1. Post #1641
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,874 Posts
    Pizza hut pizza gets boring after about 3 slices anyways. The crust has great texture but the flavour is ehhhhhhhhhhh.

2. Post #1642
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,217 Posts
    Best pizzas are those mssive frozen chicago town "takeaway" things with the sauce stuffed crust

3. Post #1643
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    15,410 Posts
    Best pizzas are those mssive frozen chicago town "takeaway" things with the sauce stuffed crust
    But cooking them is an exact science, a skill practiced in years marked with many floppy-dough failures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #1644
    April 2012
    959 Posts
    As a lurker from western New York I feel terribly sorry for your lack of quality pizza choices over there. Not much for small chains is there? Pizza Hut, Papa Johns and Dominos are absolutely dead here because they don't hold a candle to the local joints.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

5. Post #1645
    Gold Member

May 2010
    5,938 Posts
    As a lurker from western New York I feel terribly sorry for your lack of quality pizza choices over there. Not much for small chains is there? Pizza Hut, Papa Johns and Dominos are absolutely dead here because they don't hold a candle to the local joints.
    There's always local joints, but the ones that deliver are usually shitty kebab shop pizza.
    I have to go out to a restaurant to get good pizza, but there are a couple really good places.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #1646
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,045 Posts
    Interview day today. Will report back this evening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

7. Post #1647
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,777 Posts
    there's a dominos at my accommodation, but i still wont touch the cunt, dominos is fucking rancid shit, i'd rather just order something on justeat and meet them outside

8. Post #1648
    July 2013
    558 Posts
    I've found with Dominos, Pizza Hut and Papa Johns the quality is purely a branch to branch thing.
    We've two Papa Johns nearby one is shit the other is great. All the pizza huts nearby are shit but the one in my hometown is alright. And the Dominos here is pretty fantastic whereas the one back home is absolutely dire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1649
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    5,054 Posts
    Ristorante pizza's from the Co-op are a classic imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #1650
    You're a big guy.
    January 2011
    6,195 Posts
    Not just from the co-op lad, you can get them anywhere. I always think they're overpriced for what they are though. Much rather make my own pizza, it's cheaper innit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #1651
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,063 Posts
    I find dominos & pizza hut get the order wrong more often than not, shits annoying

Papa Johns is the only one with a near perfect record. plus their toppings & sides are better imo

12. Post #1652
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,217 Posts
    Dr Oetkers Italian ristorante pizzas*

(*made in Germany)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Phone Internet Explorer 11 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #1653
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,045 Posts
    Reporting back, interview went well, they've still got to interview other candidates but my interviewer said she'd recommend me to other departments if I didn't get the job. That said, there was a shoe fiasco because I left my nice shoes in Southampton so popped into topman on the way, quickly grabbed some smart shoes and then got in the car to change into them and realised they'd given me 2 right shoes. Need to go take them back...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #1654
    May 2007
    716 Posts
    These are forever a quid at my local Morrisons. It's a good life.

15. Post #1655
    Dennab
    May 2007
    159 Posts

Liberal values right there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #1656
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,955 Posts
    Morrisons where I live cook fresh pizzas in store to order, litterally the same in size and taste as a large pizza hut order (Iv'e never had a bad pizza hut in my life, dominones where i live are shit tho), and it comes in the standard take away box too.

2.60 regardless of toppings you choose.

Honestly, it's a steal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1657
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,810 Posts
    Morrisons where I live cook fresh pizzas in store to order, litterally the same in size and taste as a large pizza hut order (Iv'e never had a bad pizza hut in my life, dominones where i live are shit tho), and it comes in the standard take away box too.

2.60 regardless of toppings you choose.

Honestly, it's a steal.
    Do they also sell the same ones chilled to cook at home? Cause may have to grab a few from my local Morrisons.

18. Post #1658
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,005 Posts
    did we literally just have a page about pizza

19. Post #1659
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    15,410 Posts
    did we literally just have a page about pizza
    You're right... We need two pages about pizza.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

20. Post #1660
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,061 Posts
    My bus is stuck behind a broken down car in the middle of the road

The police are stuck behind the bus

I haven't peed since last night

Please send help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

21. Post #1661
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,955 Posts
    Do they also sell the same ones chilled to cook at home? Cause may have to grab a few from my local Morrisons.
    Iv'e never thought to look really, I typically eat mine that evening.

It tastes exactly the same reheated the next day if that helps. But thats gonna depend on your toppings, chicken n things like that'll give you the trotts.

22. Post #1662
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,061 Posts
    I'm so glad that I told my manager that I probably wouldn't be able to work tonight because of buses, but this isn't what I was expecting...

23. Post #1663
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,063 Posts
    Was stood in maccies and the couple next to me started dry humping against the counter, anyway long story short I've decided to join ISIS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

24. Post #1664
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,061 Posts
    Phone up my savings account because I haven't received the password reset form that I requested over two weeks ago (wtf), they tell me that there is no record of me requesting one but help me reset my password over the phone.

All is good, transfer some money, sign out of online banking, sign in again and my password is incorrect.

25. Post #1665
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,045 Posts
    This degree is going to kill me at some point. It's great, but definitely fatal.

26. Post #1666
    August 2007
    5,054 Posts
    I've got that bloody winter vomiting bug causing havoc. Main issue for me is that when I'm sick my blood vessels in my face burst so I look like a meth addict.

27. Post #1667
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,005 Posts
    This degree is going to kill me at some point. It's great, but definitely fatal.
    I've been home for a week to try and cram like mad for an exam i've literally had no time to revise for outside of assignments and absolutely nothing has sunk in. Having come from a year out of uni from failing a previous exam twice, it's really not boding well. This combined with how much of a shitshow the last 6-12 months have been is making me feel like absolute utter shite

28. Post #1668
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    10,140 Posts
    You're right... We need two pages about pizza.
    its like WAYT now

29. Post #1669
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,217 Posts
    Completely forgot about work Xmas do, it's tomorrow (Thursday lol) and apparently it's formal wear and no trainers allowed. I've only got trainers or steel toe work boots to wear. My smart shoes are ~200 miles away.

And cos someone isn't going and will be in on Friday I've got to turn up on Friday

30. Post #1670
    April 2010
    10,140 Posts
    Completely forgot about work Xmas do, it's tomorrow (Thursday lol) and apparently it's formal wear and no trainers allowed. I've only got trainers or steel toe work boots to wear. My smart shoes are ~200 miles away.

And cos someone isn't going and will be in on Friday I've got to turn up on Friday
    go primark and get some black chukkas or something

31. Post #1671
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    6,217 Posts
    I might tomorrow day time, fuck going into town after work though

Apparently she's planned a whole day of "fun", I'd rather people were working. And she's been planning this on orders from the company owner but I feel its just been used as an excuse to not do work.

I'm too full of cold to handle this

I'm not annoyed at it being formal wear, more who's decision that was. She lives in some bizarre, aspirational dream world, her desk is covered in post it notes saying stuff like "By age 30, I'll be earning 50k, driving a Mercedes etc"

32. Post #1672
    April 2010
    10,140 Posts
    Oh yea today was the first time I heard an air raid siren in real life.

Apparently here in Southampton they sound a air-raid siren when a military ship docks at Marchwood to offload live ammunition.

Pretty funny too, one of my international course mates who happens to be german was with us, he just turned around and shrugged "Die Luftwaffe ist hier"

fucker scared the life out of me though, literally the scariest sound
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

33. Post #1673
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,308 Posts
    your coursemate

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

34. Post #1674
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    6,540 Posts
    I've got that bloody winter vomiting bug causing havoc. Main issue for me is that when I'm sick my blood vessels in my face burst so I look like a meth addict.
    had that a week ago, puked 16 times in one night. as i was lay head against the wall beside the toilet i had my eyes trained on a bottle of domestos and the temptation to just drink it and end it all was incredibly strong

35. Post #1675
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,045 Posts
    I've been home for a week to try and cram like mad for an exam i've literally had no time to revise for outside of assignments and absolutely nothing has sunk in. Having come from a year out of uni from failing a previous exam twice, it's really not boding well. This combined with how much of a shitshow the last 6-12 months have been is making me feel like absolute utter shite
    Today I had an exam, 2 lab preps, 2 pieces of coursework and I had to shop and do washing. Im not done yet and I've been at it since 7. I've got a double lab tomorrow and another exam Friday.

36. Post #1676
    August 2007
    5,054 Posts
    had that a week ago, puked 16 times in one night. as i was lay head against the wall beside the toilet i had my eyes trained on a bottle of domestos and the temptation to just drink it and end it all was incredibly strong
    I'm up to 11 pukes atm. Problem now is that I feel like I cant move because I haven't eaten anything thats lasted more than 5 minutes since yesterday afternoon.

37. Post #1677
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,063 Posts
    any of you boys had the new spiced plum rekorderlig? peng ting

38. Post #1678
    April 2010
    10,140 Posts
    any of you boys had the new spiced plum rekorderlig? peng ting
    oooo
    rekorderlig is my fav cider, and I dont even like cider

39. Post #1679
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,308 Posts
    dark fruits or get out

just kidding, i've never even drank dark fruits, nor do i drink cider

40. Post #1680
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,063 Posts
    fuck me I'm gold
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)