1. Post #1
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Hello!

Since all I've seen are some threads begging for the models and nobody has gotten into action, I will take the action to my hands and be posting here the full list of models that can be extracted with the use of aliensoldier's tutorial for getting the models from Dead Space.

I will update this thread as I get more models done.

WARNING - These models are not rigged, if you want to rig, please see the tutorial for viewing the skeleton file that comes with the model I have uploaded or to get your own from the game.

Necromorphs:

List #1:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6ftlsrp69...t%201.rar?dl=0

List #2:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4g9ivgm3b...t%202.rar?dl=0

Brute (DS1 and DS2 variants, enhanced and normal)
    Leaper (all variants)
    Slasher variants
    Twitcher variants
    Lurker
    Divider
    Exploder
    DS3 Regenerator
    Ubermorph
    Hunter
    Nest
    Wheezer
    Infector
    Crawler
    Cyst
    Guardian
    Tripod
    Tormentor
    Pack
    Pregnant
    Swarmer
    The Nexus
    Alien Crawler
    Medusa
    DS3 Tentacle
    The Snow Beast
    DS3 Guardian

And much more to come.

Characters:
    [B]
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ak9aa6zok2...cters.rar?dl=0

Daina Le Guin
    Nicole Brennan (all models)
    Kendra Daniels
    Nolan Stross
    USG Kellion officers Chen and Johnston

Suits:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xpe0ub8a67...odels.rar?dl=0

Levels 1-5 and the Advanced Soldier Marine RIG (the models do not have working RIG textures, however, at least lvls 1-2 RIGs have the original rig texture files, in case you know how to convert them)
    Advanced Suits + Isaac's Dead Space 2 face
    - Advanced Suit (normal)
    - Agility Advanced Suit
    - Shockpoint Advanced Suit
    - Elite Advanced Suit

Weapons:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jg9bs4shrt...apons.rar?dl=0

Plasma Cutter + its variants
    Hand Cannon
    Pulse Rifle + its variants
    Seeker Rifle + its variants
    Contact Beam + its variants
    Detonator + its variants
    Line Gun + its variants

(The models are converted to .obj format. Textures and skeletons come with the folders.)

Feel free to post the finished models to some model hosting site, like http://tf3dm.com

Here's my another thread about animated models:
    https://facepunch.com/showthread.php...752&p=51504992
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Tutorial on extracting the models.

Since the tutorial aliensoldier has provided is really old and out of date, I decided to post a new tutorial with the new, updated scripts and everything. You are no longer forced to go in game and hunt for the models/textures you are looking for.

This will be a step-by-step guide.

What you need first are these:

- Rick's Bigviewer tools for Dead Space, Dead Space 2 and Dead Space 3 (the first set of files are for Dead Space 3 and for that game only, the ones in "DS2" work on Dead Space 2, if you use the wrong one on the wrong game, you will get a bunch of unknown files in the archive viewer)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/trw0dv0igc...iewer.rar?dl=0
    - Noesis' texture exporting tool as well as a script for Dead Space texture files
    * Tool: http://richwhitehouse.com/index.php?...ts.php#prjmp91
    * Script (credits to AceWell on Xentax for writing the script) https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zpgf0qc3t...3_tg4h.py?dl=0
    - 3D Max 201X
    * 3D Max scripts (more to that below)
    - Dead Space, Dead Space 2 and Dead Space 3 for PC, latest versions, 1 and 2 are available on Steam and the third one is on Origin)

Getting the models

For this tutorial, we want to extract the Brute from Dead Space 2.

1. Locate the game folder. For me, it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dead Space 2. It is probably different for you. In there, you will first see 6 different .dat -archives. The first two contain ambient audio files called .snu, I will probably post a different tutorial on extracting all the sounds. They will not contain any model files so ignore those competely. The other three contain mostly just assets from different chapters, including textures, models and area-specific ambient sounds. Some Necromorph sounds are only available there. The last one, DS2DAT9.dat is what we are looking for.
    This archive contains all the global assets of the game, such as NPC's, models, weapons, audio that plays pretty much anywhere as well as models and textures you find almost everywhere.

2. Open up BigViewer for Dead Space 2 (Gibbed.Visceral.BigViewer.exe in a folder called "DS2 Big Viewer") and click the "Open" buton. Locate the folder where you had installed Dead Space 2 and double-click "DS2DAT9.dat". This will open up bunch of different sections in the archive.

3. Open "global_assets/global_assets/ds_assets/char_str/npc/brte_cct". This is the archive of the Brute Necromorphs and all of its sounds, model, animations and textures.

4. "brute.str" is the grey, common variant of the Brute and the "super_brute.str" is the Enhnanced variant of the Necromorph, the dark colored and stronger variant you encounter in the Government sector near the end of the game.

- For this tutorial, I will get the Brute's textures and model, but this same tutorial applies to all the models so you probably get the point.

5. Right-click "brute.str" and click save. This will open up a window asking where you want the .str archive to be saved. I have made a specific folder for all the Dead Space assets so you probably want to do the same. Save the .str there and make sure the archives name has .str at the end of it or otherwise the archive will get corrupted. It doesn't have to be called "brute.str", the file can be "iliketurtles.str" if you want, it will still contain the Brute's files. Then click save.

- If you press the sub-category and save it, it will save bunch of folders with the names of the sub-categories containing all the archives that are part of these categories. If you decide to save the first "global_assets" category, it will save everything you see in the tool.

6. Now that we have our archive, we can move over to the next step. Open up the BigViewer folder and locate a file called "Gibbed.Visceral.StrUnpack". Drag and drop the brute.str file on it or right-click the .str file and select "open the file with" and choose the str unpacker. This will open a CMD window with bunch of text scrolling down fast. It will finish up on its own, do NOT touch it or it will break the unpacking process.

7. Once it is done, if you dragged and dropped the file on the BigViewer folder, it will unpack the content of the .str file in the BigViewer folder inside a folder containing the unpacked files. If you did the other option, it will create it where-ever you had saved the .str file. Once you have a folder called something like "brute_unpacked", you will notice a bunch of folders and files inside it. That is good.

- At this point you need 3D Max already. If you do not have it, this tutorial is useless to you, so you may as well quit. Well, if you do have it, continue reading.

8. Download these scripts for 3D Max. You will need them for extracting the models and also the skeletons.

- This one works for Dead Space 2 and Dead Space 3. This script will open up every .geo file in the Mesh folder, so just run it and select the Brute mesh folder and it will open up the model for you.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtrof1xjrr...0batch.ms?dl=0

- This one is the same as above, except it opens only one file each time you run the script. Good for if you have a model that has for example a hoodie up or down part.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4lyc37w04...%202-3.ms?dl=0

- This one is for .rcb.win skeleton files of the models. You will need the skeletons if you are planning to pose the model or have animations for it. The skeletons are located in a folder called "RCB".
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v340d9yzsi...0bones.ms?dl=0

9. Run the batch script on the Brute Mesh-folder. It will then proceed to open up the entire model for you.

10. Once you have the model, hit "Max" on the top left corner and click "Export". Choose where-ever you want to save the model and choose to save it in .obj format. Bunch of new windows pop up and just keep repeating "next" until a final screen pops up that converts the parts into .obj-format. Then click "Done" when it is ready.

Now you have the Brute model minus the textures and skeleton.

Getting the textures

1. Download Noesis' tool

2. Download the script used to open the .tg4h texture files

3. Move the script to "\Noesis\plugins\python" and open up the tool.

4. Locate the "\brute_unpacked\tg4h" folder in the tool.

5. Export every texture file. You do this by right-clicking any of them and clicking "Export". If you do not touch anything, it will save the outcome to the original tg4h folder in .tga format. Hit browse to choose where it will save the texture. Clicking the "Main texture ouput" will give you bunch of texture formats to choose from. I use .dds so we will pick that. Hit "Export" and it will convert the .tg4h file to .dds format to where-ever you chose it to be saved to. Do this same process to every file in the .tg4h folder that is part of the brute model. If there are other texture files such as some sort of maggot, slime or water textures, ignore those as you probably won't need them.

Now you have the Brute's textures ready to be applied on the model!

Setting up a character model on 3D Max

For this tutorial, we will use Nicole from the first Dead Space

1. Open the model on 3D max, make sure it comes with textures

2. Go to "Material Editor"

3. Select "bitmap"

4. Select the "0002_nicole_c" texture. This is the body texture minus the head

5. Select "Standard" material from the Standard materials tab

6. Hold down the left mouse button from the white ball-thingy next to the texture map and move it over to the "Diffuse color" tab on the material. Then right click the material, select the RIG and body parts, select assign texture, and press the "Show Realistic Material in Viewport" button. This will display the textures on the body.

7. Repeat step 6 on all the parts of the model, choosing the corresponding textures belonging to the right part.

8. Now, choose bitmap again and select the green looking N (normal mapping) texture. Assign that to the "Bump" tab on the material. Repeat this to all the materials, just like with step 6.

9. Now, choose the S (specular) texture and assign that to the "Specular level" tab on all the materials. You know the drill.

10. O texture is for ambient occlusion. I have no clue how to set that up, so I'll skip it, at least for the time being.
    How to set-up the eye lashes:

1. Select the Standard material

2. Select bitmap and the lash texture

3. Assign it to "Diffuse color" and "Opacity"

4. Double click the bitmap, select bitmap parameters and set "Mono channel Output" to Alpha.

5. Now the lashes appear realistically, not as white, grey or brown mass.
    Now we have our textures set up on the model for whatever use on 3D Max. If you completed the previous tutorials for example on this model, you already have everything you need, this is just for preview purposes on 3D Max.

Extracting models from the first Dead Space

1. Download Noesis tool and get this script for the program: [URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9zkp6uj3kovd18/fmt_DeadSpace1_geo.py?dl=0[/URL]

2. Get the model you want

3. Open Noesis and export the parts from the Mesh folder like you do the textures. To speed up the process, click Tools > Batch process > set input file as geo and output as obj and hit browse and select the Mesh folder and click export

4. Open up 3D Max and assemble the parts. Once they are together, go back to Noesis. The UVs are flipped upside down so to make the textures look good, we need to flip the UVs so they go how they are supposed to be to match the color texture map.

5. In Noesis, select the model, right click it and hit export. Then click "Flip UVs" and export it.

6. Now you have a finished model from the game minus the textures. For the textures, see the tutorial above.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2012
    1,500 Posts
    Capital work. What about weapons and environments?

4. Post #4
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Capital work. What about weapons and environments?
    Thanks.

Well, I have a L4D2 mod where I will replace all the enemy models with the ones from Dead Space so my top priority is to get the Necromorph models ready. I have already everything else but tons of Slasher models, the Brute model, the Divider model and the Dead Space 3 Regenerator.

Edited:

The reason why some of the parts (like Lexine) are really messed up because the script I used was really, really old. I found a new one here:

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.ph...=15#wrapheader

Dead Space 2 Nicole now appears normally but the files from the first game do not work :/

5. Post #5
    January 2012
    1,500 Posts
    That is saddening to hear, models of the insides of the Ishimura would have been amazing.

6. Post #6
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    I can still use the old script on them but some of the models look really messed up, like Lexine and Nicole as you can see above.

Edited:

I really hope someone could have a look at the script and see what's wrong.

Actually, let me just put it here:
    fname = getOpenFileName \
    caption:"Open .geo from Mesh folder" \
    types:"Dead Space 2 Mesh(*.geo)|*.geo" \
    historyCategory:"DeadSpace2ObjectPresets"
    f = fopen fname "rb"
    gname = getOpenFileName \
    caption:"Open .geo from MeshVolatile folder" \
    types:"Dead Space 2 UV(*.geo)|*.geo" \
    historyCategory:"DeadSpace2ObjectPresets"
    g = fopen gname "rb"
    clearlistener()
    fscale=100
    indices = 0

Face_array=#()
    Vert_array=#()
    UV_array=#()

fseek f 0x50 #seek_set
    infoOff1=readlong f
    r=readlong f
    r=readlong f
    r=readlong f
    r=readlong f
    r=readlong f
    infoOff2=readlong f

fseek f infoOff1 #seek_set
    fseek f 48 #seek_cur
    Print ("Last Read @ 0x"+((bit.intAsHex(ftell f))as string))
    faceInd=readlong f
    fseek f 76 #seek_cur
    unk01=readlong f
    vertOff=readlong f
    faceOff=readlong f

fseek f infoOff2 #seek_set
    unk1=readlong f
    vertcount=readlong f
    unk2=readlong f
    null1=readlong f
    unk3=readlong f
    vertcount=readlong f
    unk4=readlong f
    unk5=readlong f
    unk6=readlong f
    face=readlong f
    unk7=readlong f
    unk8=readlong f
    unk9=readlong f
    unk10=readlong f
    unk11=readlong f
    unk12=readlong f
    unk13=readlong f
    face2=readlong f
    Print ("face2 @ 0x"+((bit.intAsHex(ftell f))as string))

fseek f vertOff #seek_set

for x = 1 to vertcount do(

vx=readfloat f
    vy=readfloat f
    vz=readfloat f
    p=readfloat f
    p=readfloat f
    p=readfloat f
    p=readfloat f
    p=readfloat f
    append Vert_array([vx,vy,vz] * fscale)
    )

for u = 1 to vertcount do(
    tu=readfloat g
    tv=readfloat g
    append UV_array[tu,tv,0]
    )

fseek f faceoff #seek_set

if (face2 > faceInd) then (
    indices = face2
    )else(
    indices = faceInd)

if (faceInd > face) then (
    indices = faceInd
    )else(
    indices = face)

for x = 1 to indices/3 do(
    fa=readshort f #unsigned+1
    fb=readshort f #unsigned+1
    fc=readshort f #unsigned+1
    append Face_array[fa,fb,fc]
    )

msh = mesh vertices:Vert_array faces:Face_array
    msh.numTVerts = UV_array.count
    buildTVFaces msh
    for j = 1 to UV_array.count do setTVert msh j UV_array[j]
    for j = 1 to Face_array.count do setTVFace msh j Face_array[j]

gc()
    fclose f
    fclose g
    Edited:

Okay the new script doesn't even work on Daina. Weird. I get an error saying: --No ""*"" function for undefined

7. Post #7
    Dennab
    January 2016
    138 Posts
    awesome work

8. Post #8
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    awesome work
    Thanks, I'm uploading more models soon.

9. Post #9
    November 2009
    781 Posts
    Can you upload the Advanced Soldier Issac Clarke? http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Advanced_Soldier_RIG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Can you upload the Advanced Soldier Issac Clarke? http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Advanced_Soldier_RIG
    Sure

Edited:

Sorry man but I can't, none of the scripts work on the first game's files.

Edited:

Hmm... weird, now the script worked on DS1 Nicole.

Edited:

I updated the download links and also updated the images.

11. Post #11
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Well, I forgot to add the skeletons to all the models

I have no clue how to add the skeletons to the models anyways so I think I'll add a seperate download link for the skeletons as well as the 3D Max script to opening the RCB skeleton files.

12. Post #12

July 2013
    238 Posts

working on it

13. Post #13
    October 2015
    243 Posts

working on it
    But...how? You are a wizard.

Can you please post the script you used as well as also how you applied the textures on the model? Also can you maybe tell how you applied the .rcb skeleton on the model?

I'm posting a tutorial above to how to extract the models from these games and any help is much appreciated.

Edited:

I wrote a tutorial on extracting the textures and models. However, I'm still waiting for additional info in applying the textures and skeletons on the models.

Edited:

I'm trying to apply the textures to the DS1 dementia Nicole just to get to know how to do it but it looks like this.

What am I doing wrong?

Nevermind.

14. Post #14
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Alright well, I finally figured it out.

I have to set the textures BEFORE I export the model.

I have to do the process to every single model and start all over again.

Also I'm encountering problems with the textures as some of them have 3 layers of textures. Normal ones, some sort of dark looking textures and violet colored textures and some have green textures.

15. Post #15
    January 2012
    1,500 Posts
    Green textures are probably the normal maps, violet ones are probably the ambient/specular maps.

16. Post #16
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Well, I have no clue how to make them work with the models.

:/

Rip.

Edited:

For example the Brute.

I'll give few examples.

If someone could tell me how I should apply them to the model, that'd be nice.

17. Post #17
    January 2012
    1,500 Posts
    The first one is the diffuse map, the base texture. The second one is the emissive map, that makes parts glow in the dark.
    The third one is the normal map, needs to be reworked for source.
    The last one is a combination phong mask, specular map and potentially ambient map. It needs to be separated.
    Hit me up on steam, I'll give you a quick tutorial on these.

18. Post #18
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    The first one is the diffuse map, the base texture. The second one is the emissive map, that makes parts glow in the dark.
    The third one is the normal map, needs to be reworked for source.
    The last one is a combination phong mask, specular map and potentially ambient map. It needs to be separated.
    Hit me up on steam, I'll give you a quick tutorial on these.
    Sent

19. Post #19
    October 2014
    50 Posts
    Could you see to obtaining the model and textures for Doctor Mercer (The more homicidal of the Ishimura survivors) as well?

Having a male counterpart to Nicole's uniform would be most ideal.

20. Post #20
    November 2009
    781 Posts

working on it
    Thanks can't wait for it, hopefully you can get it into T-pose

21. Post #21
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Thanks can't wait for it, hopefully you can get it into T-pose
    Hey man, could you please post the script you used to open the first Dead Space's models? I'll post it above to my tutorial.

Edit: Hmmm.... did you use 3D Ripper DX to rip that?

Edited:

Could you see to obtaining the model and textures for Doctor Mercer (The more homicidal of the Ishimura survivors) as well?

Having a male counterpart to Nicole's uniform would be most ideal.
    Sorry, as long as there is no script for opening the DS1 models, I can't. Only way to get them is to rip them with 3D Ripper DX, and i'm afraid that's not an option for me.

22. Post #22
    January 2012
    1,500 Posts
    3D ripper is horribly outdated, only use it as an absolute last resort.

23. Post #23
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    3D ripper is horribly outdated, only use it as an absolute last resort.
    yep, I know. I won't even use it. However, none of the 3D Max scripts work on any models from the first game. I already asked this from Xentax eariler this day, gonna see if anyone responds.

Also I got the Brute's textures showing properly, I had to manually see what parts of the model had what textures. It took some time though and I had to take couple reference images.

24. Post #24
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    I updated the list of models. Almost every Necromorph model are in there (all of DS1 and DS2 Necros are there). I'll make another upload containing the rest later as well as make a separate upload for the characters.

25. Post #25
    October 2014
    50 Posts

Sorry, as long as there is no script for opening the DS1 models, I can't. Only way to get them is to rip them with 3D Ripper DX, and i'm afraid that's not an option for me.
    Thank you for answering, and worry not, I understand entirely the obstacles you face. Many thanks.

26. Post #26
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Thank you for answering, and worry not, I understand entirely the obstacles you face. Many thanks.
    No problem. Let me know if you want something else from Dead Space 2 or 3.

27. Post #27
    January 2010
    277 Posts
    I uploaded a T-posed Advanced Soldier Rig a long time ago. Don't have a picture of it anymore but the link is still active.

I did leave the hands untouched though because it would just be easier to replace them with another set when rigging it. They shouldn't be too gnarled up but it's been so long since I last looked at it.

Edit: Forgot to mention it's just a static resource, it hasn't been rigged for Source.

Outdated download link. Only download if you want handmade Rig/stasis textures to pair up with your models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

28. Post #28

July 2013
    238 Posts
    I uploaded a T-posed Advanced Rig a long time ago. Don't have a picture of it anymore but the link is still active.

I did leave the hands untouched though because it would just be easier to replace them with another set when rigging it. They shouldn't be too gnarled up but it's been so long since I last looked at it.

Edit: Forgot to mention it's just a static resource, it hasn't been rigged for Source.

Download link.
    looks more clean, definitely using this pose instead using the ripped model

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    9,999 Posts
    Oh god you are really doing this?
    This is amazing!

30. Post #30
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Oh god you are really doing this?
    This is amazing!
    Your eyes do not deceive you, yes I am :)

31. Post #31
    October 2014
    50 Posts
    No problem. Let me know if you want something else from Dead Space 2 or 3.
    Might there be any chance of obtaining the unfolded pulse rifle from Dead Space three?

EDIT: The various weapons throughout the third dead space are of immense interest, namely the shotgun, assault rifle, revolver and submachine-gun.

32. Post #32
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Might there be any chance of obtaining the unfolded pulse rifle from Dead Space three?

EDIT: The various weapons throughout the third dead space are of immense interest, namely the shotgun, assault rifle, revolver and submachine-gun.
    Do perhaps have 3D Max? If you do, could I just sent you all the weapon folders and you could use my model extracting guide above?

It's super easy to do, that's if you have 3D Max, if you don't, I'll see if I can extract some models. However, like I said, there are a ton of them and extracting the textures is the hardest part as the tool I use can only export one texture at a time, I can't select bunch of files and export them all at once.

33. Post #33
    July 2015
    178 Posts
    extracting the textures is the hardest part as the tool I use can only export one texture at a time, I can't select bunch of files and export them all at once.
    should be the easiest part if you are refering to Noesis as the "tool", it most definitely is capable of batch conversion.

click Tools > Batch Process
    set your "Input Extension" to tg4h and "Output Extension" to dds or whatever
    click on "Folder Batch" and select the folder with the tg4h files
    then set your "Output path" to this
    Code:
    $inpath$\$inname$.$outext$
    press "Export" and wait

34. Post #34
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    should be the easiest part if you are refering to Noesis as the "tool", it most definitely is capable of batch conversion.

click Tools > Batch Process
    set your "Input Extension" to tg4h and "Output Extension" to dds or whatever
    click on "Folder Batch" and select the folder with the tg4h files
    then set your "Output path" to this
    Code:
    $inpath$\$inname$.$outext$
    press "Export" and wait
    Nice, thanks

35. Post #35
    October 2014
    50 Posts
    Do perhaps have 3D Max? If you do, could I just sent you all the weapon folders and you could use my model extracting guide above?

It's super easy to do, that's if you have 3D Max, if you don't, I'll see if I can extract some models. However, like I said, there are a ton of them and extracting the textures is the hardest part as the tool I use can only export one texture at a time, I can't select bunch of files and export them all at once.
    I can edit 3DMax models in Blender, though I lack any of the games to work with. Many apologies for this inconvenience.

36. Post #36
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    I can edit 3DMax models in Blender, though I lack any of the games to work with. Many apologies for this inconvenience.
    I got a script to extract the DS1 models, thanks to AceWell :)

37. Post #37
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Updated the link as well as the images

38. Post #38
    Dennab
    January 2016
    138 Posts
    following progress, good stuff buddy. one question models are not rigged right, i have obj and some weird files with .win extension i know nothing about...

39. Post #39
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    following progress, good stuff buddy. one question models are not rigged right, i have obj and some weird files with .win extension i know nothing about...
    If you read the tutorial, you'd see that I said the .rcb.win files are the original skeletons. You need a script for 3D Max to open them found from the tutorial. But then again, the skeleton has to be rigged on the model.

Edited:

Added a tutorial for extracting models from the first Dead Space.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,690 Posts
    I'm working on a way to read the BNK animation files and possibly the HKX collision/physics files, but I can't seem to convert or import the bnk files.