1. Post #401
    November 2012
    1,118 Posts
    Oh man this baked perfectly. Can't even see the hard edges.

that looks awesome. alil to straight metal reflection tho. expecially in the hinge sections and the foot room. you thought about baking an ambient occlusion map? you could use it for both diffuse $detail and $envmapmask. you could also bake a static highres envmap/lightprobe in the center to reflect the interior on the interior. glass is nasty tho. or you gotta bake twice. that may look cool. it might look aweful when the doors are open tho.

i could have a look at the suspension. i just had a car model on my drive. i'd just need a file that works in blender.
    Episoder how many times are you going to ban evade before you figure out it's a bad idea?
    Is it really so hard to wait a week?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Waterfox Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #402
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,754 Posts
    WIP John Wick

Working on a model of ol' cool breeze as I've always hated the PD2 model's "likeness".
    How's it lookin'?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 18 (list)

3. Post #403
    March 2012
    974 Posts
    one thing is that I've had TheDanishMaster look at my suspension problem, and he wasn't able to help me with it. when somebody like TDM doesn't know how to fix it, it's probably a really strange issue.

edit:

4. Post #404
    I love doge and other memes, please post them on my profile!!!
    June 2012
    10,367 Posts
    Is there a FACS tutorial available?

Edited:

also early wip of something im doing, i found kanye
    I hate MOHWF heads because i gotta manually unfuck them up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

5. Post #405
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,806 Posts
    oh look it's Postal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

6. Post #406
    October 2012
    4,896 Posts
    WIP John Wick

Working on a model of ol' cool breeze as I've always hated the PD2 model's "likeness".
    How's it lookin'?
    Woah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #407
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,725 Posts
    Writing my own file converter is going... poorly.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #408
    June 2012
    10,367 Posts
    MOHWF somali birates
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #409

January 2015
    99 Posts
    Banshii and Rift E9.

New face for Edward Richtofen:

I will also try to do Dingo and Kuda soon + Death Mariach from CoD:Ghosts (If somebody will provide correct files, because I don't have access to DLCs).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Phone Internet Explorer 11 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

10. Post #410
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,621 Posts
    Has anyone successfully ripped from the Sims 3 lately? I can't get any of the rippers to work due to the launcher.

11. Post #411
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,725 Posts
    Is there a way to convert from UV coordinates to UVW?

It seems all the coordinates in the game I'm making a file converter for are UVW.

12. Post #412
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,992 Posts
    Has anyone successfully ripped from the Sims 3 lately? I can't get any of the rippers to work due to the launcher.
    I've used at least one modding tool that let me export .obj files and textures directly. I think it was TSR Workshop or something like that? You'll have to forgive my patchy memory, it's been a while and Sims 4 modding tools are a bit more capable in this regard by letting me export in a form that preserves bones and rigging.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #413
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,621 Posts
    I've used at least one modding tool that let me export .obj files and textures directly. I think it was TSR Workshop or something like that? You'll have to forgive my patchy memory, it's been a while and Sims 4 modding tools are a bit more capable in this regard by letting me export in a form that preserves bones and rigging.
    Looking to export a character's face and hair which I'm not sure that particular programme accepts.

14. Post #414
    September 2008
    805 Posts
    one thing is that I've had TheDanishMaster look at my suspension problem, and he wasn't able to help me with it. when somebody like TDM doesn't know how to fix it, it's probably a really strange issue.

edit:

whats wrong with it

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,486 Posts
    MOHWF somali birates
    Second guy from the bottom row's neck is clipping through the shirt.

16. Post #416
    June 2012
    10,367 Posts
    Yeah theres supposed to be a headwrap head for that specific body but didnt add it yet until i made each body its own model(varients clip through eachother)
    still fixable though

17. Post #417
    March 2012
    974 Posts
    whats wrong with it
    bones are just messed up, somehow (video)
    Stiffy360 took a look at it and they fixed it by just generating $definebone lines to force all the bones to work I guess, so I don't need help any more

Edited:

also I might as well say that that Ferrari is pretty much finished. I'll just need to finish off materials and get LODs working, and then get handling scripts made, and after that it's done

18. Post #418
    January 2014
    146 Posts
    I'm little tired with the models of R6S, so I will do this as rest.

Is the Adjutant or "Advisor" of Terran from "Starcraft II", and by the moment, I don't know how this will work in gmod.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #419
    June 2012
    10,367 Posts
    the boys are back in town
    might tone down env or remove it

i swear tribes stuff looks like its influenced or related to Warhammer

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13Zing Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #420
    January 2012
    1,508 Posts
    Lovely work man.

21. Post #421

January 2015
    99 Posts

6 skins included (5 original + 1 custom).

And I still can't find anyone who have DLC nr 3 for CoD:Ghosts (because only there I can find Death Mariachi). xd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Phone Internet Explorer 11 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #422
    October 2012
    4,896 Posts
    the boys are back in town
    might tone down env or remove it

i swear tribes stuff looks like its influenced or related to Warhammer
    -rad dudes in power armor-
    I never played Tribes, but I started jumping Gmod hoops to get them in SFM ever since Squiddy did those Star Wars tribute posters. They were rad as fuck.

23. Post #423
    June 2012
    10,367 Posts
    It's pretty fun to make updated versions of these.
    the colored speculars look awesome on the Diamond Swords

Diamond Sword are all done, just wanting to port some weapons before making some previews with them, I'm also looking for testers for these.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    30,806 Posts
    how do you do the colored specular effect? tinted exponent map?

25. Post #425
    June 2012
    10,367 Posts
    I think blueflytrap posted here before how to do it but, If he didnt i will most likely make a tutorial (I think it would be better to explain it that way) also no tinted exp map

And its SFM only i think

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php...1#post50346437
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #426
    November 2012
    1,118 Posts
    And its SFM only i think
    Nah it works in all source games but cs:go. You're thinking of my prefered method of cubemap tinting which is sfm only.

Although you can still do it in garrysmod; just takes up a shitton of memory so it isn't worth it.
    On that note; who's fault is it $basealphaenvmapmask no longer operates on the garrysmod branch?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Waterfox Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #427
    January 2014
    146 Posts
    Testing FACS in Adjutast/Terran Advisor.

28. Post #428
    Source Engine Optometrist!
    June 2010
    2,392 Posts
    Has anyone seen the character shader before?
    I've been away from the whole model porting thingo for a while so yeah

The latest CSGO update added new models for the SAS

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #429
    October 2014
    158 Posts
    Desert Brits

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 12Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

30. Post #430
    Metal Gear!
    July 2011
    5,053 Posts
    you should give them regular trousers as an option too, the sas could choose whether they wanted to wear shorts or trousers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #431
    October 2014
    158 Posts
    Yeah, i'll try.

32. Post #432

January 2015
    99 Posts

Imran Zakhaev with all 5 skins. Left arm included.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #433
    June 2012
    10,367 Posts
    finally did posters/previews today

if you wanna test pm pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

34. Post #434
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    12,397 Posts
    Imran Zakhaev with all 5 skins. Left arm included.
    While it's great you're porting stuff, could you please not upload massive PNG images? It's heavy on the net and the size of them is larger than my monitor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #435
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    7,700 Posts
    While it's great you're porting stuff, could you please not upload massive PNG images? It's heavy on the net and the size of them is larger than my monitor.
    Indeed, [t][/t] is everyone's friend.

Honestly, I feel that Garry should silently replace the standard [img][/img] tags with the [t][/t] tags. There's really no reason for the former, when the latter has all the same functionality but with the addition of actually resizing the images to not be fuck-damn huge.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

36. Post #436

January 2015
    99 Posts
    Ok. Next time I'll upload smaller images to imgur. Or I can always just put links instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Phone Internet Explorer 11 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #437
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,028 Posts

Oversized render here
    I'm trying to get an approximation of the cartoon shader Pokemon uses with battle models (One that'll work nicely without outlines at least):

Any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #438
    Gold Member
    October 2013
    92 Posts
    Never got around to rigging the fingers.

39. Post #439

January 2015
    99 Posts
    New images (with lower resolution):

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

40. Post #440
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    7,700 Posts
    New images (with lower resolution):

- Images -
    What is that sexy beast in the first picture from?

I'm not a big fan of the materials as you have them right now (he's pretty flat), but I am absolutely loving the design of him. Absolutely nefarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)