1. Post #161
    June 2016
    924 Posts
    It feels like every update at this point breaks the game for OS X/Linux (reportedly) players. I really don't want to buy a new PC just to play TF2 (especially when I get around 100 frames with my current computer), but I might have to at this rate...
    i with you on that, but at least they fixed the "Out of memory" errors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events

2. Post #162
    January 2016
    301 Posts
    On the plus side, at least trading and steam is still working. I remember in the past a major TF2 update would destroy the trade servers.
    Too bad there's nothing to trade for in this update and you can't even do contracts to get items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #163
    September 2015
    97 Posts
    Question: Are the new cosmetics limited to Halloween, or are they year round? The tiers and the non-absurdity of them make me think they're year round, but I'm not sure. I mostly ask because of the Burly Beast hehe.

4. Post #164
    June 2013
    450 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 20Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    August 2014
    1,734 Posts
    With all these new inspection animations and taunts, it's weird seeing Valve put so much care into animations as of late.

Then you realise it's because they can monetise them this time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    June 2016
    924 Posts
    Question: Are the new cosmetics limited to Halloween, or are they year round? The tiers and the non-absurdity of them make me think they're year round, but I'm not sure. I mostly ask because of the Burly Beast hehe.
    they are all year round, exept for the planes

7. Post #167
    September 2015
    97 Posts
    This just in:

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
    - Fixed spooky OS X crash upon joining a server
    - Fixed not being able to gain progress on Merasmissions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    September 2012
    2,209 Posts
    It feels like every update at this point breaks the game for OS X/Linux (reportedly) players. I really don't want to buy a new PC just to play TF2 (especially when I get around 100 frames with my current computer), but I might have to at this rate...
    According to a Reddit post from Jill a couple of months ago they may not be able to fix it:

It will help, but, unfortunately, the GL builds are running into a genuine memory pressure issue that can't be solved so easily. OS X users hitting this will benefit from upgrading to 10.11 and lowering texture resolution (especially on intel graphics).

Linux users with intel graphics should use the newest mesa driver stack available. Those using a 32bit kernel should consider switching to a 64bit distro if possible, to maximize available address space to 32bit processes.
    I wonder if porting the game to Vulkin would fix the issue (or even be possible for them to do).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

9. Post #169
    September 2014
    894 Posts
    - Fixed not being able to gain progress on Merasmissions
    Not to complain, But i've played 3 matches of harvest_event and i didn't get one point. And i did update it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    April 2016
    998 Posts
    Still wish they'd animate the sharp dresser by having him conceal the knife till you get behind someone. Feels so weird with it being out all the time. Although, I presume it's so you can tell the spy has his knife out I guess.

11. Post #171
    October 2014
    825 Posts
    Not to complain, But i've played 3 matches of harvest_event and i didn't get one point. And i did update it.
    Hey I still haven't even gotten a Merasmisson, consider yourself lucky
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    October 2014
    1,616 Posts
    I too was like you, believe me, it's worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

13. Post #173
    February 2014
    714 Posts
    Fucking love PD coming back, now with a Halloween makeover

That mode was my favorite part about Invasion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #174
    January 2012
    1,788 Posts
    why is no one talking about how they disabled badlands and granary in matchmaking?

15. Post #175
    February 2014
    714 Posts
    Last thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    October 2015
    13,682 Posts
    Is TF2 still down for anyone else?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,715 Posts
    Do the new spooky chests drop, or is the only way to get them through missions?

18. Post #178
    April 2016
    998 Posts
    That one new KotH Halloween map has some insanely long sniper sight lines to it. Went sniper early on because they were shitting out heavies ( probably the biggest reason I go sniper in games ), and was murdering them left and right on the point, more so the the left side of the point....

19. Post #179
    March 2014
    4,577 Posts
    tesla coil is probably my all time favorite unusual effect now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    October 2015
    13,682 Posts
    I try to join a server in TF2, but it says the "TF Coordinator service is not connected" and i've been waiting a while. What do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

21. Post #181
    June 2012
    574 Posts
    Having an issue right now on helltower where my contract stops tracking progress as soon as a soul gargoyle appears on the map and then resets to 0 after the map ends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,994 Posts
    I try to join a server in TF2, but it says the "TF Coordinator service is not connected" and i've been waiting a while. What do.
    Log out of Steam and back in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    May 2016
    35 Posts
    Merasmissions are broken once more, it wont even track points now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    April 2016
    998 Posts
    Already biting my tongue on that effect. I have a Kill-a-Watt Das Maddendoktor to give my medic a mad doctor vib to him and I even use the Quick-Fix because the backpack looks like it has a Tesla coil on it towards the top corners. But man, that effect feels like it shits Kill-a-watt down for the Mad Doctor vib.

Looks really good on some of the robot hats too, saw it on a Robo Modest Pile of hat and thought it was pretty neat there as well.

25. Post #185
    October 2015
    13,682 Posts
    I'm surprised they fixed the Pomson reload sound after all these years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

26. Post #186
    July 2016
    144 Posts
    indeed, it's a good effect!

... just put in the wrong update.

context can be the real killer, you see.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    April 2013
    183 Posts
    How rare are Creepy Crawly Cases, only a handful listed on market at around $10 USD or so.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/lis...0Crawly%20Case
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,304 Posts
    "Fixed bug where contracts wouldn't track points"
    Get in game, contracts don't track points.

GG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

29. Post #189
    February 2014
    573 Posts
    How rare are Creepy Crawly Cases, only a handful listed on market at around $10 USD or so.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/lis...0Crawly%20Case
    Rare, purely because only a rare few can actually complete the merasmissions right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Internet Explorer 11 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #190
    October 2014
    94 Posts
    -snip-

31. Post #191
    June 2014
    446 Posts
    the game is still crashing even after that small patch....

32. Post #192
    March 2014
    4,577 Posts
    I'm surprised they fixed the Pomson reload sound after all these years.
    "fixed"

now it sounds like it's being played at 8kbps through a 1995 walkie talkie

I hope you're happy about heavy tourism, tyler

I know you loved it ;^)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #193
    February 2014
    714 Posts
    Feels good to receive a decent amount of XP again; nearly filling two bars at the pink levels
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

34. Post #194
    June 2016
    924 Posts
    it really does look like volvo has increased the unusual unbox rate, there have all ready been 4 unsuals unboxes with vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm8mTU53_r0 (he gets 2, didnt record the actual unbox tho :/)
    both god-tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NzHhkYEvps
    god tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc92D9ez1j8
    pretty middle tier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    June 2014
    7,203 Posts
    Sooo... No merasmissions for the whole weekend?

36. Post #196
    July 2016
    144 Posts
    it really does look like volvo has increased the unusual unbox rate, there have all ready been 4 unsuals unboxes with vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm8mTU53_r0 (he gets 2, didnt record the actual unbox tho :/)
    both god-tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NzHhkYEvps
    god tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc92D9ez1j8
    pretty middle tier
    Just what I needed tonight: Salt in the wound.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

37. Post #197
    March 2014
    4,577 Posts
    they shouldve called the "pestering jester" the crass clown.

I'm very disappointed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

38. Post #198
    June 2016
    924 Posts
    Just what I needed tonight: Salt in the wound.
    oh and i just saw a guy with a tesla coil cotton head (also high tier) :P

39. Post #199
    April 2016
    998 Posts
    Lakeside event is like... the only time I ever use a huntsmen in this game lol...

I will admit, it's definitely one of the best screw around maps too...

40. Post #200
    July 2016
    144 Posts
    oh and i just saw a guy with a tesla coil cotton head (also high tier) :P
    Eh, I really only care about the Starlights.

The other 2 effects could be a part of gen 3 for all I care.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)