1. Post #1921
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,413 Posts
    We don't even get to choose our own waifu?
    The waifu chooses the wizard, Mr Cyclocius.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #1922
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,966 Posts
    I just hope I get a nice vanilla waifu that isn't a fey lolita with a chainsaw and a gun. That has to exist in some anime right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1923
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,898 Posts
    what are you lads up to for new years

im just about to head down south to some mates for a party, nice little weekend of heavy drinking i guess
    Last time I was ill so I effect up watching Top Gear DVD's with my parents, and when it finished it was 12:30am and we missed the whole new year's thing.

Probably the same this year but with more WKD

4. Post #1924
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    6,522 Posts
    Should we start making and taking bets on how 2017 will go?

Smart money is on another year of slowly slipping into a dystopic grey dirge of the Western world, but I've personally got my fingers crossed for some sort of civil war or revolution in a country that actually matters. Bonus points if things go nuclear.
    At the start of 2016 I joked about it being another year of unexpected celebrity deaths, Donald Trump and ISIS attacks. Then I predicted that Harper Lee, Gene Wilder, and an unnamed Labour MP would die this year. I'm not tempting fate this time because my powers are too strong.

In other news I don't currently have plans because my dipshit friends haven't bothered asking me yet. If worst comes to worst, I have plenty of Christmas drinks to keep me company and I'm still a happy man.

5. Post #1925
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,053 Posts
    New years eve is always a bit wank for going out anyway. everything costs a fortune, everywhere is rammed, sorting taxis is always a nightmare, all the people who never go out go out and get really pissed and be general amateurs. The best nights out I've had at new year have been in weird sort of deserted pubs

I think my pal's coming over with his missus and we'll just watch jools holland or something. We're boring gits now

Edited:

My new years resolution is to trick my girlfriend into buying a house with me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #1926
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    5,889 Posts
    I think last NY being 17 we done a sort of house crawl thing where we went to all of our mates houses, and somehow managed to get alcohol from each of their parents, then drunkenly walked to McDonalds at about 11, trying to act sober infront of a bunch of police officers then walking home screaming happy new year at 12

year before that me and my friend done a whole bottle of port between us and my friends had to carry me to sleep

this year should be fun, first time going out but I know its going to be stupidly expensive but non of my friends know anyone thats having a house party

Edited:

Anyone got any lovely new year resolutions this year anyways?

Im going for the obligatory cut down on smoking (and hopefully quit) then the actually go to the gym

and be a generally positive person probably
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #1927
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,529 Posts
    Always that one cunt running around opening windows 'to let the new year in'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #1928
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,124 Posts
    Always that one cunt running around opening windows 'to let the new year in'.
    I have never heard of anyone doing that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1929
    Gold Member

May 2010
    5,865 Posts
    New years eve is always a bit wank for going out anyway.
    House parties all the way for NYE tbh.

Im going for the obligatory cut down on smoking (and hopefully quit) then the actually go to the gym
    Same here but fuck knows it's not happening
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #1930
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,123 Posts
    I think last NY being 17 we done a sort of house crawl thing where we went to all of our mates houses, and somehow managed to get alcohol from each of their parents, then drunkenly walked to McDonalds at about 11, trying to act sober infront of a bunch of police officers then walking home screaming happy new year at 12

year before that me and my friend done a whole bottle of port between us and my friends had to carry me to sleep

this year should be fun, first time going out but I know its going to be stupidly expensive but non of my friends know anyone thats having a house party

Edited:

Anyone got any lovely new year resolutions this year anyways?

and be a generally positive person probably
    Meet up with the Southampton facepunchers (there's another one at my uni somewhere as well...) ;)

I guess try and actually learn to play my guitar reasonably well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #1931
    April 2010
    5,889 Posts
    Meet up with the Southampton facepunchers (there's another one at my uni somewhere as well...) ;)

I guess try and actually learn to play my guitar reasonably well.
    cheeky bastard, everytime we plan something I end up catching the flu your a bad influence on me

(plan something for when i get back on the 9th ;) ;) ;) )

12. Post #1932
    Community Manager
    January 2005
    7,352 Posts
    I have never heard of anyone doing that.
    Then it's clear that you need to be that cunt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

13. Post #1933
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,322 Posts
    i've working a nightclub tonight, pray for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9 (list)

14. Post #1934
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,495 Posts
    I'm going to a mates for drinks, probably gonna drink and consume some other substances, then go our town centre where the rest of the people we know will be, then go to somewhere for an after party, so should be a fun night if I don't have a mental breakdown lol

15. Post #1935
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,898 Posts
    Half way into my shift I find out that we're closing an hour early
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #1936
    November 2014
    1,130 Posts
    Happy new year everyone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1937
    May 2009
    582 Posts
    Happy new year everyone! Have a fantastic year!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1938
    April 2006
    130 Posts
    Happy new year me old droogs!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

19. Post #1939
    "Epic Leddit pwner :)"
    March 2010
    10,957 Posts
    You gits are too optimistic, but I still love you all <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

20. Post #1940
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,123 Posts
    Happy new year all you fucks.

Another new year's resolution: I will continue to not do a sociology degree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

21. Post #1941
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,242 Posts
    Happy new year gents, I know it's just another year but I hope 2017 is good to you all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

22. Post #1942
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,999 Posts
    Glad to see the back of 2016, could'nt fuck off soon enough for me.

Hope 2017 is better.

23. Post #1943

September 2010
    183 Posts
    Been staying in London(up Watford) for about a week now, and I have to say it's pretty awesome. Still get confused with the roadways though. Happy New Years!

24. Post #1944
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,529 Posts
    Happy new year guys.

25. Post #1945
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,322 Posts

work was okay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #1946
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,297 Posts
    ...And that's a place i wasn't expecting to see in Facepunch.

A small world, isn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #1947
    Community Manager
    January 2005
    7,352 Posts

work was okay
    why did you have to have the narcissists at the front

28. Post #1948
    Dennab
    May 2007
    213 Posts
    Happy Trump Inauguration And Article 50 Implementation Year!

29. Post #1949
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,322 Posts
    i've no memory of work last night so can't help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Internet Explorer 5 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #1950
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,413 Posts
    No matter where a narcissist stands, they consider it the front.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

31. Post #1951
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    2,714 Posts

32. Post #1952
    April 2010
    5,889 Posts

Dunno if any of you watched this, just looked for like a brief overview after watching Charlie Brookers 2016 wipe.

I know that its gonna be one of those years thats burnt into memory definitely, especially considering I turned 18 on the 24th June

33. Post #1953
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,053 Posts
    Three spreadsheets have gone missing over Xmas. Just disappeared for no apparent reason, nothing else seems to be touched.
    They're normally shared between about 3 of us, so I'm not sure if something weird has happened with that. Not the end of the world but it was log of where time has been spent for the past 2 months, that'll take hours to re do

34. Post #1954
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,322 Posts
    Three spreadsheets have gone missing over Xmas. Just disappeared for no apparent reason, nothing else seems to be touched.
    They're normally shared between about 3 of us, so I'm not sure if something weird has happened with that. Not the end of the world but it was log of where time has been spent for the past 2 months, that'll take hours to re do
    Whichever one disputes the hours they did likely deleted them for a new years bonus?

35. Post #1955
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,053 Posts
    Nah, we've got a clock in/out app. This is just a log of man hours put into a project

Which reminds me I've got to change the clock out times as I let em finish early on the 23rd paid for the rest of the day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Phone Internet Explorer 11 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #1956
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,413 Posts
    How do you convince a company why you want to work for the when you don't care whether you wake up the next morning?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1957
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,123 Posts
    How do you convince a company why you want to work for the when you don't care whether you wake up the next morning?
    First, you really should speak to a doctor if you aren't already. You're not well and you deserve help. Secondly, you bullshit them if you don't have a good reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

38. Post #1958
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    September 2005
    5,649 Posts
    Pander to whatever it is the company thinks highly of about itself.

39. Post #1959
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,413 Posts
    I ended up just saying it's impressive how large they've gotten in such short a time. Because I literally have never heard of them until the job centre suggested I apply.

40. Post #1960
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,067 Posts
    My New Years rave up went so well the venue owner gave us the room hire for free 'cause he made so much on the bar. Fuck yeah cunts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)