1. Post #1
    Metal Gear!
    July 2011
    5,109 Posts
    Here you post your wip ports and hacks that you're never gonna release

Edited:

and heres some shit by me thats never gonna be finished more than likely:

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 14 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,122 Posts
    I got the last post in the old one so I'll claim the first post in the new one, too.

Here's some stuff that will probably be released within the near future.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2012
    1,623 Posts
    Here you post your wip ports and hacks that you're never gonna release

Edited:

and heres some shit by me thats never gonna be finished more than likely:

Edited:

I was actually working on lost planet 2 characters at one point, but they got buried beneath all the other shit I want to do. Still planning on doing them eventually, although I cannot bring them to valve biped.

Where are the soldiers from?

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,519 Posts
    They're Delta Force from MW3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Safari Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2014
    1,783 Posts
    Oh wow, I missed that now it's possible to extract stuff from L.P 2

6. Post #6
    January 2012
    1,623 Posts
    It has been possible for a while. I tried to extract levels about this time last year:

Zaramot worked on the script, but it is not yet perfect. Textures must be assigned manually, and worst of all, some meshes come out broken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    July 2015
    201 Posts
    I don't think I'll put these up for workshop since the models are only view models with bits of the mesh missing on one of the AK's, but I still want to put it up. And since my porting mood has severly died down, I'ma just go ahead and upload this up for yall' to play around with. Don't reupload it to workshop without my permission please.

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!PQF0yKSa!l95YO_MNt...F71LgwEdqQ-19w

These include:
    SKS
    AKM-S
    AK-74
    AKS-74
    FAL
    M249 SAW
    M4A1

All these weapons have their own bodygroups with the exception of the M4A1 including Attachment Bodygroups.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2014
    25 Posts

something wrong
    btw
    working on as-val/ vss

9. Post #9
    July 2015
    201 Posts
    Good thing it's not on Workshop then, lol

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,122 Posts
    I updated my first post with some stuff.

And here's something else:

I'd put this into the "kind of shit" group of weapons I had to freshen up, but it's actually not that bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

11. Post #11
    January 2012
    1,623 Posts
    I updated my first post with some stuff.

And here's something else:

I'd put this into the "kind of shit" group of weapons I had to freshen up, but it's actually not that bad.
    Great that you kept the original green color, but I do not think the enfield xl64 had troy battlesights
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    12,426 Posts
    Can you please not quote the whole post when it's right above yours? It's making my browser much slower.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,122 Posts
    The original XL64 didn't have any sights besides the Susat. And the black furniture version is the only one that existed IRL, the green just makes it look a little closer to the SA80.

And please, stop quoting the post if it's directly above yours. It means people have to scroll past the same set of images twice in a row.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    January 2012
    1,623 Posts
    It's force of habit mate, hard to shake off.
    Colored furniture just looks better than black imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

15. Post #15
    Tbonia will grow larger!
    March 2010
    8,257 Posts
    It's a good habit to kick, then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    January 2012
    1,623 Posts
    Found out that Black Ops has an old Plumett AL-54 grappling hook.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,119 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

18. Post #18
    October 2012
    5,088 Posts
    More progress with Fall of Cybertron along with an announcement.

A Steam buddy and I are working on these models. I work on normal maps and sequence animations while he works on the colors on the other end. One idea he had was to make some of the playable characters like Starscream look a bit like their G1 selves.

Here is the result of that idea. It ain't perfect, but its all an experiment so far. No one else atm is planned to get G1-ified.

In comparison to:

Still no word on Transformers: Devastation yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    August 2015
    127 Posts
    Just out of curiousity has anyone managed to get their hands on any of the Subnautica models (mainly the creature models)? Not a request, just wondering.

20. Post #20
    October 2012
    5,088 Posts
    Thanks to psi, we now have skinggroups for Starscream to mimic the color scheme that of Skywarp and Thundercracker. No gif this time because...I dunno. These could mix will with their Devastation counterparts. This goes to Starscream's vehicle as well. To put things into perspective; we now have the entire Seeker squadron built into one model.

Teleportation not included.

21. Post #21
    October 2014
    25 Posts
    here is some progress on as val and vss

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    July 2015
    201 Posts
    Might want to smooth out the barrel a little, I notice those polygons sticking out. If you use Maya, try smoothing it through there.

23. Post #23
    January 2012
    1,623 Posts
    Actually the whole model seems to have that effect on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    November 2014
    710 Posts

still working on Dempsey/Polonsky/whatever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,122 Posts

Despite crippling toothache, I managed to finish this. Didn't turn out that bad, I feel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

26. Post #26
    January 2012
    1,623 Posts
    I feel you, had an horrible toochache few weeks back.
    And those are looking sexy. Although to be honest my standards are much lower than yours since I consider anything from 2007 onwards to be acceptable in gmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    October 2012
    5,088 Posts
    Preview for the Cybertron Decepticon Seekers a buddy and I are working on.

Soon to be released.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    September 2011
    776 Posts

still working on Dempsey/Polonsky/whatever
    I suggest you to use maps according to the characters for previews. (tf2 map on a realistic human doesnt fit well. Also to show better the material work with lights and stuff)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    July 2012
    3 Posts
    here is some progress on as val and vss

Mind if I ask what ragdolls are these?

30. Post #30
    October 2014
    173 Posts
    Its First Chechen War Russian Spetsnaz models

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,119 Posts

Soon to be released.
    you REALLY should start giving your models some damn smoothing groups.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    October 2012
    5,088 Posts
    you REALLY should start giving your models some damn smoothing groups.
    I've been smoothing the vertexes since day 1. Perhaps the poor lighting made them turn out like that?

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,122 Posts
    I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to smoothing, and I don't see anything wrong with those smoothing-wise.

The only thing I can see that could be interpreted as smoothing issues is the inner upper thigh area, but I suspect it's probably supposed to look like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    31,119 Posts
    I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to smoothing, and I don't see anything wrong with those smoothing-wise.
    then i don't want to question your perfectionism but:

this just doesn't look right.

Edited:

what do the model normal maps look like?

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,122 Posts
    I noticed all of those, but they looked more like fucked up normal maps to me.

Especially because the contours they follow don't exactly seem to look like vertices.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    October 2014
    173 Posts
    About FCW guys...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 16Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    November 2012
    1,159 Posts
    Given the general lack of compression artifacts on the normal shown chances are it is an error on part of Maddogsamurai not giving them enough hard edges.

On the topic of smoothing and normalmaps.

You must account for the normalmap when smoothing a model to begin with. If possible you need to have it exactly how it was smoothed in the original game.
    Basically how it would make sense to smooth a model =/= how you should smooth a model. The reason comes down to uv seams and projection but those aren't something you really have to deal with when porting.
    At least not often anyway.

Heavy gradients along what would otherwise be hard seams generally means leave them on the same smoothing group.
    This does mean though than when the smoothing is set proper your model will often looked sort of fucked up. That isn't an issue given the normalmap was authored explicitly to correct that after all.

As an example: How something looks like it should be smoothed versus how it really needs to be smoothed.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Waterfox Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    October 2012
    5,088 Posts
    For those concerned about my models, Here's what it looks like in the model viewer with the normal mapping on.

Here are the normal maps that I made by combining the alphas of the normX (placed in the red channel) and normY textures(placed in the green channel) and inverted the green channel.

Not like I can overhaul the whole thing right now; I only have the .smd's, the .QC's, and Source material files while my partner has the modified in-game files and textures atm and right now I got word that he's fixing bugs of his own.

39. Post #39
    July 2013
    2,647 Posts

A Hind-D?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40

November 2015
    52 Posts
    It looks awfully similar to Mi-28 of the Russian Federation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)