1. Post #3441
    December 2011
    2,802 Posts
    Best thing is to say "afk" and "re" every time someone on your team is in 1vX
    If then someone on your team then really goes afk and is the last guy alive the enemy is too scared to check spawn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #3442
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    2,576 Posts
    Can someone clue me in on the "WoW ruins CS careers" meme going around? I can't find anything about it :s

3. Post #3443
    Dennab
    July 2013
    2,522 Posts
    I've decided to jump the shark a bit too far and buy a dragon lore for "profit" (which will probably result in loss) and I gotta say the experience of owning this is hilarious and a burden at the same time. You get like 10 friend requests from one match of casual and 100 russians begging for it in more ways than one.

And then there's the one kid or guy who goes mental which is the more priceless one.

Definitely worth it.

4. Post #3444
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,727 Posts
    I've decided to jump the shark a bit too far and buy a dragon lore for "profit" (which will probably result in loss) and I gotta say the experience of owning this is hilarious and a burden at the same time. You get like 10 friend requests from one match of casual and 100 russians begging for it in more ways than one.

And then there's the one kid or guy who goes mental which is the more priceless one.

Definitely worth it.
    Not owned a DLore, but I've had things of comparable value and you haven't even gotten to the best bit yet: You'll get added by all the "high level" traders who try and shark you, followed by a load of scammers impersonating the traders who are already ON YOUR FRIENDS LIST.

5. Post #3445
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,795 Posts
    Must be my luckiest and happiest ace and spray down ever.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #3446
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,295 Posts
    Turkish fans after Space Soldiers loses a game:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #3447
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    2,576 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #3448
    September 2007
    553 Posts
    Turkish fans after Space Soldiers loses a game:
    I like to troll turkish players with fake turkish after they refuse to speak english and cooperate.
    try that, its fun.

9. Post #3449
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    4,480 Posts

Definitely worth it.
    ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #3450
    September 2007
    553 Posts
    avp draganlor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #3451
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,739 Posts
    I like to troll turkish players with fake turkish after they refuse to speak english and cooperate.
    try that, its fun.
    write i love erdogan or kurdistan for maximum effect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #3452
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2011
    4,607 Posts
    I've noticed something these last months, the fact that people don't make custom Defuse/Hostage maps for CSGO as much as they used to. If you go on the Workshop and look at the most popular in the last 6 or 12 months, you'll see that there are very few decent candidates, probably not even enough for an operation.

And that's the problem: what will Valve do for their operations if there aren't any good custom maps anymore?

To me the reason is obvious: making good CSGO maps isn't rewarding. You have to put a huge amount of effort for your map to stand out, and even if it does, you have 0 guarantee that it'll get picked by Valve. And reminder that if your map doesn't get picked, then your map will practically never be played in multiplayer, huge waste. And if it does get picked, then it'll be played, often hated by the players, for a couple of months and then will never be played again. Unless you're among the luckiest of the best, and Valve and the community have unanimously stated they want to play your map again.

I hope this is a problem Valve will address, because this operation system will simply not do in the long term at all. And with the recent drought in candidate maps, they might have to find a new system soon if they don't want to let their game die too quickly.

Edited:

Actually thinking about it, Valve must have noticed it already, which would explain why the last operation re-used so many maps. They may have to re-use even more maps in the next operation, but it's painfully obvious this is only a temporary solution.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #3453
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,727 Posts
    Making actually good maps is REALLY hard. When you consider there have been 2 or 3 operation maps that are in any way viable for competitive play (most notably season since that actually did see league play) and the rest are just incredibly trash from a gameplay standpoint.

Compare that to any old retard being able to go find a hammer mapping tutorial and throw a couple of rows of boxes opposite each other with ak spawns on the floor to create a reasonable quality aim map. Pretty clear what most people are going to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #3454
    September 2007
    553 Posts
    well, maybe Source 2's map editor will solve that? It looks much more simple than the current way we create maps.
    Mapping, optimizing, putting cubemaps, working on lightings, compile times. Mapping is not easy enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #3455
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,795 Posts
    well, maybe Source 2's map editor will solve that? It looks much more simple than the current way we create maps.
    Mapping, optimizing, putting cubemaps, working on lightings, compile times. Mapping is not easy enough.
    Source 2 is a lie though.
    It's not gonna happen, Valve said entire game wont be shifted to source 2, instead - some elements of source 2 will be implemented in CSGO.

I wouldn't count on Source 2 map editor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #3456
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    4,480 Posts
    There's plenty of good maps out there, it's just that the workshop is littered with spam submissions that get upvoted by bots in order to advertise gambling sites or give-aways or other scummy shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #3457
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2011
    4,607 Posts
    There's plenty of good maps out there, it's just that the workshop is littered with spam submissions that get upvoted by bots in order to advertise gambling sites or give-aways or other scummy shit.
    Yes there are, but actual good-enough-for-competitive maps? Not a whole lot.

And I know it well, I hunt for those maps every week and I've been keeping an eye on the Workshop for years.

18. Post #3458
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,511 Posts
    I think part of the problem is that most of the great maps right now looked quite different originally but they were the main maps so they got refined and now other maps with the same or better initial quality don't get the tweaks and reworks that can only come from people playing them and giving feedback.

Edited:

Also realised I'd somehow added +forward to my jumpthrow bind which explains why so many jump throw lineups wouldn't work for me

19. Post #3459
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    2,576 Posts
    The CSGO mapping scene is mostly about making maps with safe layouts that look great, because that's the easiest way to get popular on the workshop. It might've been different had it not devolved into a detailing contest, but unfortunately right now having someone make dozens of original assets for your map is a must.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #3460
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    1,729 Posts
    In general the bar has been raised incredibly high in terms of the visual quality valve is looking for in custom maps and I would definitely say they play it safe in what they select in terms of layout and even creators (they generally tend to favor those who have already been featured in an operation, for good reason, but it does definitely make it harder for those trying to find their way into an op). With the expected quality these days and importance of custom assets maps generally take the better part of a year to make if not longer with continuous and extensive playtesting and yet most players will hate them anyways.

It's not like the people who have been featured in Operations multiple times haven't noticed this though, because there have actually be competitions in the past where anyone previously featured in an operation was not allowed to enter in order tobhighlight then more unknown level designers in the community.

and if anyone was worried there haven't been many ambitious custom maps out lately there's been a huge contest ongoing that ends November 30th so you should start seeing a lot more pop up on the workshop by the end of the month. FMPONE (cache, season, santorini, etc.) also has nearly finished his latest map and it's absolutely stunning if you haven't seen it yet

Edited:

https://www.mapcore.org/topic/17390-...comment=435310

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #3461
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    746 Posts
    does anyone have all those entry-level team names that came about during some event? most of them were memes but they were all great, pls

22. Post #3462
    September 2007
    553 Posts

I got a boner after watching this video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

23. Post #3463
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,727 Posts
    Well d2 is unplayable on GE prime again. Every game is up against boosters who carry a load of actual bots by dropping 50.

24. Post #3464
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,295 Posts
    Well d2 is unplayable on GE prime again. Every game is up against boosters who carry a load of actual bots by dropping 50.
    Played one yesterday night and had 2 Turks and an Iraqi. Was not a good experience. Avoid at all costs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3465
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,981 Posts
    Played one yesterday night and had 2 Turks and an Iraqi. Was not a good experience. Avoid at all costs.
    Don't let their home-field advantage deter you from playing the best remake yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

26. Post #3466
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,795 Posts
    New Trust Factor system in place.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index...-trust-factor/

That moment when all those "reported" moments finally hit you in a face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #3467
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,727 Posts
    New Trust Factor system in place.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index...-trust-factor/

That moment when all those "reported" moments finally hit you in a face.
    If reports have anything more than a negligible effect on the rating then it's going to be fucked. You can just report bot people into the cheater queue.

Honestly it will probably improve MM games at low ranks, but SMFC/Global is going to end up losing anyone who is nutty (Faceit 9/10, ESEA A/A+ in NA terms) because they get reported nearly every game and this will just force them into the cheater queue.

If you want good pugs in 2018 then you're going to need to pay for it I guess.

28. Post #3468
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    4,017 Posts
    First game played on the trust system and I'm playing against 2 aim/wall hackers.

29. Post #3469
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,727 Posts
    First game played on the trust system and I'm playing against 2 aim/wall hackers.
    What rank though? That's pretty normal on non-prime ge.

30. Post #3470
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,795 Posts
    If reports have anything more than a negligible effect on the rating then it's going to be fucked. You can just report bot people into the cheater queue.

Honestly it will probably improve MM games at low ranks, but SMFC/Global is going to end up losing anyone who is nutty (Faceit 9/10, ESEA A/A+ in NA terms) because they get reported nearly every game and this will just force them into the cheater queue.

If you want good pugs in 2018 then you're going to need to pay for it I guess.
    There are rumors that it monitors your bans in other games, forum bans and other irrelevant CSGO shit and based on that - matches you with same fuckers.
    And those with high rep - have stronger vote capacity than those in low rep hole.

Could be lies though.

31. Post #3471
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,727 Posts
    There are rumors that it monitors your bans in other games, forum bans and other irrelevant CSGO shit and based on that - matches you with same fuckers.
    And those with high rep - have stronger vote capacity than those in low rep hole.

Could be lies though.
    I believe them when they say they take this stuff into account. However that isn't going to do anything to stop someone cheating on their main, only on an alt.

32. Post #3472
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,795 Posts
    I believe them when they say they take this stuff into account. However that isn't going to do anything to stop someone cheating on their main, only on an alt.
    It also matches hours played.
    So instead of getting matched:

LEM <-> LEM

It might work as:

1400 HRS <-> 1400 HRS
    LEM <-> LEM

You rarely see smurfs with over 400 hours.

Most people probably wont cheat on their mains.

33. Post #3473
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,727 Posts
    It also matches hours played.
    So instead of getting matched:

LEM <-> LEM

It might work as:

1400 HRS <-> 1400 HRS
    LEM <-> LEM

You rarely see smurfs with over 400 hours.

Most people probably wont cheat on their mains.
    Hours are easily faked though. Seen plenty of people going blatant with 3k+ hours.

34. Post #3474
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,668 Posts
    depends on what type of hours, ingame time or matchmaking time

Edited:

whatever the case, I can't see how this system will help at all. Everyone reports each other for the smallest shit and if it actually only goes for the logged hours it's easy to just bot that, and because there's apparently no way to disable this feature in the lobby I say matchmaking is done for.

35. Post #3475
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    22,947 Posts
    Q: I suspect that my friend has a low Trust Factor because of the quality of my matches when, and only when, I party up with them. What can I do about this?
    A: Tell them to email us as recommended above. Be aware that when players are in a party, we use the lowest Trust Factor of any individual in the party for matchmaking purposes.
    Oh jeez what a poor choice, not even the average, they're just straight up using the lowest denominator out of the party.
    This is just gonna breed toxic attitude.

36. Post #3476
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,668 Posts
    also this system will prevent new players from properly playing. Reason being if you suck you'll get reported for griefing, if you're better than the rest you get reported for hacking. So whatever you do your trust rating will drop and you'll be stuck in oblivion, UNLESS valve will do something that prevents people from reporting literally everyone, but I doubt they'll do anything.

Edited:

And, here comes yet another unpopular opinion, but I think the new rank icon designs suck. I'm not colorblind but I can see huge brightness issues, the backdrop is simply too bright compared to the symbols on the rank itself. I do like the added rank that shows that you lost it because of time tho, would make it easier for people to join other lobbies and not get kicked instantly thinking this dude is unranked.

Edited:

only applies to the gn and mg ranks so it's only half bad

37. Post #3477
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,668 Posts
    for fucks sake csgo
    why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #3478
    January 2014
    486 Posts
    I'm just sad they straight up removed four maps that have been in the game for years.
    I liked queuing for the Reserve Group maps in Comp a lot, but now they're all gone except Office.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #3479
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,668 Posts
    I'm just sad they straight up removed four maps that have been in the game for years.
    I liked queuing for the Reserve Group maps in Comp a lot, but now they're all gone except Office.
    They should've removed office instead, with hallways so tight there's no reason to stop for a second and spray a gun properly. Instead just get a p90 and hold down m1 like there's no tomorrow.
    Gunplay like that should really be punished instead of rewarded because everyone is now running sideways and just spraying all over the place hoping for that one headshot to land, which it most of the time actually does.

40. Post #3480
    January 2014
    486 Posts
    They should've removed office instead, with hallways so tight there's no reason to stop for a second and spray a gun properly. Instead just get a p90 and hold down m1 like there's no tomorrow.
    Gunplay like that should really be punished instead of rewarded because everyone is now running sideways and just spraying all over the place hoping for that one headshot to land, which it most of the time actually does.
    The original blog post a few months ago said they would remove the least two played maps. I wouldn't doubt Canals was one of them so they just decided to remove all of the Reserve Group maps instead that weren't Canals or dust2. They also kept in Office because Office is too iconic of a map thanks to (maybe?) CS:S and was definitely the most-played Reserve Map (not counting Dust2).