1. Post #121

October 2012
    4 Posts
    Tonight's meme's
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    The woods being burned down and the final result

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,077 Posts
    You guys should try and round that bottom side. So it looks less man made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,991 Posts
    It's harder to dig out underwater, especially now that it's already done

We could definitely get rid of the stone though, maybe put a little out crop or two

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,842 Posts
    It's harder to dig out underwater, especially now that it's already done

We could definitely get rid of the stone though, maybe put a little out crop or two
    You should be able to place TNT charges underwater, then covering them up so that they don't touch any water. Should help with the workload

6. Post #126
    July 2009
    945 Posts
    I think he meant this part
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,991 Posts
    You should be able to place TNT charges underwater, then covering them up so that they don't touch any water. Should help with the workload
    I'll try this if anyone wants to donate their gunpowder

8. Post #128
    Buy Some Apples
    March 2009
    1,164 Posts
    This sounds like fun.
    Whitelist me as Jerod

9. Post #129
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    January 2006
    5,608 Posts
    I'll try this if anyone wants to donate their gunpowder
    You know water nullifies explosions right? It has for a very very long time. Hence why is you punt a creeper into water it does no block damage, or set off TNT in water it won't make a hole. It still causes physical damage (i.e. you will die) but it won't damage any blocks at all.

Also because people keep dying after "I'm waiting for it to become daytime" like Loriborn did today, I'll give ViralHatred's super explanation of logging out, mobs and chunks and not dying.

Hi! So you just got bumrushed by a Witch, there's a few skeletons nearby, a spooky looking horse down the hill and a zombie gnawing on you in the middle of the night?

First things first, Logging out does not despawn mobs, it unloads the chunk (the 16x16x256 area) you were in and any you had in your draw distance. That means it freezes everything that was going on like saving a document until someone returns to them. If there are multiple players on it will not unload any they can see (if they are with you, or nearby, etc.) So what does that mean? It means when you log back in it'll update the time of day in those chunks but those same mobs are still going to be there.

Now things to take note of:
    - ALL mobs have a 1 in 800 chance of despawning per tick (1/20th of a second which is 0.025% chance per second) is there is no player within 32 blocks.
    - Mobs despawn if there is no player within 128 blocks.
    - Mobs do not despawn if there is nobody on the server.
    - A Hostile spider will not become Neutral during daytime until it has hit you at least once or until you get out of its range.
    - Creepers despawn around Midday if no players are nearby.
    - Witches can despawn during the day.
    - Zombies and Skeletons will burn in the sun but will seek water if on fire or shaded areas. Zombies and Skeletons with Helmets WILL NOT seek shelter. Deserts have an 80% chance of spawning Husks instead of Zombies which DO NOT burn in sunlight.
    - Shoot the spooky fucking horses with a bow for heavens sake. If you hear lightning strike when not in a storm be on the lookout as the sound is played globally over the server.

So if you're logging out to avoid something give someone your coords or the rough area so they can head over there to help, or at least assess your situation first. Is it just a zombie? Did it have armour? No? The wait for midday, it'll burst into flames and you'll be ok. Was it a Witch? Get a friend to head over and kill her or distract her so you can log in again, and so on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,991 Posts
    I know water nullifies explosions, the idea is to dig into the ground, put a tnt down, and then cover it up so it's not submerged.

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,529 Posts
    I feel that as the server grows, we'll be seeing an increase in those who are making large structures outside of town... and those who would like to deliver materials to them, but don't want to spend the time and effort of getting there and dropping it off.

So I have set up a delivery post office at the co-ordinates X19 Z385. If you want to make a long distance delivery or are just too lazy to deliver many materials to someone in town, this service will deliver the materials for you. If, for some reason, the diamond-clad protected mailman manages to die, we'll find a way to reimburse your items, free of charge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,632 Posts
    I feel that as the server grows, we'll be seeing an increase in those who are making large structures outside of town... and those who would like to deliver materials to them, but don't want to spend the time and effort of getting there and dropping it off.

So I have set up a delivery post office at the co-ordinates X19 Z385. If you want to make a long distance delivery or are just too lazy to deliver many materials to someone in town, this service will deliver the materials for you. If, for some reason, the diamond-clad protected mailman manages to die, we'll find a way to reimburse your items, free of charge.
    A lot of people have built along the river, so I've started a bit of a river expansion project. Loriborn, I think, built over a large section of the river though so I'm scrapping the project for now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,529 Posts
    Speaking about projects, I did have an idea of my own. In the older MNR, I wanted to create a vertical death gauntlet tower, with reaching the very top and bottom giving some kind of reward. I think it'd at the least make for a good challenge to those who are already decked out in Protection IV armor and have insane power buffs on their weapons.

14. Post #134
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    14,060 Posts
    I'm getting a can't resolve host name error when I try to join

Edited:

oh now it just says cannot connect to server

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,842 Posts
    You know water nullifies explosions right? It has for a very very long time. Hence why is you punt a creeper into water it does no block damage, or set off TNT in water it won't make a hole. It still causes physical damage (i.e. you will die) but it won't damage any blocks at all.

Hence why I suggested covering it up before triggering the charge??????? If the water isn't touching the TNT it will cause block dmage

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,119 Posts
    I ripped out all the floors of my castle's main tower and extended it upwards so I could have more height per floor, then fell through the roof because I forgot i hadn't finished part of it.

Thankfully I'd totally intentionally made it just the perfect height that falling down all three stories to the ground floor didn't quite kill me, but it still scared the shit out of me. One more block and I'd have been toast.

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,077 Posts
    I'm getting a can't resolve host name error when I try to join

Edited:

oh now it just says cannot connect to server
    Make sure you are running the latest version of MC? if you haven't launched it in a while you need the updated launcher. It's "1.10.2" not 1.1.0.

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,119 Posts

oh, come on.

That's the map border, for those who haven't encountered it yet. And just out of reach is a dungeon.

Edited:

Now this is just taking the piss. I can't even open the chest on the other side.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #139
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,077 Posts

oh, come on.

That's the map border, for those who haven't encountered it yet. And just out of reach is a dungeon.

Edited:

Now this is just taking the piss. I can't even open the chest on the other side.
    Find me when I get on, I'll remove the border for like 2 minutes for you to raid those chests.

I know someone people have asked me about this before, I have no intention of increasing the world border. I like the idea of everyone being a realistically close distance. I don't want people to be 10,000 blocks out and isolated from the group. I feel at this world size you can travel to anyone's base in a reasonable time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #140
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    January 2006
    5,608 Posts
    Killed by a Benderman through Kali's wall.

See you friday folks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #141
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    14,060 Posts
    Make sure you are running the latest version of MC? if you haven't launched it in a while you need the updated launcher. It's "1.10.2" not 1.1.0.
    Ended up fixing it by just clicking join, minecraft was just trying to trick me I guess.

Managed to build half of my spawn house so far

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,802 Posts
    I'd love a whitelist. My username is Jrose14

23. Post #143
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    14,060 Posts

The Citadel from Generation 1
    come back Zesty we miss you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,802 Posts
    well that was a fun 45 minutes see you boys on Friday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    May 2011
    1,163 Posts
    I've been summoned by Arc Nova. Dajukester is my IGN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    August 2013
    420 Posts
    IGN: TCGN

ty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #147
    May 2011
    1,163 Posts
    I was promised that facilities would be given.

Where is the brothel.

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,774 Posts
    Heya folks! I'm planning on trying to build a railway (again) so if you want your base or a particular location on the map as part of it, post it here or at the bulletin board I felt I was self-important enough to require at my ~regional headquarters~

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,077 Posts
    -1800, -540. That's where the spleef arena is.

Edited:

I was promised that facilities would be given.

Where is the brothel.
    It says services available not facilities, the world is my brothel.

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    411 Posts
    I missed Max No Relax.

IGN: Syndicate_Panda

pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    May 2008
    424 Posts
    Glad to see this back!

IGN: johnjoemcbob1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #152
    May 2007
    16 Posts
    Whitelist please.

IGN: PERTINAX
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Chrome Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,100 Posts
    Ooo I remember this! Whitelist please!

IGN : Gubbygub
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    14,060 Posts
    And I have been killed. RIP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    9,321 Posts

The Citadel from Generation 1
    come back Zesty we miss you
    Fine, but only because I lost this picture and I'm surprised anyone missed my ass

IGN is Divaya (changed it a long time ago). Whitelist me please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,077 Posts
    I've Updated the OP as well:

For some clarifications: No Entity Farms. What I mean by this is I don't wanna see XP farms or MASSIVE automated factories of animals. I don't feel it is in the spirit of Hardcore. The point of hardcore is the hard part, and with the revamped enchanting system there is even less need than ever before. Every single player doesn't need a massive hole literally flooded with cows. (I've seen like 3). It causes needless lag, if you want to have a couple of animals that's fine, but slaughter them right after you breed them.

If you guys wanna combine together and make public automatic ANIMAL farms that is fine. (as long as it doesn't cause any lag on the server or any player's machine)

This, like with any "rule" I make, is arguable. If enough people disagree with me then a rule can be changed, it's a democracy, it's your server as much as it is mine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,529 Posts
    JoggingBear,

If you died last night, tell me of your coordinates. I can try and take your stuff back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #158
    IM WEIRD
    September 2007
    2,309 Posts
    JoggingBear,

If you died last night, tell me of your coordinates. I can try and take your stuff back.
    Still alive and kicking. 'scool.
    Thanks though.

Edited:

Also if anyone is selling glowstone, hook me up and I'll pay in iron.

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,991 Posts

I'm building a series of floating islands around 600, 500. If anyone wants to come along and add their own island with their own home-away-from-home, they can. I think it'd be really cool to develop a cozy floating village.

You can get to the area by boat, just follow the lake out of spawn east and turn right at the crossroad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #160
    Ott
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,556 Posts

I'm building a series of floating islands around 600, 500. If anyone wants to come along and add their own island with their own home-away-from-home, they can. I think it'd be really cool to develop a cozy floating village.

You can get to the area by boat, just follow the lake out of spawn east and turn right at the crossroad.
    Name it Laputa

Edited:

And populate it with iron golems
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)