1. Post #2041
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,588 Posts

no you dont
    n1 censoring the snapchat name now i can't send you dick pics
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #2042
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,298 Posts
    Asked my younger brother if he can fab up a few bits for work. If the part works out it'd be pretty cool for him to be paid by the company.

3. Post #2043
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    10,152 Posts
    n1 censoring the snapchat name now i can't send you dick pics
    churlie_richass send me nudes

4. Post #2044
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,773 Posts
    mac pro or macbook pro 15"

Edited:

because in this day and age spending 3000 on a comptuer and getting 12gb of ram seems cheap
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

5. Post #2045
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,190 Posts
    So today we got a passive aggressive note through the door from someone (we are 99% sure it is from the house next door to ours but no name/house number was left on it) accusing us of fly tipping in the back alley of our street. There were some MDF boards in the alley next to our bins which were being collected today so I am guessing this is what they were referencing.

Amusingly the stuff isn't ours but is from the people in the flat below ours as they have been doing some renovating. As we're renting and wouldn't want any trouble from the council/estate agents (even if it was a misguided accusation) my gf popped round to our downstairs neighbours and asked if they had been given a note too and they hadn't. They explained that they were possibly a bit naive as they had put their stuff out with the bins assuming it would get taken but it hadn't been, and after we talked to them they went and collected it from the alley and put it in their yard.

So the issue was resolved by calmly going and asking the people involved. It would just be typical that now the stuff has been collected from the alley whoever sent the note is going to think was actually our stuff.

Honestly why would you:
    A) send a pathetic note instead of just talking to someone, or anonymously contacting the council to complain about it
    B) not even check who you are sending the fucking note to

I fucking hate the neighbours in the house next to ours as they're a bunch of weird cunts, I am quite convinced the note was from them. I am tempted send a note back (of course with no name or door number on) telling them they sent the note to the wrong people, and will sarcastically ask them to stop doing things which annoy us.

6. Post #2046
    April 2010
    10,152 Posts
    2000 word essay due in thursday and im currently sitting on the big old 0 mark

ive sat here for about 2 hours chain smoking and listening to flash and the pan and nothings making me tick

motivation boys
    fucking finished it lads yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

7. Post #2047
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,105 Posts
    It only took an extra three years but I finally got a C in GCSE Maths

Edited:

no you dont
    You post this like it's a bad thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #2048
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,298 Posts
    hey I only got a C in GCSE maths too. My older brother got a D and always wrote C on his CV. He's 35 and hasn't been caught yet

Edited:

I suspect I'm just about old enough now that I can probably lie about my GCSE results.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

9. Post #2049
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,027 Posts
    hey I only got a C in GCSE maths too. My older brother got a D and always wrote C on his CV. He's 35 and hasn't been caught yet

Edited:

I suspect I'm just about old enough now that I can probably lie about my GCSE results.
    Depends on what you're lying for really. Most employers probably won't ask unless it's relevant, and I got through uni before I'd even collected my GCSE certificates (they may have asked the exam boards?). Certificates were needed for my postgraduate shit though.

10. Post #2050
    October 2009
    641 Posts

Edited:

In my experience employers don't care what GCSE results you got. They are much more interested in your degree, the university you went too and your work experience.

I have only ever been asked for a copy of my degree certificate, never been asked for my A-Level certificates which is just as well as I have no idea where they are now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2051
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,298 Posts
    I only got GCSEs. I don't think I've ever had to show someone my qualifications.
    My older brother came just before going to uni was the standard thing

12. Post #2052
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,340 Posts

Edited:

because in this day and age spending 3000 on a comptuer and getting 12gb of ram seems cheap
    so you're basically saying trash can vs. donglebook?

what will you be mainly doing?

13. Post #2053
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    5,068 Posts
    Got a D in maths and 2 out of the 3 times I had taken a resit I was 5 marks off a C.

That's 2/3rds.

14. Post #2054
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,773 Posts
    so you're basically saying trash can vs. donglebook?

what will you be mainly doing?
    photo and video editing

15. Post #2055
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,129 Posts

Edited:

16GB of RAM costs about 100-150... If you're going for a Mac get one but it's not cheap.

16. Post #2056
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,340 Posts
    photo and video editing
    probably might be able to get away with 8GB, not sure what the max is on the macbook pro, might be 16GB, if you need to be out and about everywhere, just get the macbook pro

17. Post #2057
    June 2007
    1,445 Posts
    Oh great it's snowing, trains are gonna be fucked in the morning. Oh wait, they're already fucked tomorrow cuz of strike.

18. Post #2058
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,773 Posts
    well the macbook pro comes with 16gb, my current macbook pro has 16gb but their top end workstation is 2999 and only has 12gb, that's a wild amount of money for less

19. Post #2059
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,139 Posts
    well the macbook pro comes with 16gb, my current macbook pro has 16gb but their top end workstation is 2999 and only has 12gb, that's a wild amount of money for less
    Consider getting an older gen Mac Pro, you can upgrade them to 12 Cores/24 HT and 128GB RAM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #2060
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,773 Posts
    Consider getting an older gen Mac Pro, you can upgrade them to 12 Cores/24 HT and 128GB RAM
    this is also a consideration, i could fill it with 5TB drives and be laughing.

21. Post #2061
    October 2015
    848 Posts
    i got my mock results today and they were terrible

3 in English Lang
    3 in Maths
    D in Chemistry
    F in Engineering
    F in Geography
    F in History

5 in English Lit
    C in Biology
    B in Physics
    A in Computing

i guess i should probably revise

I'm good at English and have always got top marks previously, I actually have no clue how the fuck I got a 3 in English Lang
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

22. Post #2062
    November 2010
    1,271 Posts
    So much for the supposed snow Apocalypse. It rained for 4 hours, sleeted for another and now its back to rain.

23. Post #2063
    January 2015
    233 Posts
    No snow in Leicester. 😕

24. Post #2064
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,855 Posts

3 in English Lang
    3 in Maths
    D in Chemistry
    F in Engineering
    F in Geography
    F in History

5 in English Lit
    C in Biology
    B in Physics
    A in Computing

I'm good at English and have always got top marks previously, I actually have no clue how the fuck I got a 3 in English Lang
    Mock results are weird.
    Got an A* English Lang Mock result.
    Three months later in actual result, got a D.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #2065
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    9,854 Posts
    Fuck we got two centimetres of snow in Essex and someone died at Chelmsford train station. jesus christ are these the end days?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #2066
    April 2010
    10,152 Posts
    we had about an hour of snow in southampton, but its been pissing it down all day so nothing really set as per usual

27. Post #2067
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,298 Posts
    Fuck we got two centimetres of snow in Essex and someone died at Chelmsford train station. jesus christ are these the end days?
    Hey I used to live there

I know several people who use the station daily

28. Post #2068
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,316 Posts
    Unless the company you're interviewing at has a specific HR procedure asking for qualification certificates, it will more than likely come down to how you come across in the interview.

29. Post #2069
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    21,037 Posts
    got a 92/100 in my first exam lol

creative music tech tho so not as impressive

30. Post #2070
    October 2009
    641 Posts

3 in English Lang
    3 in Maths
    D in Chemistry
    F in Engineering
    F in Geography
    F in History

5 in English Lit
    C in Biology
    B in Physics
    A in Computing

What the fuck is a grade 3? Back in my day it was just A* to U grades. Is this a new thing?

31. Post #2071
    April 2010
    10,152 Posts
    few pints earlier featuring NeonpieDFTBA

32. Post #2072
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,129 Posts
    One of us is more into it than the other, I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

33. Post #2073
    Ninja101 is m̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶u̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶ a pancake face
    January 2010
    5,865 Posts
    If you like Michael Mcintyre you have bad chat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #2074
    October 2015
    848 Posts
    What the fuck is a grade 3? Back in my day it was just A* to U grades. Is this a new thing?
    they've decided to change everything again for some reason.

It goes from level 1 to level 9.
    For an idea of how difficult level 9 is, I think the Maths grade boundary is that the top 2% of students will get level 9.

there's not really a clear "conversion" from letters to numbers but level 9 is A** and level 5 is C (I think)

35. Post #2075
    April 2010
    10,152 Posts
    One of us is more into it than the other, I guess.
    its the makeup man, trying to conceal it

36. Post #2076
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,773 Posts
    cr you need to pop up t'north with the rest of the photography lads
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #2077
    October 2009
    641 Posts
    they've decided to change everything again for some reason.

It goes from level 1 to level 9.
    For an idea of how difficult level 9 is, I think the Maths grade boundary is that the top 2% of students will get level 9.

there's not really a clear "conversion" from letters to numbers but level 9 is A** and level 5 is C (I think)
    Fair enough if they changed the entire system to reflect that but why only change a few subjects? Seems like more mindless interference in the education system TBH.

38. Post #2078
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,005 Posts
    On the subject of school GCSE's here's a shit anecdote of mine, back in my shit tier school I was given a choice between IT, Business Studies and fucking cooking for my GCSE's for the last 2 years, because in what world would you ever need to do all 3 right? Design Technology or Woodwork? haha fuck you we can't get the teachers to do those lessons at GCSE despite having the rooms and equipment.

I picked IT so naturally I got my arse thrown into Buisness Studies because fuck you cunt.

So for 1 year I fuck about with minimal effort (something im not proud of) and barely scrape an E in the course work. Then because of how the subject was devised, we took the final test with a year left and because it turns out I did pay attention I got an A and was not actually shit at it. Which at the time meant nothing because my course work would drag the overall grade down to a D.

For the next year, with a 'pep talk' from my teacher I knuckle down and drag my course work up to A standard at least thats what the teacher told me by the time i'd finished with it. I'd pulled off an A in a subject I fucking hated and never wanted to do, felt pretty damn pleased with myself while waiting for the confirmation but it was all but guarentee'd that's what i'd get.

Well, turned out that I was sold bullshit, and my coursework was downmarked to an E. So I got a D overall. Thing is, the teacher had fucked up by sending my old man an update telling him I'd recieved an A grade for the Coursework, we had definative proof that something foul had gone on or an accident somewhere. So we took it to tribunal seeing why it'd been assesed and marked down, turned out it hadnt been assed by anyone else just my teacher, the popular theory was that they did not like that i'd seemingly dossed about for 2 years and got away with it so decided to shaft me, i didnt like the teacher but i don't think that's true but thats the story everyone wants to believe.

Long story short, things got pretty heated and the school were worried my dad would take it to the news, as such my work got reviewed by a 3rd party and given a B which got me a B grade overall.

Moral of the story? Aint got one, just something that happened to me, still pissed off it's not the A grade but at least it's not D or E. Not that iv'e ever used it anywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

39. Post #2079
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,105 Posts
    I got a double E in Business

40. Post #2080
    March 2014
    142 Posts
    few pints earlier featuring NeonpieDFTBA
    is that the spitfire near the park? i can tell from the subway in the background