1. Post #121
    Dennab
    January 2016
    155 Posts
    nvm

2. Post #122
    January 2012
    1,640 Posts
    Getting the DS1 levels will be hard work indeed.

3. Post #123

January 2014
    262 Posts
    I have another problem, I can not find axes or weapons melee.

4. Post #124
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    I have another problem, I can not find axes or weapons melee.
    they're presumably in the global_assets archive

Edited:

Getting the DS1 levels will be hard work indeed.
    Nah, not really. Just have to figure out how to import multiple objs though.

5. Post #125
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    Hey man, how has the EarthGov gunship progressed?

6. Post #126
    February 2016
    94 Posts
    Hey man, how has the EarthGov gunship progressed?
    Slowly I'm separating parts in Blender and then I extract the UV, and I try to put it other the different textures to see, where it fits.

7. Post #127
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    Slowly I'm separating parts in Blender and then I extract the UV, and I try to put it other the different textures to see, where it fits.
    Pretty sure you don't have the separate anything other than textures.

8. Post #128
    February 2016
    94 Posts
    Pretty sure you don't have the separate anything other than textures.
    Well actually yes, well sorry I should have specified more; some parts are in the same model group but share different textures, and even if it is specified well it's annoying to switch each time between the different UV groups.

9. Post #129
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    Well actually yes, well sorry I should have specified more; some parts are in the same model group but share different textures, and even if it is specified well it's annoying to switch each time between the different UV groups.
    ahh

10. Post #130
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    Any requests?

11. Post #131
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    January 2006
    5,216 Posts
    Thanks for the EVA suit with the visor down, it's very much appreciated! Cheers!

12. Post #132
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    Thanks for the EVA suit with the visor down, it's very much appreciated! Cheers!
    No problem

(I didn't know that was you :D)

Edited:

The skeleton of the helmet is very bugged out so you have to start from scratch. I'm still waiting for someone on xentax to include the original weights of the bones and add that to the bone import script

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    9,632 Posts
    This is indeed awesome progress!

Say, how much work is it to convert them so they are useable in Source Filmmaker because I am seriously considering hiring somebody to do this for me. He could also release it to the public since I don't give a fuck about private models, just want to see more Dead Space Art because EA killed the franchise

Quality Wise(Textures, Bump Maps, Dynamic Shadows, etc) they should look like The Spitter ported by Aliensoldier, the fleshy look and all:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=130577707

I only have very basic knowledge of modelling and not enough time on my hands to learn it so hiring someone to do this would be the only way. How much time would it take someone who is skilled in porting to get 1 model ready? Just so I can measure if it's affordable for me to do this or if I should just forget about it.

I sadly can't contact Aliensoldier about all of this since he never comes online anymore.

14. Post #134
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    This is indeed awesome progress!

Say, how much work is it to convert them so they are useable in Source Filmmaker because I am seriously considering hiring somebody to do this for me. He could also release it to the public since I don't give a fuck about private models, just want to see more Dead Space Art because EA killed the franchise

Quality Wise(Textures, Bump Maps, Dynamic Shadows, etc) they should look like The Spitter ported by Aliensoldier, the fleshy look and all:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=130577707

I only have very basic knowledge of modelling and not enough time on my hands to learn it so hiring someone to do this would be the only way. How much time would it take someone who is skilled in porting to get 1 model ready? Just so I can measure if it's affordable for me to do this or if I should just forget about it.

I sadly can't contact Aliensoldier about all of this since he never comes online anymore.
    For the most part, the models themselves are 100% ready in this thread. For the animation part, I'm fairly certain I included the skeleton of each corresponding model in each folder. If the skeleton is not with the FBX file, then it is most likely as the original .RCB file, you can find the script to open it from the tutorial in the first page. However, the skeletons are a bit broken meaning there is only red weights on the models. I'm fairly certain otherwise they are fine, except there is too much joint movement which should be in yellow or blue colors. I'm not sure who made the specific script so I can't contact him about this issue.

So if you can skin the models with the original skeletons, otherwise they are ready for SFM or what ever.

And yep, Aliensoldier hasn't been online in a while, not even on Steam. I really would like to ask him how he managed to give the Guardian its animations from the game as seen on his youtube channel.

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    9,632 Posts
    For the most part, the models themselves are 100% ready in this thread. For the animation part, I'm fairly certain I included the skeleton of each corresponding model in each folder. If the skeleton is not with the FBX file, then it is most likely as the original .RCB file, you can find the script to open it from the tutorial in the first page. However, the skeletons are a bit broken meaning there is only red weights on the models. I'm fairly certain otherwise they are fine, except there is too much joint movement which should be in yellow or blue colors. I'm not sure who made the specific script so I can't contact him about this issue.

So if you can skin the models with the original skeletons, otherwise they are ready for SFM or what ever.

And yep, Aliensoldier hasn't been online in a while, not even on Steam. I really would like to ask him how he managed to give the Guardian its animations from the game as seen on his youtube channel.
    Holy shit.

So basically drag and drop them into models and materials and it's done?
    It's probably a lame question I know but Rigging is one of the subjects I have virtually no knowledge of except for the things in SFM.

Edit: Thanks for the quick reply by the way!

16. Post #136
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    Holy shit.

So basically drag and drop them into models and materials and it's done?
    It's probably a lame question I know but Rigging is one of the subjects I have virtually no knowledge of except for the things in SFM.

Edit: Thanks for the quick reply by the way!
    I'm not sure how SFM works with the texture part but otherwise they are ready minus the skeletons. The models are in different parts though, but it's not too big of an effort to combine them.

Edited:

No problem

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    9,632 Posts
    I'm not sure how SFM works with the texture part but otherwise they are ready minus the skeletons. The models are in different parts though, but it's not too big of an effort to combine them.

Edited:

No problem
    Gonna see about that when I get home tonight.

You basically also anwered my other question though which is going to make the negotiating thing a whole lot easier should I really hire somebody for a Workshop release(with proper credit for you since you ripped them in the first place). This really shouldn't be too much work aka not that expensive for me because they basically are 100% complete.

Cant believe you ripped so many models with bump maps and all. Dead Space is my favourite franchise and the only way of finding new content for it is to create it yourself since the franchise is well Dead

Again, thanks for doing this! Are you still ripping new stuff?

18. Post #138
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    Gonna see about that when I get home tonight.

You basically also anwered my other question though which is going to make the negotiating thing a whole lot easier should I really hire somebody for a Workshop release(with proper credit for you since you ripped them in the first place). This really shouldn't be too much work aka not that expensive for me because they basically are 100% complete.

Cant believe you ripped so many models with bump maps and all. Dead Space is my favourite franchise and the only way of finding new content for it is to create it yourself since the franchise is well Dead

Again, thanks for doing this! Are you still ripping new stuff?
    Well, first of all, I'm not ripping, I'm extracting everything from the game files.

And yes, I will upload more models. Not sure what though.

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    9,632 Posts
    Well, first of all, I'm not ripping, I'm extracting everything from the game files.

And yes, I will upload more models. Not sure what though.
    Whoops, sorry my bad. Should have figured that out since you were talking about going into certain game directories.

Well you pretty much extracted every single Necromorph there is which is awesome but I kinda can't think about anything else as well.

The Stalker? Or maybe the updated Necromorph Models from Dead Space 2? The textures on the Leaper which is on the front page look a bit low-resolution I recon it's ported from the first Dead Space? Or are they the same model?

Do the character models come with face flexes/bones?

20. Post #140
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    Whoops, sorry my bad. Should have figured that out since you were talking about going into certain game directories.

Well you pretty much extracted every single Necromorph there is which is awesome but I kinda can't think about anything else as well.

The Stalker? Or maybe the updated Necromorph Models from Dead Space 2? The textures on the Leaper which is on the front page look a bit low-resolution I recon it's ported from the first Dead Space? Or are they the same model?

Do the character models come with face flexes/bones?
    I'm missing a bunch of Dead Space 3 Necromorphs and of course the Stalkers but otherwise yep, they are all ready. The Leaper is extracted from Dead Space 2 and it is the exact same model as in the first game, nothing I can do about that (unless someone wants to make new high-res textures).

And yes the character skeletons come with flex bones for the face and if they have hair (like Daina and Kendra) they have hair bones for the physics.

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    9,632 Posts
    Figures, the models weren't supposed to be seen from that close. Nothing lighting and post-processing can't fix.
    I just went through it all and it's basically just the Fodder, Swarm and the Creeper, minor stuff. It's basically everything the games offer.

Damn Flex Bones + Hair Physics, this really is some high quality stuff.

22. Post #142
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    Figures, the models weren't supposed to be seen from that close. Nothing lighting and post-processing can't fix.
    I just went through it all and it's basically just the Fodder, Swarm and the Creeper, minor stuff. It's basically everything the games offer.

Damn Flex Bones + Hair Physics, this really is some high quality stuff.
    :)

Edited:

Just got the Hive Mind extracted, had to place all the extra parts to their correct places:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    I was wondering if somebody could make some nice workshop screenshots of these models

:)

Something similar to this:

24. Post #144
    November 2014
    14 Posts
    I'm glad I found this forum because I've been searching a way to get dead space 3 models onto 3ds max.

Unfortunately whenever I import bones to the weapons, it doesn't automatically rig parts of the model to the bones such as weapon parts or the helmet parts, guess this would mean I would have to manually do it. Other than that, it's what I was looking for. Thanks

25. Post #145
    October 2012
    9 Posts
    I wrote an optimized way to convert models of dead space 1 for myself. Maybe someone could find this usefull:
    Code:
    1. all resources are in separate .str files:
    	- extract them with 'Gibbed.Visceral.StrUnpack.exe' from rick's 'RickVisceral110423' tools;
    	- characters are in ..\dead_space_pc\global_assets\global_assets\ds_assets\char_str\
    	- to extract and sort .str files put 'unpack_str_batch.cmd' near the folder contents the .str (ex: global_assets\ds_assets\char_str\hmn\) and run it;
    	- all the files related to the models will be in '_orig_files' folder and textures will be in 'textures' folder;

2. meshes are in .geo format:
    	- import meshes with 'fmt_DeadSpace1_geo.py' into 'noesis';
    	- batch convert meshes into .obj format with following 'noesis' parameters:
    		-scale 174 -flipuv
    	- import into '3ds max' with the following parameters:
    		- turn on Flip ZY-axis;
    		- all other parameters are default;

3. textures are in .tg4d (container) + .tg4h (header) formats:
    	- put all .tg4h files near the .tg4d files;
    	- convert .tg4h files with 'tex_DeadSpace123_tg4h.py' and 'noesis';
    	- to batch convert textures use noesis 'Batch Process' with the following parameters:
    		- Output path: $inpath$\$inname$.$outext$
    		- turn on Recursive;
    	- it's better to convert normal maps into .tga for further converting, see below:
    		- search for *_n.tg4h and rename them into *_n.pvr;
    		- convert all the rest .tg4h into .png with 'Batch Process' of 'noesis';
    		- rename *_n.pvr back into *_n.tg4h;
    		- convert *_n.tg4h into *_n.tga with 'Batch Process' of 'noesis';
    		- convert *_n.tga into *_n.png with correct RGB;
    content of the unpack_str_batch.cmd:
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF

For /F "Tokens=*" %%A In ('Dir /B /S *.str') Do (
    	md "%%~dpA\_orig_files"
    	md "%%~dpA\textures"
    	"<PATH_TO_THE_TOOL>\Gibbed.Visceral.StrUnpack.exe" "%%A" "%%~dpA\_orig_files"
    	move "%%~dpA\_orig_files\tg4h\*.tg4h" "%%~dpA\textures\"
    	move "%%~dpA\_orig_files\tg4d\*.tg4d" "%%~dpA\textures\"
    	rd "%%~dpA\_orig_files\tg4h"
    	rd "%%~dpA\_orig_files\tg4d"
    	)
    pause

26. Post #146
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    Wtf why are my email notifications about new comments to this thread not working???

>_<

Edited:

I wrote an optimized way to convert models of dead space 1 for myself. Maybe someone could find this usefull:
    Code:
    1. all resources are in separate .str files:
    	- extract them with 'Gibbed.Visceral.StrUnpack.exe' from rick's 'RickVisceral110423' tools;
    	- characters are in ..\dead_space_pc\global_assets\global_assets\ds_assets\char_str\
    	- to extract and sort .str files put 'unpack_str_batch.cmd' near the folder contents the .str (ex: global_assets\ds_assets\char_str\hmn\) and run it;
    	- all the files related to the models will be in '_orig_files' folder and textures will be in 'textures' folder;

2. meshes are in .geo format:
    	- import meshes with 'fmt_DeadSpace1_geo.py' into 'noesis';
    	- batch convert meshes into .obj format with following 'noesis' parameters:
    		-scale 174 -flipuv
    	- import into '3ds max' with the following parameters:
    		- turn on Flip ZY-axis;
    		- all other parameters are default;

3. textures are in .tg4d (container) + .tg4h (header) formats:
    	- put all .tg4h files near the .tg4d files;
    	- convert .tg4h files with 'tex_DeadSpace123_tg4h.py' and 'noesis';
    	- to batch convert textures use noesis 'Batch Process' with the following parameters:
    		- Output path: $inpath$\$inname$.$outext$
    		- turn on Recursive;
    	- it's better to convert normal maps into .tga for further converting, see below:
    		- search for *_n.tg4h and rename them into *_n.pvr;
    		- convert all the rest .tg4h into .png with 'Batch Process' of 'noesis';
    		- rename *_n.pvr back into *_n.tg4h;
    		- convert *_n.tg4h into *_n.tga with 'Batch Process' of 'noesis';
    		- convert *_n.tga into *_n.png with correct RGB;
    content of the unpack_str_batch.cmd:
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF

For /F "Tokens=*" %%A In ('Dir /B /S *.str') Do (
    	md "%%~dpA\_orig_files"
    	md "%%~dpA\textures"
    	"<PATH_TO_THE_TOOL>\Gibbed.Visceral.StrUnpack.exe" "%%A" "%%~dpA\_orig_files"
    	move "%%~dpA\_orig_files\tg4h\*.tg4h" "%%~dpA\textures\"
    	move "%%~dpA\_orig_files\tg4d\*.tg4d" "%%~dpA\textures\"
    	rd "%%~dpA\_orig_files\tg4h"
    	rd "%%~dpA\_orig_files\tg4d"
    	)
    pause
    Thank you so much, I already have a DS1 model extraction tool but the person who made it was only able to get the NPCs, suits and stuff like that converted. The level meshes are still unextractable. I'll see if that works on them.

Also another problem with his script is that it made the models super small so that the skeleton didn't fit too properly

Edit: Oh, that's the script I've been using. But it seems you found the fix for the small meshes.

Edited:

I'm glad I found this forum because I've been searching a way to get dead space 3 models onto 3ds max.

Unfortunately whenever I import bones to the weapons, it doesn't automatically rig parts of the model to the bones such as weapon parts or the helmet parts, guess this would mean I would have to manually do it. Other than that, it's what I was looking for. Thanks
    No problem, that looks great. And yeah, I talked about this problem with the author of the bones script and he said that he's unable to fix it. I have finished 2 models with the original skeletons and I noticed that for example say with an arm of a Slasher, there are 4 pieces of bone, the shoulder, the upper arm, the forearm and hand. The way the script does the rigging is that it only adds red weights to all of them and only to one bone. So when the forearm moves, it detaches from the upperarm. There are supposed to be yellow and orange bones in the joint areas, but they are missing. I wish someone could fix that. It would help me out a ton.

I am at the moment rigging the Brute and it's a mess. It has tons of bones in the stomach area and in the weird pustules on its back as well as on its arms where it has its armors (presumably these are the bones for the dismembering function). Because the bones are screwed up, these small detail bones and really hard to try to rerig. I would need the origina, animations, apply them to the model and see how the verticles are supposed to move. But unfortunatly, nobody has even tried looking into it. It's sad. I have bunch of Dead Space mods for L4D2 and I would really like if the necromorphs had their original animations.

Apparently the animation files are somewhat similar to the ones from Battlefield so maybe that's a start.

Edited:

This is what he had to say about it:

If all weights are red it's couldn't be correct, as far as I remember dead space games using 4 bones and 4 weights per vertex, maybe all 4 are rarely used but not one bone+weight for sure

27. Post #147
    October 2012
    9 Posts
    Also another problem with his script is that it made the models super small so that the skeleton didn't fit too properly
    is it possible to load weights to bound skeleton and model?

28. Post #148
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    is it possible to load weights to bound skeleton and model?
    \_(ツ)_/

29. Post #149
    October 2012
    9 Posts
    \_(ツ)_/
    does it mean you don't know?

30. Post #150
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    does it mean you don't know?
    yes

31. Post #151
    October 2012
    9 Posts
    to make model and skeleton same size do the following:
    Code:
    1. use this command on export out of noesis:
    	-scale 174 -flipuv
    2. in 'deadspace bones.ms' change 5-th line:
    	from	fscale=100
    	to	fscale=174
    3. load objs in '3ds max';
    4. import skeleton in '3ds max' with changed script;
    5. however you need to rotate the skeleton on 180 degree by Z.

32. Post #152
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    to make model and skeleton same size do the following:
    Code:
    1. use this command on export out of noesis:
    	-scale 174 -flipuv
    2. in 'deadspace bones.ms' change 5-th line:
    	from	fscale=100
    	to	fscale=174
    3. load objs in '3ds max';
    4. import skeleton in '3ds max' with changed script;
    5. however you need to rotate the skeleton on 180 degree by Z.
    Alright thanks

Edited:

I was wondering if somebody could rig the female npc skeleton? It could be then used to all the female characters as they all share the same skeleton with maybe some exceptions.

Edited:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h10muqbl2p...icole.rar?dl=0

There's the DS1 version of Nicole with the skeleton applied onto it, I tried rigging it a bit but the face is tricky to make.

Edited:

I checked Stross' skeleton and it was the same, except there were no ponytail bones and also there were some nose wrinkle bones near the nostrils. Otherwise it was the same as the female one.

33. Post #153
    November 2014
    14 Posts
    Wtf why are my email notifications about new comments to this thread not working???

>_<

Edited:

Thank you so much, I already have a DS1 model extraction tool but the person who made it was only able to get the NPCs, suits and stuff like that converted. The level meshes are still unextractable. I'll see if that works on them.

Edit: Oh, that's the script I've been using. But it seems you found the fix for the small meshes.

Edited:

No problem, that looks great. And yeah, I talked about this problem with the author of the bones script and he said that he's unable to fix it. I have finished 2 models with the original skeletons and I noticed that for example say with an arm of a Slasher, there are 4 pieces of bone, the shoulder, the upper arm, the forearm and hand. The way the script does the rigging is that it only adds red weights to all of them and only to one bone. So when the forearm moves, it detaches from the upperarm. There are supposed to be yellow and orange bones in the joint areas, but they are missing. I wish someone could fix that. It would help me out a ton.

I am at the moment rigging the Brute and it's a mess. It has tons of bones in the stomach area and in the weird pustules on its back as well as on its arms where it has its armors (presumably these are the bones for the dismembering function). Because the bones are screwed up, these small detail bones and really hard to try to rerig. I would need the origina, animations, apply them to the model and see how the verticles are supposed to move. But unfortunatly, nobody has even tried looking into it. It's sad. I have bunch of Dead Space mods for L4D2 and I would really like if the necromorphs had their original animations.

Apparently the animation files are somewhat similar to the ones from Battlefield so maybe that's a start.

Edited:

This is what he had to say about it:
    Wait there's animation files for the weapons? Like deploy animation or reload animation?

34. Post #154
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    Wait there's animation files for the weapons? Like deploy animation or reload animation?
    Everything you see in the game. Unfortunatly, nobody has made a tool that can export the files into something readable

35. Post #155
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    The scale 174 trick for bones and the mesh do not work for me. I applied the scale parameter to Kendra when I was export the geo files into obj and it didn't work. I then combined the meshes into one file and then tried the command again with the singular FBX model and it still stayed small. I also changed the scale parameter of the bones script from 100 to 174 and the skeleton was still too large.

Edited:

Nevermind, I'm dumb :)

Edited:

Oh and as for the skeleton, the bones as well as the ds2/ds3 model import scripts are a bit broken meaning they will move the stuff to away from 000XYZ coordinates. You have to select the move tool, select the entire skeleton and insert 0 to XYZ coordinates and make sure it moves to the center of the ground platform.

36. Post #156
    November 2014
    14 Posts
    I wonder if the DLC suits from the first game are in the files for the PC version. I mean if the dlc files are in the second game, the dlc files should be in the first game right?

37. Post #157
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    I wonder if the DLC suits from the first game are in the files for the PC version. I mean if the dlc files are in the second game, the dlc files should be in the first game right?
    i haven't seen them there. Checked the archive where the suits in general are located and the suits from the base game are only there.

Edited:

i haven't seen them there. Checked the archive where the suits in general are located and the suits from the base game are only there.
    I need a console version with the suits and then get them from there.

38. Post #158
    November 2014
    14 Posts
    I need a console version with the suits and then get them from there.
    I have the console version of the game, I just need to figure out how to get into the files of the game without damaging it

39. Post #159
    October 2015
    273 Posts
    I have the console version of the game, I just need to figure out how to get into the files of the game without damaging it
    If you have an external drive, download the game there. Make sure you have DLC as I am not sure are they downloadable or are they pre-loaded into the game like in Dead Space 2 and 3. And then just open the files on your PC once you plug the drive on it.

Edited:

However, I have a feeling the files have been encrypted into some weird formats that need to be decrypted until I can have access to all the str files.

40. Post #160
    November 2014
    14 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...scn=1487636552 I finally finished a pulse rifle swep from dead space and I must say. This tool sure helps a lot