1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,229 Posts

Hooray! Big thanks to anyone who supported or helped out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 18Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

2. Post #42
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    I think the most terrifying thing about this year's Halloween is how bad it is.

I'm not saying the items or maps are bad; just that valve's selection and setup of this year is utterly sad, and they could of picked MUCH BETTER ITEMS THAT WERE MORE BEFITTING OF HALLOWEEN.

seriously, slasher isn't one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

3. Post #43
    September 2015
    747 Posts
    It hasn't even been a few hours, and I'm already bored of the event.

It's just not the same, back then there was always something new and exciting. A map with completely new, unseen gimmicks, spells, zombies, spellbooks, even the contracts managed to be fresh enough to do it for me, not to mention the comics.
    This year, on the other hand, just feels like a pre-recorded message of "Happy Halloween!" and nothing much else. Yeah, the idea's there, but none of the stuff that made it exciting.
    Not even that, dude.

The new KOTH map (Maple Ridge Event) has no spells, no bosses, no Hell, no ghosts, no skeletons. There are NO Halloween-related gameplay modifiers besides the ones forced game wide (getting souls from kills and the occasional crit pickup). It's just a spooky reskin of a completely normal map, but all of the actual Halloween shit is just gone.

Pit of Death at least has spells, but I haven't gotten into that one yet.

I haven't played Brimstone yet, so that might be good. But with only 3 maps to pick from this year, 1 is basically just a normal map. We have literally half the Halloween this year that we had last year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    January 2016
    305 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,516 Posts
    I can outright declare that Slasher isn't included because it was late. Don't be frustrated with Valve, there's always next year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree x 15Informative x 1Artistic x 1Friendly x 1Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    March 2016
    154 Posts
    I can outright declare that Slasher isn't included because it was late. Don't be frustrated with Valve, there's always next year.
    The big truth of Facepunch is that we're always frustrated with Valve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Lithuania Show Events

7. Post #47
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    That isn't a valid excuse on Valve's behalf, I WILL be fustrated with valve, as this isn't the first, nor last time they have gypped us. Slasher was probably one of the better maps and we got FUCKING MAPLE RIDGE which is basically a fucking reskin and nothing more.

And we'll keep eating it up because Valve has given us Stockholm Syndrome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    May 2016
    250 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    I'm a very kind and awesome person!
    June 2010
    12,338 Posts
    Oh hey, "The Victory Leap" is using animations that have been in the game for a long time. Neat I guess. Can you honk with it too, cause I remember there being animation for that as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    September 2015
    747 Posts
    This is big coming from you, but I can't not be frustrated with Valve for their decisions with this update.

I mean, they didn't even give mappers like yourself a deadline this year. Last year, ya'll had a full month to work on and submit your maps for Halloween. This time, you had less than a week of notice, and I think that's pretty shitty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,516 Posts
    That isn't a valid excuse on Valve's behalf, I WILL be fustrated with valve, as this isn't the first, nor last time they have gypped us. Slasher was probably one of the better maps and we got FUCKING MAPLE RIDGE which is basically a fucking reskin and nothing more.

Don't you dare use the lack of my map to insult the inclusion of others.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Winner Winner x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,960 Posts
    There isn't even an update page for the halloween update... Does that mean that it will only be classified as a "content pack" on the wiki?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events

13. Post #53
    February 2014
    716 Posts

Good update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

14. Post #54
    February 2014
    716 Posts
    It's just the custom hud, btw

15. Post #55
    January 2010
    841 Posts
    Left clicking in the bumpercar taunt makes you beep the horn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

16. Post #56
    November 2015
    540 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events

17. Post #57
    December 2013
    1,850 Posts
    my contracts outright have no point indicators

ffs i try to play your game with a broken arm and i get this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Turkey Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    14,071 Posts
    Always loved the Halloween updates but I really can't stand this new matchmaking system, it's just not fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    August 2014
    1,736 Posts
    Sorry for asking again, but does anyone know when UK prices went up in the Mann Co Store? I checked all the patchnotes from the last month and saw nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #60
    May 2016
    250 Posts
    Sorry for asking again, but does anyone know when UK prices went up in the Mann Co Store? I checked all the patchnotes from the last month and saw nothing.
    Some time after the Pound Sterling dropped, methinks. Sounds right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    June 2014
    7,208 Posts

How is it an excuse that Void submitted his map too late to get added? The only person who can really be considered responsible for that is the mapmakers. It's a great map and I would've liked to see it get added, but there's no way you can spin this that it's Valve's fault that it didn't get added.

22. Post #62

June 2016
    219 Posts
    Not even that, dude.

The new KOTH map (Maple Ridge Event) has no spells, no bosses, no Hell, no ghosts, no skeletons. There are NO Halloween-related gameplay modifiers besides the ones forced game wide (getting souls from kills and the occasional crit pickup). It's just a spooky reskin of a completely normal map, but all of the actual Halloween shit is just gone.
    Valve did the same with Sinshine last year
    It was Also just a Reskin with no Spells or bosses ect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #63
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    The truest comment to ever arise on Facepunch's wafty doors.

but neither does a tiny flying UFO alien honestly...
    Pretty sure ufos and aliens fit right in nicely with halloween.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,262 Posts
    We're not even good enough to have an update page made this year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    July 2016
    144 Posts
    The lack of Slasher was a big reason for my major dissapointment with this year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Steam United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #66

June 2016
    219 Posts
    How is it an excuse that Void submitted his map too late to get added? The only person who can really be considered responsible for that is the mapmakers. It's a great map and I would've liked to see it get added, but there's no way you can spin this that it's Valve's fault that it didn't get added.
    May have helped if Valve gave more a Week Notice
    And they did release the update much Earlier then any other update
    As the last 7 were released between the 26th and 29th, while today is the 21st
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    October 2016
    65 Posts
    What determines getting a Merasmission? Haven't gotten one yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

28. Post #68
    I'm a very kind and awesome person!
    June 2010
    12,338 Posts
    Perfect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Germany Show Events

29. Post #69
    May 2016
    250 Posts
    What determines getting a Merasmission? Haven't gotten one yet.
    I got 2 on launch, weirdly.
    Also, R.I.P Gift Cauldrons

30. Post #70
    January 2012
    856 Posts
    They took out the speed boost though, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #71
    November 2013
    444 Posts
    Well this update could have been a lot better if they had just enabled gift drops in the old maps...

I don't get the point of the soul gargoyles when you can literally just level your gargoyle up by killing bots on tr_walkway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

32. Post #72
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    Valve could redeem themselves by pulling off some of the older restrictions on items that don't really need them. Or at least putting a modicum of effort into it. Or a single new weapon skin.
    Halloween's something the majority of tf2 players look towards highly.
    It doesn't give me good hopes for the pyro update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #73
    May 2016
    250 Posts
    Well this update could have been a lot better if they had just enabled gift drops in the old maps...

I don't get the point of the soul gargoyles when you can literally just level your gargoyle up by killing bots on tr_walkway.
    The transmogrifier thing that lets you swap 3 useless hats for a possibly-good-but-probably-a-Death-Support-Pack Halloween-restricted cosmetic, of course!

34. Post #74
    November 2013
    444 Posts
    The transmogrifier thing that lets you swap 3 useless hats for a possibly-good-but-probably-a-Death-Support-Pack Halloween-restricted cosmetic, of course!
    I meant the ghost gargoyle pickups on the map. I'm fine with the campaign marker item as is (thank god for the transmogrify feature) but the pickups are so dumb compared to what was there before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

35. Post #75
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    I meant the ghost gargoyle pickups on the map. I'm fine with the campaign marker item as is (thank god for the transmogrify feature) but the pickups are so dumb compared to what was there before.
    Again, it's just valve wanting more money out of it. The valve we used to know is long-dead. I used to enjoy running around and getting the halloween gifts and such.

This is just really sad. I would of bloody well put together part of the update if needed be. It wouldn't of been original, but it would of been something other than "here's two blog posts please insert cash".

I had a bad feeling about the whole ordeal when we saw the wedding ring added. That was when I had extreme doubts about HL3 ever existing. Or valve ever making another game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    May 2016
    250 Posts
    If you even had a lick of excitement, that shit should be on Happy already.

Back to items, I love the new content. It's just so goofy and I love it all. But why the cardboard copter restriction? Why wasn't the soda popper reverted?

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,516 Posts
    Again, it's just valve wanting more money out of it. The valve we used to know is long-dead. I used to enjoy running around and getting the halloween gifts and such.

This is just really sad. I would of bloody well put together part of the update if needed be. It wouldn't of been original, but it would of been something other than "here's two blog posts please insert cash".

I had a bad feeling about the whole ordeal when we saw the wedding ring added. That was when I had extreme doubts about HL3 ever existing.
    You do know you're also supporting fellow community members by taking part in these updates and any monetary involvement is entirely optional, yeah? There's also a considerable amount of work that would need to go into something like this, even if it was an unofficial community project, if you've ever taken part in the development of any sort of similar project, you'd know what it takes to do something like this. Stop being so aimlessly pessimistic and negative towards things that don't exactly align with your own view of how things should be handled, everything has a silver lining.

Also, the Something Special for Someone Special and the existence of Half-Life 3 are not correlated at all. The whole Valve office didn't just roll into the TF2 section to ship a wedding ring that also benefits a community contributor each time its purchased.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

38. Post #78
    September 2012
    697 Posts
    You do know you're also supporting fellow community members by taking part in these updates and any monetary involvement is entirely optional, yeah? There's also a considerable amount of work that would need to go into something like this, even if it was an unofficial community project, if you've ever taken part in the development of any sort of similar project, you'd know what it takes to do something like this. Stop being so aimlessly pessimistic and negative towards things that don't exactly align with your own view of how things should be handled, everything has a silver lining.

Also, the Something Special for Someone Special and the existence of Half-Life 3 are not correlated at all. The whole Valve office didn't just roll into the TF2 section to ship a wedding ring that also benefits a community contributor each time its purchased.
    You seem strangely- and extremely -defensive over these people, even when most of what you're saying flies in the face of the quality of recent output. This also isn't an excuse when we had utter assloads of content in 2014.

But please, continue imagining silver linings that aren't there. You'll do WONDERS for the quality of the future updates.

Valve continues to do this because we do not raise more of a fuss.

Also yes, I'm pretty sure that the diamond ring was valves way of saying "Fuck you."- they could of made countless better things in that rate, not to mention the literal gold bricks whenever somebody receives a golden frying pan.

Valve is so fucking rich at this point that they don't even need to do anything. They are literally being paid for doing nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    July 2016
    60 Posts

I hope that this won't happen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Late x 2Optimistic x 2Agree x 2Dumb x 1Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    September 2012
    697 Posts

I hope that this won't happen
    Sadly he's right.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)