1. Post #1281
    January 2016
    81 Posts
    really long quote
    It's pretty much a scummy thing to do. I don't thing SUP would have to lie to get players anyway cause they're like the most popular lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1282
    Yep, I'm a brony sperg. Dealwithit.
    March 2013
    628 Posts
    You're saying we should limit creation of our content because another server owner doesn't have the knowledge to do the same thing?

What we're doing doesn't use any exploits. We aren't hacking anything.
    We're saying you (SuperiorServers) should limit your server to being listed where the master server list says it should be listed, instead of bypassing the master server list and listing additional dummy servers that reconnect players to your master server, and then spoofing the playercount on these dummy servers to look like your master server.

It may not be an exploit, but it is deceitful, it's morally wrong, and it's siphoning players from other regions, players that could be otherwise playing on and maybe even donating to local servers that simply never got a chance to be seen because your server's are always at the top of everybody's serverlist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #1283
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    7,421 Posts
    tbh just write "redirect server" and i don't give a shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1284
    March 2013
    628 Posts
    tbh just write "redirect server" and i don't give a shit
    Saddest part, he once DID write [US | REDIRECT] onto his servers, after everyone kicking up a stink. As soon as he did, we all shut up and moved on, and he quietly removed them again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

5. Post #1285
    You've disrespected the gmod community, you've disrespected facepunch, and most of all you've disrespected the active developers of the game.
    I find this very unfair. The size and breadth of the communities we run and have ran have allowed us to actively contribute to the community as a whole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #1286
    March 2013
    628 Posts
    I find this very unfair. The size and breadth of the communities we run and have ran have allowed us to actively contribute to the community as a whole.
    Yet despite the fact you contribute to the community, you also disrespect it by going against its wishes. We've asked you to label your redirect servers. You did that for maybe 2 or 3 weeks, and then stopped. We asked you to take down your redirect servers (by we I mean RB here mostly), even given you an entire update to fix your perceived geo-ip problem. You guys admitted that the update would fix your problem. You even admitted that redirect servers would be nothing but malicious after that update. That was 6 months ago, and now you have redirect servers again.

Everyone on FP (aside from a few special snowflakes) are telling you to fuck off with your redirect servers. You refusing and pretending like you are doing nothing wrong is disrespectful to the community.

You are basically saying it's ok to evade over $10M in taxes because you donated $10,000 to a charity once or twice.

The more I think about it, the more you are behaving like Donald Trump. <insert unpopular opinion meme here>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #1287
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,306 Posts
    Tbh, having hoops for server owners to jump through might not be the worst thing that could happen. It might weed out a lot of the shit we have in the community...

Just a thought lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1288
    September 2009
    1,677 Posts
    This is almost like saying, "I paid for admin so therefore I can do whatever I want now"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #1289
    March 2013
    628 Posts
    Tbh, having hoops for server owners to jump through might not be the worst thing that could happen. It might weed out a lot of the shit we have in the community...

Just a thought lol
    I completely agree, I feel that the CSGO solution should be used for Garry's Mod. This would make server owners far more responsible (legally) for the content hosted on their servers, and would make banning malicious servers easier.

Some people have said earlier that this may not be the solution, but I fail to see a better solution. Our current solution clearly isn't effective, ie we have one or two people who can (?) ban disruptive or malicious servers, but they more often don't than do, and we get drama like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1290
    Not another server
    August 2013
    1,533 Posts
    The more I think about it, the more you are behaving like Donald Trump. <insert unpopular opinion meme here>
    SAD

(User was banned for this post ("Shitpost - Why reply" - Reagy))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1291
    March 2013
    628 Posts
    Glad to see you've taken the opportunity to give us your side of the story, and thrown it out the window by meming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #1292
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,350 Posts
    Glad to see you've taken the opportunity to give us your side of the story, and thrown it out the window by meming.
    To be honest you can't compare someone to Trump and be taken seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1293
    March 2013
    628 Posts
    To be honest you can't compare someone to Trump and be taken seriously.
    I compared him to trump because he is acting like trump: hiding from accusation, claiming its false despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, excusing his actions because he has a lot of money and gives a little bit of it away just when it suits him most...

How is Stoned not a trump?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 2Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

14. Post #1294
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    7,324 Posts
    The good things you do don't balance the bad things out. They're rightfully seen independent of one another.

You seem more willing to defend Superior server's actions. I respect that. I think, though, that the comments about disrespect were about the promises were apparently made only to appease us, and that the intention to put it all back was there even before those promises were posted. Stoned could not have given a bigger "FUCK YOU" message even if he wrote it on a wooden log in his anal cavity in a pink permanent marker with shiny glitters and posted it stretched out in this thread in full HD.

I don't care how many contributions you've made by being a big community, you don't treat people this way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #1295
    Not another server
    August 2013
    1,533 Posts
    I compared him to trump because he is acting like trump: hiding from accusation, claiming its false despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary, excusing his actions because he has a lot of money and gives a little bit of it away just when it suits him most...

I wish I had a lot of money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #1296
    -snip-
    March 2013
    16,766 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #1297
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,350 Posts

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks tossing a trump comparison into a unrelated topic is pretty much a meme at this point. I read your post and thought you were on point and when you brought up trump it just nullified it all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #1298
    March 2013
    628 Posts
    10:33 PM - aStonedPenguin: https://fi1.es/YoFez
    10:33 PM - aStonedPenguin: dont see myself as the malicous one here
    Translation: Everyone else is doing it so I can do it too!

Stoned, if UrbanGamers and DivinityRoleplay jumped off a cliff, would you do it too?

You are the malicious one here, because you told us you would take down the servers. You DID take down the servers, then brought them back up.

Please see Falco's post about the wooden log.

19. Post #1299
    October 2014
    2,504 Posts
    Hello, can someone pm me the method so i can abuse this myself,

thanks.

fix this shit and the clusterfuck goes away
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #1300
    Gold Member

June 2011
    365 Posts
    Translation: Everyone else is doing it so I can do it too!

Stoned, if UrbanGamers and DivinityRoleplay jumped off a cliff, would you do it too?

You are the malicious one here, because you told us you would take down the servers. You DID take down the servers, then brought them back up.

Please see Falco's post about the wooden log.
    Funny he says that considering he is the one who has used redirects first both times. Both UG and Div only put up redirects after Sup had them online for a few months again without any punishment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

21. Post #1301
    June 2013
    251 Posts
    Funny he says that considering he is the one who has used redirects first both times. Both UG and Div only put up redirects after Sup had them online for a few months again without any punishment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 17Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #1302
    January 2016
    140 Posts

(User was banned for this post ("Posting on behalf of a banned user" - Bengley))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

23. Post #1303
    -snip-
    March 2013
    16,766 Posts
    Yes, I'm mad that my non-existent Garry's Mod community is doing awful because of SUP. Or maybe I just think it's scummy practice and goes right against the agreement made with Willox when he fixed the server browser. Also, I see no need to aim a reply and the devs when Robotboy clearly said a few pages ago:

Maybe I should just blacklist their real servers.
    Edited:

Oops, sorry

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #1304
    i am resally durnbk
    December 2012
    3,087 Posts
    This is all of FP vs Stoned and King of Beast, why has nothing been done about this yet?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #1305
    table.Exists
    August 2014
    1,219 Posts
    So, the only arguments I've heard today to support spoofing the player count is as follows:

"blame the gmod devs not the ones abusing the exploit"
    "others are doing it so i can also do it why are you blaming me!!"
    "wow ur just jealous we get more players than u!!"
    "why are you only targeting us and not the >>2<< other servers also doing this!!"

Now, all these reasons are fucking idiotic and if anyone has any good arguments to actually support their actions (exploiting a vulnerability to gain popularity and more players/earn more money) that doesn't go against any of the arguments that were just listed then please do share them, as I'd love to hear what kind of bullshit someone can spit up at this point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

26. Post #1306
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,603 Posts
    I see the drama in gmod hasn't gone, it's just changed.

My two cents: the same as everyone else. Grow up and run your servers properly without redirect servers.

Though, aussies complaining about ping isn't new either haha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #1307
    Known to all as "ARitz Cracker"
    March 2009
    2,308 Posts
    I've updated my PR to include DivinityRoleplay a while back, now to include UrbanGamers.

Edited:

Done. Please show your continued support at https://github.com/garrynewman/garrysmod/pull/1343

This PR has more support than any other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #1308
    October 2014
    2,504 Posts
    I'd love to see willox or robotboy weigh in on this in a way thats not a shitpost

29. Post #1309
    Known to all as "ARitz Cracker"
    March 2009
    2,308 Posts
    I'd love to see willox or robotboy weigh in on this in a way thats not a shitpost
    tbh, it's half-shitpost half-serious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1310
    I've got a bad feeling about this
    December 2007
    3,082 Posts
    I'd like to see Robotboy actually implement his shitpost.
    It would certainly get the message across, it'd be like roaches when the lights come on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #1311
    January 2012
    327 Posts
    It's a sad thing to see Garry's Mod turned into this.
    A good community with a great playerbase is not created with redirect servers but with good content.
    Redirect servers definitely shouldn't be allowed. Why else have a [ping] column in a server browser if servers will spoof it anyway?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #1312
    December 2007
    3,082 Posts
    tbh, it's half-shitpost half-serious.
    I'd feel the same way if I were in his position too, tbh.

e: my automergeeee
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #1313
    October 2014
    2,504 Posts
    I'd like to see Robotboy actually implement his shitpost.
    It would certainly get the message across, it'd be like roaches when the lights come on.
    He should do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #1314
    December 2007
    3,082 Posts
    Isn't Velkon banned?

35. Post #1315
    November 2015
    173 Posts
    Im just going to put my two cents in, it's unfair that they can be at the top if another server provides the exact same experience and that server is closer to the player.

36. Post #1316
    Author of the detected GMod Cheat cheat Oubhack

January 2012
    1,002 Posts
    Im just going to put my two cents in, it's unfair that they can be at the top if another server provides the exact same experience and thst server is closer to the player.
    they wouldn't provide the exact same experience because they wouldn't have the same amount of players. if they did they would be shown at the top too

37. Post #1317
    November 2015
    173 Posts
    they wouldn't provide the exact same experience because they wouldn't have the same amount of players. if they did they would be shown at the top too
    Penguin should release this method of his if he is going to abuse it.

38. Post #1318
    December 2007
    3,082 Posts
    Happy 1,000!

Nobody here has a problem with Superior being popular, I think. I know I don't, and I hate their server.

Everyone has a problem with them spoofing playercounts on an objectively fake server to dupe the Australian playerbase, and so far we haven't had an 'official' response from the staff about what the action plan is to get it handled. That's my impression of what most people here are pissed about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #1319
    Don't PM me about moderation - PM any of the mods.
    May 2008
    15,184 Posts
    Alright so I will blacklist their duplicate server IPs right now.

If I will see any attempts to bypass the blacklist, I will ban your real server's IP and host name.

This includes everyone. Not just SUP and the other 2.

This brings me no joy, but it seems that people fail to understand that this is not OK.

Consider this your last warning.

To anyone saying I should just ban their real servers right now, while I definitely do agree that this behavior is unacceptable, I also don't want to hurt real players of those servers/this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Winner x 47Informative x 2Zing x 1Agree x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #1320
    December 2007
    3,082 Posts
    Alright so I will blacklist their duplicate server IPs right now.

If I will see any attempts to bypass the blacklist, I will ban your real server's IP and host name.

This includes everyone. Not just SUP and the other 2.

This brings me no joy, but it seems that people fail to understand that this is not OK.

Consider this your last warning.

To anyone saying I should just ban their real servers right now, while I definitely do agree that this behavior is unacceptable, I also don't want to hurt real players of those servers/this game.
    This is very reasonable and effective! Thank you.