1. Post #3481
    September 2013
    871 Posts
    Damnit, I lovd Assault and Italy, especially on solo queue. Hostage maps are so much fun

Now it's just Office...

2. Post #3482
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,668 Posts
    But they've added agency, finally. Should've done that the first time the map was featured in an operation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #3483
    August 2014
    233 Posts
    I want Santorini back in some form
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3484
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    2,576 Posts
    Santorini fuckin owns and it needs to come back, preferably permanently

5. Post #3485
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,668 Posts
    And season.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3486
    January 2015
    105 Posts
    I don't play CS:GO as much as I used to, but I'd just like to say that I love the new Dust II.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #3487
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,962 Posts
    And season.
    Season wasn't well received despite is AMAZING visuals but I think that Season and Santorini would be a much better addition than de_austria and de_shipped.

Main reason for season was something about problems with rotation time and I think wallbanging was hard to do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #3488
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,727 Posts
    Remake Tuscan/Mill. Who gives a shit if brute is being an autist with the "rights" to the layout of Tuscan, he doesn't have an actual legal leg to stand on considering that its a blatant ripoff of cpl_mill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #3489
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,668 Posts
    Main reason for season was something about problems with rotation time and I think wallbanging was hard to do
    Now that you mention it, yeah I do recall there being issues with rotation time. But still, it was a really fun and good looking map that I really enjoyed playing compared to the rest of the operation at that time. Hopefully they'll rethink and add older operation maps back in that also deserve a second change just like agency did.

10. Post #3490
    Gold Member
    October 2012
    3,842 Posts
    season and santorini own
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #3491
    January 2012
    496 Posts
    It made me somewhat upset seeing Valve completely remove Dust, Aztec, Vertigo and Militia from the game. Would've been better if they actually kept the maps in the game, especially for playing offline or in lobbies or even on community servers.

Vertigo especially was one of my favourite maps out of the pack, Dust was also a good map and I've played it a fair few times in comps. Aztec I only played once or twice and I got a 1v5 once and for Militia, I only played one comp and my favourite iteration of the map was probably the 1.6 or Condition Zero version which I used to play when I was like 6 or 7 all the time with bots.

Then again I really hope to see a return of these maps, though I assume they'll be reworks or something like that but either way a reworked Dust and Shortdust would be great because they should've done it in line with the Dust 2 rework imo. Much like when they reworked Train and then they reworked Shorttrain with the same style as the rework.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #3492
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,727 Posts
    It made me somewhat upset seeing Valve completely remove Dust, Aztec, Vertigo and Militia from the game. Would've been better if they actually kept the maps in the game, especially for playing offline or in lobbies or even on community servers.

Vertigo especially was one of my favourite maps out of the pack, Dust was also a good map and I've played it a fair few times in comps. Aztec I only played once or twice and I got a 1v5 once and for Militia, I only played one comp and my favourite iteration of the map was probably the 1.6 or Condition Zero version which I used to play when I was like 6 or 7 all the time with bots.

Then again I really hope to see a return of these maps, though I assume they'll be reworks or something like that but either way a reworked Dust and Shortdust would be great because they should've done it in line with the Dust 2 rework imo. Much like when they reworked Train and then they reworked Shorttrain with the same style as the rework.
    If you want to play them that much then download them off the workshop. The "compatibility version"s are from the last update before they were removed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #3493
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    4,480 Posts
    You can find all official valve maps here. This includes the removed maps, old operation maps, and even the old versions of train, nuke, inferno and dust II.

Subscribe to them and they'll appear in-game.

14. Post #3494
    September 2013
    871 Posts
    Didn't WarOwl post a video saying those didn't work or was that just a short term bug

15. Post #3495
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,727 Posts
    Didn't WarOwl post a video saying those didn't work or was that just a short term bug
    warowl is borderline clinically retarded

the versions on the workshop work completely fine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #3496
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    763 Posts
    What's wrong with WarOwl? Sure he's a bit obnoxious at times (now that I think of it, more like ever since he revealed his face..) but his content is usually entertaining and informative enough. His matchmaking academy series is educational enough although I find he sometimes explains things too many times with little variation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #3497
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,671 Posts
    WarOwl made an uninformed video where he couldn't be bothered to do the smallest bit of research to learn how to get the compatibility maps on the workshop, and had to be corrected by our lord and savior wickedplayer

Edited:

What's wrong with WarOwl? Sure he's a bit obnoxious at times (now that I think of it, more like ever since he revealed his face..) but his content is usually entertaining and informative enough. His matchmaking academy series is educational enough although I find he sometimes explains things too many times with little variation.
    I find that he explains everything so condescendingly and often, wrongly that it's a joke with how high he is held within the reddit community
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #3498
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    763 Posts
    I find that he explains everything so condescendingly and often, wrongly that it's a joke with how high he is held within the reddit community
    I assume that the only reason he's being held highly in that community is due to him being quite decent at the game, in my opinion.

My skill level is still not very high personally and I think I've got a long way to go before I get considerably better at the game.