1. Post #81
    August 2013
    9,628 Posts
    You do know you're also supporting fellow community members by taking part in these updates and any monetary involvement is entirely optional, yeah? There's also a considerable amount of work that would need to go into something like this, even if it was an unofficial community project, if you've ever taken part in the development of any sort of similar project, you'd know what it takes to do something like this. Stop being so aimlessly pessimistic and negative towards things that don't exactly align with your own view of how things should be handled, everything has a silver lining.

Also, the Something Special for Someone Special and the existence of Half-Life 3 are not correlated at all. The whole Valve office didn't just roll into the TF2 section to ship a wedding ring that also benefits a community contributor each time its purchased.
    it also makes people really happy when you buy them it, in my experience. That or most of my close friends are freeloaders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

2. Post #82
    February 2014
    714 Posts

I've been on a Mad Max/Hokuto no Ken craze as of late and it looked better than I thought, so thanks Valve and Psyke and team
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,047 Posts
    Sooo

where are the contracts?

4. Post #84
    November 2014
    255 Posts
    They're broken, silly.
    And they will be until tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #85
    January 2015
    1,313 Posts
    Sooo

where are the contracts?
    broken as it typically is once a contract update starts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    August 2016
    17 Posts
    I really miss spells, this a disappointment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #87
    September 2012
    2,210 Posts
    No update page is a weird and disapointing decision.
    Also it seems kinda strange Brimstone is shipped as a separate map instead of just updating Hellstone, but maybe it's different enough to justify it? I haven't actually played it yet so I'm not sure.

Edit: Also the ability to save and load your map settings is really since but the icon should do something to indicate it saved, like change color.

Edit2: I see Brimstone is an update of 5Curve not Millstone. My mistake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

8. Post #88
    July 2016
    144 Posts
    You seem strangely- and extremely -defensive over these people, even when most of what you're saying flies in the face of the quality of recent output. This also isn't an excuse when we had utter assloads of content in 2014.

But please, continue imagining silver linings that aren't there. You'll do WONDERS for the quality of the future updates.

Valve continues to do this because we do not raise more of a fuss.

Also yes, I'm pretty sure that the diamond ring was valves way of saying "Fuck you."- they could of made countless better things in that rate, not to mention the literal gold bricks whenever somebody receives a golden frying pan.

Valve is so fucking rich at this point that they don't even need to do anything. They are literally being paid for doing nothing.
    This. Fucking this.

I don't care how hard people worked on something, in fact, Im not even complaining about it! (except that one boring koth map added this year that made up 1/3 of the new maps).
    my issue is with the how fucking bare-bones this update is: 3 maps, 2 hat unusual effects that are worth your time, 4 taunt Unusual effects, and another fucking tiered case.

There's so LITTLE to do after the merasmissions that it's not worth it (especially now that the things don't fucking work). I can't bring myself to play more than one round before fucking off to youtube to watch videos or a different game!

In fact, i'm willing to say this may be the WORST Scream Fortress event of all time. Yes, you CAN play the old maps. But why would you want to when there's nothing you can get out of them besides what you got every other year.

hate me as you like, just know that Im loudly upset not because I hate Scream Fortress. I actually LOVE the halloween updates since 2012's and I only want to see it get better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

9. Post #89
    November 2014
    356 Posts
    Yes, you CAN play the old maps. But why would you want to when there's nothing you can get out of them besides what you got every other year.

Maybe for fun instead of for hats?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

10. Post #90
    April 2016
    998 Posts
    Edited: Well Kitt, you always said you wanted a Star-Themed Unusual Effect in-game: Well here you go
    I am, although I'm a little stumpted as to why they didn't consider Yellow Stars as well, which are probably a more popular color choice for stars usually, more so cartoony designed ones. With my luck though I can't even get the effect on the hat I wanted anyway, like the invasion update. Which is why I wish they were tools that can be applied to any hat that can be an unusual. I want my Merc Mohawk with either Nebula or the Pruple Shooting Stars Valve! lol

Also, make them not worth a million keys either... Being an all class hat it probably would be 500+ keys to try and get one lol.

Also, out of curiosity. I know having an item you made that gets into the game gives the makers a community version of it. Do they do anything for taunts or unsuaul effects? Like for effect you get to pick a specific hat to get the effect placed on it by chance?

Guess I'll jump into the game now that I got home from the Rehabilitation Center to check up on a friend of mine and the games done updating.

Congrats to everyone who got something into the update by the way!

Of course the first of the new effects I see ingame is the green Stars on a Merc's Mohawk lol.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    July 2016
    144 Posts
    that's what I meant. You can get fun out of them, in fact I still find some fun in Manor_event.

my issue is that it's always the same, and the elements that made them more interesting (the gifts) have been taken away and replaced with those soul gargoyles that are pretty much not worth seeking because of how easy it is to get souls in general.

12. Post #92
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    Not to mention that most prior years usually introduced some form of new mechanic.

I mean, why the hell couldn't we have done something with PASS or MANNpower?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events

13. Post #93
    November 2014
    710 Posts
    Sadly he's right.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #94
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    why quote me in particular
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

15. Post #95
    It's not gay unless balls are touching
    February 2013
    2,303 Posts

Good update

10/10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Waterfox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

16. Post #96

June 2016
    217 Posts
    Anywat, those New Unusualifers don"t let you choose what taunt you can put it on, you get one that can only be Placed on a specific taunt
    For example there is a Oblooterated one on the Market that can only go a Oblooterated taunt
    http://steamcommunity.com/market/lis...20Unusualifier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

17. Post #97
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    Anywat, those New Unusualifers don"t let you choose what taunt you can put it on, you get one that can only be Placed on a specific taunt
    For example there is a Oblooterated one on the Market that can only go a Oblooterated taunt
    Why am I not surprised?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    May 2016
    35 Posts
    So The crates were glitched Giving out the Universal Killstreak Kits, Unique Unusuals & Strange Unique items, its been patched but they are still in the game as being unique and strange. GG Valve

19. Post #99
    July 2016
    144 Posts
    Oh god...

20. Post #100
    June 2014
    7,204 Posts
    Pit of Death is so much fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Steam United States Show Events

21. Post #101
    November 2013
    1,369 Posts
    Are they even trying anymore

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 25Winner Winner x 2 (list)

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,281 Posts
    So The crates were glitched Giving out the Universal Killstreak Kits, Unique Unusuals & Strange Unique items, its been patched but they are still in the game as being unique and strange. GG Valve
    Valve allowing glitched items to further muddy up the economy? Who would have guessed.

23. Post #103
    Dennab
    May 2014
    2,131 Posts
    Hats are the only contents with maps added in game in today's tf2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox France Show Events

24. Post #104

May 2011
    1,162 Posts
    look at this icon and tell me they haven't lost all fucks to give

Looks like a stock image to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Waterfox Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

25. Post #105
    October 2016
    65 Posts
    Can you get Halloween 2015 items via transmuting with the Gargoyle? Like, could I get a Death Racer's Helmet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    I'm pretty sure they don't give a fuck. That has to be photoshopped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    January 2015
    1,313 Posts
    I want my Merc Mohawk with either Nebula or the Pruple Shooting Stars Valve!
    since the unusuals update affects the effects found in all crates, any unusual mohawks unboxed during this time period will be guaranteed to have one of the 4 new effects, so 1/2 of them will be ones you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

28. Post #108
    April 2016
    998 Posts
    since the unusuals update affects the effects found in all crates, any unusual mohawks unboxed during this time period will be guaranteed to have one of the 4 new effects, so 1/2 of them will be ones you want.
    So I'd have to unbox a lot of those all class hat crates then I presume...
    Gotta be fun being on a very tight budget since I just moved a few months ago lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,281 Posts
    So what are the airplane cosmetics? Theyre restricted and arent in the crate so i assume you can only get them via transmute?

30. Post #110
    October 2016
    65 Posts
    If you even had a lick of excitement, that shit should be on Happy already.

Back to items, I love the new content. It's just so goofy and I love it all. But why the cardboard copter restriction? Why wasn't the soda popper reverted?
    Wait, what do you mean?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

31. Post #111
    February 2014
    714 Posts
    I was fairly grossed out but seeing screenshots, they seem cheapened.

Personally, I always associate yellow quality items as standard common items.

32. Post #112
    April 2013
    183 Posts
    A bit disappointing there are no free items you can get with this event.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events

33. Post #113
    October 2016
    65 Posts
    A bit disappointing there are no free items you can get with this event.
    This update would've been literally 98% better if they had enabled Haunted Halloween Gifts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

34. Post #114
    November 2013
    1,369 Posts
    Anyone get a contract yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    August 2014
    1,734 Posts
    Anyone get a contract yet?
    Yes.

Actually fulfilling them is another matter entirely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #116
    June 2014
    446 Posts
    got into match making and

game crashed instantly

gr8 update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #117
    April 2011
    251 Posts
    So at the beginning of the update, the patch notes read that there were 22 cosmetics in this collection. A very short while later, one of the items, the "Improv Coonskin Cap" was deleted from the game and apparently pulled from the Steam Workshop. Which would mean that its only record of ever existing was the short while it was actually in the game. You can see its schema deletion entry here. However, it turns out, you can still see its backpack icon, which was uploaded to the Steam servers before its removal.

So what are the airplane cosmetics? Theyre restricted and arent in the crate so i assume you can only get them via transmute?
    The airplane cosmetics are indeed in the case, as bonus items to go alongside a cosmetic from the collection. The airplane cosmetics just aren't a part of the Creepy Crawly Collection, that's all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    April 2013
    183 Posts
    By the way, is anyone planning to post/take screenshots of new items. Workshop screenshots are kind of stylized & disorganized, wonder how they all look under regular conditions, maybe from loadout view.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Canada Show Events

39. Post #119
    April 2016
    998 Posts
    Well, got the effect I wanted from 12 multi-class crates... Not a Merc's mohawk per say but I'll take it over nothing lol.

Maybe I can be lucky and someone will trade me the Merc's Mohawk with this...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

40. Post #120
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    So at the beginning of the update, the patch notes read that there were 22 cosmetics in this collection. A very short while later, one of the items, the "Improv Coonskin Cap" was deleted from the g-]
    so we didn't even get 22 items, let alone 22 fitting items for halloween. this is just sad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)