1. Post #3921
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,600 Posts
    It was kinda funny seeing silly references to it a month or two ago, but the well has run dry.
    two months ago it was still dead

Edited:

I saw a guy do 80k damage in a comp match as Reaper the other day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

2. Post #3922
    Some kind of Coding Wizard
    August 2009
    7,897 Posts
    The Harambe meme at this point is just an experiment in how long it takes people to realize a joke is long dead.
    Deader than Harambe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Useful x 1Dumb x 1Late x 1Artistic x 1Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3923
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,600 Posts
    Was there ever any mention of the Heroes of the Storm Zarya skin, and did I miss that conversation? I just checked it out and:

It's pretty awesome. I'm assuming the chances are pretty high that it'll come to Overwatch one day?

Edit: okay fixed the image. Internetting is hard
    I actually like how overly massive her gun is with this skin (unless it's always that big and I've just never noticed). It should be retarded big, considering that it was supposedly    ripped off of a tank   

Edited:

God dammit Altimor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events

4. Post #3924
    PERKELE
    May 2009
    6,230 Posts
    pretty sure a halloween event is going to start around the 18th
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Finland Show Events

5. Post #3925
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    11,206 Posts
    The 11th will fit the time frame that the summer games had. 3 weeks. The Halloween event will end the day after Halloween if this is the case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

6. Post #3926
    Gold Member

February 2005
    3,396 Posts
    I still cant get more then 2 people with McCree's ulti ;__;
    The second they hear High Noon they stop fighting JUST to avoid me.
    Mcrees ult is either combo with something else, or literally just take the 1-2 kills as soon as they lock in. It's just too bad that his ult seems to be the worst coded thing in the game right now in that it will regularly screw up hard and not award you kills on fully locked on people.

Prime example: Yesterday I fully locked on 2 supports standing completely in the open with no cover and fired - On my client my gun shot at both players, I got a hit sound for one of the shots but I died a split second later and wasn't awarded any kills or damage for it.

It's as if everything else takes precedence over the ult, so if you die at a critical point it disregards what your client did in favor of being killed most of the time, which happens surprisingly often considering it usually comes down to the wire. A lot of the time in split second plays, what is shown on your client just doesn't match up to what happens on the server, probably why quite a few times I have somehow managed to mcree ult people through a reinhart shield despite on my screen it being fully deployed, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #3927
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    25,211 Posts
    It's as if everything else takes precedence over the ult, so if you die at a critical point it disregards what your client did in favor of being killed most of the time, which happens surprisingly often considering it usually comes down to the wire.
    This is literally every attack in every multiplayer game, Blizzard even showed an example using plastic cups in a recent video on latency. What you see yourself doing is your client, then there's what the server sees, and what the server sends you and everyone else. You may have shot on your client, but the server already received your death, so your damage from that shot is disregarded. What you see on the killcam is then the server's view of the fight (being killed before you shot).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #3928
    Gold Member

February 2005
    3,396 Posts
    There are exceptions added for a lot of ability interactions in the game to try and reduce insances of being killed unfairly from your perception.

In my example I wasnt referring to killcam which I know doesnt represent your client state at the time.

In those kinds of situations the server makes a decision on whose actions should be honored/discarded, and mcrees ult is incredibly unsatisfying to use because the server seems to be very lenient in discarding your actions when dying while using it, combined with the fact that everyone focused you when you use it so it very regularly comes down to miliseconds, and its very frustrating to see yourself shooting but often seeing no result when you did everything 'right' but the game decides not to give you it.

Even using it without dying theres a huge delay between shooting people and them actually dying which still makes it feel janky as hell to use at best of times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3929
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    12,971 Posts
    McCree is hitscan, if you don't want any server delays in his ult, then I have bad news for you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events

10. Post #3930
    Gold Member

February 2005
    3,396 Posts
    Part of it comes down to how the delay is handled, like I said there are a lot of custom exceptions in OW where people in certain situations are awarded shooters advantage or have damage forgiven because it is more fair than how it would play out normally. It works well a lot of the time but Mcrees ult seems to be punished very harshly in this regard, which comes back to the point of it being unsatisfying to use because half the time it wont give you kills that from your perspective you did everything correct to get, down to the point of seeing the shot hit and hearing feedback that it hit but it still not being counted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #3931
    Some kind of Coding Wizard
    August 2009
    7,897 Posts
    Prime example: Yesterday I fully locked on 2 supports standing completely in the open with no cover and fired - On my client my gun shot at both players, I got a hit sound for one of the shots but I died a split second later and wasn't awarded any kills or damage for it.

It's as if everything else takes precedence over the ult, so if you die at a critical point it disregards what your client did in favor of being killed most of the time, which happens surprisingly often considering it usually comes down to the wire. A lot of the time in split second plays, what is shown on your client just doesn't match up to what happens on the server, probably why quite a few times I have somehow managed to mcree ult people through a reinhart shield despite on my screen it being fully deployed, too.
    This is working exactly as intended. The server doesn't know or care what you see, it runs its own simulation using your inputs separately and your client makes an educated guess at what's going to happen. The alternative would be being able to activate deadeye after you died.

Part of it comes down to how the delay is handled, like I said there are a lot of custom exceptions in OW where people in certain situations are awarded shooters advantage or have damage forgiven because it is more fair than how it would play out normally. It works well a lot of the time but Mcrees ult seems to be punished very harshly in this regard, which comes back to the point of it being unsatisfying to use because half the time it wont give you kills that from your perspective you did everything correct to get, down to the point of seeing the shot hit and hearing feedback that it hit but it still not being counted.
    Everything in the game works like that, it's just that the server rewinds other players during hit registration to match what you saw when you fired so you don't have to lead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

12. Post #3932
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    25,211 Posts
    In those kinds of situations the server makes a decision on whose actions should be honored/discarded, and mcrees ult is incredibly unsatisfying to use because the server seems to be very lenient in discarding your actions when dying while using it.
    What you're asking for is giving McCree the ability to kill people after he's dead. A McCree would Ult, someone would kill McCree, and then McCree kills them from beyond the grave. This would be incredibly frustrating with no way to really predict or avoid it. Junkrat is the closest one to legitimately attacking after death due to his Grenades activating, but this is 100% predictable and avoidable. Heros with projectiles can kill after death too but only if they've shot before dying and hit after dying, in this case a hitscan weapon would have just killed the enemy outright and prevented their death.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #3933
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    2,768 Posts
    i always call him Goofy Gorilla as a call out during matches with friends and when he ults I say he's gone "full goofy mode"
    There's something inherently comical about a gorilla with a jetpack and a gun, you really can't pick him without making some kind of joke in chat

Edited:

I personally prefer to spam his "No monkey business!" voice line before the match starts and then announce "it's time for monkey business," when my ult is ready

14. Post #3934
    December 2010
    1,735 Posts
    What you're asking for is giving McCree the ability to kill people after he's dead. A McCree would Ult, someone would kill McCree, and then McCree kills them from beyond the grave. This would be incredibly frustrating with no way to really predict or avoid it. Junkrat is the closest one to legitimately attacking after death due to his Grenades activating, but this is 100% predictable and avoidable. Heros with projectiles can kill after death too but only if they've shot before dying and hit after dying, in this case a hitscan weapon would have just killed the enemy outright and prevented their death.
    That kind of happens already, with the "I shot somebody, it made the sound + hit marker, but it didn't count and I died" that seems to happen at the worst times. Or the "I activated recall but it didnt happen on the server end" stuff.

Honestly there's not much you can do to solve this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Steam United States Show Events

15. Post #3935
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11Winner Winner x 4 (list)

16. Post #3936
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    16,577 Posts
    Man, if that guy didn't have a babyface that'd be super legit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #3937
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    19,986 Posts
    Guys, how do you tell a friend that when they play Bastion, they only hurt themselves and the ones they love?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

18. Post #3938
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,653 Posts
    I don't know, I think McCree's ult is fine.

Its the ability to get decently fast single picks, not every ultimate needs to be team wipe tier, infact most of them aren't.

But if you want to play a hero with an easy team wipe ultimate, thats what Reinhardt is for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #3939
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,981 Posts
    Most of them aren't able to wipe teams, but what about the ones that will literally destroy a defense or an offensive push? There's so many of those.

Mei freezes everyone in a huge radius (2-3 picks ends a fight pretty much), Zarya brings everyone in a 10m radius together and the only ult that can counter this is Zen mostly, Reinhardt makes everyone unable to do jack shit, Reaper's dropping on top of you ults can stop entire pushes solo (especially if Ana ult'd), D.Va ult if you catch the enemies off guard will open an offensive push, Ana's ult turns heroes into monsters, Genji's ult can get off 6-8 slashes which is 2-3 kills alone, Mercy's ult will revive the whole team with full HP...there's even more.

McCree's (and Pharah's) ult(s) is/are the most underwhelming ult(s) in the game easily, if you don't catch someone super off guard then you're about as useful as a noodle, and also dead because you move like a slug. As soon as you hear "It's-" you just run for the hills, you need an open map like Eichenwalde to make it work, as for Pharah she's immobile and rains rockets on people, a sleep dart, flashbang, D.Va DM, Reinhardt shield, or Mercy res can completely nullify the ult.

EDIT: Apparently McCree's ult is much better in a coordinated scenario though, according to Altimor. I only play solo/duo so I can only speak on my experience from that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3940
    PERKELE
    May 2009
    6,230 Posts
    I use mccree ult to finish off the guy with 50hp that I shot and to reload my gun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Phone Edge Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #3941
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,981 Posts
    I use mccree ult to finish off the guy with 50hp that I shot and to reload my gun
    That's all it's good for unless you have a coordinated team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3942
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    7,284 Posts
    I find that whenever I use mcrees ult and I jump from a high spot or around a corner I always get multiple kills

im guessing i look so cool that everyones just stunned at how amazing i am
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events

23. Post #3943
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,653 Posts
    Most of them aren't able to wipe teams, but what about the ones that will literally destroy a defense or an offensive push? There's so many of those.

Mei freezes everyone in a huge radius (2-3 picks ends a fight pretty much), Zarya brings everyone in a 10m radius together and the only ult that can counter this is Zen mostly, Reinhardt makes everyone unable to do jack shit, Reaper's dropping on top of you ults can stop entire pushes solo (especially if Ana ult'd), D.Va ult if you catch the enemies off guard will open an offensive push, Ana's ult turns heroes into monsters, Genji's ult can get off 6-8 slashes which is 2-3 kills alone, Mercy's ult will revive the whole team with full HP...there's even more.

McCree's (and Pharah's) ult(s) is/are the most underwhelming ult(s) in the game easily, if you don't catch someone super off guard then you're about as useful as a noodle, and also dead because you move like a slug. As soon as you hear "It's-" you just run for the hills, you need an open map like Eichenwalde to make it work, as for Pharah she's immobile and rains rockets on people, a sleep dart, flashbang, D.Va DM, Reinhardt shield, or Mercy res can completely nullify the ult.

EDIT: Apparently McCree's ult is much better in a coordinated scenario though, according to Altimor. I only play solo/duo so I can only speak on my experience from that.
    I really disagree here.

McCree can get very fast picks with his ultimate, clearly not as amazing as a Free Team kill by Reinhardt, but its way better than some of the others

If you want to talk underwhelming ultimate's

suggest you re-examine:

Winston's Primal rage: Double the size of your hitbox and double your health, for the cost of signficiantly weaker single target dps for 6 seconds.
    Not even being juggled in a corner from this is threatening, considering you can practically get a free ultimate off that big squishy body of his.
    This is just a flashy way to get environmental kills, and nothing else. You can say it can cause chaos, but I don't see how,
    it literally turns you into a defenseless ult feeding buffet for the enemy team.
    This ult is so crappy I ususally end up using it for rollouts and pray its gone by the time I hit objectives.

Junkrat's Rip tire: So easy to shoot down it might as well not exist,
    but blizzard thinks it'll be good if he pulls it out half a second faster. I mean it wont be, but whatever. Then of course, if you want to talk about defenseless during an ult, you're not going to beat out junkrat here.

Symmetra's Teleport: On paper it sounds great, in practice its total shit. There is nothing that can hold down a specific area in existence in this game.
    You place it, the enemy on the absolute other side of the map gets ESP of its location, and OW maps are so linear its really easy to find.
    Its also pretty much useless when you're not on 2cp defense first point.
    In an actual fight its almost like a 5v6.
    Because everyone with a projectile is a sniper in overwatch, good luck actually defending the damn thing.
    If you want to get any serious use out of it you need a 6 way mic set up and have someone ask you to place it,
    because it'll be dead within 5-10 seconds thanks to how easily characters like genji or tracer and just go everywhere.
    Doesn't even matter if you dedicate all 6 sentries to protect this thing, infinite range projectiles beat out some 1hp small range turrets.
    Only way I can ever see this thing being seriously useful is that if they make sentries an actual threat to flankers, instead of the laughible liability that they are, this includes Torbjorn's.

D.Va's Self Destruct: I consider this slightly worse than Dead eye. with High noon you can still sneak behind someone and they have to actively look for you.
    but with self destruct the game is nice enough to point at it for you with a hud element that literally points to the thing.
    Of course, McCree glows when he uses his ult, but then so does the Mech.
    You don't even need to listen for the "NERF THIS".
    I know what you're about to type, yes just throw it really high, but guess what. If you see a soaring D.Va going upward thats just another tell for this already easily avoidable ult.
    And then all it takes to break this is any line of sight breaker, even something as narrow as a telephone pole will do, drop it on the cart, they can literally just crouch in front of it and be fine. (Reinhardt's ult ignores payloads entirely because why not)
    I mean yeah you can scum it for another mech, but then of course you'll most likely be getting in a 200 or instant killed mech if done really poorly.
    Or just get scummed by a Reinhardt and lose half of your on foot health before you even eject.
    In the current tank meta, I dont really expect this to get any sort of kills, or even picks without being comboed into earth shatter or Blizzard, and that's really only for style points.

Things like earth shatter are so good you don't even need another ult to combo into it.

compared to these, I think McCree is preforming just fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #3944
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2011
    27,335 Posts
    I've been thinking about how to nerf Zarya without sending her to the grave. How about her shields do damage reduction instead of immunity? Now how much reduction I haven't thought about yet.
    I'd fucking kill for a clearer indicator for shields being up without having to look in the corners of the screen. Just a small circular countdown that runs along the Charge meter on the crosshair would be good.

I think she's in a good spot right now because she's strong while still manageable with the proper amount of skill and attention. If anything it shouldn't block crowd control but the time window is so small anyway that I don't think it matters too much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events

25. Post #3945
    August 2014
    4,856 Posts
    Winston's Primal rage: Double the size of your hitbox and double your health, for the cost of signficiantly weaker single target dps for 6 seconds.
    Not even being juggled in a corner from this is threatening, considering you can practically get a free ultimate off that big squishy body of his.
    This is just a flashy way to get environmental kills, and nothing else. You can say it can cause chaos, but I don't see how,
    it literally turns you into a defenseless ult feeding buffet for the enemy team.
    This ult is so crappy I ususally end up using it for rollouts and pray its gone by the time I hit objectives.
    His ultimate is nothing but a stall mechanic majority of times but it's still good to get some squishy kills that don't have any mobility or to finish off. You get like 2 sec of cooldown with his jump ability.

Yeah, he can feed ults but unless the whole enemy team is focusing on him, Winston becomes annoying to deal with him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #3946
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,981 Posts
    Really long reply
    Tank meta/3x3 is very rarely played outside of professional levels of play so D.Va's ult is fine and definitely not worse than Dead Eye as far as I'm concerned, in fact I'd say it's one of the best team fight ults in the game because it scatters the enemy team, or pushes a team off the point, a scattered team = ezpz picks and if it doesn't scatter the team then general knowledge of how to use it will result in at least a single kill, even if you just single a person out you get a free mech in return which makes it 5v6 in a fight as it is.

As for every other point, the heroes you're speaking of (besides Winston) aren't even viable in the first place, Winston's ult isn't meant to be a kill ult unless you're trying to single someone out like Reinhardt, it's meant to scatter teams with the possibility of environmental kills, as well as recharge Winston's HP, he gets another 500 HP + his shields back, this means that he does feed ults but beyond that I don't see what's wrong with Primal Rage since it's filling what it's supposed to do just fine (make him tanky and scatter the enemies around)

Rip Tire just sucks, it may be worse than McCree's ult but I didn't think about it because I was thinking of ults from people who actually are in the meta to an extent and not trashcan/F tier.

Symmetra TP gives the enemy team ESP but more often than not in my games I've seen it go through all of its uses before it gets killed, if you let someone behind your team to chase the teleporter (besides a Tracer or D.Va, since they have some pretty good mobility) around then that's your team's fault for not killing the person behind you, ez pick and ez 5v6 teamfight, don't see how them chasing a teleporter is a problem, if it's far enough back then it's actually pretty annoying to find and can still cut your trek back from spawn on defense by half.

27. Post #3947
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,653 Posts
    Tank meta/3x3 is very rarely played outside of professional levels of play so D.Va's ult is fine and definitely not worse than Dead Eye as far as I'm concerned, in fact I'd say it's one of the best team fight ults in the game because it scatters the enemy team, or pushes a team off the point, a scattered team = ezpz picks and if it doesn't scatter the team then general knowledge of how to use it will result in at least a single kill, even if you just single a person out you get a free mech in return which makes it 5v6 in a fight as it is.

As for every other point, the heroes you're speaking of (besides Winston) aren't even viable in the first place, Winston's ult isn't meant to be a kill ult unless you're trying to single someone out like Reinhardt, it's meant to scatter teams with the possibility of environmental kills, as well as recharge Winston's HP, he gets another 500 HP + his shields back, this means that he does feed ults but beyond that I don't see what's wrong with Primal Rage since it's filling what it's supposed to do just fine (make him tanky and scatter the enemies around)

Rip Tire just sucks, it may be worse than McCree's ult but I didn't think about it because I was thinking of ults from people who actually are in the meta to an extent and not trashcan/F tier.

Symmetra TP gives the enemy team ESP but more often than not in my games I've seen it go through all of its uses before it gets killed, if you let someone behind your team to chase the teleporter (besides a Tracer or D.Va, since they have some pretty good mobility) around then that's your team's fault for not killing the person behind you, ez pick and ez 5v6 teamfight, don't see how them chasing a teleporter is a problem, if it's far enough back then it's actually pretty annoying to find and can still cut your trek back from spawn on defense by half.

McCree's (and Pharah's) ult(s) is/are the most underwhelming ult(s) in the game easily
    Forgive me for taking this phrase literally then. I didnt know the other heroe's non viability made them not exist in the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events

28. Post #3948
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,981 Posts
    Forgive me for taking this phrase literally then. I didnt know the other heroe's non viability made them not exist in the game.
    You are forgiven.

29. Post #3949
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,653 Posts
    SPEAKING OF NONVIABILITY (segway)

Weekly remind that comp overwatch is a joke

When will the reign of Zarya end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #3950
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,254 Posts

didn't blizzard think the latest soldier change would make him more viable?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #3951
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    6,235 Posts

idk i find those lists bullshit because the heroes it claim to be rarely used i see getting used almost all the fucking time in comp.

plus i'd disagree with zen/mercy being underpowered, mercy used to be but both are fine now imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #3952
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    5,699 Posts
    idk i find those lists bullshit because the heroes it claim to be rarely used i see getting used almost all the fucking time in comp.

plus i'd disagree with zen/mercy being underpowered, mercy used to be but both are fine now imo.

33. Post #3953
    August 2014
    4,856 Posts

Zenyatta in D, that's funny considering the finals in OW Open. Misfits Hidan's Zen just showed how good Zenyatta is and how Ana isn't always the answer for everything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events

34. Post #3954
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,653 Posts

Its from actual Over watch Competitive, as in actual organized leagues.

not comp matchmaking, albeit the higher you go in match making the more likely it is to mirror comp stats.

Matchmaking is basically glorified pubs.

35. Post #3955
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2011
    27,335 Posts
    In my opinion Overwatch suffers from the same issue as any other game with ranked options.

Everything that's between casual/unranked play and high league competitive play is filled to the brim with wannabe tryhards who can't actually go into the higher spheres of the game where you get paid for winning and partake in proper tournaments, but still want a fake sense of satisfaction for playing """better""" than unranked because the magical glowing icon and the arbitrary number told them they are.

It's basically just monkeying high level gaming but without any of things that make it interesting to witness. There's no reason to go into competitive to find more serious players or better sportsmanship because the exact opposite happens, all you find is tryhards who think mimicking known teams is all you need to win, backseat players and literal salt miners.

Might as well just stick to QP and enjoy relaxed games with people that only very rarely get mad about losing, with ragequitters being replaced within seconds and a somewhat more relaxed atmosphere. Ranked play can go eat a bag of dicks until all the bad tryhards disappear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome France Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

36. Post #3956
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,653 Posts
    It doesn't help that the game is currently balanced by morons.

I'll never forget how the PTR Mercy damage boost buff didnt' go through because McCree was too powerful. This was back during the days of McSniper

"McCree is OP, better nerf mercy"- Blizzard

37. Post #3957
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    4,728 Posts
    In my opinion Overwatch suffers from the same issue as any other game with ranked options.

Everything that's between casual/unranked play and high league competitive play is filled to the brim with wannabe tryhards who can't actually go into the higher spheres of the game where you get paid for winning and partake in proper tournaments, but still want a fake sense of satisfaction for playing """better""" than unranked because the magical glowing icon and the arbitrary number told them they are.

It's basically just monkeying high level gaming but without any of things that make it interesting to witness. There's no reason to go into competitive to find more serious players or better sportsmanship because the exact opposite happens, all you find is tryhards who think mimicking known teams is all you need to win, backseat players and literal salt miners.

Might as well just stick to QP and enjoy relaxed games with people that only very rarely get mad about losing, with ragequitters being replaced within seconds and a somewhat more relaxed atmosphere. Ranked play can go eat a bag of dicks until all the bad tryhards disappear.
    I sort of agree on a few points but the whole thing that makes games fun is winning. I've oddly had only 2 or 3 people leave on me so.. dunno how so many people have issues with that but I generally carry my weight. The entire mindset that people head into comp with is stupid, if you go "eight FUCKING tryhard!!" and get pissed at your teammates then congrats you've already lost.

Think of ranked as QP if you must, don't put winning on a pedestal, focus on having fun. I've gone into games and jokingly playing junkrat and scoring 4 golds just because I didn't let dieing piss me off.

Also most backseat players are usually trying to help and listening to a half decent suggestion is not a bad idea since it'll likely get them to feel more confident.

Edited:

I'll never forget how the PTR Mercy damage boost buff didnt' go through because McCree was too powerful. This was back during the days of McSniper

Edited:

McCree is fine, I rarely ever died to a McCree that can't land consecutive shots + critical shots. Fan the hammer isn't even very easy to use imo because you really gotta close the distance plus time the stun right.

I'm sad to admit that with even okayish accuracy at 51% I sure as hell rather play soldier because he's less uhh risky I guess is a good word for comp play. I mean how is McCree OP when he can't even self sustain lol. Reaper, Tracer, Soldier 76 can all self heal, Pharrah and Genji both can get around pretty fast too which allows them strong self sustain. Yet McCree is kind of fucked without a healer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari Canada Show Events

38. Post #3958
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,653 Posts
    I wasnt actually jabbing at McCree there, more of at blizzard.

because he was indeed insanely OP during the time period I specified.

39. Post #3959
    Dennab
    May 2014
    2,123 Posts
    Its from actual Over watch Competitive, as in actual organized leagues.

not comp matchmaking, albeit the higher you go in match making the more likely it is to mirror comp stats.

Matchmaking is basically glorified pubs.
    So it doesn't mean shit for us the simple player that plays competitive for the sake of playing the game and having a chance to be a part of the elite casual player. Ah, those 100 ultra-competitive player play only Lucio/Zarya/Reinhardt/Reaper/Ana/McCree, so i must care because it reflect the whole competitive community!

It reflect the high rank competitive community i guess, but not the mid or low rank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8.1 Firefox France Show Events

40. Post #3960
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,557 Posts

Agree for left, disagree for right
    I really can't choose between them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Agree x 34Disagree x 9Funny x 3Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1Informative x 1 (list)