1. Post #361
    October 2014
    3,045 Posts
    The fundamental issue here is how shit the gmod menu is.

Make changes there and people dont have a reason to make redirect servers.

If thats not possible due to a limitation on valves end then start taking action against redirect servers who do not explicitly state they redirect people.

case closed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Late Late x 2 (list)

2. Post #362
    PENISCORP DIRECTOR
    August 2007
    3,041 Posts
    If thats not possible due to a limitation on valves end then start taking action against redirect servers who do not explicitly state they redirect people.
    Isn't that exactly what they were trying to do???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,276 Posts
    The dev branch's server list has more servers but it still only displays the top 128 according to whatever you're sorting by. I changed the server rank stuff a little too because my entire server list was pretty much gm_construct servers with 7ms latency and 1 player.
    Seems to be working, seeing a lot more populated servers outside my region.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #364
    Not another server
    August 2013
    1,587 Posts
    The fundamental issue here is how shit the gmod menu is.

Make changes there and people dont have a reason to make redirect servers.

case closed
    Willox just stated he made more servers show. After looking at it myself and talking to him its pretty much fixed the geoip issue. Mirror servers will be useless for anything other than being malicious next update.

Props to Willox for actually fixing long standing issues in this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 7 (list)

5. Post #365
    i am resally durnbk
    December 2012
    3,141 Posts
    Willox did you raise the amount of servers the browser shows or did you hide more empty ones?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #366
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    7,484 Posts
    Willox just stated he made more servers show. After looking at it myself and talking to him it's pretty much fixed the geoip issue. Mirror servers will be useless for anything other than being malicious next update.

This is a great attitude towards this. Cheers!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,207 Posts
    Thank fuck, love you Willox. Can't wait to see SUP's player count drop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 21Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    October 2014
    789 Posts
    Willox just stated he made more servers show. After looking at it myself and talking to him its pretty much fixed the geoip issue. Mirror servers will be useless for anything other than being malicious next update.

I take it this still won't solve the roleplay take over on the gamemode list still?
    I like playing other gamemodes than ttt, rp, anything used a lot pretty much but it's hard when they're at the bottom of the list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    Shit
    On
    Shit
    March 2013
    18,473 Posts
    I take it this still won't solve the roleplay take over on the gamemode list still?
    I like playing other gamemodes than ttt, rp, anything used a lot pretty much but it's hard when they're at the bottom of the list.
    What does that have to do with mirror servers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #370
    October 2014
    789 Posts
    What does that have to do with mirror servers?
    he said he'd make more servers show so I was generalizing it off of that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

11. Post #371
    June 2013
    2,588 Posts
    Thank fuck, love you Willox. Can't wait to see SUP's player count drop
    Considering their population before the redirect servers I doubt not having them will affect shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

12. Post #372
    Shit
    On
    Shit
    March 2013
    18,473 Posts

Hail
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 29Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,946 Posts
    All addons from workshop collection. Also, this is Linux if it makes any difference.

Edited:

No srcds_cache in the root folder either. Permissions are good as well it looks like.
    To bump the issue. I made a reinstall of the GMod dev branch, and it will fully(?) download the addon according to the console, but after it reaches 100% downloaded, it throws the 37 error.

Code:
    Processing addon 1 - 'Assmod 2.4 Content'...
       Addon needs downloading...
       Downloading [ 200% of 1.6 KB ]
       Download Failed! Code: 37
    WS: Finished!

14. Post #374
    Don't PM me about moderation - PM any of the mods.
    May 2008
    15,816 Posts
    To bump the issue. I made a reinstall of the GMod dev branch, and it will fully(?) download the addon according to the console, but after it reaches 100% downloaded, it throws the 37 error.

Code:
    Processing addon 1 - 'Assmod 2.4 Content'...
       Addon needs downloading...
       Downloading [ 200% of 1.6 KB ]
       Download Failed! Code: 37
    WS: Finished!
    Try again in ~1 hour please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,946 Posts
    Try again in ~1 hour please.
    Seems to have extracted and loaded the addons. Thanks.

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,641 Posts
    iirc, it's not possible to center the text of a DTextEntry element? Is this something that could be looked into?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #377
    Your local friendly Lua helper!
    July 2011
    1,877 Posts
    iirc, it's not possible to center the text of a DTextEntry element? Is this something that could be looked into?
    Could use this snippet.

Of course that's a hacky solution.

18. Post #378
    March 2015
    1,112 Posts
    Hello why is echo blacklisted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    November 2014
    58 Posts
    Why would you need it? Just use print() instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #380
    July 2011
    1,877 Posts
    Did you try http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/game/ConsoleCommand

IIRC it doesn't block as many as RunConsoleCommand does.

21. Post #381

October 2016
    120 Posts
    Will NW2 replace NW-Vars?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Optimistic x 6Agree x 3Late x 2Funny x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,276 Posts
    Would be awesome to have stdout fixed for Linux servers, been an issue for a long time and the console.log output misses engine errors and possibly crash causes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,946 Posts
    Would be awesome to have stdout fixed for Linux servers, been an issue for a long time and the console.log output misses engine errors and possibly crash causes.
    I don't even remember when it last worked. It's been an outstanding issue for so long...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,276 Posts
    I don't even remember when it last worked. It's been an outstanding issue for so long...
    I think it broke around December 2015 after an update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,915 Posts
    Wasn't Windowed No Border added to the graphics settings menu like years ago? It doesn't seem to be there now, it definitely should be.

26. Post #386
    Shit
    On
    Shit
    March 2013
    18,473 Posts
    It was only fixed for a few months iirc; it didn't work while Garry was around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #387
    July 2011
    1,877 Posts
    Can we get SetPlayerColor moved from Player to Entity? I want to set the playercolor of my nextbots.

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    December 2013
    1,295 Posts
    Can we get SetPlayerColor moved from Player to Entity? I want to set the playercolor of my nextbots.
    Does it not work if you do
    Code:
    nextbot.GetPlayerColor = function()
        return Vector(1, 0, 0) -- red
    end
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #389
    Willox said I can put anything in here, so I've put
    *meow*
    December 2009
    2,970 Posts
    Do the above for whatever entities you want. I don't think overriding entity.GetPlayerColor is a good idea because that's how this stuff has always worked.

30. Post #390
    July 2011
    1,877 Posts
    Do the above for whatever entities you want. I don't think overriding entity.GetPlayerColor is a good idea because that's how this stuff has always worked.
    That's a really lame reason not to update things.

I doubt it would break anything anyway. If people wrote their own functions like that for it then they would just be overriding the new default behavior.

31. Post #391
    Willox said I can put anything in here, so I've put
    *meow*
    December 2009
    2,970 Posts
    That's a really lame reason not to update things.

I doubt it would break anything anyway. If people wrote their own functions like that for it then they would just be overriding the new default behavior.
    The metatables have higher precedence than ordinary values set on entities.

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    2,050 Posts
    The metatables have higher precedence than ordinary values set on entities.
    function ENTITY:GetPlayerColor(...)
        local override = rawget(self, "GetPlayerColor")
        if override then return override(self, ...) end
    end
    (this is pseudocode because (A) it wouldn't be in lua anyway (right?) and (B) I haven't even checked if rawget works on entities like that)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #393
    August 2016
    482 Posts
    LanguageChanged would be very useful to have in the client state. Could even be useful on the server state. Yes, gmod_language exists on the server as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events

34. Post #394
    May 2012
    643 Posts
    LanguageChanged would be very useful to have in the client state. Could even be useful on the server state. Yes, gmod_language exists on the server as well.
    Isn't it easier to just do this?

cvars.AddChangeCallback( "gmod_language", function( name, old, new ) end, "something unique" )

No overriding involved, so anyone can hook into it easily.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #395
    August 2016
    482 Posts
    Isn't it easier to just do this?

cvars.AddChangeCallback( "gmod_language", function( name, old, new ) end, "something unique" )

No overriding involved, so anyone can hook into it easily.
    I already tried that. It doesn't work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events

36. Post #396
    May 2012
    643 Posts
    I already tried that. It doesn't work.
    It certainly does work clientside. I use it in some of my tools via here and haven't had issues.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #397
    August 2016
    482 Posts
    It certainly does work clientside. I use it in some of my tools via here and haven't had issues.
    Wow. Works on the client indeed. I did my testing with the console, but it didn't work there. Strange it only works on the client.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #398
    March 2013
    824 Posts
    So funny you said this because I was thinking the same thing 2-3 days ago.

I ended up just using:
    Code:
    self.GetPlayerColor = function() return Vector( 1, 0, 0 ) end
    Inside my CL function (cl_init.lua)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    December 2013
    1,295 Posts
    Inside my ENT:Draw function (cl_init.lua)
    so you're overriding the function every frame then...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #400
    January 2016
    34 Posts
    Will Gmod engine ever updated? Will linux srcds ever use all cores/threads? And what about fps? There is about 25-40 fps at rp_bangclaw with freeze every 3-5 secs, but it is all alright with my PC(i3-4130 HD7790 10GB RAM).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Ukraine Show Events Optimistic x 7Dumb x 5Winner x 2Agree x 2Informative x 1Lua Helper x 1 (list)