1. Post #881
    May 2011
    292 Posts
    Maybe we can build a spleef arena and host games, with, I dont know, a lava drop? winner gets a few prizes. Preferably we can do this on a thursday as an end of the week thing

2. Post #882
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,473 Posts
    Maybe we can build a spleef arena and host games, with, I dont know, a lava drop? winner gets a few prizes. Preferably we can do this on a thursday as an end of the week thing
    There actually already exists a spleef arena with an optional lava drop. Terry built it ages ago when the server was first getting off its sea legs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #883
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,991 Posts
    By the way, for anyone who treaded on the pressure plate on the yellow wool in spawn, I set up a little machine to keep track.

Basically, you're all getting sanctioned
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

4. Post #884
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,754 Posts
    I remember seeing it pop up one day and digging around to see it was non functional

couple weeks later and a whole redstone circuit was set up. It was amazing watching the count go up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Firefox Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #885
    May 2010
    993 Posts
    What about setting the world on permanent nightime?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Phone Internet Explorer 11 Argentina Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

6. Post #886
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,744 Posts
    What about setting the world on permanent nightime?
    Perma night, snow fall everywhere, leather must be worn to survive outside, increased spawns

Wait this sounds familiar :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #887
    May 2011
    292 Posts
    Perma night, snow fall everywhere, leather must be worn to survive outside, increased spawns

Wait this sounds familiar :v
    the good ol days
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #888
    October 2011
    435 Posts
    Finally finished the exterior of my longhouse

Interior is still wip, planning to add a bar, seating, a sleeping area and a workshop.
    For now, this is enough, tho - I actually forgot how much easier creative mode makes it to build steep roofs like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

9. Post #889
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    13,729 Posts
    Looks awesome, I really need to get back on soon, don't want to see it closed down again.

10. Post #890
    November 2013
    63 Posts
    Here's a picture of construction I was helping with before the server shut down. Would enjoy helping on another ridiculous build on the new Max No Relax.

11. Post #891
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    13,729 Posts
    You're already whitelisted I'm pretty sure, been thinking of making a large hydro-dam somewhere if you'd like to help

12. Post #892
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,059 Posts
    Just a reminder that the world borders did get increased, and according to dynmap hasn't really been visited.

13. Post #893
    November 2011
    163 Posts
    Gonna hop on for a bit after I grab some food. I can only hope to find an end to the Undead... or at least someway to farm up their drops.

OhGodHorsemenAreEverywhereHelp.

14. Post #894
    November 2013
    63 Posts
    You're already whitelisted I'm pretty sure, been thinking of making a large hydro-dam somewhere if you'd like to help
    Sounds neat.

15. Post #895
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BEN FOLDS FETISH
    April 2010
    6,918 Posts
    Here's a picture of construction I was helping with before the server shut down. Would enjoy helping on another ridiculous build on the new Max No Relax.

oh yeah that was the shit

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #896
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,754 Posts
    I wanted to do something similiar but I gave up rather quickly

how'd you go on draining the ocean like that?

17. Post #897
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    36,495 Posts
    I wanted to do something similiar but I gave up rather quickly

how'd you go on draining the ocean like that?
    LOTS of sand.

Wall off an area, fill it with sand then dig the sand out.

It was immensely time consuming and I think at its height it had 6 or so people working on it and it still took days and days.

18. Post #898
    November 2013
    63 Posts
    The good news is beacons and mending are a thing now. We could probably do a project like that much more quickly, but I'm sure it would still take forever.

19. Post #899
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,059 Posts
    Server will be going down temporarily. I'm moving to a different host that isn't specific to minecraft that will give me a good price.

Edited:

https://mega.nz/#!F4JT1LTb!nc_XtYbsD...GOrkUuqvec3RhA

Here the link to the latest version of the server. includes everything except for the dynmap tiles.

Anyone have any good host ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #900
    October 2011
    435 Posts
    can't open the archive for some reason, maybe it's corrupted?

don't really have experience with quality hosts, sadly :I

21. Post #901
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,059 Posts
    What program are you using to open it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #902
    October 2011
    435 Posts
    tried with both win-rar and 7zip, both declare the archive as either damaged or packed as an invalid format

23. Post #903
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,059 Posts

24. Post #904
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,855 Posts
    Well this sounds fun, could you add sam6420 to the whitelist, please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

25. Post #905
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,059 Posts
    Well this sounds fun, could you add sam6420 to the whitelist, please.
    I'll get you in when I get it back up. Having a hard time finding a server that has what i'm looking for with performance and cost.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #906
    May 2010
    993 Posts
    If you find the host will you restart the server?

Edited:

as restarting the map I mean

27. Post #907
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    13,729 Posts
    please no, if anything just make a new spawn point
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #908
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    411 Posts
    Did this died :(?

29. Post #909
    November 2011
    163 Posts
    Did this died :(?
    Saddly the server is down and I haven't been able to get on. We will be back... Someday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

30. Post #910
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    13,729 Posts
    When this comes back hopefully we will have a new starting point and expanded world?

just please don't reset the map

31. Post #911
    November 2011
    163 Posts
    When this comes back hopefully we will have a new starting point and expanded world?

just please don't reset the map
    We can only hope we don't get a reset but :P ... Also congrats on 13,337 posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #912
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    411 Posts
    Poo, right when I had a minecrafting urge again.

33. Post #913
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,753 Posts
    Server will be going down temporarily. I'm moving to a different host that isn't specific to minecraft that will give me a good price.

Edited:

https://mega.nz/#!F4JT1LTb!nc_XtYbsD...GOrkUuqvec3RhA

Here the link to the latest version of the server. includes everything except for the dynmap tiles.

Anyone have any good host ideas?
    I've recommended it before, but SoYouStart is a good one. Gets you a fairly powerful dedicated box for a really low price when compared to VPS providers. You'll have to set everything up yourself but it's not as hard as it sounds. If you want even cheaper boxes, Kimsufi might be up your alley. I'm not sure if the CPU's these boxes are outfitted with will be sufficient for Minecraft as I have no experience with anything but Xeon's when it comes to server hosting but it doesn't hurt to try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

34. Post #914
    March 2012
    6,680 Posts
    Can you whitelist me
    Dat_Guy_Fulcrum

35. Post #915
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    13,729 Posts
    This server is down for the time being and there is no estimate for when it will make its return. Sorry about that but maybe one day it will come back!

36. Post #916
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    36,495 Posts
    Wouldn't mind if it came back, would like to get back to making castles again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)