1. Post #2321
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    16,213 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #2322
    September 2010
    1,650 Posts
    Okay I've got two Leman Russ tanks that need naming, they are gonna be desert themed, any ideas?

3. Post #2323
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,115 Posts
    Mrs. Nicely

Schwarzkopf

4. Post #2324
    Corgi Enthusiast
    June 2009
    1,284 Posts
    Hellmonger
    Dune Rider
    Diablo Express
    Papa Nomad
    Sandslinger
    Dust Bunny
    Burnblazer
    Oven Tango
    Big Cinder
    Buzzard Boy
    Storm Defiant
    Tread Lightly
    Heatbox
    Sweat Box
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #2325
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    12,569 Posts
    Freki

Geri
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

6. Post #2326
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,115 Posts
    Freki

Geri
    [muffled fenrisian howls of anguish in the distance]

7. Post #2327
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,377 Posts
    Okay I've got two Leman Russ tanks that need naming, they are gonna be desert themed, any ideas?
    Orkmower
    Bug Stomper
    Three Hull Points of Hell

8. Post #2328
    January 2012
    1,945 Posts
    Tim
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #2329
    December 2015
    1,138 Posts
    Course & Rough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

10. Post #2330
    December 2012
    4,407 Posts
    Darude

Sandstorm

11. Post #2331
    September 2010
    1,650 Posts
    I'm gonna go with Storm Defiant, and The High Ground.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

12. Post #2332
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,363 Posts
    Well, Space Hulk Deathwing is at a much more stable release (You may want to delete your singleplayer saves though)

With the state the game released in, I still can't help but feel that the 40k license itself still needs to be saved. :x

13. Post #2333
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    12,569 Posts
    Huge increase in framerate with the beta, both in and out of battles; lighting is much simpler though, way less dynamic shadows from explosions and your torch.

14. Post #2334
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,363 Posts
    Huge increase in framerate with the beta, both in and out of battles; lighting is much simpler though, way less dynamic shadows from explosions and your torch.
    I haven't noticed too much of a difference, though my main gripe is a lack of sharpening filter to go with the resolution scaling option. At that point, you might as well play the game aliased.

15. Post #2335
    August 2010
    1,345 Posts
    Really like your bases. They just make the entire model feel much more lively.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #2336
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,423 Posts
    So even the Tau get a mention in Fracture of Biel-Tan    The Mechanicus apparently literally set the Damocles Gulf on fire with some sort of weapon, fire which ended up mixing with local warpstorms and started attacking both Imperial and Tau forces. It's starting to subside but a large part of the Tau expansion fleet was supposedly destroyed   

17. Post #2337
    March 2012
    6,972 Posts
    So even the Tau get a mention in Fracture of Biel-Tan    The Mechanicus apparently literally set the Damocles Gulf on fire with some sort of weapon, fire which ended up mixing with local warpstorms and started attacking both Imperial and Tau forces. It's starting to subside but a large part of the Tau expansion fleet was supposedly destroyed   
    isn't that in the Montka book also?

Imperials fighting tau get ambushed by farsight, manage to assassinate space pope then order retrea. But then launch some torpedo at the planet which turns it into a raging inferno. Admech r br00tul n cunnin

18. Post #2338
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,423 Posts
    isn't that in the Montka book also?

Imperials fighting tau get ambushed by farsight, manage to assassinate space pope then order retrea. But then launch some torpedo at the planet which turns it into a raging inferno. Admech r br00tul n cunnin

Maybe though I hadn't heard anything about    most of the Tau expansion fleet being destroyed.   

Edited:

Actually I have to wonder if this would end up being related to Fires of Cyraxus. Maybe the Tau invade a forge world out of revenge or something. I doubt it, but who knows.    I really want FoC out already. Give me more toys for the AdMech goddamn it   

19. Post #2339
    March 2012
    6,972 Posts
    Maybe though I hadn't heard anything about    most of the Tau expansion fleet being destroyed.   
       True there was nothing about the fleet being destroyed, only that Tau's expansion had been stopped after devastating losses and a Pyrrhic victory winning them a fireball of a planet.

Poor tau though, they're already a naive underdog in the fluff. Lost their fleet, their leader and keeps baiting civil war.

I fear it'll be some bs dues ex machina thing - sure they're out numbered, can't use the warp and aren't nearly genocidal enough but somehow their ~technology~ saves the day. The imperium could just send a fleet with a few planet killers and wipe out the entire faction in a couple of years.

20. Post #2340
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    7,261 Posts
    the 60 fps footage looks so smooth and crisp, especially that fucking wraithknight at 1:02
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #2341
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    9,340 Posts
    the 60 fps footage looks so smooth and crisp, especially that fucking wraithknight at 1:02
    How far off is the game, again? Just look at how bad those Guardsman at 1.15 are. I'm assuming they're untextured but then why put them in the video.

22. Post #2342
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,423 Posts
    How far off is the game, again? Just look at how bad those Guardsman at 1.15 are. I'm assuming they're untextured but then why put them in the video.
    They look fine to me but I'm on a phone so the video is small.

23. Post #2343
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    9,340 Posts
    They look fine to me but I'm on a phone so the video is small.
    They're entirely white/grey, shiny and plastic looking with no detail at all.

24. Post #2344
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,132 Posts
    Needs more imperial guard but other than that it looks fairly good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #2345
    February 2010
    1,495 Posts
    The Warhammer TV twitch channel is having a batrap of a Horus Heresy battle (Iron Warriors vs Raven Guard, 2500 I believe ) if anyone is interested.

Link's here.

26. Post #2346
    April 2012
    7,261 Posts
    no one knows

27. Post #2347
    January 2010
    569 Posts
    At worst, those IG Kats are really under baked cause yea they don't complete as most models, at best, I can only assume Relic is trying to avoid using the color schemes that make them look a little too resembling of the standard Cadian Regiments we usually see in 40k stuff
    Edit: this is also judging by the fact that there are the other guardsmen (I think) that we see in the video where they have this grey colour to them (Which are also probably not done yet if that's not the case of what the Guardsmen would look in the game)

28. Post #2348
    April 2012
    7,261 Posts

and someone found deathwatch in the trailer, thats pretty cool

Edited:

and someone found deathwatch in the trailer, thats pretty cool
    oh, its from a different trailer actually

29. Post #2349
    Resident IFAP Phantas- magor- iologist
    July 2010
    8,626 Posts
    Or their armour is white and their fatigues are grey because judging by other stuff in that trailer, they're on a snowy world?

Edited:

here's a bigger picture. I dont know about "no detail" but their armour is definitely a little too shiny.

Edited:

There's also these guys who have different colours.

My guess is that those two different types of guardsmen are on different worlds though. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Edited:

I watched those other trailers too and its weird, they seem to go back and forthe between whether the lasguns shoot a sold beam like they did in DoW1, or if they shoot "bolts" like a Star Wars blaster. Those guys with the white armour might be Stormtroopers in more way than one

30. Post #2350
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    9,340 Posts
    Or their armour is white and their fatigues are grey because judging by other stuff in that trailer, they're on a snowy world?

Edited:

here's a bigger picture. I dont know about "no detail" but their armour is definitely a little too shiny.

Edited:

There's also these guys who have different colours.

My guess is that those two different types of guardsmen are on different worlds though. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

Edited:

I watched those other trailers too and its weird, they seem to go back and forthe between whether the lasguns shoot a sold beam like they did in DoW1, or if they shoot "bolts" like a Star Wars blaster. Those guys with the white armour might be Stormtroopers in more way than one

Those coloured ones in the other two pics you included don't seem to be typical Guardsmen, it's not entirely clear but they look like they're Tempestus Scions - Stormtroopers.

The white armoured ones seem to just be Guardsman wearing hostile environment gear:

So one are Stormtroopers with Hellguns, the other are just typical guardsman with Lasguns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #2351
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,423 Posts
    So uh, I got my tax return
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

32. Post #2352
    January 2010
    569 Posts
    Holy shit I just pissed myself from that image
    Lord helps whoever fights against you

33. Post #2353
    February 2010
    1,495 Posts
    So uh, I got my tax return
    Ave Omnissiah Brother

34. Post #2354
    April 2012
    7,261 Posts
    time for all those models to sit unpainted on the backlog for 6 months
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #2355
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    16,213 Posts
    mail some to me thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #2356
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,942 Posts
    I'm a bit late on the topic of painting eyes...

But who needs to paint eyes when the glorious Omnissiah has removed your eyelids and sealed your eyes behind lenses?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

37. Post #2357
    This probably isn't a good idea
    October 2007
    3,667 Posts
    And here was me thinking I was a big spender buying Magnus and two boxes of Blue Horrors on my pay day

Nice haul though, I love the look of the Admech armies. Them and Sisters are probably the only Imperium factions I'd look at.

38. Post #2358
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    11,988 Posts
    So, I had a bunch of Guardsmen primed and partially painted a year or so ago. Do I need to reprime them, or should I just continue painting from where I left?

Also, played a 500 game versus Black Templars to give them their first 40k game.

BT players had:
    Captain
    Crusader Squad + Neophytes, joined by Captain
    Crusader Squad, dakka oriented
    Drednought

I had 4 lists presented to him for picking his own poison, so he selected the 500 Points of Bodies list:
    CCS with Standard and Plasma Gun
    2 x Platoons of 30 Combined Squads with 3 Flamers and 3 Bolters + PCS with 4 Sniper Rifles

And yes, I had absolutely no anti-tank except the Plasma rifle, because I fucked up (I did know he had a Dred all along).

Exciting times included:
    Dred Sweeping through both Infantry Squads because of +1d3 init from crusader is a BITCH.
    Captain eating shit after getting pelted by 2 overwatches and failing to charge in either times.

So, fun was had, especially since I didn't play for months. But hey, at least it wasn't turn 2 victory if I had used my 500 point tank list. Thank ye based Paskisher.

39. Post #2359
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    16,213 Posts
    So, I had a bunch of Guardsmen primed and partially painted a year or so ago. Do I need to reprime them, or should I just continue painting from where I left?
    just keep going, if you really want to start from scratch strip them first

40. Post #2360
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,423 Posts
    time for all those models to sit unpainted on the backlog for 6 months
    Only 6 months? I've had at least one Chimera that's gone unpainted for about two years