1. Post #4561
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    12,312 Posts
    What was the point of finding all that Australium if she could do it in an hour?
    I think she had a greater plan in store but the situation at hand got her to improvise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 New Opera Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

2. Post #4562
    June 2014
    2,395 Posts
    that's what i get for only reading the comic once.

I still think it's his first name though, as those methods of referring to people aren't universal in meaning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #4563
    August 2013
    449 Posts

You gotta love how the comic actually referenced the Beta Badlands's original weapon wall model.

sorta rushed this out so dont judge the shitty point outs   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 31Artistic Artistic x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4564
    June 2014
    2,395 Posts
    were TFC (edit) Scout and Soldier about to get their gay on before    Pyro roasted them   ?

because i am in full support
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Funny x 10Agree x 4Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #4565
    August 2015
    1,250 Posts
    I am calling this right now, at the very end:

Sniper's mom's Rocket comes crashing down to Earth, killing the administrator in a ironic death (she died from a literal rocket of Austrialium after looking for it for so long) Of course the team and Pauling see this happen to her.

Before this, she finally deals with the last remaining heir to Zachiarah Mann's will, Charles Darling, as her mother wanted to have the badlands/gravel fortune belong to Helen/The people, but it got jacked by the Mann brothers or Hale's dad.

Darling would have taken Mann Co from Olivia in a Arm Wrestling competition or something along those lines.

We finally see Scout kiss/get lesbian revealed by Pauling in this 

If these things are not the case, I will shocked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #4566
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,477 Posts
    It's gotta have something to do with Zephaniah. That's the only character I could think of that she had a meaningful connection with. Maybe she wanted to bring him back from the grave? Australium seems to do just about everything, so why not bring back people who've been dead for over a century?
    I still don't see why she wants to bring Zephaniah back, he was the one who gave Elizabeth (Grandmother/Mother?) his fortune, including the Australium he found.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #4567
    March 2014
    4,599 Posts
    were TFC Spy and Soldier about to get their gay on before    Pyro roasted them   ?

that was TFC scout
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #4568
    August 2015
    1,250 Posts
    I still don't see why she wants to bring Zephaniah back, he was the one who gave Elizabeth (Grandmother/Mother?) his fortune, including the Australium he found.
       Maybe Redmond/Blutarch stole it from her with a contract, and Helen wants revenge on the one place where the fortune has gone?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

9. Post #4569
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,477 Posts
       Maybe Redmond/Blutarch stole it from her with a contract, and Helen wants revenge on the one place where the fortune has gone?   
       Maybe, but still odd. All I can get that it's "to settle an old debt" and something she got obsessed with when she was a little girl that she still graves for it, which I'm starting to believe, she is Elizabeth herself. Helen is probably a facade.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Safari United States Show Events

10. Post #4570
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,344 Posts
    were TFC (edit) Scout and Soldier about to get their gay on before    Pyro roasted them   ?

no, they were gonna    open an orphanage so they could, i dunno, molest kids or farm their organs. pyro kinda interrupted before we got the full deets   

i guess pyro is also a    kid lover cause he didn't want those little orphans being taken advantages of?? maybe he sees kids normally in his happy land   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #4571
    June 2015
    555 Posts
    TF Comics #5: "Old Wounds" August 31, 2015
    TF Comics #6: "The Naked and the Dead" January 10, 2017

SEE YOU IN 2020 FOLKS!

Also if    Spy is Scouts dad    does that mean PYROS A GIRL!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events

12. Post #4572
    October 2015
    4,197 Posts
       Holy crap the Administrator looks n i c e.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #4573
    September 2012
    2,274 Posts
    Good comic, I enjoyed it quite a bit.
    I wonder if in the final comic they're going    to go to the moon now to get Australium and Valve will finally ship Asteroid (and Cactus Canyon)    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 8Funny Funny x 3 (list)

14. Post #4574
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    12,312 Posts
    no, they were gonna    open an orphanage so they could, i dunno, molest kids or farm their organs. pyro kinda interrupted before we got the full deets   
       I thought the joke was that they were contemplating stopping being evil killing machines and starting a new life running an orphanage, then Pyro fucking scorched them to ashes.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 New Opera Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 26Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #4575
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,465 Posts
       I thought the joke was that they were contemplating stopping being evil killing machines and starting a new life running an orphanage, then Pyro fucking scorched them to ashes.   
    I think it's meant to mean that, but the fact it ends with    "an endless supply of free kids to-"     sort of makes me doubt it was wholly "good things".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 23Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #4576
    January 2013
    307 Posts
       You're both right. The joke was supposed to be a double subversion of expectations. First you get the comedy of hardened mercenaries wanting to quit to start an orphanage, setting the expectation that they're actually good people. Then it follows up with the implication that the orphanage is a front for some sort of nefarious deeds, getting you a second time.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Informative Informative x 2 (list)

17. Post #4577
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    6,686 Posts
    TF Comics #5: "Old Wounds" August 31, 2015
    TF Comics #6: "The Naked and the Dead" January 10, 2017

SEE YOU IN 2020 FOLKS!

Also if    Spy is Scouts dad    does that mean PYROS A GIRL!
    Wouldn't surprise me if the comic ends with a pyro reveal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

18. Post #4578
    June 2014
    6,551 Posts
    Kinda ruins the whole point of pyro tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

19. Post #4579
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    6,686 Posts
    Kinda ruins the whole point of pyro tbh
    I thought the broken hitboxes, critical gimmicks, and airblast stuns already did that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Zing Zing x 3 (list)

20. Post #4580
    June 2014
    6,551 Posts
       You're both right. The joke was supposed to be a double subversion of expectations. First you get the comedy of hardened mercenaries wanting to quit to start an orphanage, setting the expectation that they're actually good people. Then it follows up with the implication that the orphanage is a front for some sort of nefarious deeds, getting you a second time.   
       okay but what possible nefarious things could you do "an endless supply of kids"? sounds an awful lot like a kid rape joke tbh, kinda off-putting for the silly comic with the big dumb guy who covers himself in honey and fights robots   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

21. Post #4581
    Dennab
    January 2014
    102 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chrome Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #4582
    January 2012
    401 Posts
    Every issue needs one of these so

I had to recreate part of Soldier's butt for both slides to match up   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 36Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

23. Post #4583
    January 2013
    307 Posts
       okay but what possible nefarious things could you do "an endless supply of kids"? sounds an awful lot like a kid rape joke tbh, kinda off-putting for the silly comic with the big dumb guy who covers himself in honey and fights robots   
    That's part of the joke. You don't know what they were planning, so your imagination has to fill it in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #4584
    June 2016
    349 Posts
    This was the best, I died and lived laughing, well done valve.
    like obama is cool
    No fuck obama
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Syrian Arab Republic Show Events Dumb x 27Agree x 6Disagree x 1Artistic x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #4585
    January 2013
    596 Posts
    I guess this completly denies his previously estimated name... kinda wanted it to be a canon name though, imo

another thing about medic. this is weird. is it l4d easter egg or medics real name...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #4586
    June 2014
    453 Posts
    Very good issue, now just three more years until the final issue
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

27. Post #4587
    May 2015
    76 Posts
    Future plans:    Satan revives the TFC team as his own demonic team using the souls he "tricks" out of medic in order to take revenge against the doctor for some wacky reason or another.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

28. Post #4588
    January 2013
    489 Posts
    Guys, have you noticed the background of the comic takes part in? Looks like a jungle. And TF2 team posted in november on their blog that they are working on a jungle-themed map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome Poland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #4589
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,658 Posts
    Guys, have you noticed the background of the comic takes part in? Looks like a jungle. And TF2 team posted in november on their blog that they are working on a jungle-themed map.
    MvM Jungle mission.

That would make me nut hard   

Let a man dream :c   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #4590
    June 2016
    349 Posts
    Reverse valve time strikes again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Syrian Arab Republic Show Events

31. Post #4591
    January 2015
    1,349 Posts
    I dislike the overuse of deus ex machina (somewhat literally in scouts case) in the series, especially in this issue.

Heavy comes out of nowhere to save soldier, scout, and pyro from the bear.

Medic shoves animal organs into sniper to resuscitate him

Medic shoves blood into everyone to resuscitate them.

Scout lives because God says so

Medic lives because he tricked Satan.

Btw where the fuck did they get all the honey?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #4592
    September 2014
    1,835 Posts
    Best Comic by far, worth the wait. The fact that Medic stole the other Team members souls is great.

I am fully convinced now that the Last Issue will come alongside a gameplay Update with asteroid and the like to regain the last Australium. There were so many hints, and a finale to the Series should be an explosion.

I also really like how they gave the TFC Mercs each some kind of, well, story. You had the Sniper and Engie's bond with the eye and even the Spy/Scout thing.

Already a good start for TF2 this year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #4593
    October 2014
    169 Posts
    I dislike the overuse of deus ex machina (somewhat literally in scouts case) in the series, especially in this issue.

Heavy comes out of nowhere to save soldier, scout, and pyro from the bear.

Medic shoves animal organs into sniper to resuscitate him

Medic shoves blood into everyone to resuscitate them.

Scout lives because God says so

Medic lives because he tricked Satan.

Btw where the fuck did they get all the honey?
    Well it's a funny comic, you can't expect drama or the death of main characters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox France Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #4594
    April 2016
    1,022 Posts
    Well, they are all slowly stripping down to nothing. So many lol.

Next we'll get Cosmetics that remove all clothings from the characters in game.

Also kind of curious as to why the TFC Heavy aged rapidly after they removed that machine from him. Does that device act as a parasite or something?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events

35. Post #4595
    July 2013
    225 Posts
        The only reason TFC Heavy didnt die to medic was because the ubersaw didnt crit.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 12Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #4596
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,663 Posts
       he had full armor and it tanked the hits   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 8Zing Zing x 1 (list)

37. Post #4597

January 2017
    36 Posts
    They didn't even predict when the next comic will be. I'm guessing it'll drop with HL3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events

38. Post #4598
    August 2012
    4,094 Posts
    Well it's a funny comic, you can't expect drama or the death of main characters.
    There was some pretty good drama though. TF2 can be surprisingly dramatic and serious when given a chance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

39. Post #4599
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,663 Posts
    Every issue needs one of these so

I had to recreate part of Soldier's butt for both slides to match up   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 29Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4600

January 2017
    36 Posts
    There was some pretty good drama though. TF2 can be surprisingly dramatic and serious when given a chance.
    The 'story' comics have been really good at developing drama and a gripping plot, while also painting it full of dumb jokes that stay true to the soul of the characters/game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)