1. Post #4601
    October 2014
    187 Posts
    Amazing comic, best one so far for me. But there was one panel I didn't get.

Why did Sniper say "Aw, bloody hell"? At that point nothing went south yet as far as I can tell. And why did he decide to go all the way around to the window?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Hungary Show Events

2. Post #4602
    November 2012
    5,946 Posts
    My best guess is that Sniper is annoyed at having to use a huge stick as a weapon while everyone else gets fireguns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 15Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #4603
    June 2014
    434 Posts
    I'm going to assume it's because Spy blew his cover by acting surprised about the weapons? thats what i got from it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #4604
    March 2016
    121 Posts
    He is looking at the plank while saying that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #4605
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    3,889 Posts

missed opportunity to have this screw in a different position tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #4606
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 New Opera Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 20Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #4607
    January 2015
    1,268 Posts
    Spy and sniper were unaware of the supply drop and the plan to lure tfc sniper with the engineer disguise was ruined because there was no way tfc heavy would call back his backup plan after the main one failed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

8. Post #4608
    September 2014
    1,684 Posts
    It's the baboon the medic grew in his body, dude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #4609
    November 2014
    1,027 Posts

i forgot how amazing the faces were
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #4610
    January 2015
    1,268 Posts
    Just realized dell conagher confirmed for two real hands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #4611
    September 2014
    434 Posts
    So will we ever see the TFC medic or is he just gone?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

12. Post #4612
    April 2016
    942 Posts

TFC's Engie is also never shown killed. The spy disguises as him, but that's no guarantee he was killed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #4613
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 17Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #4614
    December 2016
    253 Posts

TFC HWG did mention him when he was trying to beat the Medic into putting the life extendo into his giblets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #4615
    August 2012
    4,244 Posts
    TFC HWG did mention him when he was trying to beat the Medic into putting the life extendo into his giblets.
    I think he wanted the TF2 Medic to teach the TFC Engineer how to do it. Either way the plan was ridiculous because even if he got the Medic to go along with it he'd probably just tell them how to do it the wrong way. TFC Heavy and his pals were fucked the moment he killed Gray.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

16. Post #4616
    December 2016
    253 Posts
    I hope TFC Medic turns out to be an anti-villain. While I've been OK with the TFC team being murderalized in this (mainly because it's TFC's blue team, who always looked like jerks to me because of the color scheme anyway) it also feels kinda mean spirited to only show them as assholes and in order to kill them off in horrible ways. TFC's mercs always looked a lot more punch-clock than the TF2 team anyway.

Edited:

I mean when you consider most of the team involved in TF2 didn't work on TFC and probably haven't played it at great length it doesn't feel like a tip of the hat, it feels a bit more.. ehh.. "Wow, we're so much better now!" kinda thing, when really TFC as a game still stands up on its own as its own thing.

17. Post #4617
    May 2013
    7,715 Posts
    I hope TFC Medic turns out to be an anti-villain. While I've been OK with the TFC team being murderalized in this (mainly because it's TFC's blue team, who always looked like jerks to me because of the color scheme anyway) it also feels kinda mean spirited to only show them as assholes and in order to kill them off in horrible ways. TFC's mercs always looked a lot more punch-clock than the TF2 team anyway.

Edited:

I mean when you consider most of the team involved in TF2 didn't work on TFC and probably haven't played it at great length it doesn't feel like a tip of the hat, it feels a bit more.. ehh.. "Wow, we're so much better now!" kinda thing, when really TFC as a game still stands up on its own as its own thing.
    I mean, the TF2 team is shown to be total assholes most of the time too. They're just our assholes.

edit: i guess we can call the TF2 mercs Team Fortress now? i just realized that that's actually their name, thus why Pauling would slip in the title like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4618
    December 2016
    253 Posts
    They're more comical "haha I put baboon bits in you!" over the top unbelievable assholes. Meanwhile the TFC mercs seem like genuinely vile cunts. It's the difference between the old Joker's whole gassing people while trying to copyright fish affair and the new Joker cutting off someone's face and wearing it for funsies. One's darkly comedic, the other's just dark.

19. Post #4619
    February 2015
    47 Posts
    Edited:

Then it turns out that Team Vanguard (with Conagher Sr. as their Engineer) are the Old TFC Skins Team and the writers just really didn't like the re-design. We already have their photo on the Engie's update page anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

20. Post #4620
    August 2012
    4,244 Posts
    They're more comical "haha I put baboon bits in you!" over the top unbelievable assholes. Meanwhile the TFC mercs seem like genuinely vile cunts. It's the difference between the old Joker's whole gassing people while trying to copyright fish affair and the new Joker cutting off someone's face and wearing it for funsies. One's darkly comedic, the other's just dark.
    Plus the TF2 team doesn't seem to be evil either. Far as I'm concerned only the Soldier hurts innocent people, and even then he isn't nearly as bad as anyone on the TFC team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events

21. Post #4621
    December 2016
    253 Posts
    The Soldier doesn't act with wilful malice. He has no connection with reality and no idea the result of his actions. He just does stuff and has no idea that it has consequences. Meanwhile the TFC mercs know exactly what they're doing. Especially with the whole bloodsucking robots thing.

22. Post #4622
    November 2014
    1,027 Posts

vanguard
    ˈvanɡɑːd/
    noun
    a group of people leading the way in new developments or ideas.
    like portals?

Citadel

Echelon

Echelon may refer to:

A level or rank in an organization, profession, or society
    ???

i doubt they were references to Ellens other works with Valve but it would be a nice touch if it was
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Funny Funny x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

23. Post #4623
    December 2016
    253 Posts
    You're looking too far into this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

24. Post #4624
    August 2012
    4,244 Posts
    I'm just curious as to what the other teams looked like. I'm assuming one of them must be the team from the original Quake mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events

25. Post #4625
    November 2015
    524 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

26. Post #4626
    November 2014
    784 Posts
       Poopy Joe   
    Medic Voice : "   You were named after the two bravest men I knew, Poopy Joe Myself.   "
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

27. Post #4627
    March 2013
    7,112 Posts
    TFC's Engie is also never shown killed. The spy disguises as him, but that's no guarantee he was killed.
    The Medic put baboon uteruses in all of the TFC mercs and he activated that thing in the end. If Spy didn't kill him earlier, the "exploding" uterus more than likely did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #4628
    October 2014
    1,493 Posts
    10 full pages of    nude, honey covered Zhanna   

Every time I want out, Valve knows just how to drag me right back in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

29. Post #4629
    May 2012
    387 Posts
    "we're TEAM FORTRESS"

but they're team fortress after the first team fortress (classic)

so really they're... team fortress 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Croatia Show Events Zing Zing x 5Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #4630
    September 2014
    434 Posts
    I wonder if the TFC medic might have some involvement atleast in the debt the administrator wants to settle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

31. Post #4631
    March 2016
    121 Posts
    "We're Team Fortress"

and then there is little blu engi sitting somewhere alone with the sometimes, sometimes not dead admin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

32. Post #4632

July 2012
    993 Posts
    "We're Team Fortress"

and then there is little blu engi sitting somewhere alone with the sometimes, sometimes not dead admin
    I have to say, given the number of engineers I would catch building level 3 sentries at spawn, that is an accurate group shot relative to what I catch in gameplay. (Non-playables notwithstanding.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

33. Post #4633
    July 2016
    142 Posts

vanguard
    ˈvanɡɑːd/
    noun
    a group of people leading the way in new developments or ideas.
    like portals?

Citadel

Echelon

Echelon may refer to:

A level or rank in an organization, profession, or society
    ???

i doubt they were references to Ellens other works with Valve but it would be a nice touch if it was
    At first I thought they were making reference to some UGC or Highlander teams for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #4634
    March 2014
    4,521 Posts

i forgot how amazing the faces were
    you forgot the best ones

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #4635
    June 2015
    533 Posts
    Scout was born in 1945
    I haven't seen anyone post it yet so I figured
    Also his name is Jeremy so

Scout- Jeremy
    Soldier- Jane? Doe
    Pyro- Who knows (Probably Some Girl Name)
    Demo- Tavish Finnegan Degroot
    Heavy- Misha
    Engineer- Dell Conagher
    Medic- Last Name Ludwig
    Sniper- Mundy
    Spy- Unknown
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #4636
    November 2014
    1,027 Posts
    With the fate of TFC Engi unknown and this image :
    makes me wonder if something will happen in the conclusion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #4637
    November 2014
    250 Posts
    With the fate of TFC Engi unknown and this image :
    makes me wonder if something will happen in the conclusion
    Perhaps the reason why the Team Fortress engineer is blue in the comics?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Canada Show Events

38. Post #4638
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    5,184 Posts
    If they ever give Pyro a name it better be a name like Sam or Alex, which could be for guys or girls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #4639
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    18,392 Posts
    Still bummed that the only thing to come from the original team was the sniper rifle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari Canada Show Events

40. Post #4640
    September 2014
    1,684 Posts
    Since 2017 will mark the 10th birthday of TF2, think we'll get something special?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 16Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)