243 Posts
    Wonderful, thank you !
    No problem

Edited:

Forgot to add that the security officer models are up as well

2. Post #82
    February 2016
    80 Posts
    Umh sorry I know I'm a bit late and should have asked you this sooner but could you also extract Zach Hammond, Captain Benjamin Mathius, Dr Challus Mercer and Dr Kyne, the Divet from Dead Space 1 and the Seeker Rifle from Dead Space 2.

Also is the dead space 1 intro an entire level chunk and sea of textures or does it only have the few models that surrounds you at first like the passage in the Kellion?

3. Post #83
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Umh sorry I know I'm a bit late and should have asked you this sooner but could you also extract Zach Hammond, Captain Benjamin Mathius, Dr Challus Mercer and Dr Kyne, the Divet from Dead Space 1 and the Seeker Rifle from Dead Space 2.

Also is the dead space 1 intro an entire level chunk and sea of textures or does it only have the few models that surrounds you at first like the passage in the Kellion?
    I'm having problems extracting DS1 models but I'll see if I can get the Seeker Rifle and its variants.

Also the first level from the first game is made up from a huge model of what you see in game, with other models added that are universal. If I extract a level, I would have to sort all the things to their right places. it would take a long time. And after that, I'd have to apply the proper textures.

Of course if you really want it, I can extract the level in obj format along with its textures and give the files to you so you can sort everything out. Not sure where would you use it though.

I experimented on Dead Space 3 levels and managed to open up the Rosetta lab model. It contained the lab and the decontamination room, but all the other models were individual.

Edited:

Seeker Rifle and its variants are up

Edited:

Contact Beam and all its variants are up as well

Edited:

Detonator and all of its variants are up

Edited:

Line Gun is up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    February 2016
    80 Posts
    I'm having problems extracting DS1 models but I'll see if I can get the Seeker Rifle and its variants.

Also the first level from the first game is made up from a huge model of what you see in game, with other models added that are universal. If I extract a level, I would have to sort all the things to their right places. it would take a long time. And after that, I'd have to apply the proper textures.

Of course if you really want it, I can extract the level in obj format along with its textures and give the files to you so you can sort everything out. Not sure where would you use it though.

I experimented on Dead Space 3 levels and managed to open up the Rosetta lab model. It contained the lab and the decontamination room, but all the other models were individual.

Edited:

Seeker Rifle and its variants are up

Edited:

Contact Beam and all its variants are up as well

Edited:

Detonator and all of its variants are up

Edited:

Line Gun is up
    Thanks!!
    yes I'll be glad with the whole level in .obj and the textures, I'm kinda used to sorting whole chunks of levels. But when you open it please reassure me; everything isn't at the origin, I mean they are all interconnected as they are ingame ?

5. Post #85
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Thanks!!
    yes I'll be glad with the whole level in .obj and the textures, I'm kinda used to sorting whole chunks of levels. But when you open it please reassure me; everything isn't at the origin, I mean they are all interconnected as they are ingame ?
    Yes, all the detail isn't connected to the map and need to be set by yourself. My guess is that the devs have a tool similar to Call of Duty custom map editor, where you have this option on the left or right to choose a level spesific model that they can move to a position they want.

6. Post #86
    January 2012
    1,489 Posts
    All level editors are like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #87
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    All level editors are like that.
    Yep, that's what I thought

8. Post #88
    February 2016
    80 Posts
    Alright I'll give it a go then.

9. Post #89
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    I was wondering if someone could texture the EarthGov Gunship I extracted from DS2 if I provide the files below.

10. Post #90
    February 2016
    80 Posts
    I was wondering if someone could texture the EarthGov Gunship I extracted from DS2 if I provide the files below.
    It doesn't have any textures ?

11. Post #91
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    It doesn't have any textures ?
    yes it does, i mean that could someone apply the textures to it

Edited:

It's the model from the end of Dead Space 2 when Isaac and Ellie board it after escaping the Titan Station

12. Post #92
    February 2016
    80 Posts
    yes it does, i mean that could someone apply the textures to it

Edited:

It's the model from the end of Dead Space 2 when Isaac and Ellie board it after escaping the Titan Station
    Then I can do it!

13. Post #93

14. Post #94

15. Post #95
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Hmmm it's empty ?
    Try it again, i forgot to add the files in it xd

16. Post #96
    February 2016
    80 Posts
    Try it again, i forgot to add the files in it xd
    lol Alright

17. Post #97
    February 2016
    80 Posts
    Uhumm it kinds of lacks many textures, there is also a texture (com_floorpanel11) that is only present as a specular, but there isn't any diffuses or normal maps of it. But mostly the most obvious one that lacks is the Hull of the Gunship. So yeah its kind of hard to make puzzle when you lack some pieces lol.

I guess it also uses some textures from other models.

Here is so far what fits without a doubt

18. Post #98
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Uhumm it kinds of lacks many textures, there is also a texture (com_floorpanel11) that is only present as a specular, but there isn't any diffuses or normal maps of it. But mostly the most obvious one that lacks is the Hull of the Gunship. So yeah its kind of hard to make puzzle when you lack some pieces lol.

I guess it also uses some textures from other models.

Here is so far what fits without a doubt
    That's weird. I'll see if I can find the model that is present when Isaac encounters the gunship multiple times in the Church of Unitology or either the one that is docked at the Government sector (it's actually the one above).

Edited:

Alright this is supposed to be the model from this scene:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gls9pyyzta...ipNew.rar?dl=0

Edited:

Let me know if there are textures missing (as that's all of it from that particular section of the level)

Edited:

Just got this extracted:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    February 2016
    80 Posts
    That's weird. I'll see if I can find the model that is present when Isaac encounters the gunship multiple times in the Church of Unitology or either the one that is docked at the Government sector (it's actually the one above).

Edited:

Alright this is supposed to be the model from this scene:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gls9pyyzta...ipNew.rar?dl=0

Edited:

Let me know if there are textures missing (as that's all of it from that particular section of the level)

Edited:

Just got this extracted:

Nice Marker you have here.

Alright the missing textures were not in there, however I advandced a bit more on the puzzle and found more matching ones.

But there is still hope I think they are perhaps with the data of the level where you first see it, I think that's the most logical explanation, although I don't know why they would do this.

20. Post #100
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Nice Marker you have here.

Alright the missing textures were not in there, however I advandced a bit more on the puzzle and found more matching ones.

But there is still hope I think they are perhaps with the data of the level where you first see it, I think that's the most logical explanation, although I don't know why they would do this.
    I really have no clue where the missing files could be located. Those are all the textures that were located in the two archives of those two scenes.

Edited:

After this is done, I was wondering if you could also assemble the textures of the Unitologist ship from Dead Space 3 I have also extracted. I think it should have all of its textures.

Edited:

I think I finally found the gunship textures.

Edited:

Alright here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2q0ahsowy...Final.rar?dl=0

Don't throw the "GunShipNew" file away as it contains the light textures of the thrusters and the spotlights

Edited:

Also the new model seems to be missing few textures as well as the model is missing some parts

Edited:

Okay, here's what you need to do. Get the right gatling gun from the GunShipNew model and paste it onto the new model I uploaded. Also if the new upload is missing some textures, use some from the past uploads and then move the past ones with the new textures so you find them easily.

21. Post #101
    February 2016
    80 Posts
    I really have no clue where the missing files could be located. Those are all the textures that were located in the two archives of those two scenes.

Edited:

After this is done, I was wondering if you could also assemble the textures of the Unitologist ship from Dead Space 3 I have also extracted. I think it should have all of its textures.

Edited:

I think I finally found the gunship textures.

Edited:

Alright here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2q0ahsowy...Final.rar?dl=0

Don't throw the "GunShipNew" file away as it contains the light textures of the thrusters and the spotlights

Edited:

Also the new model seems to be missing few textures as well as the model is missing some parts

Edited:

Okay, here's what you need to do. Get the right gatling gun from the GunShipNew model and paste it onto the new model I uploaded. Also if the new upload is missing some textures, use some from the past uploads and then move the past ones with the new textures so you find them easily.
    Hell yeah we are getting closer, I checked more and more parts are making sense, don't worry I didn't deleted anything. As for the remaining textures apparently there is also a Gunship in Chapter 5.

For the Dead Space 3 ship yes I can do it too. But tomorrow I won't have as much time as today though.

22. Post #102
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    I managed to rip the Enhanced Necromorph eye glow textures, but they are missing the colors. I was wondering if someone could edit the colors to look like from the game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dleh4ix1iw...0eyes.tga?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdojbttwnf...0eyes.tga?dl=0

23. Post #103
    January 2012
    1,489 Posts

Done.

24. Post #104
    February 2016
    80 Posts
    Coming closer, for the exterior,

Many of the colored things are actually stains, or oil flat textures.

Do you think you could give me some reference pics for the interior and exterior to check if its alright?

25. Post #105
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Sorry there aren't much of any reference images available. Most of them are really low quality.

Edited:

Also the front windshield is supposed to be transparent with a dark shade to it, you applied some sort of a ray texture that belongs to who knows what.

Edited:

Oh yeah, also as for the stains, they are supposed to be transparent objects, so the pink and violet colors shouldn't be visible. Not sure can you make that happen in Blender as I am using 3D max

26. Post #106
    February 2016
    80 Posts
    Sorry there aren't much of any reference images available. Most of them are really low quality.

Edited:

Also the front windshield is supposed to be transparent with a dark shade to it, you applied some sort of a ray texture that belongs to who knows what.

Edited:

Oh yeah, also as for the stains, they are supposed to be transparent objects, so the pink and violet colors shouldn't be visible. Not sure can you make that happen in Blender as I am using 3D max
    There are actually two Textures for the window, and they are superposable that one was the front one, and the black thing is also a Blender issue with transparent things.

Thanks yes there aren't much more from the wiki either, aw god the interior really is going to be a puzzle lol.

By the way are there anymore textures in the one from the end of Chapter 5 ?

27. Post #107
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    There are actually two Textures for the window, and they are superposable that one was the front one, and the black thing is also a Blender issue with transparent things.

Thanks yes there aren't much more from the wiki either, aw god the interior really is going to be a puzzle lol.

By the way are there anymore textures in the one from the end of Chapter 5 ?
    I'll check the chapter 5 files. The 3 rar files have all the Gunship files that are in the Government sector area of the game.

And yep, there's not much info in the wiki page. Most of the info in it hasn't been updated since 2011 or 2012. And as for the interior, I would have to noclip inside to have a look inside it, but not sure where I can get hacks like that for DS2.

Edited:

It would be also great if I had a Chapter 13 save file in case I get a noclip hack somewhere and can take a look at the in-game model.

Edited:

Also the first couple models were weird as they had duplicates of the same object.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    I did some work and decided to put all the textures I found to the same folder with the textures that have gunship name in them. I also assembled the gunship model from Chapter 13 that is docked at the station and attached the right turret part from another gunship model from the final chapter.

It won't have overlapping, duplicate parts anymore.

There are some other, useless and non-related textures with the batch so delete them. I included all of them just in case.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p14hj6xc5m...thing.rar?dl=0

The textures that have "interior" in them presumably go inside the ship. However, I saw some textures that were called something like "chair" and "monitor" that didn't have a gunship in the name.

29. Post #109
    February 2016
    80 Posts
    I did some work and decided to put all the textures I found to the same folder with the textures that have gunship name in them. I also assembled the gunship model from Chapter 13 that is docked at the station and attached the right turret part from another gunship model from the final chapter.

It won't have overlapping, duplicate parts anymore.

There are some other, useless and non-related textures with the batch so delete them. I included all of them just in case.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p14hj6xc5m...thing.rar?dl=0

The textures that have "interior" in them presumably go inside the ship. However, I saw some textures that were called something like "chair" and "monitor" that didn't have a gunship in the name.
    Alright I'll try to do what I can during the week but I can't promise anything as I won't have much time.

30. Post #110
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Alright I'll try to do what I can during the week but I can't promise anything as I won't have much time.
    yeah no problem

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,753 Posts
    Do you think you could snag the workbench models from the games please? I had some ideas for some posters with them.
    Also did you get the stalkers yet?
    Brilliant work so far by the way, I've been waiting for Dead Space models since forever!

32. Post #112
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Do you think you could snag the workbench models from the games please? I had some ideas for some posters with them.
    Brilliant work so far by the way, I've been waiting for Dead Space models since forever!
    Sure thing, if I find them.

And no, I haven't extracted the Stalkers and thanks

33. Post #113

January 2014
    253 Posts
    sorry but where are the monsters of Dead Space 3? I tried to look in the game folder but I find only the mesh of the map!

34. Post #114
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    sorry but where are the monsters of Dead Space 3? I tried to look in the game folder but I find only the mesh of the map!
    Necromorphs are located in bigfile2.viv\global_assets\global_assets\ds_assets \char_str\npc

Edited:

I may have to rip the Bench from the game, I have 0 clue where the Bench would be located.

I think it's with the map models.

Edited:

Heyy I found the Bench!

Edited:

I'm afraid you're going to have to piece together the right textures yourself, there are 186 different textures and I have no clue which one belongs to the Bench.

Edited:

Nevermind, I think I found the right textures but I included the other textures in case there's something I missed. Do you want also the Bench sounds?

Edited:

Okay here's the Bench from Dead Space and Dead Space 2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8iaa8zo0u...Bench.rar?dl=0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,753 Posts
    Thanks a bunch man, really appreciate it!

36. Post #116
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    Thanks a bunch man, really appreciate it!
    no probs

37. Post #117
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    January 2006
    5,576 Posts
    I managed to find the Noesis tool (your link is broken) and have that downloaded, however the script is no longer available. Could you upload it somewhere please, I'd like to go digging in Dead Space 3 having completed it and spent who knows how many hours exploring the game there are quite a few models I'd like to extract from it.

Thanks!

38. Post #118
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    I managed to find the Noesis tool (your link is broken) and have that downloaded, however the script is no longer available. Could you upload it somewhere please, I'd like to go digging in Dead Space 3 having completed it and spent who knows how many hours exploring the game there are quite a few models I'd like to extract from it.

Thanks!
    I updated the links, thanks for letting me know.

Here is the link to the texture script for Noesis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zpgf0qc3t...3_tg4h.py?dl=0

It works on all the 3 games.

39. Post #119
    Dennab
    January 2016
    138 Posts
    hey can you exctract level models or only characters? and do have monsters only or have damaged and limbless monster models?

40. Post #120
    October 2015
    243 Posts
    hey can you exctract level models or only characters? and do have monsters only or have damaged and limbless monster models?
    I can extract any .geo models from the games. As for the damaged meshes, I can extract those too but it will take too long to extract one piece at a time as the batch script I use ignore those meshes so I cannot open multiple damaged meshes at once. So I won't include them, unless someone makes a batch script for them.