1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,077 Posts

Once again, with permission from BreakfastBuddy himself, we are bringing back Max No Relax.

What is Max No Relax? Max No Relax is a max difficulty hard-core vanilla server. Once you die, you are banned from playing until the weekly unbans, which are Fridays at ~4PM CST.

Last time this server was up we had a great little community, the enhanced difficulty of hardcore gives the game a little edge that it's usually missing.

Rules:
    -No greifing/stealing (I have Blocklog installed, I can see what you do)
    -No Mob Traps/XP farms/Massive Animal Farms (With the new enchanting system there is no reason to need a mob trap)
    -PVP is OFF, No killing via traps by other methods either
    -No X-ray mods
    -Don't build directly next to other people's stuff unless they are okay with it.
    -Most common sense stuff
    -Don't be a dick
    -If you get put into spectator, log off and post in the thread, DO NOT GO TRAVELING AROUND

Plugins:
    -Lockette
    -Dynamap
    -LogBlock
    -Stables (With most stuff disabled, used to make nametags to claim horses)

Whitelist:
    Just post here, or add me on steam.

Death:
    I want to rephrase this, when you die, you are dead till next Friday at 4PM CST. If you think you died in an unfair way (Killed while still spawning in a place that was supposed to be safe) or were killed by a greifing player, we'll take care of it on a case by case basis. ​YOUR ENDER CHEST GETS DELETED ON DEATH

Notes:
    World border is set at 7000 width (Max one corner is 3500,3500 Min is -3500,-3500)

Server Info - MaxNoRelax.PlayAt.CH

Dynamap - MaxNoRelax.PlayAt.CH:8123

Steam Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MaxNoRelax

Server Restarts Everyday @ 4AM CST

For some clarifications: No Entity Farms. What I mean by this is I don't wanna see XP farms or MASSIVE automated factories of animals. I don't feel it is in the spirit of Hardcore. The point of hardcore is the hard part, and with the revamped enchanting system there is even less need than ever before. Every single player doesn't need a massive hole literally flooded with cows. (I've seen like 3). It causes needless lag, if you want to have a couple of animals that's fine, but slaughter them right after you breed them.

If you guys wanna combine together and make public automatic ANIMAL farms that is fine. (as long as it doesn't cause any lag on the server or any player's machine)

This, like with any "rule" I make, is arguable. If enough people disagree with me then a rule can be changed, it's a democracy, it's your server as much as it is mine.

You can make Nametags for the Stables Plugin!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

2. Post #2
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    January 2006
    5,608 Posts
    I'm down like a clown at a mexican donkey show.

Username: ViralHatred
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    FISSION MAILED
    January 2010
    11,807 Posts
    ohboy I'd love to check this out, lots of good memories from this

PredGD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,632 Posts
    Random world or are we going back to custom maps?

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,077 Posts
    Random
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    December 2013
    92 Posts
    I'll play!

CaveDweller123
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    14,060 Posts
    Oh my fucking god. Thank you so much for bringing this back!

ArcNovaFP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    August 2012
    815 Posts
    Might give this a spin again, I guess...?

IGN is Misanthropix
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Firefox Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Not actually a glitch
    May 2005
    7,718 Posts
    Its time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    January 2014
    1,470 Posts
    IGN is mcgrath618
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,119 Posts
    Sign me up please.

Kali_Aryanna.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    IM WEIRD
    September 2007
    2,309 Posts
    Been waiting for this for too long. Thanks so much for doing this again.

JoggingBear

Let's do this boys. GET HYPE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    January 2014
    1,470 Posts
    Got on, went to 0,0, and began building a house there. In the middle of the day, with no mobs in sight, I suddenly couldn't till the land. I was then told that I'd died. ???????????

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,077 Posts
    Got on, went to 0,0, and began building a house there. In the middle of the day, with no mobs in sight, I suddenly could till the land. I was then told that I'd died. ???????????
    According to the server, sounds like you didn't check hard enough. Looks like a creeper found you.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    22,630 Posts
    heck yeah I remember this being tons of fun.

_Limey
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    January 2014
    1,470 Posts
    According to the server, sounds like you didn't check hard enough. Looks like a creeper found you.
    Ah, shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

17. Post #17
    September 2009
    175 Posts
    IGN is Lett1, sign me up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,835 Posts
    Back again.

I'd love a whitelist

IGN is Loriborn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,346 Posts
    Alright, I'm curious. IGN is Segasaturn95.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,077 Posts
    Cemetery has been built. Come built houses, invite your friends. Lets get peeps in here.

21. Post #21
    November 2012
    562 Posts
    whitelist pls cowtippinsloth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,632 Posts
    PSA: If you see skeleton horses, do not approach them. Dispatch them with a bow or give them a wide berth.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Horse#Skeleton_trap

If you get within 10 meters of them, there's a chance that they will spawn in a large group of skeleton horses, each with skeleton archers on top. Left unchecked, these new horses could then cause other spawns, creating an epidemic. I spent like an hour killing dozens of these guys so don't let them gain any more territory.

23. Post #23
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    14,060 Posts
    And once you slap a saddle on them you are a fucking badass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    3,353 Posts
    IGN is chipsnapper
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    January 2006
    5,608 Posts
    RIP me. Server decided to lag as I went down a water elevator. Got to the bottom just fine then got put outside of it with a "RIP girl you fell game over."

Oh well, see you Friday I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,077 Posts
    If anyone feels like they died cause the game was being a butt, add me on steam. I don't want people to get banned because of some lag, that's unfair.

The Banning script is having issues anyway. Anyone banned before this post is only banned for 12 hours anyway, but I fixed it this time.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,346 Posts
    Turns out the reason I kept getting errors earlier when I tried to connect is because I stupidly rolled my client back to 1.1 instead of 1.10 by accident.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    5,354 Posts
    I've always heard of this! The IGN is the same as my name here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29

June 2016
    4 Posts
    Can we like not go into my nether base and leave holes/netherack and kill the only blaze spawner we know about? That'd be greeaaaat.

30. Post #30
    May 2010
    998 Posts
    My god, the memories. Does someone remember my ravine/dwarven stronghold on last map? IGN is Fedaso.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    3,353 Posts
    Died on entry, it was night

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,077 Posts
    Died on entry, it was night
    I just saw that on console, i'll unban you. Look on dynmap to make sure it's daytime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    January 2014
    1,470 Posts
    I'm going to sound like an idiot but where do I find the dynmap? The link in the OP won't work

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,346 Posts
    I'm going to sound like an idiot but where do I find the dynmap? The link in the OP won't work
    Open it in Chrome. Edge doesn't know what to do with it.

35. Post #35
    January 2014
    1,470 Posts
    Still doesn't work in Chrome.

Edited:

Nvm didn't realize it was case-sensitive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Edge United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,802 Posts
    I'd like to give this a try
    IGN is fredstin22
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    August 2013
    422 Posts
    I'd love to have a go. My IGN is Vuxtapose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    3,353 Posts
    For the dynamap, note that the site does NOT use https. It won't load if you use HTTPS! Use HTTP:///maxnorelax.playat.ch:8123/ instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    5,354 Posts
    So, I choose to go and fix up a village that was fucked over by the land generation. As I do so, several villagers fell into a pit and a zombie chased after them. The pit is gone now, but now the village population has been cut.

I'm gonna have to make more doors to fix that.

40. Post #40
    July 2014
    566 Posts
    eevor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)