1. Post #1841
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    The redguards I'm talking about are the redguards that are looking for the other redguard in whiterun (I chose this example in particular because I honestly can't think of any other redguards that actually live in a city, feel free to correct me.) the guards mention that they (the Alik'r Warriors, although now that I think about it it may be because they're armed) are not allowed into the city. The argonians are not at all allowed into windhelm, they were forced to live in the docks (you can read that and see that every argonian in that city is in the docks/outside the main city).
    The Khajits were my mistake. I was under the impression the caravans weren't allowed in because, once again, xenophobia.

I'd also like to mention that just because Ulfric ""accepted"" the Dark Elves doesn't mean he did it because he wanted to. How badly do you think people would react if Ulfric just downright refused to accept shelter from the Dark Elves, a people that have lost most of their homeland to a gigantic volcano eruption followed by an invasion by batshit crazy lizard-people?

It's no coincidence that the most you see of race diversity are bandits. Bandits aren't very discriminatory, they just want to wreak havoc/steal/exort money out of people, they don't care for who you are, which is why you see way more Argonian/Khajit/Orc bandits than normal citizens. Heck, outside of Markath , Orcs were kinda forced to retreat to their strongholds specifically because the people of skyrim hated them and were cruel to them.

Honestly, it seems pretty obvious that skyrim is an incredibly racist and xenophobic place. That's not to say they don't deserve freedom, they totally do and skyrim is a very culturally different land from the others, they have every right to freedom, but they really picked the shittiest of times to rebel agaisnt the empire, and it's pretty clear that ulfric wants a skyrim made by nords for the nords, which is awful since skyrim may come to be the best hope humans have agaisnt the elves.
    Doesn't the guard say to the Alik'r that "after what you did here you're lucky you're not in jail" or something like that? They might've been too forceful when searching or something, cuz for example there's two Redguards living right there in Whiterun*, guy who asks you to get family sword and his angry wife, dunno their names.

Argonians also are allowed into the city, you as lizard can walk in for example, it's just that as far as living arrangements they're forced into the docks. Not to pull any punches here either but one of them is a drug addict who asks you to steal drugs for him.

What I don't get is why we're bringing this up like it's something actually worth talking about in the grand scheme of things as far as the Stormcloaks and their goals go. Every race in Tamriel is racist, except maybe the Imperials but after throwing the entire Nord race under the bus it's kind of in doubt for me, i.e the dark elves are so xenophobic that they hate other dark elves not native to Morrowind, and examples like these apply to every race. Why single the Nords out specifically for being racist? The Thalmor are so racist they want to kill every single race that isn't them or the wood elves, and they use the words "purity" and "race supremacy" while doing so.

I do agree that it's a shit time, but it's a rebellion motivated by anger at the Concordat and how Torygg sold out despite the disagreements from the individual Holds. Not much logic or planning is gonna apply besides "how hard can we fuck these Imperials up".

2. Post #1842
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,300 Posts
    Have you guys forgotten about this legendary man that lives in Whiterun who is also a Redguard. Clearly not enough time spent in the Cloud District.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #1843
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    14,828 Posts
    Have you guys forgotten about this legendary man that lives in Whiterun who is also a Redguard. Clearly not enough time spent in the Cloud District.

More like he's #1 on my is-going-to-fucking-die list as soon as I see him so he ends up dead and I forget about his existence until his wife starts bitching at me and she gets the same fate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #1844
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,661 Posts
    More like he's #1 on my is-going-to-fucking-die list as soon as I see him so he ends up dead and I forget about his existence until his wife starts bitching at me and she gets the same fate.
    His wife bitches at him too. He's the Adoring Fan of Skyrim, but in reverse.

Also, my VA got some acting done (nothing to show at the moment) but I already decided on her face:

And Nexus users are already eating it up.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

5. Post #1845
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,639 Posts
    I honestly wouldn't take the "Skyrim belongs to the Nords" comment too seriously considering it's just a bit of fluff they wrote in and clearly didn't spend a lot of time working out. Everyone says it including blokes who would otherwise defend imperials in their NPC-specific dialogue.

Doesn't mean that there isn't a good bit of latent xenophobia in some of their actions but they basically justify it in the game the same way xenophobes justify it IRL: their justification is that their dislike of foreigners is limited solely to the lazy and the criminals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #1846
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    I honestly wouldn't take the "Skyrim belongs to the Nords" comment too seriously considering it's just a bit of fluff they wrote in and clearly didn't spend a lot of time working out. Everyone says it including blokes who would otherwise defend imperials in their NPC-specific dialogue.

Doesn't mean that there isn't a good bit of latent xenophobia in some of their actions but they basically justify it in the game the same way xenophobes justify it IRL: their justification is that their dislike of foreigners is limited solely to the lazy and the criminals.
    Xenophobes IRL can look at data to set themselves straight, but in Skyrim it's not like you can pull up google and look stuff up, Nords only have two things straight: The Imperials fucking dumped them, and the High Elves are hunting them down. Even if you're perfectly level-headed, realizing those two things and then realizing that the Thalmor/Empire both operate on a basis of spies to decide if they wanna jail your ass and how to wreck you from there, you're gonna be pretty wary of other people.

I recall in Riften some Khajiit shows up when you go to rescue Esbern. I was all like "wow a cat!" then she tries to kill you cuz she's another Thalmor pawn. The fear isn't entirely unjustified.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #1847
    Gold Member

August 2011
    3,919 Posts
    Eh, I never saw the Bosmer or Khajiit as that racist (well, Khajiit were bad in morrowind, but everyone was a dick to you in morrowind), and the bretons only really have trouble with Orcs. and I think one of the selling points of the imperials was their charisma to all other races.

I think, every race has some thing that makes them individually superior to another. IE, Don't fight a redguard, that altmer will maul you in magic, unless your a breton who's highly resistant to magic, the Khajiit and Argonian will kill you before you see them ETC.

The imperials have nothing combat wise.
    A-They get along well with everyone, and can use everyone to their strengths (recruiting orcish smiths, for example)
    B-Their Logistics are top notch.

I'd really like to play a tes game where the Imperials have tons of bonuses with logistics, and recruiting tons of people to clear out a dungeon for you is totaly an option that's even easier for imperials. Or where you can just, talk the bandits down. Convince the sect of canibal,vampire daedra worshipers that you've got their best intentions in mind when you ask them to surrender.

8. Post #1848
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    11,923 Posts
    I don't want to be that guy and say "all Khajiits are thieves"

But in Skyrim, it seems that every single one has something fishy or shady about them. Like, way to play into the stereotype, guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

9. Post #1849
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,537 Posts

"Reguards for Ulfric"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #1850

July 2011
    1,058 Posts
    I'd also like to mention that just because Ulfric ""accepted"" the Dark Elves doesn't mean he did it because he wanted to. How badly do you think people would react if Ulfric just downright refused to accept shelter from the Dark Elves, a people that have lost most of their homeland to a gigantic volcano eruption followed by an invasion by batshit crazy lizard-people?
    Just a reminder that Ulfric didn't allow the current group of elves into the city. That was one of his predecessors.(Probably his father's father or that guy's father). The flight from morrowind took place in 4E20. Skyrim takes place in 4E200. He seems way too involved with the war to care about anything else in his city really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #1851
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,480 Posts
    His wife bitches at him too. He's the Adoring Fan of Skyrim, but in reverse.

Also, my VA got some acting done (nothing to show at the moment) but I already decided on her face:

And Nexus users are already eating it up.

You have a thing for smooth round faces.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1852
    December 2009
    398 Posts

But in Skyrim, it seems that every single one has something fishy or shady about them. Like, way to play into the stereotype, guys.
    Kharjo is a pure, sweet boy. He's one of the few NPCs that shows legitimate concern for your well-being when he sends you on a quest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

13. Post #1853
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,821 Posts
    Kharjo is a pure, sweet boy. He's one of the few NPCs that shows legitimate concern for your well-being when he sends you on a quest.
    Skyrim needs more bro-ness
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #1854
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,537 Posts
    I love how few NPCs there are in these games that you can actually establish a relationship with.

15. Post #1855
    August 2013
    147 Posts
    Doesn't the guard say to the Alik'r that "after what you did here you're lucky you're not in jail" or something like that? They might've been too forceful when searching or something, cuz for example there's two Redguards living right there in Whiterun*, guy who asks you to get family sword and his angry wife, dunno their names.

Argonians also are allowed into the city, you as lizard can walk in for example, it's just that as far as living arrangements they're forced into the docks. Not to pull any punches here either but one of them is a drug addict who asks you to steal drugs for him.

What I don't get is why we're bringing this up like it's something actually worth talking about in the grand scheme of things as far as the Stormcloaks and their goals go. Every race in Tamriel is racist, except maybe the Imperials but after throwing the entire Nord race under the bus it's kind of in doubt for me, i.e the dark elves are so xenophobic that they hate other dark elves not native to Morrowind, and examples like these apply to every race. Why single the Nords out specifically for being racist? The Thalmor are so racist they want to kill every single race that isn't them or the wood elves, and they use the words "purity" and "race supremacy" while doing so.

I do agree that it's a shit time, but it's a rebellion motivated by anger at the Concordat and how Torygg sold out despite the disagreements from the individual Holds. Not much logic or planning is gonna apply besides "how hard can we fuck these Imperials up".
    Wow, I completely forgot about those two! I dun goofed.

Argonians are different. You, the player, as an argonian, are allowed because bethesda doesn't want to interrupt the gameflow. They're allowed in solitude and Riften (which suprises me since it's stormcloak held, even if barely) but in Windhelm they're sent to the docks.

I also don't mean to say nords are the most racist. I don't mean to single them out, but rather to include them. You'll see the argument evolved from "nords aren't racist" to "nords aren't the only racist people" which is true, but it's a different argument than the one we started with.

That's all to say that the nords have every single right and should definetly fight the corrupt and, at times, inefficient empire, especially since it's already dying out, but atleast they should let the empire regain some troops before fucking them, they just barely retook the imperial city, and that's a huge blow. That's why the Stormcloak side is the one that's going to fuck skyrim up the furthest. As it stands, Ulfric Stormcloak has two choices, either he:
    1 - Accepts peace with the Empire/Never rebels in the first place and once the thalmor are fought back he fights/negotiates his way to freedom
    2 - Does not accept a weak empire leading them and thus, decides it'd be best to just jump ship before it sinks, even if it involves blood

Obviously the 2nd choice (the one he picked) causes the most problems and accelerates the Thalmor's process. I'm not criticising Ulfric for rebelling, I'm criticising him for rebelling at such a shitty time and for being the most inflexible leader ever. I also pointed out their racism because there's alot of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Portugal Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #1856
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    14,828 Posts

What about those dudes just sitting outside Solitude(?) who are just there to trade but are shunned from the city?

Not sure if it's actually Solitude but my last Skyrim save was in the middle of Dawnguard so I can't start it up and check real quick.

17. Post #1857
    December 2013
    169 Posts
    What about those dudes just sitting outside Solitude(?) who are just there to trade but are shunned from the city?

Not sure if it's actually Solitude but my last Skyrim save was in the middle of Dawnguard so I can't start it up and check real quick.
    You mean the travelling Khajiiti caravans that sell drugs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #1858
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,464 Posts
    Wow, I completely forgot about those two! I dun goofed.

Argonians are different. You, the player, as an argonian, are allowed because bethesda doesn't want to interrupt the gameflow. They're allowed in solitude and Riften (which suprises me since it's stormcloak held, even if barely) but in Windhelm they're sent to the docks.

I also don't mean to say nords are the most racist. I don't mean to single them out, but rather to include them. You'll see the argument evolved from "nords aren't racist" to "nords aren't the only racist people" which is true, but it's a different argument than the one we started with.

That's all to say that the nords have every single right and should definetly fight the corrupt and, at times, inefficient empire, especially since it's already dying out, but atleast they should let the empire regain some troops before fucking them, they just barely retook the imperial city, and that's a huge blow. That's why the Stormcloak side is the one that's going to fuck skyrim up the furthest. As it stands, Ulfric Stormcloak has two choices, either he:
    1 - Accepts peace with the Empire/Never rebels in the first place and once the thalmor are fought back he fights/negotiates his way to freedom
    2 - Does not accept a weak empire leading them and thus, decides it'd be best to just jump ship before it sinks, even if it involves blood

Obviously the 2nd choice (the one he picked) causes the most problems and accelerates the Thalmor's process. I'm not criticising Ulfric for rebelling, I'm criticising him for rebelling at such a shitty time and for being the most inflexible leader ever. I also pointed out their racism because there's alot of it.
    People have a number of ideas why Argonians are allowed in Riften but not in Windhelm. Hadvar initially assumes an Argonian DB is going to Riften which implies there's been a sizable Agonian reputation there for a while. Probably due to the relative warmth and the lakefront being more comfortable for them. Another idea people have is that Argonians aren't allowed into Windhelm because their main political enemies, the Dunmer, are a larger and (even if very begrudgingly) protected minority already in the city. If a bunch of Argonians and Dunmer crossed paths, it could easily get ugly. The Dunmer were invited during a crisis by not the Argonians. The city siding with the Dunmer could be seen as picking on the weaker party, while condemning the Dunmer could be seen as a betrayal by the city that took them in in their time of need. Either way would look bad for Windhelm so rather than allow them the opportunity to start a riot, it was better to keep them apart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

19. Post #1859
    : |
    February 2009
    3,893 Posts
    I've just started modding Skyrim (original) for the first time. Which of the best AI overhaul mods work well with each together, and which would you guys say is the best compatible city expansion mod (i.e. Immersive Cities)?

20. Post #1860
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    IMO it wasn't Ulfric's first choice to rebel. It was a consequence of how Torygg handled the Concordat when it was presented to Skyrim.

Skyrim is a province composed of Holds, which all have their own independent rule. They still each answer to the ruling High King, but it is the High King's job to take into account their individual wants and find the best course of action in his final decisions. Ulfric and the other Jarls just wanted to walk out.

Torygg straight up ignored this and just said "we're in the empire boys" and threw bribe money around so people would chill.

When this happens, the Empire and Torygg go "fuck you time to bow down" and Ulfric refuses, killing him and setting off the rebellion.

This is how it played out as far as I know. It obviously puts Ulfric in a bad light for freaking the fuck out, but the Empire and Torygg completely forgetting the Nord way of politics and just throwing it all in the bin was a really bad decision. Already the Concordat was designed to divide the Imperials and the Nords, and the fools didn't try to minimize the damage it would deal; they maximized it. Ulfric and the Stormcloaks are the result. This could've gone down a lot better.

I also don't think the Nords are just complete fucking weaklings. They're the strongest melee race both canonically and gameplay wise. They're holding a province that is straight up inhospitable to anyone who isn't conditioned to the extreme cold within, a province whose borders are only breached by bumpy roads surrounded by hills and harsh terrain.*

When the Empire says "we're keeping the dominion out of Skyrim" Like fucking are you? I turn around and I literally trip over the Thalmor purity squads taking away Nords into their supremacy dungeon. When I get up I got a death gank crew hunting me down for glancing in the general direction of the Shrine of Talos in Whiterun.

If a bunch of Argonians and Dunmer crossed paths, it could easily get ugly. The Dunmer were invited during a crisis by not the Argonians. The city siding with the Dunmer could be seen as picking on the weaker party, while condemning the Dunmer could be seen as a betrayal by the city that took them in in their time of need. Either way would look bad for Windhelm so rather than allow them the opportunity to start a riot, it was better to keep them apart.
    This is actually really reasonable and sounds a lot more sensible than "they're just fuckin racists!!", specially when taking into account that it wasn't Ulfric who gave the okay to the Gray Quarter.
    It's still a war status issue, considering how many quests are based on the guards being spread too thin to handle literally anything, such as Blood on the Ice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #1861
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,033 Posts
    There's only 27 named Khajiits in Skyrim.

J'darr is a skooma addict
    J'datharr is an assassin
    J'kier is a hircine hunter
    j'zhar is a dead skooma addict
    J'zargo is a mage*
    Ahkari is a skooma trader
    Atahbah is a thieve's guild fence
    Ahjisi is a bandit
    Dro'marash is a warrior*
    Kesh worships stanky pus daedra
    Kharjo is a merchant*
    Khayla is a guard*
    M'aiq is a joke
    Ma'dran is a guard*
    Ma'jhad is a warrior*
    Ma'randru-jo is a fucking asshole
    Ma'tasarr is a hircine hunter
    Ma'zaka is a miner*
    Ra'jirr is a bandit
    Ra'kheran is a bandit
    Ra'zhinda is a guard*
    Ri'saad is a merchant*
    Shavari is a Thalmor spy
    Tsavani is Thalmor and a druggie
    Tsrasuna is a bandit
    Vasha is probably a rapist murderer
    Zaynabi is a thieve's guild fence

of these, 18 are pretty terrible, and of the other 9, like 7 or 8 either dabble in skooma or moon sugar trade, or are caravan guards for the people who sell skooma or moon sugar and don't even have any conversation dialogue. J'zargo is like the only tolerable Khajiit (and even then he's pretty arrogant) and that's because he's a follower

so yeah the stereotypes are pretty accurate and that kind of just goes to show some of skyrim's thematic problems
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

22. Post #1862
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,821 Posts
    M'aiq is a joke
    How dare you.
    M'aiq is a saint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

23. Post #1863
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    all khajiit suck
    What about the argonians? In the Oblivion Crisis they supposedly held their own since Black Marsh is such a rancid shithole not even the demons could stand it, so that's cool. I know there's happy argonian, indifferent argonian and "give me DRUGS now" argonian outside Windhelm, but that's about the only ones I renember.

Oh, and Wuujeta(?) who wanted you to help her get over her dank Skooma addiction.

Also why do the aldmeri say that they're the ones who ended the Oblivion Crisis? Wasn't it Martin man turning into a dragon and slaying Mehrun Dagons?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1864
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,715 Posts
    How dare you.
    M'aiq is a saint.
    ok what does your sex mod say about his sex stats
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #1865
    Gold Member

August 2011
    3,919 Posts
    I see M'aiq as less of a friendly in joke and more like a "Fuck you, community, we didn't deliver" dressed up as a friendly in-joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

26. Post #1866
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,821 Posts
    ok what does your sex mod say about his sex stats
    Penis_length_erect = scale/1.20
    Impregnation_chance = 0.5
    STD_Chance = 0
    Is_Hostile = 0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #1867
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    25,639 Posts
    so yeah the stereotypes are pretty accurate and that kind of just goes to show some of skyrim's thematic problems
    Makes sense to me that Khajiit would have such worse lives in Skyrim than in say, Cyrodiil since it's a very inhospitable land for them with an equally inhospitable people who, for the most part, probably don't even know the name of the race to begin with.

It's not exactly the kind of region where you'd expect a bunch of cats to show up just to earn a decent living like an average citizen. Why the fuck would they move there to begin with ? Even in Oblivion there's barely any Khajiit up north because it's cold as shit and they don't like it.

28. Post #1868
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    12,584 Posts
    Because Skyrim's combat system fucking sucks for parrying and rolling, at least as the mod was months ago. Without mods to tweak them, attack hitboxes are all sorts of wonk and enemies magically turn during most attacks towards you, making combat revolve closer to closing in and hitting, then pulling up a defense and/or backing away. Like lethal chicken fights. Things like Mortal Enemies and De-Aimbot Your Foes enforced limited attack turning and tweaked hitboxes though. Yet the Dark Souls mod also had a really awkward and clumsily delayed roll to boot.

It's better to just get a combat mod of your liking, Mortal / De-Aimbot, and TK Dodge.
    The roll is only delayed if your version of papyrus if choked full of fuck with bloated calls.

Edited:

Is there a tesselation mod? Does SK64 support dx11 tesselation? Are there any mods that just manually subdivide all the npc/monster/creature models? And clothes as well? My main issue is things like the 4 polygon wide roughspun tunic.

Edited:

A dynamic mesh improvement mod, if you will.
    No and No. Dynamic subdividing has to be built in from the ground up.

Edited:

It's just a shader.
    It uses shader call coding methods, it is not just a shader.

29. Post #1869
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,715 Posts
    Penis_length_erect = scale/1.20
    Impregnation_chance = 0.5
    STD_Chance = 0
    Is_Hostile = 0
    saints don't get pregnant, they have virgin births

30. Post #1870
    Ott
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    5,727 Posts
    Makes sense to me that Khajiit would have such worse lives in Skyrim than in say, Cyrodiil since it's a very inhospitable land for them with an equally inhospitable people who, for the most part, probably don't even know the name of the race to begin with.

It's not exactly the kind of region where you'd expect a bunch of cats to show up just to earn a decent living like an average citizen. Why the fuck would they move there to begin with ? Even in Oblivion there's barely any Khajiit up north because it's cold as shit and they don't like it.
    It's kind of bizarre that Khajiit are from the desert, when they have a literal pelt of fur to keep them warm. As far as survivability goes, a Khajiit would be much better off in Skyrim than a nord would be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #1871
    May 2013
    6,225 Posts
    It's kind of bizarre that Khajiit are from the desert, when they have a literal pelt of fur to keep them warm. As far as survivability goes, a Khajiit would be much better off in Skyrim than a nord would be.
    Elsweyr isn't all desert; the north is sand and the south is jungle.
    Also there are actual animals with fur that prefer heat, a number of which are large cats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #1872
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,464 Posts
    Also why do the aldmeri say that they're the ones who ended the Oblivion Crisis? Wasn't it Martin man turning into a dragon and slaying Mehrun Dagons?
    They say the brought back the moons and ended the Void Nights and that's why the Khajiit love them. And the Thalmor were the ones behind the defense of the Summurset Isles during the Oblivion Crisis, not that they ended it.

33. Post #1873
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    12,584 Posts
    Skyrim's got J'zargo though.

and khajiit Sherlock Holmes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 32Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #1874
    November 2015
    1,442 Posts
    j'zargo is the best companion in the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1875
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    They say the brought back the moons and ended the Void Nights and that's why the Khajiit love them. And the Thalmor were the ones behind the defense of the Summurset Isles during the Oblivion Crisis, not that they ended it.
    Huh. I renember talking to some Thalmor guy in Markarth and him going like "bow down I saved u".

and khajiit Sherlock Holmes
    Atleast he's honest. More than you could get out of most Khajiit in Skyrim >:^((

What drives me right up the Nord alley is the aesthetic. Skyrim pulled off the Nord theme so well, even if their concepts weren't entirely fresh. I renember the concept artist pulling a lot of really cool shit out, --I'm actually pretty sure he's dead now-- would've been nice to see some of the more outlandish concepts get realized. Some of it stood right up to Morrowind as far as it went.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1876
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,033 Posts
    Huh. I renember talking to some Thalmor guy in Markarth and him going like "bow down I saved u".

Atleast he's honest. More than you could get out of most Khajiit in Skyrim >:^((

What drives me right up the Nord alley is the aesthetic. Skyrim pulled off the Nord theme so well, even if their concepts weren't entirely fresh. I renember the concept artist pulling a lot of really cool shit out, --I'm actually pretty sure he's dead now-- would've been nice to see some of the more outlandish concepts get realized. Some of it stood right up to Morrowind as far as it went.
    nah theres far more norse art i would've preferred to see; skyrim's is the most sublte and light representation of norse culture, but i guess that's really just due to scale

a lot of the cool locales are in skyrim, just so small that the whole "grandiose impressiveness" just isnt there

plus the draw distances mean you cant really get the same looming awe that you get from, say, and i'm gonna use witcher 3 as an example again, in this picture, where you really feel the massive size of the environment even if its actually not as big as it seems

would've been lovely to see markarth like this

rather than the cramped little maze of a city thats smaller than most real world mansions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

37. Post #1877
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    nah theres far more norse art i would've preferred to see; skyrim's is the most sublte and light representation of norse culture, but i guess that's really just due to scale

a lot of the cool locales are in skyrim, just so small that the whole "grandiose impressiveness" just isnt there

plus the draw distances mean you cant really get the same looming awe that you get from, say, and i'm gonna use witcher 3 as an example again, in this picture, where you really feel the massive size of the environment even if its actually not as big as it seems

would've been lovely to see markarth like this

rather than the cramped little maze of a city thats smaller than most real world mansions
    I still blame hecking consoles, on top of Bethesda's already questionable technical skill when it comes to scale.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #1878
    August 2013
    147 Posts

This is how it played out as far as I know. It obviously puts Ulfric in a bad light for freaking the fuck out, but the Empire and Torygg completely forgetting the Nord way of politics and just throwing it all in the bin was a really bad decision. Already the Concordat was designed to divide the Imperials and the Nords, and the fools didn't try to minimize the damage it would deal; they maximized it. Ulfric and the Stormcloaks are the result. This could've gone down a lot better.

I also don't think the Nords are just complete fucking weaklings. They're the strongest melee race both canonically and gameplay wise. They're holding a province that is straight up inhospitable to anyone who isn't conditioned to the extreme cold within, a province whose borders are only breached by bumpy roads surrounded by hills and harsh terrain.*

This is actually really reasonable and sounds a lot more sensible than "they're just fuckin racists!!", specially when taking into account that it wasn't Ulfric who gave the okay to the Gray Quarter.
    It's still a war status issue, considering how many quests are based on the guards being spread too thin to handle literally anything, such as Blood on the Ice.
    Nah I don't think nords are weak, nor do I think Torryg was in the right, Torryg fucked up, as did ulfric by deciding (even if he was in a tough spot he could have accepeted it like Balgruuf did).
    However, I still think it's important that they dealt with this more swiftly. This is going into lore territory, and I'm not very familiar with this, but if Bethesda going to follow through, this whole discussion is going to be useless anyways because the Thalmor are propheted to win, and while the nords may be strong and have the dragonborn, the Thalmor mages are really REALLY strong and very plentiful as opposed to the comparitevely "weak" mages in skyrim, and there aren't even those many in skyrim. The pyromancer dudes you see that throw those super-damage fireballs aren't even scracthing the surface of what a true thalmor mage can do.

EDIT: You know what I do think is bullshit? Ulfric getting arrested after the duel with Torryg. That was bullshit, and in that regard I side with Ulfric.

39. Post #1879
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    13,918 Posts
    Heh he just released the Lady Miraak mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspeci...eview%3D&pUp=1

40. Post #1880
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)