1. Post #41
    August 2015
    426 Posts

A Hind-D?
    Isn't that the enemy gunship from the new Metal Gear Solid?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Portugal Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    September 2013
    560 Posts
    Enemy Gunship in The Phantom Pain, Friendly transport in Ground Zeroes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,830 Posts
    Here are the normal maps that I made by combining the alphas of the normX (placed in the red channel) and normY textures(placed in the green channel) and inverted the green channel.

i'm far from an expert but i feel you should flip the green channel back. it also looks like the normals are supposed to define the hard edges instead of smoothing groups.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,093 Posts

I've always liked this FAL and the FAMAS, but they don't hold up quite as well as I remember. I attempted to add a wood furniture skin for the FAL, but the UVs on the furniture are not great and it looked pretty awful.

I've only got two more guns left to polish off and I've saved the worst for last.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 17 (list)

5. Post #45
    January 2015
    392 Posts
    Would love that FAL, tbh the black ops guns look quite nice even by today's standards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #46
    January 2012
    1,514 Posts
    I might end up doing the FAL too for the wood furniture, liked too much how it looked in game.

7. Post #47
    July 2013
    2,643 Posts
    Enemy Gunship in The Phantom Pain, Friendly transport in Ground Zeroes
    Yes, this is specifically the HP48 from Ground Zeroes, but even then, GZ had both the Soviet and MSF versions.

8. Post #48
    January 2012
    1,514 Posts
    Okay, so I experimented with adding decal plates to the WoT models for the insignias and inscriptions, but I am having some problems.

Namely, when I move away from the model, the decal plate starts flickering. Anyone know what is causing this?

Here's what the plate looks like in-editor:

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    May 2013
    3,446 Posts
    Move the decal away from the hull a bit, like a couple millimeters. If two faces share the exact same position they'll usually start flipping out like that.

I've had that happen, it's definitely not pretty.

10. Post #50
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    12,400 Posts

still working on Dempsey/Polonsky/whatever
    Are you using Wraith to get the models? Whenever I compile anything Wraith exports, I end up with a mess like this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

11. Post #51
    September 2013
    560 Posts
    What the Samuel Helsinki is - or rather, was - that?

12. Post #52
    January 2012
    1,514 Posts
    Move the decal away from the hull a bit, like a couple millimeters. If two faces share the exact same position they'll usually start flipping out like that.

I've had that happen, it's definitely not pretty.
    It seems to have helped a little, however I noted this problem when I moved away:

13. Post #53
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    12,400 Posts
    What the Samuel Helsinki is - or rather, was - that?
    It's supposed to be Firebreak's Orbit skin.

14. Post #54
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    5,104 Posts
    Doing Stupid hacky things is fun. Got lightmaps on models working

Uses a single 2048 lightmap texture

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    January 2012
    1,514 Posts
    Does this mean we have conquered source engine's poor model lighting at last?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    November 2014
    702 Posts
    Are you using Wraith to get the models? Whenever I compile anything Wraith exports, I end up with a mess like this:

I think mine were already set up for Source. It's mostly fixing it up that I'm taking care of.
    also holy jesus what happened to firebreak

17. Post #57
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    12,400 Posts
    I think mine were already set up for Source. It's mostly fixing it up that I'm taking care of.
    I have no damn clue. I exported his model in XNALara's format, imported it into 3DS Max, exported it as SMD, renamed a few bones, compiled, and this is what I got.

18. Post #58
    October 2015
    1,006 Posts
    the question is: ... how did you do that? can we expect a tutorial soon..ish? that be cool. if i'd guess... it's... 'something'... i don't wanna guess.

19. Post #59
    November 2014
    462 Posts

-snip-

Uses a single 2048 lightmap texture

-snip-
    Does it affect other models placed on it, or does it only affect the model the lightmap is on?

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,438 Posts
    Obviously it only affects the model that has the map, you would need custom code to actually have it change lighting on other models that interact with it.

TF2 supports it I think, and generates the lightmaps at map compile but your models have to be authored in a very specific way (cannot have overlapping UVs)

21. Post #61
    "Sounds like something Stiffy would say."
    May 2011
    5,104 Posts
    the question is: ... how did you do that? can we expect a tutorial soon..ish? that be cool. if i'd guess... it's... 'something'... i don't wanna guess.
    It's not *too* hard just requires some work. I'll make a tutorial

Does it affect other models placed on it, or does it only affect the model the lightmap is on?
    technically it could, but it doesn't as the lightmap is 1:1 to the mesh. If you mean ambient lighting, that'd require syncing up some blocking geometry with the mesh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

22. Post #62
    October 2014
    22 Posts

bonemergable optics
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    January 2016
    54 Posts
    Some Cold Fear rippings I was working on, I really ripped most of the 3d models of the game but only these 3 pictures eat half page so I won't put more.

24. Post #64

January 2015
    100 Posts
    Sometimes Wraith don't want to work like it should. Especially if you're exporting it to .mesh.ascii file (XNALara's format). Try to export it to maya file and port it from there. You can also try to connect head to body in Blender or any editor that you're using.

Here are some pics of my models (used in SFM or L4D2): http://imgur.com/a/urdFp

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,436 Posts
    More instruments. Now there's really not much popular keyboardish stuff left (probably i'll later do couple of Ensoniq keyboards, couple of modern ones... or someone will request something, dunno). There's mostly some rackmount synths and drum-machines left.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Firefox Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

26. Post #66
    January 2015
    20 Posts
    I'm a few years late, but does anyone have BO2 Seals textures without any camo? Or an easier and headache-less way to do switch one camo to another using Photoshop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Lithuania Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

27. Post #67
    December 2012
    368 Posts
    Sometimes, I feel the thread title is not big enough. "NEVER GONNA BE A REQUEST THREAD "
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Metal Gear!
    July 2011
    5,056 Posts
    I'm a few years late, but does anyone have BO2 Seals textures without any camo? Or an easier and headache-less way to do switch one camo to another using Photoshop.
    crosby?

29. Post #69
    January 2015
    20 Posts
    Yeah, Crosby.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Steam Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    October 2012
    4,921 Posts
    After much trial and error, the full Seeker squadron is complete along with fixing any sort of bugs or errors!

Image provided by a friend; Image was part of the beta phase, but the blue arms on Skywarp and Thundercracker are all fixed with their respective colors. Sadly the G1 scheme had to be cut due to material limitations and the conflicts it created with other skins.

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=770263062
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,830 Posts
    normals still look fucked; i offered help on this earlier:
    i'm far from an expert but i feel you should flip the green channel back. it also looks like the normals are supposed to define the hard edges instead of smoothing groups.
    im sorry if im rude about this and im no master artist myself, but ignorance about basic things like this pisses me off. i would never release anything so unfinished.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #72
    November 2014
    702 Posts

"STAY AWAY FROM MY VODKA"
    Progress is pretty much the same as Dempsey (rigged to the L4D2 bones, fingerposed). If anyone could help with the face and eyes, that'd be swell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    nanomachines
    August 2013
    12,457 Posts
    Is there a classic Richtofen model? Or is it still cutscenes only.

34. Post #74
    November 2014
    702 Posts
    Is there a classic Richtofen model? Or is it still cutscenes only.
    Still cutscenes only, I'm afraid. His hat isn't, though.

35. Post #75
    October 2012
    4,921 Posts
    normals still look fucked; i offered help on this earlier:
    im sorry if im rude about this and im no master artist myself, but ignorance about basic things like this pisses me off. i would never release anything so unfinished.
    I am aware of this. What I'm gonna do since I got a log of college work to do is update the workshop item when there's an open opportunity and try out some of these fixes you mentioned ala a game update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    August 2013
    676 Posts
    Anyone have any experience ripping/porting from Witcher 3? Most of what I've seen is random bits of conversation and XNALara ports, which aren't what I'm interested in.
    Edit: Nevermind, unless someone can drop the textures and meshes of the crones.

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,028 Posts
    -ffff snip-

38. Post #78
    June 2015
    1,340 Posts
    I decided to go ahead and start working on porting BeamNG's ETK 800 this evening

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

39. Post #79
    November 2014
    214 Posts
    Made a success by porting the Bandit from STALKER to Gmod.
    (There is still lotta work to do, especially the rigging)

40. Post #80
    June 2015
    1,340 Posts
    I decided to go ahead and start working on porting BeamNG's ETK 800 this evening

I'll try getting a preview release (of just this one car port) done as soon as possible, but that'll be tomorrow since I should've been asleep by now

edit:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)