1. Post #1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    6,327 Posts
    You've got to be kidding?

3. Post #3
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    16,587 Posts
    It started off on a high note but then got worse and worse

like dark souls lmfao what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

4. Post #4
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    some excellent picks, then some shit i've never heard of, and then dark souls lol.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,256 Posts
    There should have been a distinction between Survival-Horror and Action-Horror.

6. Post #6
    Ask me about
    the stick
    up my ass
    April 2010
    11,447 Posts
    Dark Souls, DayZ, Alien but no I Must Scream But I Have No Mouth? Sure, let's go with the games that are barely horror, if at all, but leave out a fairly well known one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,256 Posts
    Dark Souls, DayZ, Alien
    Alien is horror though?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

8. Post #8
    Ask me about
    the stick
    up my ass
    April 2010
    11,447 Posts
    Alien is horror though?
    That one never came across as horror to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Dumb Dumb x 14Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,256 Posts
    Ever played it? It's pretty much horror like Amnesia and Outlast. It also fits perfectly into Survival-Horror genre.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 15Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #10

December 2014
    1,049 Posts
    How can you NOT class Alien: Isolation as a horror game? That game makes me shit my pants every time I look at it's name on Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 7 (list)

11. Post #11
    I sell weed to elementary school students
    February 2009
    11,047 Posts
    Dark Souls is not straight up horror, but it's definitely horror-inspired.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,600 Posts
    Pathologic. That game is true horror.

You have not actually known horror until every inhabitant of a town has talked your ear off about the meaning of life, death and love and the underlaying sentiments an individual might go through when faced with the insignificance of his subconscious persona in relation to the collective perception of time and space.

True horror I tell you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,520 Posts
    Dark Souls is best

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    10,641 Posts
    No Clive Barker's Undying yet again. God that game gets so little love.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome India Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    Dark Souls, DayZ, Alien but no I Must Scream But I Have No Mouth? Sure, let's go with the games that are barely horror, if at all, but leave out a fairly well known one.
    dayz is the game that the walking dead wishes it had, minus the zombies. that's kinda spooky.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member

April 2011
    4,845 Posts
    IIRC the game went from a very atmospheric horror game to mediocre FPS after half the game. Btw, that family painting was epic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Croatia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    10,641 Posts
    IIRC the game went from a very atmospheric horror game to mediocre FPS after half the game. Btw, that family painting was epic.
    to be fair, that was because they didnt have time to flesh everything out properly and did a real rush job towards the end

Had they had the time to get it done right, it would've been a masterpiece - personally I hope it gets remade someday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome India Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    :-)
    December 2007
    4,454 Posts
    That story is more morbid than it is scary in the sense of the others. Will say that it is one of the most depressing things I've read though.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    6,345 Posts
    Growin up Aaron was probably the most terrifying thing I've experienced in video games. Shame Jericho flopped, I'd kill for a Undying remake.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    9,407 Posts
    Says someone who has never played Alien: Isolation. One of the only times I've frozen up when playing a game is when the Alien first actually saw me and starting moving towards me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    July 2013
    1,804 Posts
    I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream was not a horror game honestly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Ask me about
    the stick
    up my ass
    April 2010
    11,447 Posts
    I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream was not a horror game honestly.
    Uh, the list includes Dark Souls and DayZ. How is I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream less of a horror game than those?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    July 2013
    1,804 Posts
    Uh, the list includes Dark Souls and DayZ. How is I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream less of a horror game than those?
    i don't care what that list included lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    August 2014
    2,171 Posts
    Holy fuck Slender isn't even scary. Yeah the jumpscares are gonna catch you off guard if you haven't played the game or watched a let's play of it, but all you need to do to win the game is to NOT turn around and you're golden.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    16,587 Posts
    The list could include Putt-Putt Joins the Circus on it, that doesn't make I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream a horror game. PC Gamer isn't the go-to authority on what's horror and what's not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    9,195 Posts
    In I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream, you turn into this thing when you lose:

I think it might stray into the horror genre a bit.

27. Post #27
    July 2013
    1,804 Posts
    In I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream, you turn into this thing when you lose:

I think it might stray into the horror genre a bit.
    Dark Souls has a bunch of fucked up shit in it too but that doesn't make it a horror game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    March 2013
    3,482 Posts
    Dark Souls has a bunch of fucked up shit in it too but that doesn't make it a horror game.
    that's because dark souls isn't trying to actively scare you, save for a few moments.

29. Post #29
    July 2013
    1,804 Posts
    that's because dark souls isn't trying to actively scare you, save for a few moments.
    Well I mean neither does I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

30. Post #30
    March 2013
    3,482 Posts
    Well I mean neither does I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.
    how? it may not be doing it in the traditional sense, but that doesn't mean it's not a horror game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    the fuck is this?
    Dennab
    November 2009
    18,339 Posts
    let's settle this once and for all.

i have no mouth and must scream is psychological horror. dark souls is 2spooky4meme.

that's it, plain and simple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)