1. Post #121
    August 2014
    1,734 Posts
    So at the beginning of the update, the patch notes read that there were 22 cosmetics in this collection. A very short while later, one of the items, the "Improv Coonskin Cap" was deleted from the game and apparently pulled from the Steam Workshop. Which would mean that its only record of ever existing was the short while it was actually in the game. You can see its schema deletion entry here. However, it turns out, you can still see its backpack icon, which was uploaded to the Steam servers before its removal.

The airplane cosmetics are indeed in the case, as bonus items to go alongside a cosmetic from the collection. The airplane cosmetics just aren't a part of the Creepy Crawly Collection, that's all.
    It's probably for the best, it's a pretty ugly hat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 20Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

2. Post #122
    November 2014
    1,089 Posts
    a cooler valve would of made the new cases key a giant bug swatter also loading into a server black screens my pc 10/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #123
    March 2016
    200 Posts
    I can't party up with my friends, i hate waiting to join a server too. I'm done with this update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,304 Posts
    My contract doesn't have a progress bar. Good update. Fun update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    can we undo an update? can we do that?

because this feels like it was thrown together last minute. and i mean that as in there wasn't a game-breaking bug; they literally did the entirety of the update last minute.

i dont even want pyro update if this is what it's going to be like
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    August 2014
    1,734 Posts
    can we undo an update? can we do that?
    Come on, this update didn't make the game worse in any way, it just didn't add anything substantial to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #127
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    Come on, this update didn't make the game worse in any way, it just didn't add anything substantial to it.
    Yes it did, It shattered hope I didn't know I had.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    November 2014
    1,089 Posts
    it broke the game for me so it made it worse for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    This shit wouldn't of flied if we stayed mad at valve for even trying to monetize mods...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    July 2016
    144 Posts
    It's a fucking bullet to the balls for me.

I am a Halloween fanatic, and seeing one of my favorite games put out a bad halloween even hurts like how everyone else felt during Meet your Match.

come to think of it, that's what SF8 is: Meet your Match for Scream Fortress fans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Steam United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

11. Post #131
    October 2014
    825 Posts
    Has anyone even got a Merasmisson yet? I'm I didnt get one upon booting up the game or booting up a match
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

12. Post #132
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    It's a fucking bullet to the balls for me.

I am a Halloween fanatic, and seeing one of my favorite games put out a bad halloween even hurts like how everyone else felt during Meet your Match.

come to think of it, that's what SF8 is: Meet your Match for Scream Fortress fans.
    Except Meet Your Match stays year long. We only get this til Nov 9. Which is even more a kick in the balls.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SArais/inventory/#440

as you can tell, i'm not big on the other year-round cosmetics, which is why i like the more kickass halloween items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events

13. Post #133
    April 2016
    456 Posts
    Did valve really just place a spider on the gargoyle box and key
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    June 2014
    7,207 Posts
    I'm having more fun on the new Pit map than I ever had on Harvest_event, or Carnival, or Eyeaduct. By that metric I'd say it's at LEAST middle of the road in terms of Halloween update quality so far, you guys need to chill. And Valve servers always shit the bed when a new update comes out, give it a few hours and the contracts will be up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #135
    September 2012
    2,212 Posts
    This update does feel a little thrown together last minute, especially with the lack of an update page. I can understand why Valve would be too busy this year to do an update but I hope they have time to make some new content for Halloween next year.

Has anyone even got a Merasmisson yet? I'm I didnt get one upon booting up the game or booting up a match
    Nope I haven't gotten one. The GC servers are most likely being hammered right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    Did valve really just place a spider on the gargoyle box and key
    Yep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events

17. Post #137
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts
    Three things:

#1 Fuck these map changes in competitive. They will never listen to community outcry when it comes to maps. Also, hoo-lee shit they spent like 20 minutes on the materials/icons for this update didn't they?

#2 I like some of the cosmetics in this update. The heavy's new shirt, the new spy set, and new helicopter/plane models finally showed up

#3 Does anyone have a list of the holloween restricted items?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

18. Post #138
    July 2016
    144 Posts
    Except Meet Your Match stays year long. We only get this til Nov 9. Which is even more a kick in the balls.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SArais/inventory/#440

as you can tell, i'm not big on the other year-round cosmetics, which is why i like the more kickass halloween items.
    Im a Halloween Effects kinda guy, I absolutely adore every Halloween effect!
    ...EXCEPT Tesla Coil and Neutron Star.

Starstorm Slumber and Starstorm Insomnia are pretty rad though!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Steam United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    June 2014
    446 Posts
    this game wont stop crashing, cant even make it past the server loading screen

I'll just wait for the patch Monday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events

20. Post #140
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts

Bunly Beast

Also, anyone try the maps yet? How are they?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 26Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #141
    November 2014
    1,089 Posts

Bunly Beast

glad I'm not the only one who saw a butt

22. Post #142
    July 2016
    144 Posts

Bunly Beast

the pit one is pretty good, brimstone is low-mediocre, and Maple ridge is dull and boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Steam United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #143
    April 2016
    456 Posts
    when I first saw "death pit" in the map list, I thought we got that gravelpit event reskin that looked so cool, now I'm just sad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,497 Posts
    Look at it the other way.

At least the bi-annual comic wasn't delayed by another Halloween comic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #145
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts
    HOLD UP

Celtic Crown from Fancy vs Nasty (2010)

That new crown thing from this update.

These two items are way too similar to just be a coincidence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    November 2014
    785 Posts
    garbage update with one decent map and two mediocre maps and next to no "good" cosmetics.
    the kicker is that they added brimstone (which is hellstone but a thousand fucking times less shit) and kept fucking hellstone in.

""halloween"" cobtracts that don't work because you forgot to turn them back on, just shows how little thought went into this update.

oh and they also forgot to give soul gargoyles to people who deleted their soul gargoyles.
    here i thought we couldn't top how bad ETOL was but i guess we have.

oh and congrats valve for showing everyone on this update that you only wanted your customer's money and don't care how much corner cutting you do to release a ""Major Content Update"" to your 7+ year old game.

you may as well just start development on """Team Fortress 3""" and hope to god that you don't fuck up as badly as you did with this update alone.

oh but wait

THERE'S MORE!

it took you people 4 whole fucking years to make a competitive ""matchmaking"" system that was just cut/pasted matchmaking that MvM uses, along with ZERO weapon restrictions or class limits (because fighting 4 engineers while trying to push last is FUN, RIGHT GUYS?)
    the community has had it's own competitive for YEARS now and you suddenly think you can force people to use your Godawful, untested trainwreck of a system and OUTRIGHT IGNORE THE COMMUNITY'S SUGGESTIONS FOR SAID SYSTEM AND THEN REMOVE THE "Beta" TAG FROM SAID SYSTEM? i think not. the community will still use their own competitive formats because they work and your silly excuse for a competitive format is fucking asine garbage that will be looked at in disappointment for future generations.
    you guys can give me shit all you want but i have at least one valid point in that "rant" about how badly valve fucked up this time, at this point you people should hope that they don't do the same to sissmas 2016.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb x 19Agree x 5Winner x 4Funny x 1Artistic x 1Disagree x 1Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    September 2012
    2,212 Posts
    the kicker is that they added brimstone (which is hellstone but a thousand fucking times less shit) and kept fucking hellstone in.
    That's what I thought at first too but Brimstone is based on Fifth Curve/5Curve, which is a different map but by the same map maker has Hellstone/Millstone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    July 2013
    2,418 Posts
    They managed to screw up things again, remember the glitched universal kits? They are back now apparently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Romania Show Events

29. Post #149
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    19,106 Posts
    HOLD UP

it's just a coincidence, they both seem to be based on the same real life crown. Mine was at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    June 2014
    7,207 Posts
    HOLD UP

Yeah! It's almost like they're based off of the same kind of crown which is really recognizable and well-known.

31. Post #151
    September 2015
    45 Posts
    They managed to screw up things again, remember the glitched universal kits? They are back now apparently.
    Wait like ks kits?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Steam Canada Show Events

32. Post #152
    May 2016
    250 Posts
    garbage update with one decent map and two mediocre maps and next to no "good" cosmetics.

""halloween"" cobtracts that don't work because you forgot to turn them back on, just shows how little thought went into this update.

oh and they also forgot to give soul gargoyles to people who deleted their soul gargoyles.

oh and congrats valve for showing everyone on this update that you only wanted your customer's money and don't care how much corner cutting you do to release a ""Major Content Update"" to your 7+ year old game.

you may as well just start development on """Team Fortress 3""" and hope to god that you don't fuck up as badly as you did with this update alone.

oh but wait

THERE'S MORE!

it took you people 4 whole fucking years to make a competitive ""matchmaking"" system that was just cut/pasted matchmaking that MvM uses, along with ZERO weapon restrictions or class limits (because fighting 4 engineers while trying to push last is FUN, RIGHT GUYS?)
    the community has had it's own competitive for YEARS now and you suddenly think you can force people to use your Godawful, untested trainwreck of a system and OUTRIGHT IGNORE THE COMMUNITY'S SUGGESTIONS FOR SAID SYSTEM AND THEN REMOVE THE "Beta" TAG FROM SAID SYSTEM? i think not. the community will still use their own competitive formats because they work and your silly excuse for a competitive format is fucking asine garbage that will be looked at in disappointment for future generations.
    you guys can give me shit all you want but i have at least one valid point in that "rant" about how badly valve fucked up this time, at this point you people should hope that they don't do the same to sissmas 2016.
    If this is worse than EOTL, why don'tcha just call it quits? I mean, we can't change minds but personally I'm cool with the update.

The contracts will work, gice them time. They get rushed by needy people as is, so we might as well give them a form of break.
    The maps bit i agree with. Altho slasher was late it's still a bit meh we didn't get a big exciting one like gorge_event was (at least, theme wise)
    Why would you delete the Gargoyle? They couldve brought Transmogrifying back randomly.
    I can't comment on comp because I avoid it like the plague

Also, is this site known for community suggestions as much as Reddit is?

33. Post #153
    "Epic Leddit pwner :)"
    March 2010
    14,237 Posts

That new crown thing from this update. These two items are way too similar to just be a coincidence.
    Other have beaten me to the punch with this, but still, I wouldn't really say it was plagiarised on purpose, with the fact they both seem to be based off of Saint Edward's Crown. With all due respect to Royzo, The Fancy vs Nasty Update has kinda slipped off of everyone's radar, and I don't believe he reuploaded all the content in it to the TF2 workshop (and knowing the TF Team nowadays they wouldn't want to faff about with implementing content uploaded on the old legacy contribute page).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    Dennab
    August 2015
    1,115 Posts
    words words words

Also, is this site known for community suggestions as much as Reddut is?
    Well seeing as like 80-90% of all community projects/maps/weapons come through here I would say ye
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    Dreams of chronic and sustained critglows.
    December 2010
    17,715 Posts
    Pit of Death is a unique enough game mode, it really feels like a proper Halloween update map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #156
    June 2013
    450 Posts
    The Spy now has Sharp Dresser inspect animations. Is this new? I never noticed them before. Video coming
    It has two different idle animations, ooo. He also appears to have inspect animations for the other knives like the YER

37. Post #157
    April 2016
    999 Posts
    it's just a coincidence, they both seem to be based on the same real life crown. Mine was at least.
    I had a sketch of a crown like this for TF2 as well, I based it also off of existing real life version of said crown.

I wanted to try and make special crowns towards Comp matchmaking in hopes competitive matchmaking kicked off. If it did become popular, I was wishful thinking that Valve should hold maybe 1 or 2 annual tournaments by ranks and prizes could be stuff like these hats that can be kept till the next one kicks off and it goes to a new set of winners.

Thought it could be used to motivate people to not only just play Comp MM, but a little tidbit that could push people to try and better themselves for potential fun.

Never finished the concept though, got distracted and finally thought it was a fool errand to even try so I stopped lol. Not only that, but if it went via ranked you'd need like what, 20 different types of crowns per rank and thought it'd be a lot of over kill to try and make so many options lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

38. Post #158
    September 2015
    45 Posts

oh but wait

THERE'S MORE!

noice rant m8, but there is some positive here like the new maps aint too bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Steam Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

39. Post #159
    September 2015
    97 Posts
    It feels like every update at this point breaks the game for OS X/Linux (reportedly) players. I really don't want to buy a new PC just to play TF2 (especially when I get around 100 frames with my current computer), but I might have to at this rate...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    April 2013
    183 Posts
    On the plus side, at least trading and steam is still working. I remember in the past a major TF2 update would destroy the trade servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)