1. Post #1761
    I'm rocketsnail full of rocketfail! Drop boxes ⇒⇒⇒
    January 2011
    3,293 Posts
    The licensing fee is for using the Source Engine for any commercial project. The fee goes to licensing Havok, Bink, and Miles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

2. Post #1762
    September 2009
    1,732 Posts
    Garry's Mod 2 was an early/late April fools joke, everyone knows this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #1763

April 2017
    21 Posts
    gmod on source 2 engine 2k17 pl0x
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #1764
    I'm rocketsnail full of rocketfail! Drop boxes ⇒⇒⇒
    January 2011
    3,293 Posts
    gmod 2 on the UT2005 engine pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1765

April 2017
    21 Posts
    gmod 2 on the UT2005 engine pls
    DarkRP on Xbox 1 Support Pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

6. Post #1766
    I code stuff.
    November 2009
    901 Posts
    Update on Awesomium Must Die 3.0:

My old version was really dependent on CEF shit, so I decided to restart with Ley's version as a base rather than gutting mine. The Steam HTML surface has a pretty limited API compared to CEF, but it's a good deal easier to use. Shit's going to get a little hacky, I'm gonna cut some corners pretty hard. There might be some security concerns, so when I get it working I'll probably just throw it at glua.team and see if anyone can break it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 6 (list)

7. Post #1767
    Yep, I'm a brony sperg. Dealwithit.
    March 2013
    735 Posts
    DarkRP on Xbox 1 Support Pls
    melon wars on the atari support pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

8. Post #1768
    VXP
    January 2012
    45 Posts
    Melon Racer official competitive matches pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1769
    January 2012
    1,807 Posts
    Fuck that noise man, we need melon racer working on calculators.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events

10. Post #1770
    Your local friendly Lua helper!
    July 2011
    1,796 Posts
    Hey let's stop shitposting! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #1771
    May 2014
    773 Posts
    I already plan on allowing modules to create their own types/metatables/userdata without using the current hacky methods and also stopping calls coroutines from causing modules to crash.
    Considering this isn't on pre-release I assume it's not coming this update?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

12. Post #1772
    I code stuff.
    November 2009
    901 Posts
    Here's the situation...

Getting ISteamHTMLSurface to work on a basic level was actually really easy. There are two three big issues:

1. The user is always authed with steam sites in ISteamHTMLSurface. I don't think it's possible to disable this. The best way I can think to handle it is to just blacklist steam domains, and encourage usage of gui.OpenURL() for steam shit.

2. I don't think custom protocol handlers can be added with ISteamHTMLSurface. I can probably just whitelist very specific file:// urls, but this still sounds pretty sketchy. file:// urls also tend to be pretty limited. Another option is to run a local fucking http server that serves assets.

Edit: 3. I'm not even sure if background transparency is possible, despite the fact that it passes along alpha values. This is shit tier. What am I supposed to do, chroma key it?

Edit: Fuck this I'm going back to arguing with idiots about javascript on reddit, let me know if you have any ideas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

13. Post #1773
    Your local friendly Lua helper!
    July 2011
    1,796 Posts
    Here's the situation...

Getting ISteamHTMLSurface to work on a basic level was actually really easy. There are two big issues:

1. The user is always authed with steam sites in ISteamHTMLSurface. I don't think it's possible to disable this. The best way I can think to handle it is to just blacklist steam domains, and encourage usage of gui.OpenURL() for steam shit.

2. I don't think custom protocol handlers can be added with ISteamHTMLSurface. I can probably just whitelist very specific file:// urls, but this still sounds pretty sketchy. file:// urls also tend to be pretty limited. Another option is to run a local fucking http server that serves assets.
    How exactly is authorization an issue? Sounds like a feature to me. What ways could it be abused?

14. Post #1774
    October 2014
    2,665 Posts
    How exactly is authorization an issue? Sounds like a feature to me. What ways could it be abused?
    I'm thinking getting people to open malicious links and fuck with some stuff on steam sites

15. Post #1775
    July 2013
    1,497 Posts
    considering we have full control of the panel we can do anything we want with anyone that connected to our server's account
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #1776
    March 2014
    347 Posts
    Imagine waking up after an update that had this and seeing 1,293 new friend requests on Steam because someone backdoor'd their workshop addon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

17. Post #1777
    TFA
    March 2015
    913 Posts
    Imagine waking up after an update that had this and seeing 1,293 new friend requests on Steam because someone backdoor'd their workshop addon.
    It'd be almost like submitting an addon to workshop yourself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 3Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #1778
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    7,461 Posts
    More like the equivalent of pretty much any XSS attack on Steam Community. So worst cases are stuff like executing javascript to buy stuff from the market, to trade items, etc..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #1779
    YukiTheater.org
    January 2013
    167 Posts
    Here's the situation...
    I would say custom protocol handlers and Steam Auth are only an issue if you're pitching this as a full blown Awesomium Replacement as opposed to an Alternative.

If we're only going for the alternative approach, file:// or custom protocols aren't strictly speaking needed (I can live without them at least) and the potential security issue with Steam domains could be solved by preventing any and all connections to them (XHR, IFrames, Web Sockets, navigation, etc), if that's possible within ISteamHTMLSurface.

Furthermore, are you sure you can't create a new, separate Cookie Jar/Manager/Store for an instance of ISteamHTMLSurface? I know you can in CEF using the CefCookieManager class at least.

Also these links may prove to be of use to you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1780
    I'm Better Than You
    August 2008
    7,461 Posts
    Just GitHub it and let's work together, I'm sure we can all find the best solution to these issues.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #1781
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    908 Posts
    Furthermore, are you sure you can't create a new, separate Cookie Jar/Manager/Store for an instance of ISteamHTMLSurface? I know you can in CEF using the CefCookieManager class at least.
    We need to find out if it is possible for ISteamHTMLSurface to isolate Gmod's session from Steam/overlay's session. If CEF can do it it why couldn't Steam since it's based on that? Garry/Facepunch must have contacts they could ask at Valve about if it's possible or how realistic it would be to add it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

22. Post #1782
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    1,067 Posts
    We need to find out if it is possible for ISteamHTMLSurface to isolate Gmod's session from Steam/overlay's session. If CEF can do it it why couldn't Steam since it's based on that? Garry/Facepunch must have contacts they could ask at Valve about if it's possible or how realistic it would be to add it.
    There's a function called SetCookie
    Code:
    	virtual void SetCookie( const char *pchHostname, const char *pchKey, const char *pchValue, const char *pchPath = "/", RTime32 nExpires = 0, bool bSecure = false, bool bHTTPOnly = false ) = 0;
    could probably use it to make their steam cookies invalid aka be logged out @the web shit.
    hacky solution tho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #1783
    October 2008
    1,577 Posts
    It's kind of a shame that the twitter change log bot is turned off now. It was quite useful to keep track of the upcoming changes. Will there be an alternative (aka. a change log sorted by time) beside the change log in the wiki?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #1784
    Don't PM me about moderation - PM any of the mods.
    May 2008
    15,396 Posts
    It's kind of a shame that the twitter change log bot is turned off now. It was quite useful to keep track of the upcoming changes. Will there be an alternative (aka. a change log sorted by time) beside the change log in the wiki?
    Will have to alter the Dev branch change log format I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

25. Post #1785
    Gold Member

April 2011
    97 Posts
    Sorry if this was already mentioned but is there an estimated time the next update will be out?

Edit: I meant an actual time rather than they day. I know it's usually around 1pm but is that what's going to happen tomorrow?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #1786
    October 2008
    1,577 Posts
    Sorry if this was already mentioned but is there an estimated time the next update will be out?
    Tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

27. Post #1787
    I code stuff.
    November 2009
    901 Posts
    Just GitHub it and let's work together, I'm sure we can all find the best solution to these issues.
    The attempt at a drop in replacement is 100% not going to work. At this point I'm not sure if I want to try optimizing my CEF version or build a new control for ISteamHTMLSurface.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #1788
    Divinity Roleplay
    August 2011
    550 Posts
    I think Scott was asking for time as in what time today will the update be coming out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #1789

January 2014
    209 Posts
    Countdown timer for the update?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Israel Show Events

30. Post #1790
    Willox said I can put anything in here, so I've put
    *meow*
    December 2009
    2,949 Posts
    3PM sounds good. http://a.chronus.eu/17B8BE8

Just a heads up, the networking is compatible across prerelease/main, so it should be fine to update your server whenever is good for you (even right now if you specify the prerelease branch). There's quite a lot of fixes though, so make sure you do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

31. Post #1791
    orc

September 2015
    158 Posts

Ermmm... I think you guys might want to get on the Dev branch asap!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

32. Post #1792
    I code stuff.
    November 2009
    901 Posts

Ermmm... I think you guys might want to get on the Dev branch asap!
    God damn it.

How am I supposed to stick it to the man when homeboy actually does his job?

33. Post #1793
    November 2010
    95 Posts
    linux broken?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome Netherlands Show Events

34. Post #1794
    *meow*
    December 2009
    2,949 Posts
    linux broken?
    Yeah, sorry. Let me figure it out.

Edited:

Looks like some binaries went AWOL since moving to a more reliable Linux build-server. I'll have it working soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #1795

January 2015
    38 Posts
    Thanks for keeping your words :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome Malaysia Show Events

36. Post #1796
    *meow*
    December 2009
    2,949 Posts
    Alright the missing binary for Linux clients is on the dev branch now. I'll have it up on prerelease/main within the hour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #1797
    November 2010
    95 Posts
    Alright the missing binary for Linux clients is on the dev branch now. I'll have it up on prerelease/main within the hour.
    confirmed being fixed on dev. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Chrome Netherlands Show Events

38. Post #1798
    April 2016
    446 Posts
    New thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United States Show Events

39. Post #1799
    *meow*
    December 2009
    2,949 Posts