1. Post #1801
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,926 Posts

Is this supposed to be "will do favours for you" or are you experimenting with loverslab compat?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 19Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #1802
    Ott
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    5,732 Posts
    Good to see a Khajiit follower being made. Her dialogue is a little robotic though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

3. Post #1803
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    9,709 Posts
    ??? aigis is not a khajiit

Edited:

i will be (maybe) looking over her speech when guicool's done with it to proof read it and make it sound more natural though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

4. Post #1804
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    I'd be for it if Skyrim was for the people, and not for the nords. I'd rather have worshipping one out of the nine gods banned than have Skyrim ruled by a racist people.
    Skyrim is the Nord homeland? A rebellion like this is indeed for the people since it's for the Nords who are like 90% of the population there. It's not like other people aren't allowed in or unwelcome, even in the middle of a war. Right now it's the Nordic people of Skyrim who are being oppressed and who wish to liberate themselves from said oppression.

Also it's not like it's just some god lmao who gives two hecks, it's practically the entire identity of the Nords that's at stake, with Talos being at the core of that identity. Everything that Talos upholds is something that the Nordic race as a whole weighs on heavily, like duty, honor, resolution, etc.

Either way, Skyrim will become for the people when its people rule it, not when its population is replaced by a more Corcodat-friendly kind and its political system overwritten to remove any further chance for a rebellion like this; the Empire resents the 'jarls and high kings' way for allowing something like this to happen.

p.s. if the nords are racist then what are the dark elves? They're so xenophobic they're discriminating even against their own kind -- you're an outlander n'wah filth even if you're a dark elf yourself in MW

5. Post #1805
    June 2013
    1,800 Posts
    ... It was Morihaus who found the Whitestrake's head, which the kings had left to prove their deeds and they spoke and Pelinal said things of regrets... but the rebellion had turned anyway... [and more] words were said between these immortals that even the Paravant would not deign to hear.
    I wonder what is it that Pelinal were regretting?

6. Post #1806
    May 2015
    1,122 Posts
    Not killing more Elves
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #1807
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,925 Posts
    I feel like the whole "skyrim for the nords" thing was really shitty done because of the scale they were limited too

The dark elves have a whole section of windhelm?

There's what, five of them? Three argonians by the docks? One of the elves ownes a bar? You're shouting in the streets over this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #1808
    June 2013
    1,800 Posts
    Not killing more Elves
    "I let 8 of them go. EIGHT!"

9. Post #1809
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2011
    3,925 Posts
    "I let 8 of them go. EIGHT!"
    To be fair, in the scaled down populations of the game, eight people might as well be a few thousand
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

10. Post #1810
    Ott
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    5,732 Posts
    Would having shadowy or greyed out low budget NPCs that are like "this is a background character" be out of place in the next TES game?

11. Post #1811
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,483 Posts
    Being decapitated was probably high on the list, I should think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

12. Post #1812
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,661 Posts

Is this supposed to be "will do favours for you" or are you experimenting with loverslab compat?
    You know what? I'll just stop posting stuff until I get a basic video done. It seems like whatever I post is gonna be picked apart.

And no, Aigis is not a khajiit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

13. Post #1813
    I'm a very kind and awesome person!
    June 2010
    11,235 Posts
    You know what? I'll just stop posting stuff until I get a basic video done. It seems like whatever I post is gonna be picked apart.

Picked apart? Not sure if that's accurate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #1814
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,581 Posts

No, please keep posting stuff.

I'm pretty sure it was just a joke and that the quest is like a favor quest you do for other vanilla NPCS where you retrieve *insert thing here* for that NPC to become friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #1815
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,926 Posts
    It seems like whatever I post is gonna be picked apart.
    What? No, I was making a joke. Especially since it doesn't seem like that line will be used ingame anywhere, you really don't need to care about grammar on dev/debug commentaries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1816
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    14,842 Posts
    You've got one person who can face a largish force with preparation and a lot of supplies. In the grand scheme of things that's not what wins a war. Put a tank against a company of musketmen and the tank would win every time. But you couldn't conquor all of Europe with a single tank, no matter the time period.
    You could do it with a sword, arrows, a bow and a healing spell if you hit F5 enough. Depending on your character build and time of day, you could win with just like a dagger.

By no means is it easy but it's definitely possible.

Edited:

Skyrim is the Nord homeland? A rebellion like this is indeed for the people since it's for the Nords who are like 90% of the population there. It's not like other people aren't allowed in or unwelcome, even in the middle of a war. Right now it's the Nordic people of Skyrim who are being oppressed and who wish to liberate themselves from said oppression.

Also it's not like it's just some god lmao who gives two hecks, it's practically the entire identity of the Nords that's at stake, with Talos being at the core of that identity. Everything that Talos upholds is something that the Nordic race as a whole weighs on heavily, like duty, honor, resolution, etc.

Either way, Skyrim will become for the people when its people rule it, not when its population is replaced by a more Corcodat-friendly kind and its political system overwritten to remove any further chance for a rebellion like this; the Empire resents the 'jarls and high kings' way for allowing something like this to happen.
    Have you been to Windhelm ever? Specifically the grey quarter?

p.s. if the nords are racist then what are the dark elves? They're so xenophobic they're discriminating even against their own kind -- you're an outlander n'wah filth even if you're a dark elf yourself in MW
    Still racist and xenophobic? Two racists does not make a tolerant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1817
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    16,472 Posts
    Also, just found out that the symbol right next to belethor's shop is a "Loot Here!" symbol the Thieves' Guild uses, meaning that it's a good place to rob. That's a pretty good touch but I'm kinda preplexed on how the guards or belethor never notice the symbol.
    I mean people are kind of retarded in Skyrim, so it's no real surprise.

18. Post #1818
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    You could do it with a sword, arrows, a bow and a healing spell if you hit F5 enough. Depending on your character build and time of day, you could win with just like a dagger.

By no means is it easy but it's definitely possible.

Edited:

Have you been to Windhelm ever? Specifically the grey quarter?

Still racist and xenophobic? Two racists does not make a tolerant.
    You're literally judging the entirety of Windhelm, the Stormcloaks, and Ulfric who personally invited the dark elves to Windhelm based on the racist comments of two nords you can beat the fuck out of, with the game actively encouraging you to do this based on everyone's opinion of them.

Like my man, my dude

I dunno if that's actually your point but still, it's two people.

Edit: I mean yeah gq's actually shit but have you looked at Windhelm? It's the oldest human city ever or something goofy like that, it all looks husked up. Even the palace looks uncomfortable and that's taking into account Markarth's 'sleep on stone beds next to dormant dwemer robofucks'

19. Post #1819
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,821 Posts
    Please don't, I (and others it seems) are very interested in what you are doing, i'm excited to see how this progresses from lines of text to a walking talking companion mod.

You've been here long enough to know that we only want to help and if you asked for help you would get it.
    We joke about spelling and grammatical errors because that's what we do.
    Please don't take it to heart and stop posting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #1820
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,661 Posts
    Well, I'll continue to post.

Also, I'm making Queen Miraak (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70364/?) better, as in, BETTER, with a proper voice actress and stuff, soon.

EDIT: Watch this cringe to see why I'm doing this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #1821
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,721 Posts
    Be warned that voice actors are so hard to deal with on a modding project because it's volunteer work so you feel bad asking for changes and making deadlines, and plus a lot of people who come to you have low quality gaming headsets and no voice acting talent at all and it's really fucking hard to tell them that, especially if they're female and incredibly optimistic/confidence.

In my case usually back off when you tell them "Well, I need 1300+ lines of someone sounding like a convincing lizard who can also convey all ranges of emotion including happiness, sadness, anger, fear"

22. Post #1822
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,661 Posts
    Be warned that voice actors are so hard to deal with on a modding project because it's volunteer work so you feel bad asking for changes and making deadlines, and plus a lot of people who come to you have low quality gaming headsets and no voice acting talent at all and it's really fucking hard to tell them that, especially if they're female and incredibly optimistic/confidence.

In my case usually back off when you tell them "Well, I need 1300+ lines of someone sounding like a convincing lizard who can also convey all ranges of emotion including happiness, sadness, anger, fear"
    I showed this mod to my new VA. She agreed to voice it again, just from how bad it is. Also potasticpanda (Ellen's VA) agreed on voicing 1300+ lines of dialogue so yeah. I think that my Luck stat is higher than most.

However, I gave 'her' a new face, so it's a new mod, a new take on it.

New face:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #1823
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    22,728 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

24. Post #1824
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    Well, I'll continue to post.

Also, I'm making Queen Miraak (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70364/?) better, as in, BETTER, with a proper voice actress and stuff, soon.

EDIT: Watch this cringe to see why I'm doing this:

The hurt sounds legit made me uncomfortable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

25. Post #1825
    December 2007
    14,842 Posts
    You're literally judging the entirety of Windhelm, the Stormcloaks, and Ulfric who personally invited the dark elves to Windhelm based on the racist comments of two nords you can beat the fuck out of, with the game actively encouraging you to do this based on everyone's opinion of them.

Like my man, my dude

Edit: I mean yeah gq's actually shit but have you looked at Windhelm? It's the oldest human city ever or something goofy like that, it all looks husked up. Even the palace looks uncomfortable and that's taking into account Markarth's 'sleep on stone beds next to dormant dwemer robofucks'
    Yeah no when people are yelling the equivalent of "America is for the whites" at me on a regular basis I'm gonna say they're racist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Steam United States Show Events Zing Zing x 14 (list)

26. Post #1826
    August 2013
    148 Posts
    I think it's pretty easy to see that the stormcloaks (and apparently most nords) are pretty racist. Go play any elf and you'll see guards saying such things as "Speak, elf", which I think you can see is kinda racist. Once you do enter Windhelm, capital of the stormcloak rebellion, you'll see that it's not reduced to those 2 drunksmen, but there is a nord in there that thinks the Grey Quarter (that name is not coincidental btw, it's a Grey Quarter for Grey Elves) is unjust but whenever he mentions it to ulfric he just goes "ya sure whatever i'll take care of it someday it's not like it's that bad" and hell, they mention that argonians aren't allowed in the city! Not allowing an entire race in your city is pretty fucking racist if you ask me.

This is more apperent whenever you battle a stormcloak (or hell a normal nord), he spouts out "SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS" which seems kinda racist, and racism isn't just confined to Windhelm, you'll see that even in Whiterun, both khajit and redguards aren't allowed. Though it's easy to see how this can easily go over the player's head since bethesda doesn't want you to stop having fun and lets you go to areas other NPC's like you can't (atleast no easily) and it's really kinda bullshit, you can be an Altmer and go to the exact same places as a Nord. So from a purely gameplay prespective no, skyrim and stormcloaks are not racists at all, but in the dialogue and setting you'll see that, especially the Stormcloaks, are really fucking racist, as are the Dark Elves.

27. Post #1827
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,821 Posts
    I think it's pretty easy to see that the stormcloaks (and apparently most nords) are pretty racist. Go play any elf and you'll see guards saying such things as "Speak, elf", which I think you can see is kinda racist. Once you do enter Windhelm, capital of the stormcloak rebellion, you'll see that it's not reduced to those 2 drunksmen, but there is a nord in there that thinks the Grey Quarter (that name is not coincidental btw, it's a Grey Quarter for Grey Elves) is unjust but whenever he mentions it to ulfric he just goes "ya sure whatever i'll take care of it someday it's not like it's that bad" and hell, they mention that argonians aren't allowed in the city! Not allowing an entire race in your city is pretty fucking racist if you ask me.

This is more apperent whenever you battle a stormcloak (or hell a normal nord), he spouts out "SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS" which seems kinda racist, and racism isn't just confined to Windhelm, you'll see that even in Whiterun, both khajit and redguards aren't allowed. Though it's easy to see how this can easily go over the player's head since bethesda doesn't want you to stop having fun and lets you go to areas other NPC's like you can't (atleast no easily) and it's really kinda bullshit, you can be an Altmer and go to the exact same places as a Nord. So from a purely gameplay prespective no, skyrim and stormcloaks are not racists at all, but in the dialogue and setting you'll see that, especially the Stormcloaks, are really fucking racist, as are the Dark Elves.
    There is a mod which if you play as a women makes all the men's comments be really rude and sexist. Real "ey bitch show me dem titties!" And "go back to the kitchen!" ,comments But much more skyrim-y

Play an elf women and get the FULL MEDIEVAL OPPRESSION EXPERIENCE!
    (Found it)
    http://www.loverslab.com/topic/62724...ayer-comments/
    POTENTIALLY NSFW AS ALL LOVERSLAB LINKS SHOULD BE.
    Doesn't contain any voice acting, but it DOES work for SE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #1828
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,721 Posts
    You're literally judging the entirety of America, the Alt-Right, and Trump who personally invited the mexicans to America based on the racist comments of two whites you can beat the fuck out of, with the game actively encouraging you to do this based on everyone's opinion of them.

Like my man, my dude

Edit: I mean yeah gq's actually shit but have you looked at America? It's the oldest human country ever or something goofy like that, it all looks husked up. Even the white house looks uncomfortable and that's taking into account Japan's 'sleep on stone beds next to dormant ASIMO robofucks'
    Yeah no when people are yelling the equivalent of "Skyrim is for the nords" at me on a regular basis I'm gonna say they're racist.

29. Post #1829
    December 2007
    14,842 Posts
    all quote and no words so I have to put something here
    Let me add some more words to my post then:

Yeah no when people are yelling the equivalent of "America is for the whites" at me on a regular basis all across the land every single fucking bandit-hole I crawl into or fight I get into on the streets or any time I do fucking anything of note that results in combat or even when I'm not the one fighting but just see a couple of NPCs fighting and one of them yelling it I'm gonna say they're racist.
    It's not two fucking racist white dudes, it's an entire province.

30. Post #1830
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,962 Posts
    Lol, for all of it's lack of direct racial prejudice towards the player, skyrim does try to give the impression that the nords are pretty racist on the whole.

I mean ffs nord npcs have a unique line of racial abuse for each race they fight.

They call khajiit carpets, argonians "boots" and have all kinds of lines like "Go back to your precious forests, Elf " for bosmer and so on... and these lines are just in the general pool of the voice they were recorded in, so you can marry a nord woman only to find she's deeply bigoted against your people the moment her blood is up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

31. Post #1831
    Still Not GLOD
    May 2013
    780 Posts
    Is there any mod for Morrowind that removes the 'enchantability' cap on items? If I stick the soul of a demigod into an item it should be useful for more than just more uses tbh

32. Post #1832
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,721 Posts
    Let me add some more words to my post then:

It's not two fucking racist white dudes, it's an entire province.
    oh yeah i agree with you for the most part, it's 50/50 in terms of racism. I was just making a joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #1833
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    13,924 Posts
    There is a mod which if you play as a women makes all the men's comments be really rude and sexist. Real "ey bitch show me dem titties!" And "go back to the kitchen!" ,comments But much more skyrim-y

Play an elf women and get the FULL MEDIEVAL OPPRESSION EXPERIENCE!
    (Found it)
    http://www.loverslab.com/topic/62724...ayer-comments/
    POTENTIALLY NSFW AS ALL LOVERSLAB LINKS SHOULD BE.
    Doesn't contain any voice acting, but it DOES work for SE
    Do they spit on me and humiliate me in public too? No? Oh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #1834
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts
    Insults are always gonna be racist since they're insults, they're aiming to get under your skin. The nords are pretty racist (as are the dark elves, the orsimer, etc, just wanna add that), but the idea the Stormcloaks are fighting for, which is 'Skyrim being primarily a Nord province should primarily serve Nord interests' is not outlandish. It's why Cyrodiil caters to the Imperials, or why Morrowind caters to the Dark Elves.

Why are the Stormcloaks not allowed the same independence that Hammerfell fought for, or the same treatment that the other races receive in their respective home provinces? They shouldn't be second class citizens in their own native lands, nor should they be freely hunted down like dogs by the encroaching Thalmor.

Also wtf khajiits, argonians and redguards are allowed everywhere, it's only the khajiit caravans that are not allowed since they deal drugs. I also like how khajiit man says "I don't deal drugs" but you open his ingredients tab and there's x5 Moon Sugar

A certain kind of 'humilliation' can happen with the right mod setup ;^)

edit: also I just wanna add -- if there's two factions vying for control of your homeland and also you as an individual, you best believe your battlecry is gonna be "this is my land gtfo"

35. Post #1835
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,821 Posts
    Give me a few mins to find that mod

In the mean time folks, enjoy this fucking madness
    N S F W
    http://www.loverslab.com/topic/50398-namiras-goat/
    N S F W
    It's that frankly disturbing erotic Cannibalism fetish KICKED UP TO FUCKING 11 and polished in the way only Asian modders can.
    Jesus Christ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #1836
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    22,721 Posts
    do you personally recommend this mod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1837
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,196 Posts

N S F W
    N S F W
    It's that frankly disturbing erotic Cannibalism fetish KICKED UP TO FUCKING 11 and polished in the way only Asian modders can.
    Jesus Christ.
    Why's this in Skyrim anyways? Can't you mod actual porn games or something?

38. Post #1838
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,268 Posts

N S F W
    N S F W
    Jesus Christ.
    You know, this would make a real decent gore mod for combat on it's own. Cannibalism and nudity aside.

39. Post #1839
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,821 Posts
    do you personally recommend this mod
    I endorse this mod purely for the knowledge that this is as close as most of those weirdos will ever get to eating a girl out ho ho!
    Also if you are going for that "no joke I'm actually a serial killer even the voices say I need to be stopped" playthrough this is as good as it gets

40. Post #1840
    August 2013
    148 Posts

Also wtf khajiits, argonians and redguards are allowed everywhere, it's only the khajiit caravans that are not allowed since they deal drugs. I also like how khajiit man says "I don't deal drugs" but you open his ingredients tab and there's x5 Moon Sugar

edit: also I just wanna add -- if there's two factions vying for control of your homeland and also you as an individual, you best believe your battlecry is gonna be "this is my land gtfo"
    The redguards I'm talking about are the redguards that are looking for the other redguard in whiterun (I chose this example in particular because I honestly can't think of any other redguards that actually live in a city, feel free to correct me.) the guards mention that they (the Alik'r Warriors, although now that I think about it it may be because they're armed) are not allowed into the city. The argonians are not at all allowed into windhelm, they were forced to live in the docks (you can read that and see that every argonian in that city is in the docks/outside the main city).
    The Khajits were my mistake. I was under the impression the caravans weren't allowed in because, once again, xenophobia.

I'd also like to mention that just because Ulfric ""accepted"" the Dark Elves doesn't mean he did it because he wanted to. How badly do you think people would react if Ulfric just downright refused to accept shelter from the Dark Elves, a people that have lost most of their homeland to a gigantic volcano eruption followed by an invasion by batshit crazy lizard-people?

It's no coincidence that the most you see of race diversity are bandits. Bandits aren't very discriminatory, they just want to wreak havoc/steal/exort money out of people, they don't care for who you are, which is why you see way more Argonian/Khajit/Orc bandits than normal citizens. Heck, outside of Markath , Orcs were kinda forced to retreat to their strongholds specifically because the people of skyrim hated them and were cruel to them.

Honestly, it seems pretty obvious that skyrim is an incredibly racist and xenophobic place. That's not to say they don't deserve freedom, they totally do and skyrim is a very culturally different land from the others, they have every right to freedom, but they really picked the shittiest of times to rebel agaisnt the empire, and it's pretty clear that ulfric wants a skyrim made by nords for the nords, which is awful since skyrim may come to be the best hope humans have agaisnt the elves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Portugal Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)