1. Post #41
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    I'm working on a way to read the BNK animation files and possibly the HKX collision/physics files, but I can't seem to convert or import the bnk files.
    thanks, I'd really need the Brute animations now. Wish there was a way to get them.

2. Post #42
    January 2016
    153 Posts
    If you read the tutorial, you'd see that I said the .rcb.win files are the original skeletons. You need a script for 3D Max to open them found from the tutorial. But then again, the skeleton has to be rigged on the model.

Edited:

Added a tutorial for extracting models from the first Dead Space.
    my bad

3. Post #43
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    no problem

4. Post #44
    January 2016
    153 Posts
    since you have only 2 character models just asking if you will port issac from some dead spaces since he is protagonist. there are already issac models riped but i am sking since you are providing skin as well wich is awesome

btw good luck with animation ripping guys :D

5. Post #45
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    Just got the LVL1 suit extracted:

Edited:

I'm waiting for a script for the stasis and health bar textures. The current script cannot extract them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    January 2016
    153 Posts
    Just got the LVL1 suit extracted:

Edited:

I'm waiting for a script for the stasis and health bar textures. The current script cannot extract them.
    you are awesome. its dead space 1 model right?

7. Post #47
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    you are awesome. its dead space 1 model right?
    yep

8. Post #48
    November 2009
    787 Posts
    Would the Advanced Soldier stasis and health textures work?

9. Post #49
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    Would the Advanced Soldier stasis and health textures work?
    Nope, none of the stasis and rig bar textures work. I gotta wait until I get a new script for them.

10. Post #50

October 2014
    177 Posts
    Fantastic work, man! Any chance we'll see more civilian models?

11. Post #51
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    Fantastic work, man! Any chance we'll see more civilian models?
    perhaps

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,721 Posts
    Nope, none of the stasis and rig bar textures work. I gotta wait until I get a new script for them.
    If it helps, I was working on Dead Space stuff in my free time and saw that Rick's ConvertTG4 tool worked on DXT1, DXT3, and DXT5, and doesn't really have support for RGB DDS formats, which are what the stasis and rig health textures as stored as.

13. Post #53
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    If it helps, I was working on Dead Space stuff in my free time and saw that Rick's ConvertTG4 tool worked on DXT1, DXT3, and DXT5, and doesn't really have support for RGB DDS formats, which are what the stasis and rig health textures as stored as.
    Well it doesn't help much if it can't get the stasis/rig textures.

Edited:

I'll post some civilian models later. I just got Kendra from the first Dead Space ready (unrigged with a skeleton for that.)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    January 2010
    277 Posts
    Well it doesn't help much if it can't get the stasis/rig textures.
    Well if it helps any feel free to package up my handmade Rig textures with your new links. Now that there are proper ripping tools my T-posed by hand Advanced Soldier Rig is useless.

The colors were sampled from direct screenshots of the game, so they should be fairly accurate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    Well if it helps any feel free to package up my handmade Rig textures with your new links. Now that there are proper ripping tools my T-posed by hand Advanced Soldier Rig is useless.

The colors were sampled from direct screenshots of the game, so they should be fairly accurate.
    You did it by hand? That's impressive. And thanks for the offer but I'll use the ingame ones, they're still better as they are the originals. No offence though.

16. Post #56
    January 2010
    277 Posts
    You did it by hand? That's impressive. And thanks for the offer but I'll use the ingame ones, they're still better as they are the originals. No offence though.
    Well if you guys can't get anyone to support a script that can convert the ingame stasis/rig textures, they'll still be there as a worst case scenario.

Good luck, so glad the original Dead Space is finally getting somewhere in the way of ports.

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,721 Posts
    I managed to semi-convert the rig health bar textures, since the TG4D files are basically DDS files without a header, adding in a DXT1 header allows it to be usable, but come out in this swizzled form with obviously wrong colors. The ATI1 header works as well, but just produces a grayscale image that doesn't help with anything.

There's also an alpha channel. I'm not sure what to do with this "converted" file.

Well if you guys can't get anyone to support a script that can convert the ingame stasis/rig textures, they'll still be there as a worst case scenario.

Good luck, so glad the original Dead Space is finally getting somewhere in the way of ports.
    You can also use the color for the blue visor (example being 0035_playeradvancedhelmet_c or 0043_playeradvancedhelmetscreen_c), since that seems to be just the right color.

18. Post #58

July 2013
    258 Posts
    I rigged and published the Advanced Soldier thing including the health bar/stasis bodygroups. Report any issues idk
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=785909013

19. Post #59
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    Alright here are all the base RIG suits from Dead Space:

Edited:

The lvl3 armor needs a bit of adjusting as well I still need the RIG and stasis bar textures.

Edited:

I'll extract the Advanced Suit now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,008 Posts
    Can't believe this is seriously happening I need to get back into SFM.
    Time to repair my PC I guess!

Are you actually planning on porting from all 3 Games?

21. Post #61
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    Can't believe this is seriously happening I need to get back into SFM.
    Time to repair my PC I guess!

Are you actually planning on porting from all 3 Games?
    :)

22. Post #62
    January 2012
    1,616 Posts
    So, how do I open the .str files then? Trying to get the weapons.

23. Post #63
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    So, how do I open the .str files then? Trying to get the weapons.
    Follow the tutorial, it has all the necessary files.

24. Post #64
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    Updated the tg4h script download link for Dead Space 2 RIG textures.

25. Post #65
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    Blew it, I'll just upload the Dead Space suit models along with their unconverted RIG textures. Someone else with the knowledge can convert them.

Edited:

Alright included the download link the partially incomplete RIGs from the first game.

26. Post #66
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    Got all three Advanced Suit textures done :)

27. Post #67

July 2013
    258 Posts
    Got all three Advanced Suit textures done :)
    awesome, gonna do the reskins some day (and probably add skins from user made mods from the game)

28. Post #68
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    awesome, gonna do the reskins some day (and probably add skins from user made mods from the game)
    okay but I noticed the base model is kinda screwed up with missing some parts and the neck being away from the rest of the body. I gotta reupload the model later today but the textures haven't changed.

Edited:

Okay I updated the models, however, I'm not sure if the head is screwed up and missing some parts (the mouth model, lashes, eyes and the hair)

29. Post #69
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    I'm taking requests of models I could extract, i've kinda ran out of ideas and don't want to extract all the models in the games as it would take a year.

30. Post #70
    January 2012
    1,616 Posts
    The weapons or level chunks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    The weapons or level chunks.
    What weapons would you like?

And I really don't know about levels as they're always a mess of million models and textures.

Edited:

Okay I extracted all the Plasma Cutters from Dead Space 2 as well as the Hand Cannon.

Edited:

I put up some Necromorph models as well

32. Post #72

October 2014
    177 Posts
    Could you possibly do Nolan Stross, please?

33. Post #73
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    Could you possibly do Nolan Stross, please?
    Done

34. Post #74

January 2014
    262 Posts
    I have a question, these models have the original skeleton?

35. Post #75
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    I have a question, these models have the original skeleton?
    The models are not rigged but i included the original skeleton files in the folders with the models that you can apply to the models.

To open the RCB.win files, download and use this script from Xentax:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v340d9yzsi...0bones.ms?dl=0

36. Post #76

January 2014
    262 Posts
    The models are not rigged but i included the original skeleton files in the folders with the models that you can apply to the models.

To open the RCB.win files, download and use this script from Xentax:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v340d9yzsi...0bones.ms?dl=0
    It is possible in the future to get it all together?

37. Post #77
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    It is possible in the future to get it all together?
    yes, if you know how to rig. I personally don't :D

38. Post #78
    February 2016
    93 Posts
    Hey, could you extract the The SWS Motorized Pulse Rifle from Dead Space 1, and if possible Chen and Johnston?
    Perhaps Spencer Mahad from Dead Space 3 and the NPC's Security Suit from Dead Space 2 too?

39. Post #79
    October 2015
    261 Posts
    Hey, could you extract the The SWS Motorized Pulse Rifle from Dead Space 1, and if possible Chen and Johnston?
    Perhaps Spencer Mahad from Dead Space 3 and the NPC's Security Suit from Dead Space 2 too?
    General Mahad and the EarthGov soldier NPC can be found here:

http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/spencer-mahad-33879.html

and here

http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/crew-3241.html

And sure I will upload the Pulse Rifle and them two.

Edited:

Pulse Rifle variants are up.

40. Post #80
    February 2016
    93 Posts
    General Mahad and the EarthGov soldier NPC can be found here:

http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/spencer-mahad-33879.html

and here

http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/crew-3241.html

And sure I will upload the Pulse Rifle and them two.

Edited:

Pulse Rifle variants are up.
    Wonderful, thank you !