1. Post #4521
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,861 Posts
    Welp, since Horus Heresy doesn't appear going to 8th edition, this means it will probably die off in my area. We just don't have enough people. 30k/40k crossover games were pretty common. I don't really want to have to run my Iron Warriors without quad mortars or medusas. It just kinda ruins the point of them.
    Alternatively, anyone who doesn't like 8th will have an outlet in 30K, although 8th does seem set to make people pretty pleased.
    But yeah, Iron Warriors need arty for sure, although quad mortars are currently 40K legal, and the next IA is set to bring quite a few 30K vehicles to 40k, so there might be luck for you yet.

2. Post #4522
    August 2010
    1,356 Posts
    Alternatively, anyone who doesn't like 8th will have an outlet in 30K, although 8th does seem set to make people pretty pleased.
    But yeah, Iron Warriors need arty for sure, although quad mortars are currently 40K legal, and the next IA is set to bring quite a few 30K vehicles to 40k, so there might be luck for you yet.
    That's true. I just like the possibility for crossover games if only to keep it alive here. And if what you say is true about IA porting the vehicles then that's a huge relief (especially since I saw that the Leviathan can be used by Chaos too now, hurray!). I recall Fire over Cyraxis will at least make my Mechanicum playable.

3. Post #4523
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,700 Posts
    The Iron Warriors don't get enough attention. I love 'em. If I ever start collecting 40k figures, it'll be those guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #4524
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,488 Posts
    Perturabo book came in. Has a real neat looking cover.
    That book is one of my favorite things BL has done ever. The artwork is bitchin', the story is amazing and for the first time ever Perturabo gets his character fully fleshed out.

Yes the Iron Warriors definitely need more love.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #4525
    Corgi Enthusiast
    June 2009
    1,273 Posts

Edited:

original
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 10Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #4526
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,093 Posts
    what's with the Bolter-47
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #4527
    January 2012
    1,538 Posts
    Is it a stab at that article that called every WH40K fan fascists?

Otherwise i dont get it.

8. Post #4528
    July 2010
    661 Posts
    Is it a stab at that article that called every WH40K fan fascists?

Otherwise i dont get it.
    Lmao what article was this? Sounds dumb and I want a good read.

9. Post #4529
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,093 Posts
    the original drawing with the Gundam makes me think the joke is that 40k depicts a horrible future of eternal war, suffering and persecution but everyone still goes "that's AWESOME" - because honestly, huge robots and super soldiers and daemons and lasers and DA ORKS and destruction on grand scale are things that just are cool

Do Not Do This Cool Thing, basically
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #4530
    January 2012
    1,538 Posts
    Lmao what article was this? Sounds dumb and I want a good read.
    Here ya go, buddy.

https://www.themarysue.com/warhammer...andom-fascism/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #4531
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,488 Posts
    I lost brain cells reading that.

How can this person survive walking out of his home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

12. Post #4532
    December 2012
    3,809 Posts
    I played Shadow War Armageddon for the first time today at a local club with multiple boards set up for very dense terrain and I think its pretty great.

I took an Inquisition Kill Team of 6 guys, 1 Inquisitor with power sword, bolt pistol, 2 Crusaders with Power Sword and Storm Shield, and then three ranged Acolytes with a lasgun, shotgun and sniper rifle respectively.

The first match up was me against a 10 man IG squad, which on the face of it you might think I would get curbstomped against, but I managed to win solidly, making him voluntarily bottle out having with only my sniper going out of action after getting counter-sniped.

The highlight was watching half his team try and fail to drop a Crusader for 2 turns straight, and then counter-charge him with both his kitted out Kill Team sergeant and another trooper, hoping to defeat him in melee. The Crusader survived two turns of blow after blow landing on him, and then on the third turn, defeated both of the Guard soldiers after finally winning combat resolution.

The second game was a bit of a massacre, in that I got to choose the mission from rolling a 6 on the chart, so I went for ambush, with me as the attacker, and in a nutshell I surrounded my opponent's eldar and shot them to shit. Particularly my Deathwatch veteran operative I took pinned his Autarch for three turns in a row and eventually killed him before he did anything. Pinning in SWA is pretty brutal since you only need to hit a target once to basically disable it for the next turn. It became a running joke because in the game after that the Eldar player did, he lost his Autarch to the same stunt when he flew him into the open to kill one model, and then spent the rest of the game on his back.

13. Post #4533
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,408 Posts
    To be honest, I do take offense in use of God Emperor    (and Kaiser Reinhard)    for portrayal of that hairless orangutan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #4534
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,599 Posts
    Skitarii are pretty fun in Shadow War. Having a 30" basic weapon with +1 to hit at long range combined with a Transuranic Arquebus with it's crazy 72" range makes it a crazy sniper fest if the terrain favors it. Plasma Calivers are pretty nasty too.

15. Post #4535
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    16,057 Posts

really big fuckin stats comin right up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #4536
    July 2010
    661 Posts
    O shit you get to pick psychic powers again? That's awesome

17. Post #4537
    September 2012
    4,096 Posts
    So an Age of Sigmar RPG was just announced.

18. Post #4538
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    16,057 Posts
    tau

S14 on the stormsurge shotgun close range mode

19. Post #4539
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,599 Posts
    Coldstar basically gives you a 40" movement.

Edited:

Current "leaked information" that people compiled, not including leaked profiles (when it was compiled at least). In pdf form.
    http://docdro.id/grF4z6B

20. Post #4540
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,408 Posts
    Fucking ORKS have more leaks than IG. I'm ready for regimental disappointment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Opera United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #4541
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,599 Posts
    Guess who

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #4542
    August 2010
    1,356 Posts
    Store near me had one last massive Apoc game and it was an absolute blast. It was Tyranids/Genestealer cults vs the Imperium (consisting of 2 Mechanicum players -- one was me, 1 Custodes player, and 1 Salamanders). I brought in my Ordinatus Ulator for the first time ever and it did massive work. I will explain in the wall of pictures below..

Turn 1: Forces of the Imperium set up a massive gunline expecting lots and lots of Tyranids.

Turns out the Genestealer cult infiltrated a HUGE amount of its army behind us and used a strategum that blocked all line of sight to them so only a handful of units could fire. The red markers you see creates a line in which no unit can see through.

Imperial Turn: Uneventful. Killed off a few genestealers and for the most part just sat there.

Xenos Turn: Oh my. Oh myyyyyyyyyy. A Harridan comes in with a million more flying monstrous creatures including several Hive Tyrants. They manage to gun down a Vultarax and the Salamander player's knight. it was night a good sight.

Turn 2: Ulator shoots and kills FOUR HIVE TYRANTS IN A SINGLE SHOT. The massive sonic wave just takes chunks out of the guys in the air. Meanwhile the knights are shooting in the air with what little anti-air we have besides the massive cannon.

While it may not seem like much since there were just sooo many more, it did still do a number.

Xenos Turn: 4 Renegade knight comes from the flank and gets ready for a charge next turn. A Genestealer Cult brood and its Patriarch rolled a lucky 6 on its special table and can go extremely close to me and charge. The combined firepower of the winged monstrosities and the genestealers makes my Ordinatus lose 8 of its 14 hull points. Brutal.

Turn 3:
    Imperial Turn: -- The Custodes and the Knights go on a counter offensive. One renegade knight was taken down almost instantly, 4 or so more flying monstrous creatures were shot down by the Ulator, and the knights were busy dealing with lots and lots of Genestealers. Oh and my Castellax took 3 more hull points off another Knight. Salamanders player is crippled so he is relegated to shooting with what little flakk missiles he has. Some more Custodes go in to deal with genestealers close to my Ordinatus.

Xenos Turn: Genestealers and Knights go in. Ordinatus dies and its death results in a titanic explosion. Strength D hits kill 3 Custodes off the bat as well as two Salamanders terminators. RIP. 16 Genestealers die in the explosion as well but it was worth it. The Renegade knights make their Ion Shield saves and are surprisingly okay! Castellax also make their invulnerables and are also okay. Custodes on the northern flank just crumble due to knights and the remaining artillery pieces are dead. There is no hope for the Imperium here.

End Game: Xenos win by 1 victory point. I foolishly accepted my character to a challenge against a Knight (who was a character in the list he was running) which ended up giving them the final point they needed to win.

23. Post #4543
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,599 Posts
    Bunch of Necron stuff leaked, though it's all in Italian.

Quantum Shielding:
    Whenever this model suffers damage due to an unsaved wound, roll a D6.
    If the result is less than the damage inflicted by the attack, the damage is ignored.

24. Post #4544
    August 2009
    303 Posts
    I finished a few things last night