1. Post #4521
    June 2014
    2,393 Posts
    gpan =/= aus weapon?
    if you could get golden pans from free missions they'd also be worth nothing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #4522
    June 2014
    169 Posts
    Also, I finally just realized that Miss Pauling's line about "Team Fortress" isn't just some weird title drop, it's the name of the actual team. Apparently the Administrator had a "Team Vanguard" elsewhere, and the mercs we know are "Team Fortress".

What a strange, contrived way to pull out the title.

I can appreciate that.
    I'd like to see what Team Citadel and Team Echelon were like too     before they died    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #4523
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,298 Posts
    That was awesome.

And now we start the long wait for the next chapter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4524
    March 2014
    4,599 Posts
    the "We're Team Fortess" panel was surprisingly endearing considering it's likely the attitude the TF team wants to have towards the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 9Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #4525
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    6,680 Posts
    how is this even a question

if you could get aussies for free they'd be worth nothing
    I'd rather them be worth nothing than $150.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #4526
    August 2012
    4,091 Posts
    In a way I guess the TFC mercs dying the way they did made sense. They've spent so much of their lives focusing on their own interests they forgot how to work as a group. In the end the TF2 mercs won because they remembered what it means to be a team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

7. Post #4527
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #4528
    June 2014
    2,393 Posts
    I'd rather them be worth nothing than $150.
    well golden pans are actually around two thousand dollars so
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events

9. Post #4529
    March 2014
    4,599 Posts
    Scout isn't blond, dammit
    Why is his hair so inconsistent in comics?
    it was closer to a light brown/auburn color than it is blonde
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events

10. Post #4530
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    6,680 Posts
    well golden pans are actually around two thousand dollars so
    Thats uh....pretty stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #4531
    "Epic Leddit pwner :)"
    March 2010
    10,965 Posts
    As much as I enjoyed certain parts of it, the fact that it took a considerable amount of time for this whilst going a bit mental on bits on    wacky soldier antics    and    scout goes to heaven    left a bitter taste in my mouth. The TFC Mercs were great though.

Also the war they participated in.
    They were part of the Gravel Wars.

TFC medic is who administrator has a score to settle with, calling it.
    If it's a character who's already shown up, I'd place my bets on Darling. Aside from Hale he's the only one who can be tied back to Zepheniah neatly (One of his ancestors was Bette's father, Bette being the mother of the Mann triplets). Would work well seeing as Charles is wanting the Australium for himself - Funny how a simple Zoo owner knows a lot more about what's going on behind the scenes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #4532
    April 2016
    1,022 Posts
    They could technically use the Merc's from the Team Fortress 2 : Brotherhood in arms for the ones they'd killed as well. But they all just looked like generic soldiers and are boring as hell to look at.

This was one of the first video's showcasing what was going to be planned for TF2 before it was scraped. Which honestly I'm thankful it didn't go this route. Got enough games trying to be "realistic" as is...

Now, if they got murdered by the TFC mercs, I can totally dig it lol. Make a little sense too since the idea was scrapped obvious for what we have now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

13. Post #4533
    June 2016
    508 Posts
    the comic post already has 4x as many likes as the smissmas update lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #4534
    November 2013
    880 Posts
    Well, that was nice    now we gotta wait for, I hope, the conclusion of this journery   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Chile Show Events

15. Post #4535
    August 2012
    4,091 Posts
    Where the hell is Olivia at?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #4536
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    12,312 Posts
    Just realized the bit where    Heavy brakes TFC Heavy on his knee    is probably a reference to

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 New Opera Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 26Informative Informative x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #4537
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,602 Posts
    I feel like they're re-using the same jokes too much.

neck snap and naked honey and zhanna tom jones

make new stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 25Agree Agree x 9 (list)

18. Post #4538
    March 2010
    10,965 Posts
    I think Valve made a mistake.

I feel like they're re-using the same jokes too much.

neck snap and naked honey and zhanna tom jones

make new stuff
    I feel like the Tom Jones comments throughout the series was worth it for the payoff, but they shouldn't address it that much anymore now the joke's peaked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #4539
    September 2015
    763 Posts
    Just realized the bit where    Heavy brakes TFC Heavy on his knee    is probably a reference to

Incidentally, their execution is closer to when Superman does that to Batman in the Injustice comics.

http://puu.sh/tifiS/3137f9986a.jpg (spoiler panel from the comic)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #4540
    July 2016
    206 Posts
    Okay, in all seriousness, valve needs to do SOMETHING with the TFC Mercs in Tf2, having them as playable characters would be amazing, disastrous, unrealistic, and costly, but still, SOMETHING needs to be done with them. Valve's invested WAY too many people's attention to them in the comic to not do anything with them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #4541
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    12,312 Posts
    Okay, in all seriousness, valve needs to do SOMETHING with the TFC Mercs in Tf2, having them as playable characters would be amazing, disastrous, unrealistic, and costly, but still, SOMETHING needs to be done with them. Valve's invested WAY too many people's attention to them in the comic to not do anything with them
    They're playable in, well, TFC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 New Opera Czech Republic Show Events Zing Zing x 14Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #4542
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,644 Posts
    Best TF comic to date. That was fantastic. We also got to see some canon confirmed as well, which is also nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

23. Post #4543
    July 2016
    206 Posts
    They're playable in, well, TFC.
    But still, having them as MVM like bosses, reskins, or something, even with that age-regressing BS with Australium, they have to have something cooking up with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

24. Post #4544
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    12,312 Posts
    Holy crap the artstyle shift.

The new comic looks so much better it's ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 New Opera Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

25. Post #4545
    June 2016
    188 Posts
    So is Medic's first name Ludwig or did the devil say it like a formal last name?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #4546
    April 2013
    1,181 Posts
    Holy crap the artstyle shift.

The new comic looks so much better it's ridiculous.
    But the poses in the old comic are really expressive. Sure the linework is looser, but that doesn't make it worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #4547
    June 2014
    2,393 Posts
    So is Medic's first name Ludwig or did the devil say it like a formal last name?
    can't think of famous people off the top of my head with ludwig as a last name, and calling people by their last name is rather uncommon

so i think it's his first name
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

28. Post #4548
    August 2012
    4,091 Posts
    I wish we could get Satan as a Halloween boss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #4549
    March 2010
    10,965 Posts
    But still, having them as MVM like bosses, reskins, or something, even with that age-regressing BS with Australium, they have to have something cooking up with it.
    With the game's slight stagnation over the last few years, spaghetti code, the fact that it's on the Source Engine, how it's been receiving less attention from Valve, and the fact that the game has had tons of new standards for minor things constantly piled on top of one another for nearly a decade resulting in bit of a mess: This would be a big ask.

I'd love to see more of the TFC mercs, but the only feasible way I'd see them coming into fruition would be if TF2 just starts losing favour from both the consumers and the devs (lack of updates, alienating spaghetti code, the game not generating profit anymore, etc) and is essentially put on an indefinite hiatus - Leading the way to another TF game featuring the TFC mercs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #4550
    Dennab
    January 2014
    102 Posts
    I wish we could get demoman's eyeball as a halloween boss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 28Late Late x 5 (list)

31. Post #4551
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,473 Posts
    can't think of famous people off the top of my head with ludwig as a last name, and calling people by their last name is rather uncommon

so i think it's his first name
    Ludwig van Beethoven comes to mind.

Now I'm curious about something:    Have they given any hints of what The Administrator has been trying to settle? I know it's not the Australium, she just needs that to last long enough to accomplish that goal.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Safari United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #4552
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,758 Posts
    I wish we could get demoman's eyeball as a halloween boss
    Naw that's too ridiculous...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

33. Post #4553
    March 2010
    10,965 Posts
    calling people by their last name is rather uncommon
    Maybe it's a cultural difference, but I'm sure that when addressing someone as Mr. Name, Name is the last name.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

34. Post #4554
    October 2014
    828 Posts
    That was pretty good! Once again, it blends serious narrative and comedy pretty dang well. Here's hoping for a incredible conclusion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

35. Post #4555
    August 2012
    4,091 Posts
    Ludwig van Beethoven comes to mind.

Now I'm curious about something:    Have they given any hints of what Helen (Administrator) has been trying to settle? I know it's not the Australium, she just needs that to last long enough to accomplish that goal.   
    It's gotta have something to do with Zephaniah. That's the only character I could think of that she had a meaningful connection with. Maybe she wanted to bring him back from the grave? Australium seems to do just about everything, so why not bring back people who've been dead for over a century?

36. Post #4556
    June 2014
    6,546 Posts
    it would mean every single player rolls for the chance, constantly. every day every week.

while a specific time means only the first player to finish a tour after the pan is "triggered" would get it.

The 2nd reflects the current state of pans alot more accurately
    But that doesn't make any sense. Even if every single person on the planet played 100 tours of MvM a day, if they made the chances for getting a pan something miniscule like 1 in 10^100 none of them would ever appear. Just because it's a static value doesn't mean anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

37. Post #4557
    Willing to off arm for a robot arm
    September 2011
    2,131 Posts
    What was the point of finding all that Australium if she could do it in an hour?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events

38. Post #4558
    August 2012
    4,091 Posts
    What was the point of finding all that Australium if she could do it in an hour?
    She can only stay alive for an hour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

39. Post #4559
    June 2014
    2,393 Posts
    -snipmemories-

40. Post #4560
    March 2010
    10,965 Posts
    That's true, but Satan didn't say Mister. He just called him Ludwig.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)