1. Post #3161
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,754 Posts
    Kinda sick how much people and the news abuse situations like these.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #3162
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,970 Posts
    My favourite thing is people saying they're safe in the Westminster attack, like calm down Doris your office is 4 miles away in Shoreditch you're more likely to be stabbed going to Pret at lunch than you are by a terrorist.
    My cousin works at Canary Wharf and used that facebook notification thing to say he was safe. Calm the fuck down Harry, I know it's a tower but you're jumping the gun here.

I've had a few people I knew at Uni who have coughed up old pictures of themselves on dates or trips to London and they've got a shot of Big Ben or the Houses of Parliament with them in it and a caption like "It feels like yesterday that I was right there, can't believe it". Get the fuck over yourself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3163
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,726 Posts
    I don't remember the last time I got a train that departed or arrived on time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3164
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,565 Posts
    I live near Brighton and I can't even remember what a train looks like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #3165
    April 2006
    138 Posts
    If I'm heading south: usually on time.
    If I'm heading north: never on time.

I also have most of the pelican crossing patterns in town down pat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3166
    September 2015
    638 Posts
    A black cat walked up to my leg while I was on my way to Tesco and meowed at me several times.

Not sure if it's a good or bad omen, but I'm sad I didn't manage to pet the cat before it left :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

7. Post #3167
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    July 2010
    21,808 Posts
    black cats are considered good luck here, and if one goes into your house the old gods will bless you with prosperity

8. Post #3168
    April 2006
    138 Posts
    Should have done it man, making friends with street cats is always a good'un.

9. Post #3169
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,056 Posts
    Yeah its good luck, cos you got to meet a cat

10. Post #3170
    Sour Grapes
    March 2007
    4,585 Posts
    I live near Brighton and I can't even remember what a train looks like.
    i've probably driven a train with you on before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #3171
    May 2011
    308 Posts
    A black cat walked up to my leg while I was on my way to Tesco and meowed at me several times.

Not sure if it's a good or bad omen, but I'm sad I didn't manage to pet the cat before it left :(
    I once encountered a black and white cat that kept following me meowing and rubbing against my legs. So cute.

12. Post #3172
    September 2015
    638 Posts
    I've had brief staring contests with the same black cat on my previous nightly Tesco trips

I miss my own cats back home, though. Been almost two months since I last saw them.

13. Post #3173
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,441 Posts
    So last night I had a nightmare where there was a spiderweb in the corner of my room. I know I don't keep often, probably the impetus for this nightmare, but anyway. A big ol' cobweb, which I decide to do something about. I jab at it with a long brush (or broom?) and a big spider comes a calling to see what the fuss is about. A big booty spider with spindly long legs. Now, I'm not arachnaphobic but that's a nasty surprise. Not to mention that I saw black widow-esque markings on it. Anyway, it somehow realised where the disturbance was coming from, and the spider started creeping down and towards me, growing increasingly larger as my imagination played up the danger. I rather calmly left the room and tried to close the door but did so by trying to slam it from outside and the spider caught it. That was definitely a problem so I went downstairs and told my parents "I don't mean to alarm you, but there's a very dangerous spider in the house," and that's when I woke up.

Anyway, tonight I was getting ready for bed and I pick up my pyjama top and lo and behold there was a really big spider on it.

Luckily this one was only slightly larger than my thumb and no venomous. I swiftly shook out my top in the backgarden. I hate being a spider magnet sometimes.

14. Post #3174
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,056 Posts
    Spiders are safe fam, I don't put them outside anymore.

slugs are my thing, I had to get my missus to remove a slug that had crawled across the door when it was open. I never used to be like this and I don't mind snails but slugs make my skin crawl   

(User was banned for this post ("Spoiler tag misuse" - Bengley))

15. Post #3175
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,441 Posts
    I know local spiders are harmless, but I don't like them in my house because I don't like not knowing where everthing is. And that big one after that bad dream was an unwelcome surprise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #3176
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,247 Posts
    So last night I had a nightmare where there was a spiderweb in the corner of my room. I know I don't keep often, probably the impetus for this nightmare, but anyway. A big ol' cobweb, which I decide to do something about. I jab at it with a long brush (or broom?) and a big spider comes a calling to see what the fuss is about. A big booty spider with spindly long legs. Now, I'm not arachnaphobic but that's a nasty surprise. Not to mention that I saw black widow-esque markings on it. Anyway, it somehow realised where the disturbance was coming from, and the spider started creeping down and towards me, growing increasingly larger as my imagination played up the danger. I rather calmly left the room and tried to close the door but did so by trying to slam it from outside and the spider caught it. That was definitely a problem so I went downstairs and told my parents "I don't mean to alarm you, but there's a very dangerous spider in the house," and that's when I woke up.

Anyway, tonight I was getting ready for bed and I pick up my pyjama top and lo and behold there was a really big spider on it.

Luckily this one was only slightly larger than my thumb and no venomous. I swiftly shook out my top in the backgarden. I hate being a spider magnet sometimes.
    Fucking hate them. I have a recurring nightmare where every surface in my house is coated in hundreds of different types of bugs and spiders, all different sizes and colours. Every I wake up from it I feel so disgusted and unsettled

17. Post #3177
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,441 Posts
    Fucking hate them. I have a recurring nightmare where every surface in my house is coated in hundreds of different types of bugs and spiders, all different sizes and colours. Every I wake up from it I feel so disgusted and unsettled
    Could be worse though, my dream before the spider one was I was attending some sort of sexual skills class and the lesson of the day was on analingus and I was for some reason determined to be the best at eating arse there was.

Woke up on a very wet pillow with my mouth all slobbery.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

18. Post #3178
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,247 Posts
    well you've got me beat there

19. Post #3179
    June 2007
    1,266 Posts
    Bought my first 5 pack of cadbury creme eggs this year. Already ate two.
    Mistakes were made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #3180
    August 2011
    682 Posts
    Mistakes were made.
    I fail to see the mistake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #3181
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,565 Posts
    i've probably driven a train with you on before
    What a terrifying possibility.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3182
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,299 Posts
    Mistakes were made.
    you have reminded me to buy creme eggs

i love u
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #3183
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,970 Posts
    It's no eggsageration to say that I've had a Creme Egg a day since as soon as they came out at the start of March (roughly). I fucking love Creme Eggs

24. Post #3184
    May 2009
    583 Posts
    They're awful after the Americans bought them. It's like they successfully removed the sweet taste they used to have but kept the sickness you got afterwards.

Like how do you even do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3185
    Gold Member

May 2010
    5,880 Posts
    They're awful after the Americans bought them. It's like they successfully removed the sweet taste they used to have but kept the sickness you got afterwards.

Like how do you even do that.
    They changed the chocolate :(

Edited:

RIP Cadbury 1824-2014
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #3186
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,441 Posts
    I have had a Creme Egg in years
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)