1. Post #521
    July 2015
    208 Posts
    Unfortunatly I won't be able to put these up since War of Rights is currently in Development Alpha. I maybe able to get away with giving them to others through PM, but I just can't risk it. I paid $75 for the alpha after all and wouldn't like to get perma ban this early, lol.

Verdun Tank Gewher
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #522
    July 2015
    208 Posts
    MG15-NA

MP18 Maschine Pistol

Webley and Lewis Gun New Texture Preview

Edited:

If these images are too big, I apologies and I can lower the resolution if needed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #523
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,024 Posts
    You don't need to lower the resolution, you should just use [t][ /t] instead of [img][/img]. It will turn your images into thumbnails until clicked on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #524
    July 2015
    208 Posts
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Close up on Springfield

Springfield, US 1918 Chauchat, and a whole bunch of other small goodies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #525
    July 2015
    208 Posts
    A sneak peak of the upcoming release of the new Verdun Redubbed Pack which will include the rest of the weapons, grenades, and melee weapons from Verdun with their original shaders, textures, and features. All the guns from my previous pack have new textures and all have been re-worked.

Springfield - Artillery Luger - MG08/15

6. Post #526
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,897 Posts
    There seems to be some odd smoothing on the barrel. You can see this in a lot of the pictures you've posted.

7. Post #527
    July 2015
    208 Posts
    That would have to be because of the lighting I believe where you question the smoothing, I position one regular lamp rather than a soft lamp over. I'm only trying to give a solution cause I left everything as it is without altering it, and you can see the smoothing detail on the Wex Flamethrower here.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #528
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,897 Posts
    That would have to be because of the lighting I believe where you question the smoothing, I position one regular lamp rather than a soft lamp over.

A soft light isn't going to cause those odd looking highlights on the sight

9. Post #529
    July 2015
    1,042 Posts
    I can barely tell anyway because the images are too damn dark.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

10. Post #530
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,028 Posts
    That would have to be because of the lighting I believe where you question the smoothing, I position one regular lamp rather than a soft lamp over.
    nu-huh, the smoothing is fucked. just look at the barrel and other metal parts of the SMG you posted, that isn't how proper hard surfaces look:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #531
    January 2012
    1,805 Posts
    Blender does have problems with smd smoothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

12. Post #532
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,028 Posts
    does it break them right away or after doing something? Milkshape does that too, but only after you move a part, and it can be circumvented temporarily by assigning everything to smoothing group 32.

13. Post #533
    January 2012
    1,805 Posts
    From what I know it breaks on import.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #534
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,028 Posts
    that sucks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #535
    July 2015
    208 Posts
    I can barely tell anyway because the images are too damn dark.
    Yeah I hadn't put the images through Photoshop yet when uploading them, was late that night.

16. Post #536
    I love doge and other memes, please post them on my profile!!!
    June 2012
    7,919 Posts
    the torpedo from deathwing
    gotta fix the weird shine on the checkered spots

to big for stage_big
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

17. Post #537
    May 2016
    61 Posts
    I tried this and it preserved the smoothing, somehow.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Indonesia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #538
    July 2015
    1,042 Posts
    You have to select the option to preserve them when you import a .smd, .dmx, or .qc. If you don't, it makes everything entirely smooth.

19. Post #539
    January 2012
    1,805 Posts
    Mind you, I only use blender for moving files around, so I did not knew of this yet, seeing as 3ds does not affect smoothing.

20. Post #540
    January 2009
    1,678 Posts
    I tried this and it preserved the smoothing, somehow.

Unfortunately, doing that causes the edges of each of the triangles to appear while animating

Plus, as that option's description says, it makes the model harder to edit, by which it means that you can only select the mesh one triangle at a time, you can't use CTRL and + to select connected triangles, which is much less convenient

21. Post #541
    October 2015
    1,143 Posts
    gosh. if you enable preservation the importer enables autosmooth. you know where that option is!?! the whole export and import of normals seems broken anyway. if you export a fully merged and smoothed mesh with one unique normal per vertex it still splits it into random normals after re-import. that's impossible if every polygon uses that same exported unique normal for that vertex. so... yeah. the import is definetely broken. export spews out good results tho.

22. Post #542
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,930 Posts
    It's no secret that the import script for the smd tools needs fixing for smd vta imports, dmx seems to import just fine though

23. Post #543
    October 2014
    211 Posts
    Ryse models
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 24 (list)

24. Post #544
    March 2012
    118 Posts

I just spent about three days fixing the face-weighted vertex normals for this body's edges, since Assetto Corsa's original model doesn't feature properly done edge smoothing. it'll be worth it, though, even if it's really boring work.

(higher-res renders)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #545
    June 2013
    936 Posts
    General Darian From Rise of the Triad    (It is going to be very fun on find out, how maintain the fingerposing of the left arm)   

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Venezuela Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #546
    January 2012
    50 Posts
    Throwing my hat in the ring, I was doing some modeling work from Warframe models (anyone whose ever tried would know that is insanely tough). I exported the Frost Deluxe skin and altered the texture to my liking:

Here is the model in game:

Here is the exported model:

Imho the texturing work is pretty bad but for modifying the texture by hand I think it turned out great, for the record this is what the texture looked like before I modified it:

After the modifications it looked like this:

What do you guys think? Did I do a good job or did I fail spectacularly?

27. Post #547
    January 2012
    1,805 Posts
    I will not comment on the quality since I do not know how difficult editing textures from this game is, but, if you release it, could you include the default color scheme? Black and gold is really tacky.

28. Post #548
    January 2015
    21 Posts
    I'm porting some COD:BO3 models mainly for making weapons,also the original animations are included :D
    Be advised,the key point is not the girl,I repeat,NOT THE GIRL!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome China Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #549
    January 2015
    114 Posts
    I'm porting some COD:BO3 models mainly for making weapons,also the original animations are included :D
    Be advised,the key point is not the girl,I repeat,NOT THE GIRL!

Which textures you used to make $basetexture? Models looks really good, but they have more scratches than in-game version. Also there is a little glitch on XR-2 - both, folded and unfolded sights are there:

Also, here is my Man-O-War:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Poland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #550
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,131 Posts
    I will not comment on the quality since I do not know how difficult editing textures from this game is, but, if you release it, could you include the default color scheme? Black and gold is really tacky.
    Without the deluxe skin they are using, Frost Prime's default colors are actually black and gold. With the skin, it's silver and a purplish-blue color scheme.

31. Post #551
    January 2012
    1,805 Posts
    I know. I play warframe a lot. By default color scheme I was talking about the skin, it's clearly the one he's using.
    Then again I painted my frost prime white because I could not stand the default black color so I guess I am disqualified of commenting on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #552
    January 2012
    50 Posts
    I made this skin mostly for personal use, hence the reference image above.

33. Post #553
    January 2015
    21 Posts
    Which textures you used to make $basetexture? Models looks really good, but they have more scratches than in-game version. Also there is a little glitch on XR-2 - both, folded and unfolded sights are there:

Also, here is my Man-O-War:
    I just blended the base texture that extracted from the game with spec texture,AO texture and gloss texture.

34. Post #554
    January 2015
    114 Posts
    I just blended the base texture that extracted from the game with spec texture,AO texture and gloss texture.
    Try to use only textures "_c" and "_s" (and "_e" if it's appear) for basetexture. It will make them look more like original versions. "_g" can be used as phong texture (sometimes after few changes), but I'm not sure. I don't need to say how to use "_n" and "_o" :)

There is also texture "_r", but it's useless if you don't want to put camo on weapon.

More stuff:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Phone Internet Explorer 11 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #555
    June 2012
    1,112 Posts
    Ryse models
    Those are incredible, will we see a release?

36. Post #556
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,090 Posts
    So I bought Quixel Suite 2 and holy shit it's fun.

I reskinned those Red Orchestra 2 vehicles with a desert theme, "for a mod" I sometimes think about doing when I'm at the john.

Here's some pics.

Don't know if it belongs to this thread, but still.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #557
    March 2012
    118 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #558
    January 2015
    114 Posts
    Civilian VTOL from Black Ops 2 (WIP):

I'm need to fix some bones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

39. Post #559
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,090 Posts
    So I'm doing the Universal Carrier now.

I think I'm gonna run out of vehicles on which I could practice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

40. Post #560
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,033 Posts
    i dont remember if theres a question thread for modelling so ill just post here

I'm planning on porting a WoW model with a lot of bodygroups. If I map the same texture to various bodygroups, and then change that texture via material override, will it replace the texture on all the corresponding bodygroups, or would I have to do it for every bodygroup individually?