1. Post #1
    June 2014
    2,381 Posts
    PREVIOUSLY, on MAJOR UPDATE SPECULATION (as of July 12th): Scream Fortress VIII is out. You can check that out here. Otherwise, not much has happened, besides many smaller updates to the matchmaking and casual systems, as they slowly turn it into something that's at least a little fun. The comic will probably be out before this thread is over, unless the Pyro Update happens first, which was revealed to be coming soon in their annual "What We're Up To" blog post, this year's edition being found here.

Archive:
    V1: The Original
    V2: Revenge of the Tobor
    V3: Tonight's the Night, forever and always
    V4: Tonight's the Night for QR Codes
    V5: Somewhere over the rainbow
    V6: Going South of Houston, Baby!
    V7: Who's Ned?
    V8: Rise of the Machines!
    V9: Really Spooky Halloween Edition
    V10: This Week Is The Week
    V11: speculation has long since retired
    V12: Layoffs Edition
    V13: The Final Frontier
    V14: Roman Numerals are the Best Edition
    V15: Apocalypse Now! (In a few weeks)
    V16: The Monoculus RIFT Well Spun Hat Promo Edition
    V17: She's Only 17
    V18: New world order
    V19: Official Sponsor of the Winky Smiley
    V20: ScoRes and Pipes
    V21: Delays For Most
    V22: Steampipe For Reals This Time
    V23: the mind of the subject will desperately struggle to create speculation where none exists
    V24: An Eloquent Absence of Germane Spectulation
    V25: Featuring 60% less Bonus Ducks
    V26: Much Ado About Nothing

V27: The Day MUS Stood Still
    V28: The Speculation Zone
    V29: Matchmade in Helltower
    V30: cp_orange_x3 confirmed!
    V31: Gamechanging Edition
    V32: Like General Chat, but at least twice as neato
    V33: Tomorrow For Sure
    V34: Whose War is it Anyway?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2014
    1,428 Posts
    I wonder what will happen with comp now that turbine is in the mix
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Finland Show Events

3. Post #3
    September 2012
    342 Posts
    New thread smell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4

June 2016
    220 Posts
    Some of the old crates with killstreak kits are giving out the glitched ones
    From reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comment...hurry_and_get/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,560 Posts
    terrifying lack of images or at least a banner in that first post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2013
    806 Posts
    good title
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    November 2014
    255 Posts
    Re-posting since it's the last post:
    I just rendered a video of all the new effects. Here:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

8. Post #8
    June 2014
    2,381 Posts
    terrifying lack of images or at least a banner in that first post
    I'm not a graphic designer. If you have any recommendations for good images go ahead and post them and I'll add them to the OP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    October 2014
    50 Posts
    Re-posting since it's the last post:
    I just rendered a video of all the new effects. Here:
    That shooting star effect... *unzips wallet*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,262 Posts
    Its good to see that truce is still a broken mess and they havent even fixed it from last year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events

11. Post #11

June 2016
    220 Posts
    Steam API down again
    Guess they are fixing the glitch with the Killstreak Kits
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    November 2013
    1,370 Posts
    wow wonder how long they spent on this gorgeous splash art

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 27Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    March 2016
    200 Posts
    is it possible to do the contracts on none valve servers? i hate this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    June 2014
    1,428 Posts
    Hold on I just realized.

The odds of an unusual are doubled. But the normal chance for that is 1/100

So congratulations, you now have a 2% chance of getting an unusual
    . Whoopty doo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

15. Post #15
    Dennab
    May 2014
    2,131 Posts
    3 new FUCKING MAPS? HOLY SHIT!
    What's wrong with this update? The content is really good actually. Taunts, Cosmetic, Unusual effect, Maps.. Just like most Halloween. What is the problem?
    Yeah, some of the cosmetics are just not very halloween-y but i guess it's like that now since 2015 they just add the coolest cosmetic without any regards to their themes but it still doesn't remove the fact that they looks nice and good on the character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox France Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 6Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    September 2014
    1,778 Posts
    How optimistic are our young maidens for the Pyro Update to release before Smissmas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    August 2014
    1,736 Posts
    It's sad that yet more item sets have been split up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18

June 2016
    220 Posts
    How optimistic are our young maidens for the Pyro Update to release before Smissmas?
    Even more Pyro themed tiered hats?
    Can't fucking wait
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #19
    February 2014
    716 Posts
    It'll come when it'll come

and it'll come when I'm occupied with Pokemon Sun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,262 Posts
    It'll come when it'll come

and it'll come when I'm occupied with Pokemon Sun
    Pretty impressive that you'll still be playing pokemon sun next year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events

21. Post #21
    Dennab
    May 2014
    2,131 Posts
    HO wait.. you don't even have a chance to get those new halloween item.. wtf valve..
    welps.. halloween used to be an event where everyone could get their own little spooky cosmetics.. Seems like this isn't the case for this year, you'll have to PAY like every other cosmetic in this games. Ah, well, we still got good maps anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox France Show Events

22. Post #22
    September 2015
    747 Posts
    Hold on I just realized.

The odds of an unusual are doubled. But the normal chance for that is 1/100

So congratulations, you now have a 2% chance of getting an unusual. Whoopty doo.
    Actually, evidence indicates that unusual chances are even lower than one percent. So instead of a 2% chance, it's more likely we're actually closer to 1/100 now than we were before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    March 2016
    154 Posts
    Most of the new halloween cosmetics are meh.
    I mean, a turkey beanie? Really, that's what you went with.
    Over abundance of "cute" plushie type of hats like the one we got as the disgaea promo.
    The Spy set looks pretty interesting.
    80% of others look kinda meh as I said.

3 NEW MAPS!
    Tell me if they do anything that the other halloween maps don't do. I'll consider them then.

Also a huge chance for unusuals now.
    Maybe I'll open a few cases.
    I won't actually open any cases, it's not fucking worth it, because as I mentioned before the new hats aren't that great, plus getting lucky isn't a thing I do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    September 2015
    747 Posts
    Also, I'm pretty upset we only have 3 maps (compared to Halloween 2015's 4, 5 if you count Mannpower Hellfire) and Slasher (one of the best-looking ones) didn't get in.

Now, the main argument against Slasher getting in would probably be late submission. After all, it's only been about 5 days since the map was submitted to the workshop.

Even so, Valve didn't give an early blog post with a submission deadline this month like they did last year. I feel like this is a huge contributing factor as to why Slasher wasn't completed in time to be considered, and that bothers me quite a bit.

It's like they forgot about Halloween entirely this year until a week ago, at which point they were like "oh yeah right shit we gotta ship halloween lol".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

25. Post #25
    July 2016
    144 Posts
    I recently tried unboxing 13 all-class crates.
    The results: 13 shit hats, 0 unusuals, 0 unusualifiers, 0 stranges, 0 things worth my FUCKING TIME.

Im taking a break before I get angrier at all the shit that's going on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    October 2010
    1,193 Posts
    I just want them to add the regular versions of the maps after this is done (with regular Moonshine and Millstone, too!), please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Dennab
    May 2014
    2,131 Posts
    Most of the new halloween cosmetics are meh.
    I mean, a turkey beanie? Really, that's what you went with.
    Over abundance of "cute" plushie type of hats like the one we got as the disgaea promo.
    The Spy set looks pretty interesting.
    80% of others look kinda meh as I said.

3 NEW MAPS!
    Tell me if they do anything that the other halloween maps don't do. I'll consider them then.

Also a huge chance for unusuals now.
    Maybe I'll open a few cases.
    I won't actually open any cases, it's not fucking worth it, because as I mentioned before the new hats aren't that great, plus getting lucky isn't a thing I do
    Plus holy shit how that Pyroland mask for the pyro as highest tier cosmetic you can get in that box is completely HORRENDOUS to watch. One more item to add to the "Breaking Artstyle item" list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    September 2012
    342 Posts
    For anyone interested I did a dump of the classes, datamaps and netprops.

http://invalidvertex.com/dump_tf2.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    October 2014
    1,553 Posts
    I just made 6 euros by selling a case.

It's way more worth to sell them then to open them even with an increased unusual chance, atleast for today and tommorow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    March 2016
    154 Posts
    My expectations were already really low, because giving us OK hats is like the least they could do.

If they're going to give us this garbage, then they might aswell employ hobos from the streets to push updates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Lithuania Show Events

31. Post #31
    RUDE MEANIE
    December 2011
    5,115 Posts
    So is it just me or are contracts just not working at all?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

32. Post #32

June 2016
    220 Posts
    I just wish Valve stops adding Tiered Hats in Full Stop
    But no, they never listen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

33. Post #33
    September 2014
    1,778 Posts
    I'd love to do the Merasmissions.

If they actually worked ;_;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events

34. Post #34
    October 2014
    1,553 Posts
    So is it just me or are contracts just not working at all?
    They are most likely bugged because of Item Servers.

You should try to restart your game if you know you have completed one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Czech Republic Show Events

35. Post #35
    June 2016
    10 Posts
    I'm absolutely in love with the new crown cosmetic
    inb4 it's locked behind tiers and the all class elite hat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    February 2015
    87 Posts
    It hasn't even been a few hours, and I'm already bored of the event.

It's just not the same, back then there was always something new and exciting. A map with completely new, unseen gimmicks, spells, zombies, spellbooks, even the contracts managed to be fresh enough to do it for me, not to mention the comics.
    This year, on the other hand, just feels like a pre-recorded message of "Happy Halloween!" and nothing much else. Yeah, the idea's there, but none of the stuff that made it exciting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Czech Republic Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    May 2016
    210 Posts
    if you guys wanna see what the effect's look on the hat's here

i gotta say i thought the neutron star would look like a god tier, but now that i see it. it looks like another low tier crappy unusaul with the hats blocking it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    August 2014
    1,736 Posts
    This is the first time I've played since last month. When did keys become 1.99?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    February 2014
    580 Posts
    i gotta say i thought the neutron star would look like a god tier, but now that i see it. it looks like another low tier crappy unusaul with the hats blocking it.
    You know you can raise and lower the height of unusuals, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,560 Posts
    I just wish Valve stops adding Tiered Hats in Full Stop
    But no, they never listen
    the default template for new crates is probably tiered. They probably don't even realize they're still running on a "experiment"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)