1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,446 Posts
    I said some time ago, that along with vintage synthesizers i also as sort of, small bonus, wanna do couple of modern ones:

And now back to the 80's, since i have to fix a lot of stuff on Ensoniq Mirage model, that i've worked on long time ago, and i have to finish SQ-80.

P.S.: I also must work on Ensoniq EPS because Bobby Prince used it, probably for Doom soundtrack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

2. Post #82
    February 2016
    305 Posts
    P.S.: I also must work on Ensoniq EPS because Bobby Prince used it, probably for Doom soundtrack.
    [/t]
    What about this soviet monster Mick Gordon used for Doom 2016?)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,446 Posts
    What about this soviet monster Mick Gordon used for Doom 2016?)
    You mean Polivoks?

Yeah, why not. Kinda interesting synth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    October 2012
    5,068 Posts
    Partner and I made some adjustments as heard through feedback and from a bit here. Hopefully v .2 is a bit better to many standards. Lazy Screamer pose is lazy because its a test screenshot to show off the model. New armaments to the model too for more variety.

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,120 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 19 (list)

6. Post #86
    August 2015
    462 Posts
    I love that sexy Makarov.

7. Post #87
    January 2012
    1,616 Posts

Been experimenting with vmt settings in millenias weapons. Unfortunately I could not yet replicate the metallic shine on the ks23m.

8. Post #88
    January 2013
    2,339 Posts
    looks p good to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Czech Republic Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    January 2012
    1,616 Posts
    The metal maybe, but note the plastic parts. That's what I am having a problem with.

10. Post #90
    October 2012
    5,068 Posts

Wheeljack is available now in the Steam Workshop. Comes with 1 weapon bodygroup and a glowing skingroup for his head that shows us that he's speaking much like Shockwave, and his vehicle mode. Animation sets coming soon.

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=777262721
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,931 Posts

wip but public model i ported from wow with workshop link

im also actively working on it so i guess ill post updates on progress

12. Post #92
    July 2013
    1,458 Posts

Would it be considered a port if these were models I made for a different engine, but am now porting them to source?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #93
    January 2012
    1,616 Posts
    I guess so.
    Been watching your models for a while on sketchfab, they look amazing. I was actually planning on porting some for personal use in gmod, but I see that will no longer be necessary.

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,931 Posts
    oh heck i bonered the model

now it has valvebiped rigging!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    July 2013
    1,458 Posts
    I guess so.
    Been watching your models for a while on sketchfab, they look amazing. I was actually planning on porting some for personal use in gmod, but I see that will no longer be necessary.
    It's probably better that I port them, I have the source textures / substance files and can configure the materials to work in source, and look correct
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    January 2012
    1,616 Posts
    It's always better for the original creator to port.
    The cars you showed before will also include emissive texturegroups right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    July 2015
    201 Posts
    I have some German Empire WW1 Models, all they are is just reskins of Half-Deads Red Orchestra 2 German Models. I don't want them and don't plan on uploading them to workshop so if anyone wants them, be my guest.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ucz3higgqs...mpire.rar?dl=0

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,231 Posts
    Taking a short break from redoing the work I did on the effect props packs before I lost some files, decided to look into working on this model from a game called Zula.
    After looking up some references on the actual rifle, I'm going to make a few key modifications to the model to make it a bit more accurate, as well as provide a few extra skins and model variations for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #99
    January 2012
    1,616 Posts
    Oh so you did get the Turkish assault rifle? That's amazing, can't wait for release.

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,231 Posts
    Oh so you did get the Turkish assault rifle? That's amazing, can't wait for release.
    Yeah, I managed to grab the model from the game files by following what Gazyi suggested in the MPT76 request thread for extracting it (using the script from over on Xentax and then using fragMotion to convert the model files). I can't say that I'm too keen on using the RDS that was included with the model, so I'll probably be replacing it with a few different options at some point. I also need to tweak a few things (which I sort of started, as can (possibly?) be seen in the image I posted) to fix a few inconsistencies with the references I found online, and then it should at least be ready for some minor testing.

If anyone has any suggestions for sights they'd like to see included as a bodygroup for the model, feel free to let me know. For now, I've mainly got a couple of scopes, an EOTech sight, and a few RDS models I've been working with for some of my other projects.

21. Post #101
    January 2012
    1,616 Posts
    Maybe an ACOG or an Elcan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,231 Posts
    Maybe an ACOG or an Elcan.
    I'll see about adding those to the list of bodygroups for the model when it's ready for testing.

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,347 Posts
    Apologies if I have to ask this, but has anyone able to figure out how to change the way a model is spawned in game without having the model lighting getting all screwed up?

In 3DS Max:
    Before:
    http://i.imgur.com/mDsH3ox.png

After:
    http://i.imgur.com/eLUTaG4.png

In HLMV:
    Before:
    http://i.imgur.com/K6yADhY.gif

After:
    http://i.imgur.com/MZ3QKjQ.gif

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,658 Posts
    Apologies if I have to ask this, but has anyone able to figure out how to change the way a model is spawned in game without having the model lighting getting all screwed up?

In 3DS Max:
    Before:
    http://i.imgur.com/mDsH3ox.png

After:
    http://i.imgur.com/eLUTaG4.png

In HLMV:
    Before:
    http://i.imgur.com/K6yADhY.gif

After:
    http://i.imgur.com/MZ3QKjQ.gif
    I think that's a smoothing issue when you rotate a model 180 without auto-smooth.

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,347 Posts
    I think that's a smoothing issue when you rotate a model 180 without auto-smooth.
    I have applied a smooth modifier and then set the auto-smooth threshold to the max. Then I rotated the model by 90 in the x-axis and centered the model. I ended up with the same result.

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,356 Posts
    If the lighting is fine in 3DS Max it's probably Wallworm exporting them incorrectly then.
    Try messing around with this settings

If nothing changes try adding an edit normals modifier and setting them all to explicit.

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,347 Posts
    If the lighting is fine in 3DS Max it's probably Wallworm exporting them incorrectly then.
    Try messing around with this settings

If nothing changes try adding an edit normals modifier and setting them all to explicit.
    Tested it to see if this works. Unfortunately, both options didn't worked. Exporting the model using Auto Normals or Face Render Normals results in the normals being blocky.

http://i.imgur.com/pEQo93j.png

Exporting the model with the Edit Normals modifier and setting all normals to explicit with any normal settings resulted in the model's lighting being messed up as before.

28. Post #108
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    5,138 Posts
    I can't really see anything in those gifs, but try welding all your verts, slap an edit normals modifier, select all normals, and hit "reset"

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,347 Posts
    I can't really see anything in those gifs, but try welding all your verts, slap an edit normals modifier, select all normals, and hit "reset"
    No dice. I got the same result.

If the gifs doesn't tell you much, here's some pictures depicting the problem. I am just trying to change the way the model is spawned, so it doesn't spawn sideways as seen in the first picture. Seems like every attempt I try to change the spawn position ends the normals/model lighting getting all screwy.

Before:
    http://i.imgur.com/Glk6gIf.png[

After:
    http://i.imgur.com/tBdzaqS.png

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,356 Posts
    I am just trying to change the way the model is spawned, so it doesn't spawn sideways as seen in the first picture.
    You could just stick $upaxis Y in the QC then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,347 Posts
    You could just stick $upaxis Y in the QC then.
    Oh. It worked! I didn't know you could have just do that. Guess I learn something new today. Thanks for the help!

32. Post #112
    January 2012
    1,616 Posts

Finished rebuilding the NcSTAR rds and AN\PEQ-2 1st person meshes from MW2. Now I will be able to add a little more choices to the rifles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,041 Posts
    Is there any game with good looking military uniform parts, like hats and such? I wanted to get some patrol caps and boonie hats, but I can't find any decent ones.

34. Post #114
    January 2012
    1,616 Posts
    Arma perhaps, if you hack the pieces out. BF4 might have some too.

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,231 Posts
    It's a bit of a stretch, but I think I remember seeing some relatively decent looking uniforms and patrol caps in Splinter Cell: Conviction and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure The Phantom Pain has some patrol caps available with some of the enemies you come across in Afghanistan that actually seem pretty decent. Not sure about boonie hats unfortunately, only one I can recall seeing was the one that Price wore in one of the CoD:MW games.

36. Post #116
    Metal Gear!
    July 2011
    5,101 Posts
    Is there any game with good looking military uniform parts, like hats and such? I wanted to get some patrol caps and boonie hats, but I can't find any decent ones.
    dayz has a pretty alright boonie hat in its files, if you want i could grab it for you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,041 Posts
    I could really use it, thanks.

38. Post #118
    Metal Gear!
    July 2011
    5,101 Posts
    I could really use it, thanks.
    here u go

https://mega.nz/#!dxgC1TCS!5ELIiDkdW...ZomjXJK5BLLSb0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,446 Posts
    As i said before, here's some Ensoniq keyboards with couple of other stuff that i've worked on recently:

PS: SD-1 and VFX SD are look completely similar, because SD-1/32 is just an updated version with 32 voice polyphony and couple of other modified things, nothing more.
    PPS: Something tells me that i should change displays textures a little bit... gotta look for similar font then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

40. Post #120
    November 2014
    710 Posts
    Taking a break from porting the WW2 CoD:Zombies gang to try and port over the Origins versions from the SFM workshop.
    why do i torture myself like this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)