1. Post #1961
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,537 Posts
    My new year's eve was pretty good, don't remember half of it though. Sat talking to a girl that a mate brought for a solid 3 hours and pretty sure I became totally besotted by her. shame I literally can't remember a single thing we talked about but I am plagued with remembering how i felt. Fun times!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

2. Post #1962
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,139 Posts
    My 5 year Facepunchiversary and now the polar bear has grown.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

3. Post #1963
    Gold Member

May 2010
    5,890 Posts
    My New Years rave up went so well the venue owner gave us the room hire for free 'cause he made so much on the bar. Fuck yeah cunts.
    What self respecting rave makes money on alcohol?

Nice one though haha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #1964
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,039 Posts
    My new year's eve was pretty good, don't remember half of it though. Sat talking to a girl that a mate brought for a solid 3 hours and pretty sure I became totally besotted by her. shame I literally can't remember a single thing we talked about but I am plagued with remembering how i felt. Fun times!
    i felt the same way nye and i haven't had this feeling in so long it's scary i want it to fuck right off, i was happy being a miserable soulless emotionless cunt why do this to me

Edited:

Nice one though haha
    might've just been bottled water y'know

making that killing on selling evian to hundreds of gurning fuckers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #1965
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,495 Posts
    not surprising that they still make a killing on water when they charge 3 a bottle for it the sly fuckers

Spent like 6 on water at whp the bastards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1966
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    July 2010
    21,835 Posts
    aye it adds up and all, but gie this rite

see tha tap in the sink in the hoose and aw? gies it a wee turn and youse never ken whit came oot

wa'ah. pure wa'ah

i fills up me bo'lle wi it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #1967
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,144 Posts
    So ordered some stuff from Amazon. But it totalled 19.99. 1p short of free delivery. So I through a can of coke in the basket to get free delivery.
    Last night they dispatched my stuff.
    One package of clothes from Swansea.
    One package of a single can of coke from Peterborough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

8. Post #1968
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,900 Posts

see tha tap in the sink in the hoose and aw? gies it a wee turn and youse never ken whit came oot

wa'ah. pure wa'ah

What the fuck does any of this mean?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1969
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,303 Posts

wa'ah. pure wa'ah

took me way too long to get this reference

10. Post #1970
    "Epic Leddit pwner :)"
    March 2010
    10,972 Posts

Wa'ah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #1971
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    July 2010
    21,835 Posts
    What the fuck does any of this mean?
    no joke when i went to see some friends with my gf here, i showed them scottish comedy and none of them could understand it so i had to translate it for them (despite the fact they all spoke perfect english)

12. Post #1972
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,537 Posts
    no joke when i went to see some friends with my gf here, i showed them scottish comedy and none of them could understand it so i had to translate it for them (despite the fact they all spoke perfect english)
    To be fair you sorta have to get the Scottish Accent for people to understand it. And in all honesty, Scots like obfuscating their chat to look really confusing

I can totally get how nae cunt understands the shite we're chatting, but I never got the whole "phonetically write words" thing like writing wa'ah simply because we never fucking pronounce our It's rather than it being something we don't read or comprehend

13. Post #1973
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    5,890 Posts
    I naturally speak Queens English and everyone thinks I'm posh even though I grew up on a council estate

Works both ways I guess

Edited:

We should do a post your voice for bants
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1974
    July 2016
    614 Posts
    Has anyone here ever been to the Falklands? Considering it for its gun laws.
    Probably going to continue with Crete plan but i want to visit the Fuck Lands anyway.

Also i endorse the "post your voice".

15. Post #1975
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    5,890 Posts
    Has anyone here ever been to the Falklands? Considering it for its gun laws.
    Probably going to continue with Crete plan but i want to visit the Fuck Lands anyway.

Also i endorse the "post your voice".
    Isn't the Falklands basically a mini Wales but literally In the middle of the sea

Full of sheep and fuck all to do

Edited:

Anyway my father almost did with the navy but he left in 1981 the lucky bustard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #1976
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,962 Posts
    I read somewhere that all children from the Falkland Islands get to travel to the UK to complete their 6th form at the age of 16-18.
    It must be pretty mind blowing, growing your whole life up on an island of less than 3,000 people, to finishing your schooling in the mother country.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1977
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,065 Posts
    I imagine moving to the Falklands after living in the UK is a bit depressing. Even in the middle of nowhere in Wales you're never more than a couple of hours away from a city

Edited:

I mean I think moving to the falkands because it's easier to own a gun is a terrible idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Phone Internet Explorer 11 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #1978
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,900 Posts
    Wouldn't the Isle of Man be a better place to go if you want a gun?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1979
    July 2016
    614 Posts
    Nah not living their permantly, more so to purchase said guns and then move back to some closer country, like Crete.

Also Isle of Man i highly considered until i looked at the price of land or a house. Fuck that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #1980
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    September 2005
    5,650 Posts
    Nah not living their permantly, more so to purchase said guns and then move back to some closer country, like Crete.

Also Isle of Man i highly considered until i looked at the price of land or a house. Fuck that.
    How does that help? If you dont intend to smuggle the weapons in surely just move to crete in the first place?

21. Post #1981
    July 2016
    614 Posts
    Expense.

Then again, the sheer cost of moving said purchases TO Crete pretty much outweighs the cost.

I love Crete anyway, guns or not. I'm just trying to look for loopholes to get cheaper firearms (that aren't legal here sadly)

Isle of Man would have been perfect.

Edited:

I also want to visit the Falklands guns or not purely for history and i've got an uncle there.

Edited:

Apologies, i just like to think of multiple ideas then narrow them down.

Getting an SMLE soon anyway :)

22. Post #1982
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,068 Posts

Nice one though haha
    Nah we were supposed to pay for the room hire out of our ticket sales but all the loose cunts who came had been knocking em back from 10 till 4am .

someone did do a fat line of coke straight off the bar though..

23. Post #1983
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,016 Posts
    I know someone who went to the Falklands, served, got shot at and bombed by exocet missiles.

Said the people there were lovely and it was a nice place, all things considered. But there was fuck all to do and the weather was constantly shit.

24. Post #1984
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,330 Posts
    i want to move somewhere different for a bit but i'm not sure where or what i could do - would mean losing all my contacts and work in scotland

25. Post #1985
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,487 Posts
    i want to move somewhere different for a bit but i'm not sure where or what i could do - would mean losing all my contacts and work in scotland
    What about moving to Scotland?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #1986
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,711 Posts
    I went into a Subway today and had a voucher to get a footlong for the price of a 6-inch. Now I have used probably hundreds of vouchers at many different places and one thing is almost always certain. The vouchers will be out of date and the guy behind the till wont give a toss. But today for the first time ever this guy (he looked very young and new) TURNED OVER the voucher and CHECKED THE DATE and refused the voucher. I have to say I was in shock I mean I had practically forgotten that vouchers even had dates on them because nobody ever checks them. I almost went to lean over and go "wtf man" to the manager who was serving some other guy but then I remembered "oh wait this just means he is doing his job". I then begrudgingly reached into my pocket and out the TWO POUNDS EXTRA!!! that my meal and drink cost. But I kept the voucher and will use it at one of the other two subway stores in my town
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

27. Post #1987
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,330 Posts
    What about moving to Scotland?
    sounds awful

28. Post #1988
    July 2016
    614 Posts
    Well quite honestly the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and both Irelands are perfectly suitable places to go stay for a bit while also keeping in contact.
    Poland, France, Spain and the like on the coast are also pretty good for flying and staying close. Netherlands especially, Norway even more.

29. Post #1989
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,330 Posts
    i kinda just want to live in a nice remote part of the country for a bit? but i know nothing about it, nor do i have the money, nor do i have the connections

30. Post #1990
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    September 2005
    5,650 Posts
    Skegness - live the dream
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #1991
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,330 Posts
    Skegness - live the dream
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #1992
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    4,016 Posts
    Skegness even the name sounds rancid

Sounds like an insult too, "You Fuck'n Skeg"

On a Semi Related note, Hull is the capital of culture. Iv'e been to Hull and it seems to me they spelt it wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1993
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,900 Posts
    Come to Milton Keynes, you'll get lost after a few roundabouts

Edited:

Unfortunately we don't have any of the magic variety

34. Post #1994
    Main Force Patrolin'
    August 2006
    4,989 Posts
    Come to Milton Keynes, you'll get lost after a few roundabouts

Edited:

Unfortunately we don't have any of the magic variety
    Come to Basingstoke, where after 12pm at night the ring road turns into one big NASCAR race.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #1995
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,065 Posts
    My disappearing spreadsheet plot thickens. The same versions of the spreadsheet for all projects from pretty much the past year has disappeared. They all draw from a database. I've no idea if that's relevant. How does this even happen

Edited:

Turned out our storage decided to quarantine every spreadsheet with a macro. Hopefully it is just a false positive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Phone Internet Explorer 11 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

36. Post #1996
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,962 Posts
    i kinda just want to live in a nice remote part of the country for a bit? but i know nothing about it, nor do i have the money, nor do i have the connections
    Maybe try checking out wwoofing or workaway somewhere down in Cornwall or something?
    You won't be paying any rent and will have food taken care of - in exchange for labour or help for the host. (hosts treat their guests massively differently though).

You've got a car, right?
    I'm sure in your free time you'd be able to make a bit of cash on the side etc.
    And I'm sure you could have a month or two long trip somewhere remote and break even at the end.

37. Post #1997
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,330 Posts
    Maybe try checking out wwoofing or workaway somewhere down in Cornwall or something?
    You won't be paying any rent and will have food taken care of - in exchange for labour or help for the host. (hosts treat their guests massively differently though).

You've got a car, right?
    I'm sure in your free time you'd be able to make a bit of cash on the side etc.
    And I'm sure you could have a month or two long trip somewhere remote and break even at the end.
    main fear is coming home and having nowt, i could just live in the car for a week but maybe all i need is a holiday?

38. Post #1998
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    17,729 Posts
    two more days of mundane bournemouth before another term of slightly less mundane but still pretty boring bath

perhaps one day i'll live in not very mundane but a bit sketchy after 7pm london
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #1999
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,962 Posts
    main fear is coming home and having nowt, i could just live in the car for a week but maybe all i need is a holiday?
    Yeah, for sure.
    Don't ever underestimate the power of a good holiday or time away.
    Every chance I get, I make sure to go somewhere new/different.

But of course, mulah is always a-niggling at the back of the mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #2000
    January 2015
    273 Posts
    skegness is fucking shit
    It's not the most attractive area but Butlins is pretty decent for a weekend if you have kids. The beach can be quite nice if the weather is right. Perhaps I'm just saying this because it's the closest beach back home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)