going to really set the tone for the company, I feel. Whether it's a big improvement, a retread, or a mix of improvements and downgrades like Fallout 4 was. What they bring next is going to show how they react to the fanbase's discussion and how they react to their relatively recent mainstream exposure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

40. Post #1920
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    16,172 Posts
    Bought Morrowind during the sale, gonna try it out tonight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)