1. Post #1
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    July 2010
    21,810 Posts
    shit lads the last thread locked

last thread:

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1476361

thread music:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Internet Explorer 11 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,135 Posts
    Why do Corner shops always have the best crisps and sweets?

3. Post #3
    itty bitty silly pretty little pony
    September 2011
    10,633 Posts
    threadly reminder jamie oliver killed turkey twizzlers and should be burned at the stake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,828 Posts
    Reminder that chipsticks is the shit and if you disagree you're not british
    god save the queen

5. Post #5
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,135 Posts
    Reminder that chipsticks is the shit and if you disagree you're not british
    god save the queen
    What flavour though

6. Post #6
    July 2014
    2,941 Posts
    New thread, new me. <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,057 Posts
    Northumberland has got some cracking rural roads

Nice wide roads, sweeping curves, nice surface, loads of elevation changes and then you get stuck behind a queue of cars behind a coach

Edited:

Most of my miles are city or motorway

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,442 Posts
    No Brexit related thread title? Oh wait, it is!

9. Post #9
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,531 Posts
    Lovely, a new thread.

10. Post #10
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,057 Posts
    And I bought four brand new tyres, I've never had new tyres and never matching. Always bought part worns individually when they needed changing. I dunno how much difference they make but they're very quiet.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,640 Posts
    And I bought four brand new tyres, I've never had new tyres and never matching. Always bought part worns individually when they needed changing. I dunno how much difference they make but they're very quiet.
    Getting mine on Saturday. Can't wait for that new shoe feeling.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,537 Posts
    What flavour though
    the only flavour

salt & vinegar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,248 Posts
    thread music:

"I don't want a fancy coffee drink
    I want a cup of tea right!!"

doesn't even fucking rhyme

14. Post #14
    Contains Vitamin K!
    January 2011
    4,798 Posts
    Honestly why is this thread not titled 'Meal Deal Chat'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,248 Posts
    I was under the impression it was to be titled "Can you fuck off mate?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    --
    August 2009
    2,040 Posts
    We need our own forum, where we aren't bound by the DIRTY LAWS of Facepunch under the rule of GARY MERKEL

It's time to get our sovereignty back and grow a backbone !!!

17. Post #17
    July 2016
    1,636 Posts
    Tesco has pretty decent fast food

2p for 18 cod nuggets? Nice

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,034 Posts
    thought i'd contribute

19. Post #19
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,135 Posts
    Send help.
    My Smarties Ice Cream cone didn't have a cone.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,248 Posts
    cones were an EU import, you can thank the leave campaign for this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #21
    Dennab
    October 2011
    6,211 Posts
    Northumberland has got some cracking rural roads

Nice wide roads, sweeping curves, nice surface, loads of elevation changes and then you get stuck behind a queue of cars behind a coach

Edited:

Most of my miles are city or motorway
    My family have gone to Northumberland at least 4-5 times for a cheap holiday and its great there, much nicer tha Cornwall (and significantly cheaper)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Ninja101 is m̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶u̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶ a pancake face
    January 2010
    4,789 Posts
    I think I got my first speeding ticket today. Doing maybe 36 in a 30 :( Honestly speed cameras are just fucked. I see people go from 70 to 40 as they approach a speed camera and then high tail it to 70 as they leave

23. Post #23
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    September 2005
    5,649 Posts
    I think I got my first speeding ticket today. Doing maybe 36 in a 30 :( Honestly speed cameras are just fucked. I see people go from 70 to 40 as they approach a speed camera and then high tail it to 70 as they leave
    dont cry about this too much, theyll just put average cameras up everywhere instead and theyre a real fucker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,916 Posts
    dont cry about this too much, theyll just put average cameras up everywhere instead and theyre a real fucker
    Especially on the motorway, it's a right fucking pain in the ass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    July 2014
    2,941 Posts
    Anybody watched that Key & Peele show?

I've just started watching it and i've never laughed so much in my life.

26. Post #26
    July 2013
    581 Posts
    Especially on the motorway, it's a right fucking pain in the ass
    Changing lane stops them from gathering the data.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,916 Posts
    Wait does it actually?

How? There's a single camera for all 3/4 lanes and I swear it works on licence plate?

*Edit* Just checked on Wikipedia, apparently a camera can only operate on one lane at a time but if there's more than one camera it can obviously monitor multiple lanes.

28. Post #28
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    September 2005
    5,649 Posts
    This is true, but that's why they put sets of them every few hundred yards, you would need to know which cameras were paired to know where to change lanes and since there isnt a visual way of telling you will probably just shaft yourself.

29. Post #29
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    5,890 Posts
    Howdy lads

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,442 Posts
    Howdy lads
    Oi oi, savoloi

31. Post #31
    April 2010
    5,890 Posts
    OI OI GIS US A' CHIP

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,442 Posts
    OI OI GIS US A' CHIP
    Git yer own, you sponge

33. Post #33
    September 2015
    335 Posts
    Student finance was supposed to give me 3.6k extra dolla bills this year as a grant but they fucked up and I didnt get it all year. Just checked my bank account and I have 3.6k lol. Thanks gubment

34. Post #34
    April 2010
    5,890 Posts
    Student finance was supposed to give me 3.6k extra dolla bills this year as a grant but they fucked up and I didnt get it all year. Just checked my bank account and I have 3.6k lol. Thanks gubment
    I just realized for my first half of the year im going to now have to live off 800
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    September 2015
    335 Posts
    I just realized for my first half of the year im going to now have to live off 800
    I only got the bare minimum loan through my three years which is like 3.3k a year or something. I wa ssupposed to get a grant for this last year but they took forever in giving it and no idea why I only just got it considering I graduated. I'm doing a masters so it'll help with that anyway :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    April 2010
    5,890 Posts
    I only got the bare minimum loan through my three years which is like 3.3k a year or something. I wa ssupposed to get a grant for this last year but they took forever in giving it and no idea why I only just got it considering I graduated. I'm doing a masters so it'll help with that anyway :D
    ah shit nice job

its only just hit me how much Im going to need to work this summer and save these next few terms.

Its my first year at uni, just dropped the 200 on my accommodation; and the money for that comes out of my maintenance loan on the 18th of next month in segments (basically the 2.600 I was supposed to start off with will actually be about 800-900 for the first term)

I need to get a laptop/computer too, I was hoping that I'd be able to use 1000 of my maintenance on the first term and get a laptop. I was gonna ask my brother and my nan to give me 500 each then I could give them back 500 in the next two payments but thats now out of the window

fuck sake

37. Post #37
    June 2007
    1,266 Posts
    Odd question, (I think someone was talking about this in the previous thread but I couldn't find it, so sorry for asking) but how much have you fellas paid for a suit before? I remember paying 60 for my primark suit for prom, (that was a long time ago mind you.) But I'm going to a wedding in a few months and thought, fuck it, I'm going to need a good suit for the rest of my life so splash out, right? So I bought a nice fitted 229 suit from moss. Apparently it was 300 but fuck me I think they were always overcharging from the start.

38. Post #38
    April 2010
    5,890 Posts
    Odd question, (I think someone was talking about this in the previous thread but I couldn't find it, so sorry for asking) but how much have you fellas paid for a suit before? I remember paying 60 for my primark suit for prom, (that was a long time ago mind you.) But I'm going to a wedding in a few months and thought, fuck it, I'm going to need a good suit for the rest of my life so splash out, right? So I bought a nice fitted 229 suit from moss. Apparently it was 300 but fuck me I think they were always overcharging from the start.
    I still wear and love my 150 suit from Top Lad. Fits really well (big fan of skinny stuff since im a tiny bastard) and has lasted me since prom.

Edited:

Im actually starting to find the days of having a well dressed suit around dying. I shot 2 weddings in the space of two years and find that people are starting to just dress themselves more than anything, hell on my second shoot I started wearing the black skinnies, nice pear of shoes and a blazer without a tie.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,248 Posts
    checked my UCAS and my offer has been changed to unconditional but they've changed my course and not said a word about it lol? surely this is a data entry error or something as they haven't said a thing about changing my course & the two courses have the same entry requirements

Edited:

shot the cheeky bastards an email but now I've got to wait around for them to respond

40. Post #40
    September 2015
    335 Posts
    checked my UCAS and my offer has been changed to unconditional but they've changed my course and not said a word about it lol? surely this is a data entry error or something as they haven't said a thing about changing my course & the two courses have the same entry requirements

Edited:

shot the cheeky bastards an email but now I've got to wait around for them to respond
    I swear this happened to me when I applied to uni. I chose Geological and Enviromental hazards I'm 100% sure then a few months later it changed to just straight Geology lol, turns out I didn't have good enough maths so maybe it was just an error :(. Didnt really matter seeing as I could do the masters in it anyway which is what I'm starting in september