1. Post #1
    July 2011
    1,163 Posts

Attention Troops, Welcome to the Frontline!

Please visit our website to learn more.

Frontline! Is a TF2 community project with the theme of “20th Century Warfare” such as WW1 / WW2

Our platoon has been marching hard since late 2015 in order to bring this project to fruition and now finally we can proudly present to you what we have been working on.

With over 1400 assets (including skins and variations), our Asset Pack is the largest made for the community so far. Which you can view by clicking here
    We will be regularly adding expansions to the asset pack so that there's plenty for the Mapping and SFM community to sink their teeth into.

This war has only just started and we want YOU on the Frontline with us!

We are inviting the TF2 community to get involved and make Cosmetics, Particle Effects, Taunts, Maps, Weapons, Artwork or whatever you'd like to aid our war effort.

In order to participate, all you need to do is upload any content that you have created for the project onto the TF2 Workshop using our Frontline! Thumbnail Template and post a link to it in one of our threads. We will then make sure your submissions are added to The Frontline! Workshop Collection

FAQ

Q. What is all this, and is it official?
    A. Frontline! is a community-created project by members of the Team Fortress 2 community, for the Team Fortress 2 community - its goal is to rally the troops and bring any and all types of content contributors together and bring forth a new community update, with themes revolving around 20th century wars. As of this posting, Frontline! is not an official update for Team Fortress 2, but with the help of the community - it could be!

Q. What can I submit to the project?
    A. Ultimately, Valve decides what is added to their game, so who are we to judge? That being said, if you can upload it to the Steam Workshop, we can add it to our Collection. That includes cosmetic items, weapons, taunts, unusual effects, and maps. We fully understand how much time it takes for some of those, but we fully encourage you to pursue whatever you'd like!

Q. What can't I submit to the project?

A. Despite the wartime theming, we highly discourage any content based on or influenced by racist or xenophobic imagery. Have some respect, and use your best judgment - any submissions that have these problems will be excluded from the collection and distanced from the project. If in doubt, refer to Valve's own guidelines for TF2 Content Creation.

Q. If I submit my work, how will it be determined whether or not it will be included in the game?
    A. While, we are the ones that add your submission to the Workshop Collection, we do not choose what items are added in-game, if any! That decision is to be made by Valve, and Valve alone. Because of this, Frontline! is an equal-opportunity effort, and will stay as such, no matter what!

Q. I'm new to content creation, but I want to take part! How can I learn?
    A. There are plenty of resources for beginners out there, and we welcome and encourage any new talent! A handy collection of resources can be found here, and if you have any other content creation questions, you can always ask around the community - for the most part, we don't bite!

Q. How long has Frontline! been in development?
    A. The earliest work is from January 2015, with strong proper work starting in the following September, and we've been hard at work ever since! Though it's been a long process, and several iterations of various assets have gone by, our intentions have always been the same - to make a community update for the community, by the community, that is open to everyone.

Q. Can I submit work that I've made prior to the announcement of this project?

A. Of course! We are accepting of any and all submissions, though we do encourage you to make new and exciting content that fits the ideas of the project, even if it's a remake of existing work! And for the mappers, we also encourage re-artpassing past maps using our asset pack to better fit the theme, If they wish to do so!

Q. Is there a deadline for when I have to submit my work by?
    A. As of this posting, there is no deadline! A solid and true deadline will not be declared unless Valve themselves do so - by all means, take your time!

Q. Can I participate in Frontline! alongside the other active community projects?
    A. Of course, it's not a matter of one or the other! We are well aware of the other active projects in the community, and welcome them fully! From our perspective, it's a matter of co-existence, not competition.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Here is a list of the assets and who made them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 104Artistic x 3Friendly x 2Late x 1Useful x 1Disagree x 1Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2014
    138 Posts
    Everything in this pack including the trailer looks TOP FUCKIN' NOTCH. Big round o' applause for everyone involved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 27Friendly Friendly x 8 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2014
    1,886 Posts
    Can The Prime Minister be accepted for the collection, since it's based off of Winston Churchill? If not though, I understand.
    Good luck BTW guys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    December 2015
    92 Posts
    The most professional looking Community Update I've seen to date. Congrats to everyone involved, and I can't wait to get started on some contributions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,865 Posts
    This looking absolutely amazing as per the usual and hope it succeeds.

But can't help but be tired of yet another community update.
    We have the Mayann, The olde workshoppe and still the electrical gauntlet going on and dusting up.

6. Post #6
    September 2015
    1,874 Posts

FUCKIN SHIPS AND BARRELS! IM SOLD!

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 18Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    December 2015
    212 Posts
    CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. I always wanted a community led update thingy inspired by 20th century war stuff. Thank god its not another "Alien" or "big robots" event.

KEEP ON GOING!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2014
    852 Posts
    That update page is very impressive, looks amazing! The entities Crash made also look fantastic and I can't wait to see what maps come of them down the line.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,774 Posts
    Oh baby, all those assets

maybe I should try bothering to make something with them

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,978 Posts
    Because of how well developed this already is on the mapping side, this update currently seems the most likely of what we've seen to get ingame.
    Hopefully that'll be the case!

Edited:
    The tech demo looks very impressive!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,060 Posts
    Thank you guys... <3 Finally can show this thing! EEEE

also, I got some weapons to finish. Make da gunz.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 18Artistic Artistic x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    May 2011
    1,404 Posts
    I've actually been sitting on a bunch of special unusuals for this too!

I'll be rolling them out over the next couple of weeks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    February 2016
    130 Posts
    Wow, the amount of effort that went into this is insane! Can't wait to see what people can create with the theme and the tons of assets available.

Maybe I'll even create my own map for this, the stuff shown off in the tech demo video looks amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    November 2014
    1,303 Posts
    You guys should "Nuke 'Em"

15. Post #15
    October 2014
    2,339 Posts
    I fuckin love the World War era, this looks badass!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

16. Post #16
    July 2013
    600 Posts
    I've actually been sitting on a bunch of special unusuals for this too!
    I'll be rolling them out over the next couple of weeks!
    Oh, so this isn't the only one? I'll be looking forward to what you show next.

17. Post #17
    January 2012
    1,100 Posts
    This might be a good time to model that TF2 WWI artwork that's been floating around.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    March 2014
    5,058 Posts
    this is starting to feel like too many community updates

though this one clearly has more effort put into it than some others
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Opera United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    October 2014
    1,612 Posts

Here, a concept!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Czech Republic Show Events Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    4,038 Posts

Great work on this. Gonna try to get something done and contribute to one of these projects for once!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 18Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    ZOEY SMITH
    November 2010
    4,018 Posts
    It's been a long (but fun) 10~ months! Hopefully it was worth the wait, I look forward to seeing what comes out of it after all this.

Now onto more props, tbh...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    November 2013
    1,624 Posts
    holy fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    March 2012
    1,428 Posts
    For those interested, here is a better look at the scout set that was used in the short. Which I should finish soon!

This project and theme really got me back into churning down on making items (and a LOT of props) again. Looking forward to see what you guys can bring to the table!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 17 (list)

24. Post #24
    January 2013
    1,163 Posts
    Plenty of top lads on this project, was great bein a part of it :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

25. Post #25
    Ona
    insert sausage
    June 2013
    1,273 Posts
    For what it's worth, I'd like to submit the Mannkannon for this. It was made fairly recently and is based (incredibly loosely) off the PTRS-41 anti-material rifle that got used by the Allied forces during WWII

I've also got some very old (see: late last year before I stopped making TF2 models) models for a Sniper pack I was working on. Mundy's Marksetter and the Tasmanian Devil, based on the Lee Enfield SMLE rifle and Austin Mk 1 SMG respectively. Both were used by the Australian forces during the second world war:

More pics here.

Ditto.

I've still got the models themselves, they both have some unwraps files, but I was never much good at those. In any case, if anybody wants to pick up these items, rig them and texture them for this pack, that's coolio with me. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested (I'll also start bashing on some windows of people I usually do stuff with - you know who you are.)

All in all, I've been out of the TF2 modding and gaming scene for a while now, but this seems like just the opportunity to finally get Mundy's Munitions some time in the limelight.

Best of luck, everybody! Looking forward to seeing what's cooked up. Who knows, maybe I'll even crack out 3DS Max again and make some new items. Probably not, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    November 2014
    246 Posts

Should I submit this for frontline?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Vap
    June 2013
    125 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    November 2014
    198 Posts
    there is a soundtrack already released? I was really impressed by the quality of the SFM and soundtrack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    March 2012
    1,428 Posts
    there is a soundtrack already released? I was really impressed by the quality of the SFM and soundtrack.
    https://soundcloud.com/livinglars/la...ler-soundtrack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    2,616 Posts
    Why hasn't Valve hired all of you? The quality of work here is impressive and on par if not above that of the actual TF2 team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    March 2016
    230 Posts
    I really hope that the Beard from the Fortunate Son Set finds it way in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    April 2013
    1,280 Posts
    I almost cried when I saw the intro + asset pack. This is so much more than I could have ever asked for in a community update, the fact that there's so much already and this is just the call for more is just incredible. Thank you guys so much.

Edited:

Looks like Retrocitrus on those paintovers, they're so good. Also, any chance a SFM workshop item will be created with all the assets? I've already downloaded them but it would allow for automatic updating of all the content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 14Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    November 2011
    585 Posts
    Really excited about this one. Great job to everyone on the team. Probably is going to bring me out of my item making slump.

34. Post #34
    August 2013
    9,713 Posts
    god damn another one

still this community update probably fits the theme far better than any preexisting one does, looking forward to this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

35. Post #35
    June 2016
    182 Posts
    We have five community updates going.
    Five.
    I want all of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

36. Post #36
    April 2015
    114 Posts
    We have five community updates going.
    Five.
    I want all of them.
    Iron Gauntlet
    Mayann
    Ye Olde Workshoppe
    Frontline!

That's 4, am I missing one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #37
    November 2014
    246 Posts

WIP

Good idea or should I just kms?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    June 2015
    592 Posts
    The Soul Patches

Unclaimed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    June 2016
    182 Posts
    Iron Gauntlet
    Mayann
    Ye Olde Workshoppe
    Frontline!

That's 4, am I missing one?
    Oops.
    (Let's pretend Valve is part of the community guys back me up)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    June 2012
    1,380 Posts
    damn this community update is so good!

In honor of the traditional concept rush that happens with new project threads, I would like to present this old concept of mine that I think fits the theme quite well.

Edited:

Another semiretired concept: atomic goggles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)